AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Member's Pet Peeves

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyLuna said:
To be fair, when Logitech changed their software back in March, I couldn't find the autofocus, and it took me three days to figure out I had to go back in and REDO unchecking it every day...

But it's been out for over half a year now, girls, come on!

The thing is that on my Logitech software, I keep it saved so that Autofocus is NOT checked. But then I'll glance at the software and see the damn thing checked off again. It does this all the time, and no matter how many times I click it OFF, minutes later I'm finding that it's turned right back on again. I have no idea why it happens.

OtakuJack1987 said:
I've got alot of them, but I'll just give a few.

Models that let basics and guests talk as soon as they log on

Models that charge close to 2k tokens for public shows

1) When a model clicks 'Start Webcam', the guests and basics are free until she mutes them. Also, when a model comes out of a private or group show and returns to public chat, it automatically frees the guests and basics (I hate that, and sometimes I forget that they're let free after a pvt show).

And you know what? If there's a room full of premiums and not a single one is talking or tipping, they shouldn't complain when the model decides to let guests and basics talk (guests and basics will gladly talk...lmao). I've done this before when I've had a room full of premiums who wouldn't respond to anything I'd say.

2) Well 2,000 tokens = $100 to the model, and maybe $100 is the model's daily goal. I think the reason this is a pet peeve for you is that it SOUNDS like "a lot" to say 2,000 tokens (as opposed to just saying $100). Just like when models charge 100 tokens to add you to their friends list. Guys might whine "I have to tip you 100 tokens?!" but that's really only $5 in the model's pocket. If anything, I'd think your beef would be with the models who require thousands of tokens before taking their top off.

By the way, I know I'm quoting OLD posts, but I wasn't very active on here when I first joined, so some of these posts are new to me. ;) I hope me quoting an old post isn't a problem.

I'm not sure if this comes under peeves but it made me feel peevish. lol During a private, with a model you've privated with before, and a couple minutes before the session would have just ended from tokens running out...the model suddenly asks you to send her money (presumably via Paypal) for some "personal emergency" that's just come up. She says she'll do anything possible to make it "worth my while." Ugh. No matter how much I may like someone online, I don't really know them, and it ruins any good feelings one may have had via spending time with someone you like during a private.

Just thought it was kind of tacky. Left me with the lame, "gosh, I'd really like to help you but..."

Nordling said:
I'm not sure if this comes under peeves but it made me feel peevish. lol During a private, with a model you've privated with before, and a couple minutes before the session would have just ended from tokens running out...the model suddenly asks you to send her money (presumably via Paypal) for some "personal emergency" that's just come up. She says she'll do anything possible to make it "worth my while." Ugh. No matter how much I may like someone online, I don't really know them, and it ruins any good feelings one may have had via spending time with someone you like during a private.

Just thought it was kind of tacky. Left me with the lame, "gosh, I'd really like to help you but..."

Bummer. And she even had the nerve to ask this on your dime.

Sevrin said:
Nordling said:

Really strange, I thought. I'd never encountered this with anyone before. Heh, and this was an American. lol

Nordling said:
Sevrin said:
Nordling said:

Really strange, I thought. I'd never encountered this with anyone before. Heh, and this was an American. lol

WOW... just WOW

Kind of tacky is putting it nicely. Reminds me of the scam artists that hit you up for money at shopping centers so they can get home or some other lame ass story. You should report her because I'm sure there are a few guys falling for it.

Nordling said:
Heh. Well, I don't know if there's any specific rules against begging.

Straight from MFC contract rules:

Asking members for money

This is NOT ALLOWED. You cannot tell our customers that your mother is stick and you need $1000 for the hospital. If this happens, your model account and studio account will be closed without payment.

This is a business, not a charity. If you want to earn $1000, you can do it very fast on our site.

Reactions: Nordling
LacieLaPlante said:
SweepTheLeg said:
Here's a pet peeve, its probably been discussed as this thread is 9 pages long BUT when a model will whine that she's not doing privates or groups and is getting tired about people trying to take her to either BUT won't turn them off.

Herp derp, I am an offender here. I always forget I can turn them off.

Holy shit you can turn them off? I'm WAY guilty of this, then. :p

I'm pretty much always open to Group but sometimes Privates creep me out. Or if I'm about to start a public show I won't go Group or Private at all, but I sort of expect the guys to have enough common sense to realize this.

I'm excited about my new found ability to turn these off! Thank you.

Bocefish said:
Nordling said:

Asking members for money

This is NOT ALLOWED. You cannot tell our customers that your mother is stick and you need $1000 for the hospital. If this happens, your model account and studio account will be closed without payment.

This is a business, not a charity. If you want to earn $1000, you can do it very fast on our site.
Thanks!

I wonder if this applies when they offer you something in return--she offered her phone number. lol

Out of nowhere she suddenly said something about, "now can you help me?" After I asked how, her voice was garbled...so I asked her to type it. (this model has the worst audio on MFC)

01:54:24 AM Nordling: Sure, how?
[GARBLE]
01:54:27 AM Nordling: Can you type? I can't understand.
01:54:49 AM [model name]: i need money for my studio recording tommorow
01:55:05 AM [model name]: in return i can give you my #

Bocefish said:
Nordling said:

Asking members for money

Wow, I either missed that or forgot about it.

Clearly what the model in question did in private is crossing a line, but it's not uncommon for girls to say what they are raising money for during their shows, or to start chip-ins for certain goals of theirs. Are you guys put off by this?

Personally I think as long the model is still working it on cam (be it public, group, or private shows) then voicing that the purpose of this is to raise money for hospital bills or a new car or whatever is just fine.

My last MFC check came really late (finally got it today!) so I started a Chip-in to get me by and let anyone who donated $10 or more pick 3 videos as a thank you. Do you feel this is breaking that rule? I wasn't straight up asking for moeny, but offering goods in return. And I still did my countdown and group/private shows. It's not as if i just sat there and cried for help.

Er, so I guess my point is that things aren't always so black and white.

LadyBakes said:
Bocefish said:
Nordling said:

Asking members for money

Clearly what the model in question did in private is crossing a line, but it's not uncommon for girls to say what they are raising money for during their shows, or to start chip-ins for certain goals of theirs. Are you guys put off by this?

Personally I think as long the model is still working it on cam (be it public, group, or private shows) then voicing that the purpose of this is to raise money for hospital bills or a new car or whatever is just fine.

My last MFC check came really late (finally got it today!) so I started a Chip-in to get me by and let anyone who donated $10 or more pick 3 videos as a thank you. Do you feel this is breaking that rule? I wasn't straight up asking for moeny, but offering goods in return. And I still did my countdown and group/private shows. It's not as if i just sat there and cried for help.

Yeah, I have no problem with what you describe. But a surprise like I had was over the line.

LadyBakes said:

Allow me to say something that's been said in some form 984 times (give or take a few) on these forums.

Chip-In is owned by Paypal. Paypal will cancel accounts that it sees as being used for adult-related purposes. Therefore you are technically breaking that rule, but that's not the most important thing for you to worry about. So get that Chip-In money out of there NOW.

As for Nordling's thing- that's bullshit. Report her to MFC admins for asking for money to given to her offsite and for effectively ruining your private show like that.

Nordling said:

Begging under the guise of camming is gross. It is disrespectful to the member and to other camgirls who choose to make their earnings based on what they have to OFFER. A lot of men have trouble saying no to women. So, panhandling in this kind of setting is just wrong. I'm pretty sure no one comes to MFC looking to be made to feel awkward. Also using time that someone is paying a high price for to ask for more is unbelievable!

I think it's okay to express need or financial goals in PUBLIC chat, but that needs to be done in a way that doesn't bring the room down or seem desperate.

Mikeythegeek said:
Allow me to say something that's been said in some form 984 times (give or take a few) on these forums.

Chip-In is owned by Paypal. Paypal will cancel accounts that it sees as being used for adult-related purposes. Therefore you are technically breaking that rule, but that's not the most important thing for you to worry about. So get that Chip-In money out of there NOW.

As for Nordling's thing- that's bullshit. Report her to MFC admins for asking for money to given to her offsite and for effectively ruining your private show like that.

Yes, I know. I only use it for small amounts and usually spend the money very quickly. I don't do Skype shows and no longer post Chip-ins on my profile but promote them on Twitter instead.

Thanks for the warning/concern, though.

LadyBakes said:
Mikeythegeek said:

Yes, I know. I only use it for small amounts and usually spend the money very quickly. I don't do Skype shows and no longer post Chip-ins on my profile but promote them on Twitter instead.

Thanks for the warning/concern, though.

Not only that but if they close your chip-in, they'll also close your paypal - which can be a real hassle, it's not quite as simple as just opening another one, you'd have to have all different bank accounts, credit cards etc.

Nordling said:

Holy shit I wouldn't call that a pet peeve i'd call that a guarantee to never go into that models room ever again much less talk to her.

SweepTheLeg said:
Nordling said:

Holy shit I wouldn't call that a pet peeve i'd call that a guarantee to never go into that models room ever again much less talk to her.
Agree. And that's exactly what I plan to do.

Felicity said:
I absolutely absolutely can't stand it when I'm trying to perv on the ladies, and I go to their profile and click on their picture and it's too huge to load properly. Models need to resize their photos before putting them up!!

I like BIG profile pics. The bigger, the better. If you wait awhile they automatically downsize to fill the browser screen but are big enough to display beautifully on a big screen monitor

Reactions: JustLooking
Here is a somewhat recent experience that has annoyed me and will now forever be a pet peeve

- model spending most of her time talking to basics and guests in her room, while pretty much ignoring the premiums who tip in her room. Then later, complaining about how in general she gets hardly any tips and has a low cam score.

Even chatted with a couple of her regulars about this yesterday and they both agreed it was a somewhat normal thing of late and that they were probably going to bail on her. From what I saw all the premiums were cool, not douches, but she just kept talking to the basics that she thought were hot or had big dicks (apparently they sent her pics of themselves and their dicks). Even pleaded with one to get a his webcam set up so she could just skype with him for free.

My thoughts - Stickam is that way ------------->

Or, do whatever, but don't complain about lack of tips when you aren't acknowledging your tipping premiums, or any premiums really for that matter.

This happened to me just a couple of days ago:

I am in a model's room that has maybe 300 or no people in it. She is topless and dancing and nobody is tipping. Feeling bad for her, I tip her 20 tokens. She immediately types: "20 tokens? That's all?"

I immediately left.

ComicOzzie said:
...She immediately types: "20 tokens? That's all?"

That's along the same vein as one of my pet peeves, models with a minimum tip setting. Setting any tip limit makes no sense to me, but I can see maybe setting it to 5 or 10 tokens if you're doing countdowns regularly and don't want to deal with tracking the single digit tips, but I've run into a few that have it set to 50 or 100. WTF? If I try to tip 20 or 25 and get message that it's below the tip minimum I just leave the room, I don't increase my tip amount.

Yeah, I know there are still a few mis-informed models out there that insist that small tips hurt their cam score, but I don't think that's the motivation for most of those setting tip limits.

SZIA said:
Felicity said:
I absolutely absolutely can't stand it when I'm trying to perv on the ladies, and I go to their profile and click on their picture and it's too huge to load properly. Models need to resize their photos before putting them up!!

I like BIG profile pics. The bigger, the better. If you wait awhile they automatically downsize to fill the browser screen but are big enough to display beautifully on a big screen monitor

I agree Felicity, I'm not looking for a picture to jerk off over in high-rez glory I just want to see what it is.

I think Szia knows what my pet peeve is, along with many other models and members here.

I wish models would update their profile every day if they were going to be on or not. I know profiles can have schedules, but most models don't really keep to that.

For obvious reasons, some members can't follow you on twitter, facebook, etc. I'd really like it if I could go to your profile and see something like "I'll be on today at 3 EST" or "Sorry, won't be on till Tuesday"

Reactions: spankamber
NickT said:
I wish models would update their profile every day if they were going to be on or not. I know profiles can have schedules, but most models don't really keep to that.

For obvious reasons, some members can't follow you on twitter, facebook, etc. I'd really like it if I could go to your profile and see something like "I'll be on today at 3 EST" or "Sorry, won't be on till Tuesday"

you can check someones twitter without having a twitter yourself as long as it's not locked.
We also have the newsfeed option that let's us do the same thing, but on MFC. Have you checked that out yet?

I am guilty of the big pic problem. Most all my photos are high resolution and are pretty big. I want to go through and resize them all but that would take a week! I wish I had known they would show up so big when I first uploaded hundreds of them! Sigh. When I first started on MFC I used internet explorer which actually does a little popup window enlarged picture that is smaller than is you actually click it. This doesn't work on chrome so well.

I have to add to the minimum tip peeve. I perved one night wanting to take a new girl private. I found a really hot new model and wanted to make sure she was ok with me taking her private before I sent the request. She didn't take PMs. I asked if I could pm her about a private and she charged 50 tokens for friends (normal) but I didn't want to spend almost a minute of private to just ask. Obviously this is not the kind of thing I wanted to discuss in public. So I tried to tip her 10 tokens with a tip note... minimum tip set to 50! At that point I was so frustrated just TRYING to take her private that I wasn't even horny anymore! She apparently has been camming two years on other sites, but she is going to fail at MFC. I got frustrated and she lost out on an easy 900 tokens. All because of a minimum tip setting.

Reactions: RedHerby1
You guys have no idea how hard I am reading this thread, LOL!

I resized ALL of my pictures and then a reg said that resizing them made the quality shit and even sent me screen caps showing the difference. So now I leave 'em huge. :( Maybe I can adjust my cam settings for smaller pics so I don't have to resize.

Min tips = nothx. It's not so bad if it's 20 or something, but...I would hate to miss out on a rain of 5 or something. I just can't do the minimum tip thing, personally.

I can't add to the pet peeves because I don't have a prem acct yet :( So, my peeves are moot until I'm breaking off a piece of my candy.

ComicOzzie said:
This happened to me just a couple of days ago:

I am in a model's room that has maybe 300 or no people in it. She is topless and dancing and nobody is tipping. Feeling bad for her, I tip her 20 tokens. She immediately types: "20 tokens? That's all?"

I immediately left.

Some nerve, mang. :roll:

Yeah I went to give a model 50 just as an appreciation tip (she wasn't even doing "anything") and it said minimum was 100.

So I said "ahh I just tried to tip you 50 and it wouldn't let me :("

She responded "you can't afford 100?"

I thought, but didn't say "sure I can, but now I specifically don't feel like spending it on you" and left. I'd rather spend em on someone who appreciates it.

I don't even understand the minimum tip thing, if someone wants to throw money at you why does it matter what the denomination is? Is it supposed to guilt the members into tipping the minimum amount or more? Because it has the exact opposite psychological reaction on me - I don't like feeling "compelled" to tip, I do it because I want to give a gift (I almost never make a request or expect anything) and if I'm told the gift isn't enough well...I no longer feel like giving it.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
:text-yeahthat: The only minimum token requirement that makes sense to me is when models set a reasonable minimum for private sessions. Otherwise, they are losing out on all the smaller token tips which add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.