AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Member spending patterns/ strategies

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Troll

Deactivated Account
May 15, 2014
Far away
Any members of cam sites care to share why they spend the way they do? (selfish or unselfish)
New models?
Old Friends?
Models you want but are being difficult to enjoy?
'Grooming' strategies to get what you want?
Gifts, treats, and surprises?
Perhaps revenge on models you don't like?
Rescues?

For models, ever feel at times you are losing the cam game to someone especially charming?

Might do the revenge spending 1st :shhh: . This will sound so mean, but am posting it here for models to read.
My favourite is to take the model pvt, just long enough for the room to empty, and for her to look like she is using me. You always make sure she does nothing for spys, and not coming back to the room after adds to the impression.
Yes she profits from me, but it is bad for her reputation with others and throws her off her rhythm.

Another good revenge tactic is to let her attack you over 'nothing' in front of her room. Works well in combination.

Never upset a model enough to cry or create too much drama. Most models have white knights and drama is success too often.

A mistimed tip and tip note if you are banned can be super effective (keep tip note message unexpected).

Revenge if you feel you must should be targetted at earnings. Going too far for me is releasing pvt information, attacks on looks, and threats of all kinds.
btw Have seen blackmail used against models, luckily the guy ended up in jail for it. The effect is heartbreaking on the models, having said that all I know kept working and doing ok longer term. Going too far makes others fight back, how cool is that.

I don't think people will question your name anymore.

Or the reasons you were banned from the forum before.

AmberCutie said:
I don't think people will question your name anymore.

Or the reasons you were banned from the forum before.

Perhaps gifts and treats would have been a far more apealing start to post, but was feeling mean... sorry AL.
I am genuinely interested in this topic and it is an important one to be discussed. I am not expecting too many honest responses, but worth a shot. My topics will never be easy, my promise to you and your forum.

Treats
Love the anonymous tip from lounge, adds that one dimension more of anonymous while still letting you catch the reaction.

Take someone pvt to end their time on or to begin it. Waking your favourite model, or asking her to dress for bed at least once I highly recommend.
Try a just chat or something different with models you usually just be with for your pleasure (know it is obvious, but no less real as a treat).

Real support for a model in her room. Just match tips for a while, keep the conversation moving, tell your favourite honestly why she is (esp. in shows), make your 500 tokens plus or minus count for her.

I think all treats from member to model tend to come down to time taken and consideration as a general rule. Treat a woman you like as you know she deserves. Perhaps a few spanks if she deserves naughty :) .

Ambers Troll said:
Yes she profits from me, but it is bad for her reputation with others and throws her off her rhythm.

Is that what you tell yourself? I'd just assume you came in your pants and left out of embarrassment.

There's nothing wrong with a little premature ejaculation, AT. And it's certainly not a reason to take revenge on all those girls.

I feel bad for laughing but Jebus wept :shock:

I say this not to be a dick, but because for all I know you're actually a really nice person and it might genuinely be of help to you... have you considered seeking psychiatric help? Your posts (if not expert level trolling) don't read like the posts of a mentally sound individual. Speaking to a therapist about whatever it is that's led to you posting the thoughts that you're posting might prove beneficial, ya know? :twocents-02cents:

TokenGesture said:
Ambers Troll said:
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the rescue stories. Should be exciting and really heart-warming.

show cat on tree bb

JerryBoBerry said:
Ambers Troll said:
My topics will never be easy, my promise to you and your forum.

Actually it was really easy. I got bored from reading so much nonsense so I just stopped. Real easy.
PROTIP.......People need to read what they've typed BEFORE they press "enter", especially "trolls". :twocents-02cents:

TokenGesture said:
Ambers Troll said:
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the rescue stories. Should be exciting and really heart-warming.
Rescue spending is heartwarming, most members would have done that. Think a few models have made it their stock and trade to be rescued :violin: , but we usually see through that as members.
Financial or emotional recues can lead to better friendship/ connection. As an example took a long term model pvt once as a rescue. She was eating on cam, someone called her fat at the wrong moment, she got upset. Not sharing too much detail, in pvt she was angry with herself letting that get to her, and was able to vent that with me. Empathy has its reward in getting to see someone for themselves usually.

Ambers Troll said:
TokenGesture said:
Ambers Troll said:
Rescue spending is heartwarming, most members would have done that. Think a few models have made it their stock and trade to be rescued :violin: , but we usually see through that as members.
Financial or emotional recues can lead to better friendship/ connection. As an example took a long term model pvt once as a rescue. She was eating on cam, someone called her fat at the wrong moment, she got upset. Not sharing too much detail, in pvt she was angry with herself letting that get to her, and was able to vent that with me. Empathy has its reward in getting to see someone for themselves usually.

Honestly your posts have to be some of the stupidest stuff I have seen on the net in a long time. specifically "throwing her off her game" why would you even spend your money on something like that, I doubt the girl even cares. I'm pretty sure your little strategies and games only exist in your head, maybe try and get out of the house once in awhile.

Ambers Troll said:
Any members of cam sites care to share why they spend the way they do? (selfish or unselfish)
For models, ever feel at times you are losing the cam game to someone especially charming?

What I am finding most interesting about posing these questions, is that no one is brave enough to answer.
Whatever you say will be judged, and most likely harshly. Unselfish spending will be labelled crazy/ foolish, selfish spending labelled as cruel or as exploitation. Even those who spend only on whatever is available could be fairly labelled boring/ spineless/ sheep.
This topic was not to meant to label anyone. Those who viewed it were probably as genuinely curious as I was.
The truth is that to some degree members spend recklessly (sometimes under influence/ seduction), as much as deliberately.

Members admitting that they spend on new models for their honest reaction wont lose long term model friends. A model admitting that she reduces targets for certain members, wont lose respect or customers either. But neither will admit such things if they fear the label.

Ambers Troll said:
Ambers Troll said:

What I am finding most interesting about posing these questions, is that no one is brave enough to answer.
Whatever you say will be judged, and most likely harshly. Unselfish spending will be labelled crazy/ foolish, selfish spending labelled as cruel or as exploitation. Even those who spend only on whatever is available could be fairly labelled boring/ spineless/ sheep.
This topic was not to meant to label anyone. Those who viewed it were probably as genuinely curious as I was.
The truth is that to some degree members spend recklessly (sometimes under influence/ seduction), as much as deliberately.

Members admitting that they spend on new models for their honest reaction wont lose long term model friends. A model admitting that she reduces targets for certain members, wont lose respect or customers either. But neither will admit such things if they fear the label.
Brave? I doubt that. I'm guessing they simply didn't find the question interesting enough to respond to.

Nordling said:
Ambers Troll said:
Ambers Troll said:

Brave? I doubt that. I'm guessing they simply didn't find the question interesting enough to respond to.

Or found the OP to be absolutely insane...

SexyStephXS said:
Nordling said:
Ambers Troll said:
Ambers Troll said:

Or found the OP to be absolutely insane...
:thumbleft:

Ambers Troll said:
Ambers Troll said:

You kinda derailed your own thread with your second post before it ever had a chance to get going and now this thread is no longer about how/why members tip but more about you sounding a little unhinged :twocents-02cents:

For the record, I tip what I can afford to, which at the moment for reasons I won't bore y'all with isn't as much as I'd like to be tipping. That said, I'll never be a mega-tip-bomber, as I just can't justify spending crazy amounts of money on what is essentially a luxury, especially when the models I'd be tipping are generally earning much more than I am. I don't judge those who do drop the thousand dollar tip bombs though.

I like to tip at least 100 tokens for every ten minutes I'm in the models room. Doesn't matter if she is new or old,high camscore or low. I can't stomach public chat for very long tho and usually spend about 20 minutes in a few rooms and then get a private show. I'll tip somewhat big after the show as a thank you unless the model was typing to other people, stalling, repeating stupid questions,etc. Oh and a quote "The sweetest revenge is living well, Darius Rucker said it so you know it's real"

mynameisbob84 said:
Ambers Troll said:
Ambers Troll said:

You kinda derailed your own thread with your second post before it ever had a chance to get going and now this thread is no longer about how/why members tip but more about you sounding a little unhinged :twocents-02cents:

For the record, I tip what I can afford to, which at the moment for reasons I won't bore y'all with isn't as much as I'd like to be tipping. That said, I'll never be a mega-tip-bomber, as I just can't justify spending crazy amounts of money on what is essentially a luxury, especially when the models I'd be tipping are generally earning much more than I am. I don't judge those who do drop the thousand dollar tip bombs though.

funny, when i spend money on a luxury - including performers, the last thing i'm thinking about is how much they earn. How much I'm entertained or how well they provided their service is my only consideration (and of course, how much I can afford)

Can you explain why that's relevant? I'm lost.

Miss_Lollipop said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Ambers Troll said:
Ambers Troll said:

funny, when i spend money on a luxury - including performers, the last thing i'm thinking about is how much they earn. How much I'm entertained or how well they provided their service is my only consideration (and of course, how much I can afford)

Bob also happens to be talking about mega-tipping. From what I've seen of the dude on MFC, he isn't afraid to tip a model in general that makes more than him. Just not mega-tips. In my case, I don't care how much you make. You'll probably never see a mega-tip from me. I almost always regret spending that much in one go, no matter the reason. So, I can sorta get behind what Bob is sayin'. Is that a popular opinion? Nope, and it doesn't need to be.

Miss_Lollipop said:
[...]

I think it's relevant when the tip is more of a gift rather than a payment for services. I don't mind paying somebody who makes *much* more than me, but I'm probably less likely to give them a lavish gift.

DuoShi said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Ambers Troll said:
Ambers Troll said:

Bob also happens to be talking about mega-tipping. From what I've seen of the dude on MFC, he isn't afraid to tip a model in general that makes more than him. Just not mega-tips. In my case, I don't care how much you make. You'll probably never see a mega-tip from me. I almost always regret spending that much in one go, no matter the reason. So, I can sorta get behind what Bob is sayin'. Is that a popular opinion? Nope, and it doesn't need to be.

Yep. Just the mega-tips I'm referring to. I don't let a model's placing on the homepage effect whether or not I'll tip her and I won't tip a high camscore model any less or any more than I would a lower camscore model. If I'm being entertained by a model, then I feel I should be contributing at least something for her efforts and it matters not if she's earning more money than I am. But mega-tips fall into a different category for me.

In order for me to tip say, 10,000 tokens, I'm gonna have to justify to myself that tipping that model that amount is more important than paying off a chunk of my student loan, or paying off a credit card, or using that money for bills, or saving that money for a time when I'm inevitably gonna be short of cash. Given that I can't just buy that many tokens on a whim, I'd have to re-budget for the month, sacrifice nights out, not go to the cinema, skimp on groceries, not buy any games or Blu-Rays or books or take-aways, not tip any other models, and seeing as I don't log onto MFC if I don't have any tokens, I'd likely have to just not log on that month at all outside of logging on to drop that one mega-tip. So it's already very hard for me personally to justify that kind of expenditure, and knowing that in all likelihood, I need that money much, much more than any successful cam girl does, that just makes it even harder.

It's all relative though. If I was a millionaire, then tipping 10,000 or even 100,000 tokens would be no biggie. :twocents-02cents:

bob had the balls to answer honestly in this already slightly messed up thread, and his response is getting picked apart immediately hehehe. sorry Miss Lollipop, I get where you're coming from! totally! but to me, it doesn't seem really encouraging to other members to open up. (I am personally quite curious what drives someone to tip and what amounts)

Fay_Galore said:
bob had the balls to answer honestly in this already slightly messed up thread, and his response is getting picked apart immediately hehehe. sorry Miss Lollipop, I get where you're coming from! totally! but to me, it doesn't seem really encouraging to other members to open up. (I am personally quite curious what drives someone to tip and what amounts)

I wasn't picking him apart, just honestly curious as to where he was coming from. :) He explained it further, and I appreciated that. He's free to tip as he likes... i just couldn't wrap my head around the reasoning and i have a better understanding of it now.

mynameisbob84 said:
Yep. Just the mega-tips I'm referring to. I don't let a model's placing on the homepage effect whether or not I'll tip her and I won't tip a high camscore model any less or any more than I would a lower camscore model. If I'm being entertained by a model, then I feel I should be contributing at least something for her efforts and it matters not if she's earning more money than I am. But mega-tips fall into a different category for me.

In order for me to tip say, 10,000 tokens, I'm gonna have to justify to myself that tipping that model that amount is more important than paying off a chunk of my student loan, or paying off a credit card, or using that money for bills, or saving that money for a time when I'm inevitably gonna be short of cash. Given that I can't just buy that many tokens on a whim, I'd have to re-budget for the month, sacrifice nights out, not go to the cinema, skimp on groceries, not buy any games or Blu-Rays or books or take-aways, not tip any other models, and seeing as I don't log onto MFC if I don't have any tokens, I'd likely have to just not log on that month at all outside of logging on to drop that one mega-tip. So it's already very hard for me personally to justify that kind of expenditure, and knowing that in all likelihood, I need that money much, much more than any successful cam girl does, that just makes it even harder.

It's all relative though. If I was a millionaire, then tipping 10,000 or even 100,000 tokens would be no biggie. :twocents-02cents:

Thanks that is a lot easier for me to wrap my head around. :)

triple post for the win!

When I tip as a member:
I tip models who i like as people, or am attracted to.
I enjoy making them a part of a social environment in the room - though sometimes I'll make them little 'secret' ninja tips to girls I have crushes on.

I like to liven up quieter rooms rather than jumping on a bandwagon when everyone is tipping.

If i'm trying to liven up a quieter room for her i will split my tips into 10s/50s etc that will encourage activity.

I try to write tip notes to make her smile/laugh.
I tip to be social, brighten someones day - rather than for sexual reasons. Though I do buy vids sometimes :)

I've also tipped *larger* (like 2000-5000) amounts as thank you/gifts to good friends that needed them.

When tipping I don't consider how much she makes necessarily, but I do tip friends
who I know 'need' it simply because of that sometimes - or buy things from wishlists. It generally tends to be things like lights, webcams, equipment or things for their dogs.

When I buy a pack of tokens its gone in a day maybe 2 .. and i'm done for the month> i have no self control. We do have a token budget in our house.

I have never in my life tipped with any intention of being mean or doing something nasty to a model. Those models that I have any issue with I stick on iggy and avoid them. I don't need that kind of negativity and it poisons my time on mfc if i let myself dwell on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.