AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I don't know how insurance works down there either, but a lot of people will have lost a lot. I don't know how regulated the insurance companies are in Florida, hopefully there aren't a lot of loopholes, and "outs" enabled for them? I'm sure there will be people who have lost all of their material possessions, and things they've worked for, for years and years.

Insurance had already been a problem here. It’s likely to get worse now. Many insurers already pulled out of FL. Others have very high rates, which may go up again now (if they don’t just leave FL). It’s insanity.

Insurance had already been a problem here. It’s likely to get worse now. Many insurers already pulled out of FL. Others have very high rates, which may go up again now (if they don’t just leave FL). It’s insanity.
Did you read about William Fulford, the guy who stayed in his hurricane proof house? Retired construction guy. It was an interesting, informative read. It's in Business Insider, if you are interested.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smoothie
Did you read about William Fulford, the guy who stayed in his hurricane proof house? Retired construction guy. It was an interesting, informative read. It's in Business Insider, if you are interested.

Nice, I’ll check it out.

In general though, as long as you’re not in danger of surge or flooding, there are a lot of buildings capable of withstanding the winds and precipitation up to like a Cat 4. That’s why they often say the coastal residents don’t necessarily need to evacuate far. Just get inland, and get inside a big sturdy building. A lot of newer homes in FL are built to those specs.

But the surge is a gigantic threat to coastal towns. All you can really do is get out of its way.

Nice, I’ll check it out.

In general though, as long as you’re not in danger of surge or flooding, there are a lot of buildings capable of withstanding the winds and precipitation up to like a Cat 4. That’s why they often say the coastal residents don’t necessarily need to evacuate far. Just get inland, and get inside a big sturdy building. A lot of newer homes in FL are built to those specs.

But the surge is a gigantic threat to coastal towns. All you can really do is get out of its way.
Thanks for sharing. I find this topic interesting.
I live in an area where we have all been investing huge amounts of money into getting existing structures up to code, for the strong possibility of a massive earthquake.
Even at schools now, they are having us make up emergency earthquake kits for our kids, and at home.
So stressful times.

Although likely earthquake preparedness, and structural integrity looking toward earthquakes, is probably very different from hurricane and tornado preparedness.
It's a scary time to be living through.

Reactions: Smoothie
Thanks for sharing. I find this topic interesting.
I live in an area where we have all been investing huge amounts of money into getting existing structures up to code, for the strong possibility of a massive earthquake.
Even at schools now, they are having us make up emergency earthquake kits for our kids, and at home.
So stressful times.

Although likely earthquake preparedness, and structural integrity looking toward earthquakes, is probably very different from hurricane and tornado preparedness.
It's a scary time to be living through.

Earthquake prep seems quite stressful too. Other than having a good idea which areas are prone, is it difficult to predict when one is imminent?

Out of the various natural disasters, that’s one helpful thing. They’re very good at forecasting hurricanes these days. So at least you get a few days’ heads-up before it happens. Not sure that’s even possible with earthquakes, is it?

Earthquake prep seems quite stressful too. Other than having a good idea which areas are prone, is it difficult to predict when one is imminent?

Out of the various natural disasters, that’s one helpful thing. They’re very good at forecasting hurricanes these days. So at least you get a few days’ heads-up before it happens. Not sure that’s even possible with earthquakes, is it?
Kind of, but not in such an immediate and reliable way.

I'm specifically interested in the Cascadia Subduction zone. It's overdue for very big one. I've been studying the frequency of them over the course of the past 10, 000 years. I mean obviously, not personally, I'm only 43 😆 The only thing I can really gather for sure is it appears to be overdue. It looks like, in general, when it happens it is often 2 coming very close together. So it's possible there could be a richter 6 first, but just as often a 9 comes first, followed by a 6 or 7.

So no. There will be shaking, then 15 minutes later a giant tidal wave/ tsunami.
They say anywhere from 30 to 100 feet.
15 minutes warning.
I'm not super scared of the water, as much as the building, roadway and bridges being affected by a long, intense shake.
Experts are saying "everything west of I5 will be toast".

10 - 15 years ago I studied it, and not a whole lot of proactive preparation seemed to be going on. Since that time there's been a whole university seismology/ geology team of experts devoted to studying it, and they've done some really interesting studies.
However, the results appear to have increased the imminence and need for prep, not decreased it.
Hence, all the money is getting funneled into preparation, and we are all starting to prepare earthquake kits for a big one.

Last time it happened Jan 26th 1700 AD at around 9pm. It's about a (realistic) mean of anywhere from 246 - 324 years between them.
Some sources say up to about 500, but as I've looked into it deeper, that doesn't seem to be a very realistic mean.
Especially if you look at the patterns the last 10,000 years.

I'm still in the process of learning more about rumblings and predictability. Some of what I'm learning is saying that rumblings actually aren't a good indicator, because they kind of let steam out of the pot. Whereas silence, and no rumblings, is more of a predictor of something coming; more pressure building up. I've barely scratched the surface so far though (lol no pun intended there). I'm doing a total deep dive on this, so more will be revealed.

Omg sorry for the book.

Reactions: Smoothie and Ozzie_
Thank the gods for fast internet.

I’ve been very impatiently waiting to play the Silent Hill 2 remake. Been out of town, so I wasn’t home when it got released and my PS5 was off so I couldn’t do a remote download, but my plan was to play all night tonight.

Was looking at 4 hours to download it when connected to WiFi. Hardwired my PS5 to my modem and it downloaded all 50gb before I could even finish smoking a cigarette. Yay! It’s spooky time!

I honestly feel like this is one of the most understandable and easiest mental thinking traps to fall into as a cam model. Yet, also at the same time, one of the most destructive. Next month is my ten year anniversary, and I still catch myself falling in to it at times too. Moreso the last year, than any other year really tbh.

But it really is a harmful cognitive distortion, that can straight up destroy your motivation and earnings, as well as just your joy in your job. So I'm really happy to read that not only have you recognized it for what it is, but you've also problem solved a more grounded and accurate reframe. That's definitely a thought pattern none of us want to slip in to, or stay stuck in. It's such a sneaky little pitfall. I feel like it's the wolf kinda hiding in the bushes all the time, waiting to fuck with every one of us. But it really isn't accurate to internalize poor economy and just slower traffic all around. It's not only our industry. This last year people I know across the board, have all been stressing, picking up side gigs etc.

Of course the way "some" sites themselves are reacting to it, and making changes, is unwise and makes it worse. But I won't name any names or go there out here in the public chat.
I appreciate your eloquence! I had to just accept and revamp my cam model business and I guess I do have SM to thank for that. They still shouldn’t be doing what they’re doing, but it motivated me to start from scratch and do things differently.

I also have another suggestion, since this job messes with our adrenals…I started doing a nervous system reset breathwork on YouTube:

But I don’t do the whole video, I just do the 8 count breaths over and over again. When she goes into the 4 count I restart it to the 8 count and I do that around 7 times in a row. It’s been the most effective tool for putting the body and mind into deep relaxation and activating the parasympathetic state that lasts for hours afterwards, maybe even the whole day. I hope this helps someone!

When those tips go off on token sites our adrenals are firing and dopamine spikes up higher than being on social media. It’s not normal, even though it’s great to get tipped 50$ or 100$ at once-and on token sites that’s AFTER the cut-but the price to pay is a rush of dopamine that drops way below baseline after work….even though I’m not fucking myself like on SM, it’s a lot more mental and spiritual energy to give in return. I’m grateful for the financial gain and it’s fun. But I never expected my sleep to be interrupted due to those bells going off from high tips while hosting a party as an introvert. This video balances everything out.

LOL, why does it matter how much noise I make while my hair color develops? 😆 😆 😆

Attachments

• IMG_20241016_132111235.jpg
    IMG_20241016_132111235.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10