AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Yep. Once of the points I wanted time to think about was how some people describe themselves as having altruistic interests. But even if such a thing truly exists, doing something selflessly doesn't mean that you don't get an emotional response from either doing it, or from the outcome of doing it.
Yeah I think about that a lot. It makes them feel good to be selfless, so therefor it isn't really truly selfless... I don't believe much is tbh
I don't think we are built, as humans, for true selflessness.
In very many situations anyways, other than perhaps w our offspring.
I'm bias on that though.
That's my world view; I don't believe anyone truly does anything they don't get some kind of pay off from, whether tangible or not. Often it's just neurochemicals, but it's still a pay off.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Clocks here went forward one hour at 02:00am to start daylight savings.
I really hate how DST messes with my everything.
Need more coffee...... ugh
Flag Pirate GIF
Could always move to a state that does not have it ;)

• Funny!
Reactions: rockin_rod
You made me just rush to google to make sure I wasn't forgetting our time change this weekend... whew! We have a month/ish left :D

Not gonna lie. I’m kinda looking forward to setting the clocks back an hour. It’s been an exhausting few months. That extra hour of sleep will be well received.

Not gonna lie. I’m kinda looking forward to setting the clocks back an hour. It’s been an exhausting few months. That extra hour of sleep will be well received.
I do appreciate the extra hour at this time of year. Unfortunately the Spring forward and losing an hour of sleep always comes right around my birthday week, that one really chaps my hide!

Kinda am looking forward to this one as well, just didn't plan for it yet :D

Reactions: Smoothie
This is so random but on Reddit I noticed there are so many threads from new models as well as other models complaining about low traffic. The two hurricanes hitting Florida doesn’t help and I think people forget that natural disasters slow traffic way down. I’m just thinking out loud here and sending prayers to the east coast of US🙏
I’m also a little annoyed as to how many new girls there are and them asking for advice…like I’m talking a huge amount have seemed to join over the passed three weeks. How do you all feel about this?

• Hugs
Reactions: Olive and Brit
Why is it annoying that a lot of new girls have joined? Is it that everybody thinks that now we have to split less traffic among more people? If so I've never thought about it that way. But I have heard lots of other models talking that way.

I am more concerned about climate change and world wars and how they affect spending, and the world economy. As well as the outcome of the election. In my mind that is the real threat to things getting quieter versus busier. New models joining is always a thing, most don't last.

Or is it annoying because they are reaching out for a lot of help, and it's burning out the people who are already trying to deal with working their asses off, and are now stressing about new girls problems, on top of their own? If that is the case yeah boundaries are really important. And not getting sucked too far into other people's anxieties, and abilities to manage this as a career. Because eventually there are some people who will not be suited to it, and will have to leave.

I'm really worried about Florida. That is my main concern right now. And climate change in general. January 2024 we hit the 324 year mark since the last big cascadia subduction zone rupture. But as far as Florida goes; how to best be of help and support to people in Florida when it hits tonight, and during the aftermath. I can't fly there to help myself. But hopefully there will be trustworthy organizations that I can at least donate to, or try to send to to help support during the aftermath. And of course make the correct vote that supports policies that address climate change. Which is something that we can all do.

Last edited:
Why is it annoying that a lot of new girls have joined?
I, obviously, don't know how other sites deal with new models joining their sites but on Chaturbate, as you know, they get a new tag on their video feed and there's a link at the bottom of the site ( https://chaturbate.com/new-cams/ ) that pulls up every new model and thousands upon thousands of viewers stalk that link in order to try to be the first to influence their shows with all of their silly bullshit suggestions and rule breaking nonsense. When you've got 5, 6, or 20 new people on the site and they are broadcasting at the same time then traffic is concentrated in those few rooms and they're boosted to the top. But that only lasts for so many hours. Still, if a model is in a tight spot, it can be devastating to earnings.

Why is it annoying that a lot of new girls have joined? Is it that everybody thinks that now we have to split less traffic among more people? If so I've never thought about it that way. But I have heard lots of other models talking that way.

I am more concerned about climate change and world wars and how they affect spending, and the world economy. As well as the outcome of the election. In my mind that is the real threat to things getting quieter versus busier. New models joining is always a thing, most don't last.

Or is it annoying because they are reaching out for a lot of help, and it's burning out the people who are already trying to deal with working their asses off, and are now stressing about new girls problems, on top of their own? If that is the case yeah boundaries are really important. And not getting sucked too far into other people's anxieties, and abilities to manage this as a career. Because eventually there are some people who will not be suited to it, and will have to leave.

I'm really worried about Florida. That is my main concern right now. And climate change in general. January 2024 we hit the 324 year mark since the last big cascadia subduction zone rupture. But as far as Florida goes; how to best be of help and support to people in Florida when it hits tonight, and during the aftermath. I can't fly there to help myself. But hopefully there will be trustworthy organizations that I can at least donate to, or try to send to to help support during the aftermath. And of course make the correct vote that supports policies that address climate change. Which is something that we can all do.
I didn’t mean to sound like I didn’t care about any of that and I notice people will respond to things that I didn’t say, assuming I must have not cared because I didn’t mention it rather than what I did say.

Of course I’m worried about that. It’s just been trending a lot on Reddit and there seems to be an influx of new models joining all at once right now. I’ve followed this thread for two years and have never seen so many of the same posts.

I, obviously, don't know how other sites deal with new models joining their sites but on Chaturbate, as you know, they get a new tag on their video feed and there's a link at the bottom of the site ( https://chaturbate.com/new-cams/ ) that pulls up every new model and thousands upon thousands of viewers stalk that link in order to try to be the first to influence their shows with all of their silly bullshit suggestions and rule breaking nonsense. When you've got 5, 6, or 20 new people on the site and they are broadcasting at the same time then traffic is concentrated in those few rooms and they're boosted to the top. But that only lasts for so many hours. Still, if a model is in a tight spot, it can be devastating to earnings.
Yeah there's been more new models on SM for a while. Yes, they get a short lived boost, which I also got and benefitted from when new. I've never found it to disrupt my earnings there, in any significant way. The people that flood the new models rooms aren't people I make much off of anyways. Maybe it's different on token sites, and maybe that's what she's talking about. I really don't know.

@SensualJade I genuinely don't really understand what you are specifically talking about about here. Like when you say " it" and "that", what you are talking about? I'm trying to find out though. What do you mean when you say respond to things you didn't say about "it"? I'm so lost. Are you talking about Florida, some aspect of new cam models joining the industry that I mentioned? I really have no clue, what either of your posts are specifically asking. Sounds like maybe Vixxen is getting something I'm not?

Last edited:
Yeah there's been more new models on SM for a while. Yes, they get a short lived boost, which I also got and benefitted from when new. I've never found it to disrupt my earnings there, in any significant way.

@SensualJade I genuinely don't really understand what you are specifically talking about about here. Like when you say " it", and what you are talking about? I'm trying to find out though. What do you mean when you say respond to things you didn't say about "it"? I'm so lost. Are you talking about Florida, some aspect of new cam models joining the industry that I mentioned? I really have no clue, what either of your posts are specifically asking. Sounds like maybe Vixxen is getting something I'm not?
Sorry. “It” meaning climate change, world wars and Florida.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Sorry. “It” meaning climate change, world wars and Florida.
Ah ok, thanks. I didn't think you didn't sound concerned about it. Quite the opposite.

I think this new model thing is going over my head. I'm getting the distinct feeling I'm missing something here. I mainly only stream live on SM, and the only other place I stream is MFC (where I stream roughly 1/6th of the amount time I stream on SM). Are you guys seeing a massive influx of new models on token sites recently, past the normal/ average amount? Is that what we are talking about here? On SM I have definitely noticed more. But not so many that it disrupts my earnings, any further than usual. My earnings have been disrupted all year this year though. But I'm 100% sure that it's not related to new models on SM.

I've been counting numbers of models online for a while though. And SM never seems to really grow that much. But I have noticed sites like strip chat used to only have like two or three thousand models online, and now they have like many more than twice that. That's more of a long-term growth I saw when covid hit, and since then though. Not only recently. Maybe that's what you guys are talking about. And in that case I have no thoughts about that, because I don't work those sites.

Last edited:
And TIL I learned SM doesn't have live thumbnails. It's the first time I've ever looked at that site. That may be the difference between the two results.
Ah ok, thanks. I didn't think you didn't sound concerned about it. Quite the opposite.

I think this new model thing is going over my head. I'm getting the distinct feeling I'm missing something here. I mainly only stream live on SM, and the only other place I stream is MFC (where I stream roughly 1/6th of the amount time I stream on SM). Are you guys seeing a massive influx of new models on token sites recently, past the normal/ average amount? Is that what we are talking about here? On SM I have definitely noticed more. But not so many that it disrupts my earnings, any further than usual. My earnings have been disrupted all year this year though. But I'm 100% sure that it's not related to new models on SM.

I've been counting numbers of models online for a while though. And SM never seems to really grow that much. But I have noticed sites like strip chat used to only have like two or three thousand models online and now they have like many more than twice that. That's more of a long-term growth I saw when covid hit and since then though. Not only recently. Maybe that's what you guys are talking about.
There three entire pages of new models on CB at this moment, which is a lot. New is always "fresh" and the guys can bully them, coerce them, tell them to do things against TOS because no one takes the time to read it before broadcasting first. It's that "new car" feel, I guess. Versus us established models who are usually hard and fast with their rules and aren't as malleable as a new model. In their eyes, that is. Not mine. Some new models are just models who decided to try a new site.

Usually when this many models pop up it's because a new studio opened and they have a helluva lot more pull on traffic and marketing than a new, independent model.

• Helpful!
And TIL I learned SM doesn't have live thumbnails. It's the first time I've ever looked at that site. That may be the difference between the two results.

There three entire pages of new models on CB at this moment, which is a lot. New is always "fresh" and the guys can bully them, coerce them, tell them to do things against TOS because no one takes the time to read it before broadcasting first. It's that "new car" feel, I guess. Versus us established models who are usually hard and fast with their rules and aren't as malleable as a new model. In their eyes, that is. Not mine. Some new models are just models who decided to try a new site.

Usually when this many models pop up it's because a new studio opened and they have a helluva lot more pull on traffic and marketing than a new, independent model.
Yeah the guys on SM do the same thing to new models, and did to me first year too. But I rarely see that in my room anymore. That crowd tend to leave my room super fast haha. I never make money off of them, to ever lose. The only time I did was year 1 and part of year 2 when my prices were way lower. They are a hell to deal with crowd, and I always feel for new models that are having to deal with that. They are rough.

Yeah the guys on SM do the same thing to new models, and did to me first year too. But I rarely see that in my room anymore. That crowd tend to leave my room super fast haha. I never make money off of them, to ever lose. The only time I did was year 1 and part of year 2 when my prices were way lower.
I occasionally get it or the high tipper who tries to make me bend to whatever the hell crazy schedule he has and I'm like I'm here between x and x and if you aren't, not my problem. I'm at no one's beck and call when it comes to my time.

I occasionally get it or the high tipper who tries to make me bend to whatever the hell crazy schedule he has and I'm like I'm here between x and x and if you aren't, not my problem. I'm at no one's beck and call when it comes to my time.
Yeah traditionally I never went after those high tippers that do that, but the last year I have had the misfortune of dealing with several of those types. Uuugh. The stuff nightmares are made of. In general I've noticed some of the lower spending and mid-tier guys are getting way more entitled too. Which is super annoying. That's gonna be relatively short lived though. I feel like a lot of that behavior is going to improve when the economy improves significantly, which I believe will start happening mid 2025. I could end up being wrong on that (economy), but I hope I'm not.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: SensualJade
Yeah traditionally I never went after those high tippers that do that, but the last year I have had the misfortune of dealing with several of those types. Uuugh. The stuff nightmares are made of. In general I've noticed some of the lower spending and mid-tier guys are getting way more entitled too. Which is super annoying. That's gonna be relatively short lived though. I feel like a lot of that behavior is going to improve when the economy improves significantly, which I believe will start happening mid 2025. I could be wrong on that, but I hope I'm not.
Depends on who is in "charge."

This is so random but on Reddit I noticed there are so many threads from new models as well as other models complaining about low traffic. The two hurricanes hitting Florida doesn’t help and I think people forget that natural disasters slow traffic way down. I’m just thinking out loud here and sending prayers to the east coast of US🙏
I’m also a little annoyed as to how many new girls there are and them asking for advice…like I’m talking a huge amount have seemed to join over the passed three weeks. How do you all feel about this?

I've also been reading those threads and the only ones that really annoy me are the ones where it's obvious they have done zero research and just hit the "start stream" button. My final straw was someone saying that they just realized that they had to pay taxes on their camming income and they didn't think that was right because they never paid taxes on their tips when they worked as a waitress...

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Since then, I've pretty much avoided reading those subreddits recently because it affects my mood too much. I really do try to not judge people, but I'm a planner and seeing posts where it appears that people just impulsively decided to do this job without putting in even a modicum amount of research annoys me so much. Don't even get me started on the threads about being banned because they couldn't be bothered to even skim the T&C. Like, girl, you can't just have your whole neighborhood on cam with you just because you got verified. Bless those of you here and on reddit who have the patience to kindly address the most simple and easily researched questions.

The low traffic threads are just bad vibes all around and I avoid them on reddit. Yes, this year has been...interesting...for many people, but there's no need to have like 10 new threads a day talking about literally the exact same thing. This is reason number 37 why forums will always be superior to places like reddit or discord. On a forum, all that can be confined to one thread and people can choose to engage with that one thread or not. On reddit, seeing multiple posts talking about the same thing just clogs your home feed. And like, whether we realize it or not, constantly reading negative shit does in fact make one feel more negatively than they did.

To be clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with venting and discussing low traffic/earnings. I think it's even healthy and can be super helpful sometimes. My issue is with multiple people making the exact same thread within hours or even minutes of each other. And really, I can't even fault those people for doing it because that's how reddit works - got something to say, start a new post. All those people should be on this forum instead imo. Reddit is a horrible substitute for long form discourse.

My final straw was someone saying that they just realized that they had to pay taxes on their camming income and they didn't think that was right because they never paid taxes on their tips when they worked as a waitress...

This is incredibly annoying. The way people think about tax stuff as it pertains to adult work in general annoys me.

Some of the stuff I’ve seen people say they’ve claim as a tax write off/deduction is wild.

I’ve also been sucked into discourse on Reddit over taxes. Mostly with non-sex workers who claim that cam models and content creators don’t pay taxes. Like…. What? Truly boggles my mind that people think that as a cammer or content creator all our income isn’t documented by the sites we work on and reported to the IRS.

Anyone here from Florida who has power, and time to share how things are doing?

Yeah traditionally I never went after those high tippers that do that, but the last year I have had the misfortune of dealing with several of those types. Uuugh. The stuff nightmares are made of. In general I've noticed some of the lower spending and mid-tier guys are getting way more entitled too. Which is super annoying. That's gonna be relatively short lived though. I feel like a lot of that behavior is going to improve when the economy improves significantly, which I believe will start happening mid 2025. I could end up being wrong on that (economy), but I hope I'm not.
You're always so comforting and smart!

• Hugs
You're always so comforting and smart!
Lol. I do a ton of reading online on what different people have to say. I didn't come up with that myself, but I've heard people in the financial sector (who appear to be solid and trustworthy say it), and it goes a long with a lot of the stuff, just the everyday people I know are experiencing (outside of sex work, economically). So it's a prediction I trust.

Just passing the news on in this instance. When you see me say things like "wow what a fragile fucking ball sack" or " wow, that guy's dick should flip a bitch and grow back up inside him" those are more likely to be Eli original comments, that I came up with myself hehe. Although I am getting into seismology these days, so who knows, maybe I'll be coming out with some amazing, original, comments about the earth's crust soon. .. we can only hope 🙏😆

I really feel for any models who have started the last 2 years. IDK if you are in that boat, but it's just been the toughest in so many ways. I really think it's gonna get a lot easier, going forward, this next year 🩷. The first 2 years are tougher, just as it is, and really test you. But having the last few years, be your first two is an insanely tough start!

Oh yeah; and thanks for the heads up on Reddit. I avoid it over there for the most part. Sounds like I'm not missing much. I've never liked it there, no matter how hard I've tried. I got into an argument over the anatomy of the vagina with 2 dudes, first time I ever went over there, 13 years ago. Ive never really gotten past that, although at one point I did try to like it again. Somewhere where men are going to argue with me about my own anatomy, I'll give a solid pass.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I really feel for any models who have started the last 2 years. IDK if you are in that boat, but it's just been the toughest in so many ways. I really think it's gonna get a lot easier, going forward, this next year 🩷. The first 2 years are tougher, just as it is, and really test you. But having the last few years, be your first two is an insanely tough start!
The Earth's crust lmao!

And yes I am in that boat actually because it's technically my first year only due to leaving SM so that doesn't count anymore. It will be a year on MFC and Stripchat this November, but I've only been using those sites consistently since March. I've been on Chaturbate since March as well.

I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't decided to multistream and add femdom/cuckold. It's been a game changer but lately it's slow everywhere. That used to bother me a lot and send me into a downward spiral. Now I just focus on hours goals and with a "who cares" attitude along with faith. I am a deep believer in God and placing all my worries on a higher power now. It's taken a lot of pressure off me.

• Hugs
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Brit and MarieElise
That used to bother me a lot and send me into a downward spiral.
I honestly feel like this is one of the most understandable and easiest mental thinking traps to fall into as a cam model. Yet, also at the same time, one of the most destructive. Next month is my ten year anniversary, and I still catch myself falling in to it at times too. Moreso the last year, than any other year really tbh.

But it really is a harmful cognitive distortion, that can straight up destroy your motivation and earnings, as well as just your joy in your job. So I'm really happy to read that not only have you recognized it for what it is, but you've also problem solved a more grounded and accurate reframe. That's definitely a thought pattern none of us want to slip in to, or stay stuck in. It's such a sneaky little pitfall. I feel like it's the wolf kinda hiding in the bushes all the time, waiting to fuck with every one of us. But it really isn't accurate to internalize poor economy and just slower traffic all around. It's not only our industry. This last year people I know across the board, have all been stressing, picking up side gigs etc.

Of course the way "some" sites themselves are reacting to it, and making changes, is unwise and makes it worse. But I won't name any names or go there out here in the public chat.

Last edited:
Anyone here from Florida who has power, and time to share how things are doing?

Floridian here. Physically safe, as are all of my family and friends. Immensely grateful for that.

Many of them have property damage. Many are still without power. But a few days ago, we were all but certain that a few of them would lose their homes to the hurricane. That did not happen to my immediate family or friends, but others in their communities weren’t as fortunate.

This week has been incredibly stressful. The anticipation, the news reports. Having to gather up your valuables and decide what to protect. Having to keep tabs on everyone you love, and in my case, talk sense into them when they were content not to evacuate (they did, but not until the last minute). Worrying non stop. Checking the cone and the spaghetti models every three hours hoping for better news. Waiting in gas lines.

And that was all before the storm even hit. Now comes a whole new set of hardships and things to worry about, ranging from when the power will come back, to where you’re going to live now. And even for those whose homes were unscathed this time, this experience is 100% scary enough that you’re still considering whether you ought to count your blessings and get out of the state before it happens again.

Floridians are used to hurricanes, but it’s still highly stressful and dangerous. I can only imagine how those in Western North Carolina felt. They live in an area that mostly shouldn’t have ever had to worry about a hurricane destroying their town. This climate is insane lately.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. But I’m fine, and so are my people, aside from some major stress and sleepless nights. I hope others here from the sunshine state are also doing well.

…and to tie this back to camming traffic, I can absolutely understand that a lot of cam site members from the southern part of the U.S. east coast might not be online for a bit. Even the ones that still have power and wifi, may be busy helping their neighbors or simply trying to regain their composure.

Floridian here. Physically safe, as are all of my family and friends. Immensely grateful for that.

Many of them have property damage. Many are still without power. But a few days ago, we were all but certain that a few of them would lose their homes to the hurricane. That did not happen to my immediate family or friends, but others in their communities weren’t as fortunate.

This week has been incredibly stressful. The anticipation, the news reports. Having to gather up your valuables and decide what to protect. Having to keep tabs on everyone you love, and in my case, talk sense into them when they were content not to evacuate (they did, but not until the last minute). Worrying non stop. Checking the cone and the spaghetti models every three hours hoping for better news. Waiting in gas lines.

And that was all before the storm even hit. Now comes a whole new set of hardships and things to worry about, ranging from when the power will come back, to where you’re going to live now. And even for those whose homes were unscathed this time, this experience is 100% scary enough that you’re still considering whether you ought to count your blessings and get out of the state before it happens again.

Floridians are used to hurricanes, but it’s still highly stressful and dangerous. I can only imagine how those in Western North Carolina felt. They live in an area that mostly shouldn’t have ever had to worry about a hurricane destroying their town. This climate is insane lately.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. But I’m fine, and so are my people, aside from some major stress and sleepless nights. I hope others here from the sunshine state are also doing well.

…and to tie this back to camming traffic, I can absolutely understand that a lot of cam site members from the southern part of the U.S. east coast might not be online for a bit. Even the ones that still have power and wifi, may be busy helping their neighbors or simply trying to regain their composure.
Glad you are fine. Not rambling, all interesting and important information. So sorry for everything you (and your friends and family) have been, and are still, no doubt, going through 🩷 very traumatic.

Last time I checked there were millions without power, so unless things improved a lot through today, a lot of people are probably still without it.

ETA: looks like 2 million still without it.

Last edited:
Glad you are fine. Not rambling, all interesting and important information. So sorry for everything you (and your friends and family) have been, and are still, no doubt, going through 🩷 very traumatic.

Last time I checked there were millions without power, so unless things improved a lot through today, a lot of people are probably still without it.

ETA: looks like 2 million still without it.

Thanks very much.

The things about the power outages is they probably can’t (or shouldn’t) restore power yet if the area is flooded. So many people will have to wait for the water to recede before that is even an option.

Thanks very much.

The things about the power outages is they probably can’t (or shouldn’t) restore power yet if the area is flooded. So many people will have to wait for the water to recede before that is even an option.
Yeah I was wondering about that too. And also about marine life coming in? Horrible. I can't even imagine the level of trauma and stress 🩷🩷

I don't know how insurance works down there either, but a lot of people will have lost a lot. I don't know how regulated the insurance companies are in Florida, hopefully there aren't a lot of loopholes, and "outs" enabled for them? I'm sure there will be people who have lost all of their material possessions, and things they've worked for, for years and years.