AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Walking Dead

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That scene would be better if the kid actually turned the gun. I think Carl got tired of being afraid and dealing with the aftermath of the "bad" people actions so he decided to be more pro active. In some way, Carl is slowly turning into a monster like The Gov.

FxgWbGY.jpg

I heard that the writers decided to not kill the Gov. off to avoid the "big villain of this season and this season only" cliché, and I think that is great because the TV series is really becoming this cool alternative universe, but this comic strip is right on.

AnaVictoriaXO said:
Why did carl kill that kid?

Im kind of happy Andrea is finally out of the show....never liked her :shifty:

I was MILDLY unsure of Carl's choice to kill the guy...until he gave that mind-blowing little speech to Rick. This is a nine year-old kid who has lot many of his loved ones, and the fact that his dad has shown too much restraint played no small part in his loss. Rick took entirely too long to address Shane, because he kept giving him chances, and it took nearly getting killed for him to come to his senses and kill the motherfucker. Multiple people missed their chances to kill the governor, and look what came of that. I'm not saying Carl couldn't have also spared the guy. It might have been fine. But I certainly don't think he's evil or psycho for passing the judgement he did. Given all the "let's try to negotiate"-related deaths, I don't see why it was so absurd for him to kill one of the people who came to attack his base.

AlainaFox said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:
Why did carl kill that kid?

Im kind of happy Andrea is finally out of the show....never liked her :shifty:

I was MILDLY unsure of Carl's choice to kill the guy...until he gave that mind-blowing little speech to Rick. This is a nine year-old kid who has lot many of his loved ones, and the fact that his dad has shown too much restraint played no small part in his loss. Rick took entirely too long to address Shane, because he kept giving him chances, and it took nearly getting killed for him to come to his senses and kill the motherfucker. Multiple people missed their chances to kill the governor, and look what came of that. I'm not saying Carl couldn't have also spared the guy. It might have been fine. But I certainly don't think he's evil or psycho for passing the judgement he did. Given all the "let's try to negotiate"-related deaths, I don't see why it was so absurd for him to kill one of the people who came to attack his base.

For me I think what they are doing with the Carl character is showing him (as another person posted) turning into a monster or at least having that path to go down. Carl is around 13ish by now? So it is also a comment on the choices and decisions we make as we grow up into adulthood. Carl has the choice to be kind and compassionate or he can turn into the Governor. I might not have worried so much about this character and his decision, once he explained his reasoning on killing the boy....after all the boy was older than him (so really to Carl was he a boy?), but what made me worry for Carl is when Rick brought the other "townies" to stay....Carl was pissed. His face and body language dictated that he thought Rick shouldn't have made that decision. I hope Rick is able to help Carl choose the correct path to follow.

I think Carl's actions are merely an extension of a young man who is growing up and learning how to operate in an absolutely horrible post-apocalyptic world. Throughout the show Carl has watched as people senselessly battle, squabble, and destroy each other while attempting to come to grips with the craziness of a zombie infested Earth. Meanwhile, Rick's general indecisiveness, inconsistency, and instability have taught Carl that his father is essentially unreliable, essentially leading Carl to have to carry out insanely traumatic tasks--such as killing his own mother to prevent her zombie transformation.

Though Carl certainly can be viewed as a person in danger of traveling down the path to becoming a monster, he has learned at the very least that indecision is more than enough to lead to one's downfall--as action's of the group have shown time and time again. Sure, Carl killed a young guy with a gun--but why were the Governor and his people there? To slaughter the entire prison group... I think Carl viewed the young guy as a person who was ready to kill his friends and family--and took action according to a certain "code" he has been learning through the cruel conditioning of his environment. To our sensibilities as viewers--Carl's actions certainly seem monstrous, but when one considers the monstrous nature of the world in which Carl is being forced to grow up in--his actions seem more like an effective and efficient method of counteracting the horrors he is sure to face, thus increasing the probability of survival. I still believe that characters like Rick and Hershel will attempt to demonstrate and supply Carl with a more positive and less "monster-like" alternative to surviving in zombie-land, but I think that this alternative's plausibility/effectiveness is still very much in question.

And both Carl and Herschel told the kid to DROP the weapon...not just freeze while holding it in midair. Sometimes you have to shoot the deer with the headlights in its eyes; you don't know what's coming next.

If the world they lived in was normal, and Carl was a cop, yeah, he'd be up on charges and suspended at the very least--but in this crazy zombified world, quick action is the better choice than possibly dying. When Herschel explained the scene to Rick, he left out a lot of the context.

Nordling said:
And both Carl and Herschel told the kid to DROP the weapon...not just freeze while holding it in midair. Sometimes you have to shoot the deer with the headlights in its eyes; you don't know what's coming next.

If the world they lived in was normal, and Carl was a cop, yeah, he'd be up on charges and suspended at the very least--but in this crazy zombified world, quick action is the better choice than possibly dying. When Herschel explained the scene to Rick, he left out a lot of the context.

Carl said straight up that he had viewed people hesitate and then have it bite them in the butt. He's a kid that has seen a bunch of horrible shit, and has seen people die because of mistakes and misjudgments. He did what I think any kid in his situation would have done, after seeing what he has. He doesn't understand that what he did was "wrong" because all he has known is that when people didn't do what he did, more bad things happened.

Reactions: Nordling
Looks to have a lot more action and zombies than last season which is good. Last season of talking and a zombie show with not a whole to show for it was rough.

Seems fitting....

Well the first line in the song anyway...

That and it's Happy Turkey-day in Canada. Fill up on turkey and watch TWD after the family leaves... bliss!

Reactions: MrRodry
PunkInDrublic said:
Decent opener. Talking Bad isn't as bad as usual either.
Yeah it was ok, somewhat slow....

SPOILER for those who have not watched it....

I am wondering about the dead animals and the kid that died, Rick found those deer out in the woods that were dead (one that was barely alive), the pig died and now that kid. It would seem that there is some kind of disease that is afflicting both animals and people. I know that the in the pre-season trailer there was a quote saying "we've lost 12 people now" I wonder if it has more to do with a possible disease than walkers, it would make a nice twist in the plot.

Reactions: AedanRayne
Yep, executive producer Robert Kirkman hinted there will be a new threat this season. An “uncontrollable, almost undefeatable threat,” he said in one interview. It was pretty obvious there is some new type of mutated pathogen they will have to deal with.

The raining zombies scene was a bit far fetched, lol, it looked like they focused more on gruesome special effects than the feasibility of the overwhelming numbers raining down compared to what they previously showed on the roof.

I thought the season premier was somewhat lacking, but that may be due to expecting too much.

:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: AedanRayne
The Walking Dead’ Draws Record 16.1 Million Viewers

It's the fall's No. 1 series telecast in 18-49

Rick Kissell

AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” basic cable’s biggest series of all time, opened its fourth season Sunday with more record numbers.

Despite facing higher-rated sports competition this year from both football and postseason baseball, “Walking Dead” returned Sunday with a monster average audience of 16.1 million viewers — more than 5 million viewers better than last year’s 10.87 million and more than double where it kicked off its second season in October 2011 (7.26 million).

It also did a huge 8.2 rating in adults 18-49, making it easily the top-rated entertainment series telecast of the season, ahead of CBS’ “The Big Bang Theory” (5.5 for its season premiere and a 6.1 for a special second episode right after it).

In adults 25-54, its 7.3 rating ties with the regular-timeslot episode of “NCIS” as the season’s best for an entertainment series. (The second “Big Bang” did an 8.0).

The previous series high for “Dead” — and the all-time best for a cable series — was its third-season finale last spring, which drew 12.42 million and a 6.4 rating in adults 18-49.

By comparison, AMC’s “Breaking Bad” wrapped its run last month with an average audience of 10.28 million and a 5.3 rating in adults 18-49 — easily the best scores for this series.

AMC also scored with post-show “The Talking Dead,” which drew a series-record 5.1 million viewers and a 2.6 rating in adults 18-49.

SPOILER

So assuming the pigs and Patrick were the start of a new epidemic of sorts, I'm very concerned about him coughing all that blood into the basin before he died. Obviously the pathogen is already spreading, but having it in their water supply (if there's any kind of recirculation at all) is nothing but bad.

Maybe I'm misremembering, I thought they weren't using that well? Or they stopped after that happened, or something? Because I remember objecting to that at first and then there was an explanation that made sense.
Still, it seems like this is an entirely different kind of infection, so maybe they are contagious in different ways?

Akabu said:
Maybe I'm misremembering, I thought they weren't using that well? Or they stopped after that happened, or something? Because I remember objecting to that at first and then there was an explanation that made sense.
Still, it seems like this is an entirely different kind of infection, so maybe they are contagious in different ways?

That well was back on the farm, far, far away, plus they closed it off permanently.

Methinks one clue has something to do with the red eyes that only a couple of the walkers have and the red eyes the of the kid that just reanimated in the shower at the end of the last show. It's some sort of pathogen that causes internal hemorrhaging like Ebola. :dontknow:

Reactions: AnaVictoriaXO
Bocefish said:
The raining zombies scene was a bit far fetched, lol, it looked like they focused more on gruesome special effects than the feasibility of the overwhelming numbers raining down compared to what they previously showed on the roof.

OCD got the better of me. I count 31 on the roof in a freeze frame. Included are two half bodies and there is an arm in the windshield of the helicopter that doesn't show very well here, but in video it's waving around.

During the inside scenes there were 20 seen dropping through. One more could be heard dropping in but wasn't shown. And then when the helicopter came down there were what looked like 3 more that fell with it. So they kept it within the number shown.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 10_14_2013 , 9_17_48 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 10_14_2013 , 9_17_48 PM.jpg
    838.4 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Bocefish
They showed this 'freshly dead' dude in the opening scene and a couple others IIRC, zooming in to see his eyes... so it's probably an important clue to whatever type of viral hemorrhagic fever is about to wreak havoc on them. They also seemed to emphasize the water barrels... clue #2.

:twocents-02cents:

Attachments

• BEZ.jpg
    BEZ.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.