AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
My mother had her eyelids done, it's not plastic surgery they just snip out the droopy part. Takes about a week to heal. I have to say it really did her self-confidence a solid.
Yeah my uncle did it and loved it. I hate doing elective surgery but may.

Today is my 7 year sw anniversary!

Crazy to think it’s been seven years since I first hit that broadcast button on MFC!
Money GIF

Seemed like the appropriate gif 😂

Fam, I think I finally figure out why I fucking hate the Lovense Lush. It reminds me of having a tampon in my pussy so as not to offend men who can't fathom women need to bleed to live (but like thousands of species operate this way) and them being so grossed out by an apparatus that keeps us clean but wants to stick a vibrating egg that gets hot in a dark, moist area which is known for growing bacteria. And being like yay baby that's hot.

Does anyone else here have SOIS (suddenly over it syndrome lol). I feel like with a lot of relationships and dealings, I can just wake up one day (without anything new specifically happening) , and just suddenly be tf over it, seemingly out of nowhere. I feel like everyone gets sick of stuff, but I wonder how many people get sick of things as suddenly and abruptly as I do. Thoughts? Are you the type of person who slowly gets fed up of stuff, or are you a SOIS too? Yes, you, you who is reading this. I'm curious.

Also (sorry to DP) congrats @Marceline 💐💐
Happy Anniversary. I know you are a really creative and inspiring model to be around, and it doesn't surprise me that so many other people appreciate you also 💜

• Hugs
Reactions: Marceline
Does anyone else here have SOIS (suddenly over it syndrome lol). I feel like with a lot of relationships and dealings, I can just wake up one day (without anything new specifically happening) , and just suddenly be tf over it, seemingly out of nowhere. I feel like everyone gets sick of stuff, but I wonder how many people get sick of things as suddenly and abruptly as I do. Thoughts? Are you the type of person who slowly gets fed up of stuff, or are you a SOIS too? Yes, you, you who is reading this. I'm curious.

-BPD enters the chat-

But seriously, yes. It’s not with all situations, but I do have it when I’ll wake up and my whole attitude towards a situation changed overnight, most specifically my attitude and feelings towards interpersonal relationships.

I’ve realized that this is a part of having BPD (definitely not saying everyone who experiences this has a personality disorder, I just know for me it is a symptom of it), and so I don’t act on those feelings. I process them and ask myself if I really have a reason to feel that way or if it’s just my brain being wonky. I never act on them in the moment. Really, I don’t ever act on any strong emotional feelings in the moment anymore and allow myself time to calm down and think everything through. DBT skills FTW!!!

Also (sorry to DP) congrats @Marceline 💐💐
Happy Anniversary. I know you are a really creative and inspiring model to be around, and it doesn't surprise me that so many other people appreciate you also 💜

This is so sweet, thank you!!!

-BPD enters the chat-

But seriously, yes. It’s not with all situations, but I do have it when I’ll wake up and my whole attitude towards a situation changed overnight, most specifically my attitude and feelings towards interpersonal relationships.

I’ve realized that this is a part of having BPD (definitely not saying everyone who experiences this has a personality disorder, I just know for me it is a symptom of it), and so I don’t act on those feelings. I process them and ask myself if I really have a reason to feel that way or if it’s just my brain being wonky. I never act on them in the moment. Really, I don’t ever act on any strong emotional feelings in the moment anymore and allow myself time to calm down and think everything through. DBT skills FTW!!!

This is so sweet, thank you!!!
Yeah for me it's more related to ADHD, and maybe a bit of Autism, I think. I'm always racing in my mind, and I'll not process interactions in the moment, but then I'll start having slightly off feelings about someone, but not be able to recall why. They usually are `100 percent valid though. It's just a cognitive delay on social processing, that's kind of mostly unconscious. Based on mental illness stuff or neurodiversity stuff sure, but I don't think BPD (with me) as much as difficulties processing social information succinctly. Hope that makes sense. I'm super hard on myself for it, but the times I've ignored it, I've regretted it HARD.

About 10 years ago I took, in depth tests for all the major personality disorders, to make sure my diagnosis was correct. And I had traits of none of them, except some light BPD traits, without meeting the criterion for full blown BPD though. So you could be kind of onto something there a bit too. I don't want to completely dismiss that, in my case, because I think it's a super valid point.

I get a bit irritated because I'm Scottish Italian though, and I feel the italian cultural ways of expressing emotions, can sometimes get labeled in a primarily caucasian culture, as "wrong" or "abnormal", and I do struggle with that. I wasn't raised in Italy, but my family is all direct immigrants. Regardless though, DBT skills are super helpful for depression and ADHD also. I highly recommend them to anyone struggling with healthy coping skills, not only people with BPD or BPD traits 🤍 I think a lot of DBT skills have the potential to help people with Autism, and addiction too (I live in a house with several people who are also on the spectrum aswell).

I love conversing with you, about serious issues, you are always so honest, deep and insightful. Can't reiterate enough how much I appreciate you, and your thoughtful responses here.

Last edited:
I'm not the exact same, however I have it with people.. I will put SO much energy into people, I will do anything for someone I feel like is a great person, but I can wake up one day, and have the feeling that this is too much energy put into a person, compared to what I get back, and ALL my feelings for the person will pretty much be gone.. like I can still talk to them, as if they were someone I know of course, because I do.. but with my real friends, I will almost reply instanly to messages on my phone etc.. with these people, they can have that one day, the other, I might see a message from them, not read it for a few days and then remember to reply to it.. I lose the interest in people so freaking fast when stuff happens..

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
I'm not the exact same, however I have it with people.. I will put SO much energy into people, I will do anything for someone I feel like is a great person, but I can wake up one day, and have the feeling that this is too much energy put into a person, compared to what I get back, and ALL my feelings for the person will pretty much be gone.. like I can still talk to them, as if they were someone I know of course, because I do.. but with my real friends, I will almost reply instanly to messages on my phone etc.. with these people, they can have that one day, the other, I might see a message from them, not read it for a few days and then remember to reply to it.. I lose the interest in people so freaking fast when stuff happens..
Yes, you are really nice and put a lot of energy out to everyone. It can be taken for granted, not appreciated, and outright used by others, when someone is like that. So I get you. From my limited interactions w you here, I could totally see that. Another honest, and deep answer that I appreciate a lot 🤍

• Hugs
Reactions: Wuggie
Yes, you are really nice and put a lot of energy out to everyone. It can be taken for granted, not appreciated, and outright used by others, when someone is like that. So I get you. From my limited interactions w you here, I could totally see that. Another honest, and deep answer that I appreciate a lot 🤍
aww thank you very much.. it wasn't until last year I realized that people actually thought like this about me.. I had a co-worked come up to me one day and tell me that my presence made all meetings so much more enjoyable because I inspired calmness and I were SO confused.. and now I can see it with my friend who just got out of a 14 year old marriage with a narcassist, and after we started hanging out a lot more (her ex husband HATED me) I can see she is starting to a whole different person (in a good way!)

I really appreciate the words, and I enjoy the "company" of so many of you guys in the forums :D it's one of my favorite things to have on one of my monitors when I'm at home, even if it's not active in here, I always have it running, because of all you awesome people that ARE worth the energy

• Hugs
Yeah for me it's more related to ADHD, and maybe a bit of Autism, I think. I'm always racing in my mind, and I'll not process interactions in the moment, but then I'll start having slightly off feelings about someone, but not be able to recall why. They usually are `100 percent valid though. It's just a cognitive delay on social processing, that's kind of mostly unconscious. Based on mental illness stuff or neurodiversity stuff sure, but I don't think BPD (with me) as much as difficulties processing social information succinctly. Hope that makes sense. I'm super hard on myself for it, but the times I've ignored it, I've regretted it HARD.

About 10 years ago I took, in depth tests for all the major personality disorders, to make sure my diagnosis was correct. And I had traits of none of them, except some light BPD traits, without meeting the criterion for full blown BPD though. So you could be kind of onto something there a bit too. I don't want to completely dismiss that, in my case, because I think it's a super valid point.

I get a bit irritated because I'm Scottish Italian though, and I feel the italian cultural ways of expressing emotions, can sometimes get labeled in a primarily caucasian culture, as "wrong" or "abnormal", and I do struggle with that. I wasn't raised in Italy, but my family is all direct immigrants. Regardless though, DBT skills are super helpful for depression and ADHD also. I highly recommend them to anyone struggling with healthy coping skills, not only people with BPD or BPD traits 🤍 I think a lot of DBT skills have the potential to help people with Autism, and addiction too (I live in a house with several people who are also on the spectrum aswell).

I love conversing with you, about serious issues, you are always so honest, deep and insightful. Can't reiterate enough how much I appreciate you, and your thoughtful responses here.

I will say, I absolutely believe in intuition and trusting your gut. I’ve had a lot of situations with other people where I’ve had “off” feelings about them and purposefully avoided them or being in certain situations with those people involved. I honestly believe it’s saved me from harm, emotional or physical, more times than I can count.

I know it may sound like new age spiritual type stuff, but I truly do believe in “bad energy” and I’m usually pretty good at picking up on it. Anybody that just feels “bad” to me, I avoid like the plague.

But there’s definitely been times where I don’t realize it in the moment, and when I think back on the situation it kinda hits me. I think the delayed thoughts come more from anxiety with me, though. I sometimes get overwhelmed in social situations and have to focus most of my energy on staying calm, and it can be easy to not pick up on things in those situations.

But, that’s usually when it pertains to people I’ve just met or don’t know very well. When it comes to people I do know well and love or care about, I still have those times when just out of the blue I want to wash my hands of them. That for sure is a BPD trait, idealization and devaluation. It’s during those times I do a lot of self reflection and put forth the effort and energy to see if there’s a cause to it, and if so, how can I fix it. Usually it just requires a little bit of time and altering my perception to a more realistic one, and I’m fine again.

DBT has been tremendously helpful for me, and I absolutely believe it can help with a plethora of mental issues or neurodivergence or even just for “normal” people, even though it’s usually the frontline treatment for people with BPD. It’s all about emotional intelligence and awareness, being mindful, learning how to properly communicate your feelings and dealing with stressful situations. I just love it.

I also love chatting with you, especially about more serious topics. I’ve always found our conversations to be super helpful, thoughtful and insightful!

And when it comes to BPD or stuff that may relate to it, I’m always down to have in depth conversations about it. I think there’s a lot of misinformation about it on the internet, and people with BPD often get demonized as a result. I feel like most of the time when I see BPD, or traits relating to it, being brought up in online discourse, so many people are quick to say how absolutely awful anyone with it is. Like, there’s absolutely people with BPD who don’t get any sort of treatment and then treat others like crap. But there’s also people like myself who have done a ton of work and took the necessary steps to not let it control our lives and relationships and do have healthy interpersonal relationships. And it’s not like treating people horribly is exclusive to just people with personality disorders or mental illness.

• Helpful!
I will say, I absolutely believe in intuition and trusting your gut. I’ve had a lot of situations with other people where I’ve had “off” feelings about them and purposefully avoided them or being in certain situations with those people involved. I honestly believe it’s saved me from harm, emotional or physical, more times than I can count.

I know it may sound like new age spiritual type stuff, but I truly do believe in “bad energy” and I’m usually pretty good at picking up on it. Anybody that just feels “bad” to me, I avoid like the plague.

But there’s definitely been times where I don’t realize it in the moment, and when I think back on the situation it kinda hits me. I think the delayed thoughts come more from anxiety with me, though. I sometimes get overwhelmed in social situations and have to focus most of my energy on staying calm, and it can be easy to not pick up on things in those situations.

But, that’s usually when it pertains to people I’ve just met or don’t know very well. When it comes to people I do know well and love or care about, I still have those times when just out of the blue I want to wash my hands of them. That for sure is a BPD trait, idealization and devaluation. It’s during those times I do a lot of self reflection and put forth the effort and energy to see if there’s a cause to it, and if so, how can I fix it. Usually it just requires a little bit of time and altering my perception to a more realistic one, and I’m fine again.

DBT has been tremendously helpful for me, and I absolutely believe it can help with a plethora of mental issues or neurodivergence or even just for “normal” people, even though it’s usually the frontline treatment for people with BPD. It’s all about emotional intelligence and awareness, being mindful, learning how to properly communicate your feelings and dealing with stressful situations. I just love it.

I also love chatting with you, especially about more serious topics. I’ve always found our conversations to be super helpful, thoughtful and insightful!

And when it comes to BPD or stuff that may relate to it, I’m always down to have in depth conversations about it. I think there’s a lot of misinformation about it on the internet, and people with BPD often get demonized as a result. I feel like most of the time when I see BPD, or traits relating to it, being brought up in online discourse, so many people are quick to say how absolutely awful anyone with it is. Like, there’s absolutely people with BPD who don’t get any sort of treatment and then treat others like crap. But there’s also people like myself who have done a ton of work and took the necessary steps to not let it control our lives and relationships and do have healthy interpersonal relationships. And it’s not like treating people horribly is exclusive to just people with personality disorders or mental illness.
Yes, I remember when I was in mental health there was a ton of misinformation about BPD, and a lot of demonizing. I felt very passionately about it, and how unfair it was. Save those attitudes for NPD, a lot of people w BPD actually have really good prognosis of recovery. To the point where it isn't even a clinical issue anymore. I think the most frustrating part, I noticed, back then (keep in mind this was ten years ago), was that a lot of the scientific evidence showed that 2-3 years of therapy with the same therapist, was what was most helpful. And or intensive DBT programs, as you shared. But insurance companies won't cover 2-3 years of individual therapy, in many cases. So the therapist has to either cut their BPD client off early, or continually be making up new and accurate adjacent diagnoses, to get insurance to cover it. Or the client has to pay out of pocket for full treatment, which I think is complete bullshit. It's so frustrating, to deal w insurance companies, in healthcare! It really is.

That being said I'm not sure where current research stands on that. But I know DBT is strongly supported as an evidence based practice, and therapy. And, honestly, is just super fun too. I loved DBT. I think BPD was like some forms of anxiety and depression, in that it is disorder with a chance of full recovery, in time, w treatment. Whereas ADHD, OCD, Schizophrenia, Bipolar etc are more lifelong, and generally need life long medication management. PTSD is another anxiety disorder, which people can recover completely from. It's pretty cool. Not a lot of people realize that.

Sorry rambling. Love this topic.

Yes, I remember when I was in mental health there was a ton of misinformation about BPD, and a lot of demonizing. I felt very passionately about it, and how unfair it was. Save those attitudes for NPD, a lot of people w BPD actually have really good prognosis of recovery. To the point where it isn't even a clinical issue anymore. I think the most frustrating part, I noticed, back then (keep in mind this was ten years ago), was that a lot of the scientific evidence showed that 2-3 years of therapy with the same therapist, was what was most helpful. And or intensive DBT programs, as you shared. But insurance companies won't cover 2-3 years of individual therapy, in many cases. So the therapist has to either cut their BPD client off early, or continually be making up new and accurate adjacent diagnoses, to get insurance to cover it. Or the client has to pay out of pocket for full treatment, which I think is complete bullshit. It's so frustrating, to deal w insurance companies, in healthcare! It really is.

That being said I'm not sure where current research stands on that. But I know DBT is strongly supported as an evidence based practice, and therapy. And, honestly, is just super fun too. I loved DBT. I think BPD was like some forms of anxiety and depression, in that it is disorder with a chance of full recovery, in time, w treatment. Whereas ADHD, OCD, Schizophrenia, Bipolar etc are more lifelong, and generally need life long medication management. PTSD is another anxiety disorder, which people can recover completely from. It's pretty cool. Not a lot of people realize that.

Sorry rambling. Love this topic.

Don't be sorry! I love this topic and am very passionate about it too. And I definitely rambled in my last post, haha.

Personality disorders are interesting. While you can't technically "cure" them, if you treat the symptoms through therapy and are able to manage them well enough, it can no longer be a problem. Unlike with mood disorders/mental illnesses that are caused by chemical imbalances, those definitely require life long medication. One of the biggest misconceptions I see about BPD online is that you HAVE to take medication for it. This is something the psychiatrist who diagnosed me has said is absolutely not true. Like you said, intensive DBT is the best method for treating it. Medication won't really help unless you have comorbidities (such as anxiety, depression, etc). Another huge misconception is that you're going to suffer from it for the rest of your life, which we both know isn't true.

But, there's a lot of misconceptions about mental health in general. Our education systems and healthcare systems (at least in America) are a joke. And then you have people self-diagnosing and making uneducated posts online about their "diagnosis". OCD used to be a big one. Where someone is like "Oh yeah, I have to make sure a picture hanging is straight or it drives me crazy. I'm so OCD lol". I have OCD and while it presents differently in everyone, the whole "straightening things/being tidy" isn't as huge as people seem to think it is. Like, my OCD tends to center around my health/germs and work stuff. I've mentioned in the past, maybe not here on the public side of the forum, but it has taken me hours before to film one video because of how obsessive I am about getting everything perfect. With the germs/health stuff, I will get the full body ick if I touch stuff out in public and not have hand sanitizer on me. I've washed my hands to the point where they have cracked and bled before (it's not as bad as it used to be, but this used to happen on a daily basis at my worst). It's not fun. I've also seen people make offhand comments about how "Oh yeah, I get mood swings, I'm so bipolar". Absent mindedly claiming to have bipolar disorder (especially without an official diagnosis) is a huge pet peeve of mine. Everyone has mood swings. Some people don't have a high EQ and act out when they have mood swings, but that doesn't mean they have a clinical disorder. Someone very close to me actually had bipolar disorder and they ended their own life, so it's a bit of a trigger for me when people casually throw that one around. There's also been this huge uptick on social media of people claiming to have DID and filming themselves "switching" between different personalities on camera. It's disgusting. While I don't have any personal experience with anyone who has had DID, I do know that it is a very rare, very hard to manage illness that is generally brought on by extreme trauma.

And about the insurance stuff, I get so angry when I think about how much of a scam the healthcare system and insurance companies are here in America. TMS is an extremely effective treatment for depression, OCD and anxiety. It's non-invasive and has minimal to no side effects. I've done it myself and found it extremely beneficial. However, it's very expensive and insurance will only cover it after you've taken multiple anti-depressants/medications with no positive results and at least a year or so of conventional therapy. It's ridiculous how hard it is for insurance to approve it.

The healthcare system in general here is a joke. For mental health and just for general health. Insurance companies can be predatory and it's not uncommon for insurance agents to not tell you the fine print, because a lot of them work off of commission and just want to sign you up so they can get money in their pockets. The healthcare system is for profit, not about helping people. Honestly, I've been looking more and more into medical tourism, because it's less expensive and you can get better care in other countries. I don't have insurance right now after the last time I had it and I got lied to and fucked over by a predatory insurance agent. I need to get some tests done (endoscopy, ultrasounds, full body skin cancer check/possible skin biopsy). With the procedures I need to get done, I'm looking at upwards of 10k here in the US and months to even get an appointment. I'm really thinking about taking a vacation to Istanbul to get all my tests done. I recently saw a video where this girl documented all the health tests she got done there. She was able to get all the appointments done in the same day, didn't have to wait forever, and it cost her about $800 for everything (something that would have costs thousands and thousands in the US).

This turned out way longer than I expected, I'm super rambly today haha.

I have extremely controversial opinions about this. Most "professionals" want a person to believe that "HAPPY" is the supposed default of human beings and if you're anything BUT happy then there's something super fucked up in your head and you're in need of therapy or medication.

The default state of a human being is "aware." Aware of your surroundings, your people, your finances, and the things you need to do. If you're happy all the time, that just means you aren't paying attention. If you're constantly struggling, you're probably not seeing the "helpers" around you.

• Helpful!
Don't be sorry! I love this topic and am very passionate about it too. And I definitely rambled in my last post, haha.
Yay interesting chat party USA :party: :party:
Personality disorders are interesting. While you can't technically "cure" them, if you treat the symptoms through therapy and are able to manage them well enough, it can no longer be a problem. Unlike with mood disorders/mental illnesses
I do just want to correct this part though. Mild depression and anxiety can be treated without meds, or with short-course temporary meds. Major depression not so much, and also treatment resistant depression (which is dangerous, and the most horrible of discorders, besides psychotic disorders, imo.) Bipolar 2 is another really dangerous one, because it can look like only depression, but needs different Tx.
that are caused by chemical imbalances, those definitely require life long medication. One of the biggest misconceptions I see about BPD online is that you HAVE to take medication for it. This is something the psychiatrist who diagnosed me has said is absolutely not true. Like you said, intensive DBT is the best method for treating it. Medication won't really help unless you have comorbidities (such as anxiety, depression, etc). Another huge misconception is that you're going to suffer from it for the rest of your life, which we both know isn't true.
Everything you said here is exactly what I learned too. A lot of people w BPD get treatment for depression and anxiety, but only because it's comorbid, or what I would term secondary. A lot of people w ADHD, and Autism, also develop secondary depression and anxiety, if they don't get interventions early enough in life. But that's more as a result of being chronically misunderstood, and trying to force themselves as square pegs, into round holes, and continually failing. Because it isn't possible, even w meds. That's why accomodations are so important and valuable. And I don't believe enough people get them at work, school etc due to the stigma of requesting them. And even when they are on IEPs school systems skimp on them, and then what happens is the school district gets sued. It takes a long time, but a few of these parent cases have been more successful in courts recently. So if I were a school administrator I wouldn't fuck around when it came to that, but I digress...
But, there's a lot of misconceptions about mental health in general. Our education systems and healthcare systems (at least in America) are a joke. And then you have people self-diagnosing and making uneducated posts online about their "diagnosis". OCD used to be a big one. Where someone is like "Oh yeah, I have to make sure a picture hanging is straight or it drives me crazy. I'm so OCD lol". I have OCD and while it presents differently in everyone, the whole "straightening things/being tidy" isn't as huge as people seem to think it is. Like, my OCD tends to center around my health/germs and work stuff. I've mentioned in the past, maybe not here on the public side of the forum, but it has taken me hours before to film one video because of how obsessive I am about getting everything perfect. With the germs/health stuff, I will get the full body ick if I touch stuff out in public and not have hand sanitizer on me. I've washed my hands to the point where they have cracked and bled before (it's not as bad as it used to be, but this used to happen on a daily basis at my worst). It's not fun. I've also seen people make offhand comments about how "Oh yeah, I get mood swings, I'm so bipolar". Absent mindedly claiming to have bipolar disorder (especially without an official diagnosis) is a huge pet peeve of mine. Everyone has mood swings. Some people don't have a high EQ and act out when they have mood swings, but that doesn't mean they have a clinical disorder. Someone very close to me actually had bipolar disorder and they ended their own life, so it's a bit of a trigger for me when people casually throw that one around. There's also been this huge uptick on social media of people claiming to have DID and filming themselves "switching" between different personalities on camera. It's disgusting. While I don't have any personal experience with anyone who has had DID, I do know that it is a very rare, very hard to manage illness that is generally brought on by extreme trauma.
Everything you said here tracks exactly my experience too. I have OCD also. In my early 20s it got so bad that I had to cough every time I had a "bad thought", lol so I was constantly hoarse. I laugh, but it was actually really tough to go through. I also washed my hands about 200 times a day, couldn't stop, and they were constantly bleeding. I was an hour late to a lot of things, and missed many too, because I'd often have to check the oven was off, and the front door locked, 100 plus times each, before I could get in the car. OCD comes in different forms. There are some main, general sub categories though. I have meds that take the edge off now TG!

Contamination is one (I know I have that too)
Checking (this is a different sub-category -I also have that one bad)
People can get sexual OCD (which I'm super grateful isn't one I have ever experienced)
Harm or preventing harm (I get that infrequently, and only when off meds)
Hoarding (I don't have this one as bad at all, but I know people who do, and it's very debilitating). I literally know someone with OCD hoarding symptoms, who wanted to keep the poops their new puppy did, in ziplocks in the freezer. Um no. Unfortunately we do have to utilize the garbage systems, and sewer systems in our towns.
Symmetry and order- I do have this. But it's so much more than simply making sure pictures are hung straight.
Intrusive thoughts and scary images - I get this when not on meds. It's awful, and terrifying.
And about the insurance stuff, I get so angry when I think about how much of a scam the healthcare system and insurance companies are here in America. TMS is an extremely effective treatment for depression, OCD and anxiety. It's non-invasive and has minimal to no side effects. I've done it myself and found it extremely beneficial. However, it's very expensive and insurance will only cover it after you've taken multiple anti-depressants/medications with no positive results and at least a year or so of conventional therapy. It's ridiculous how hard it is for insurance to approve it.

The healthcare system in general here is a joke. For mental health and just for general health. Insurance companies can be predatory and it's not uncommon for insurance agents to not tell you the fine print, because a lot of them work off of commission and just want to sign you up so they can get money in their pockets. The healthcare system is for profit, not about helping people. Honestly, I've been looking more and more into medical tourism, because it's less expensive and you can get better care in other countries. I don't have insurance right now after the last time I had it and I got lied to and fucked over by a predatory insurance agent. I need to get some tests done (endoscopy, ultrasounds, full body skin cancer check/possible skin biopsy). With the procedures I need to get done, I'm looking at upwards of 10k here in the US and months to even get an appointment. I'm really thinking about taking a vacation to Istanbul to get all my tests done. I recently saw a video where this girl documented all the health tests she got done there. She was able to get all the appointments done in the same day, didn't have to wait forever, and it cost her about $800 for everything (something that would have costs thousands and thousands in the US).

This turned out way longer than I expected, I'm super rambly today haha.
This part is very interesting, and gives me serious pause for thought (the medical tourism part). The healthcare and insurance company part is not new news for me unfortunately. I get super hot about it, it's one of the main reasons I left that field, but I'll calm down and breathe and refrain from further comment on that. I get so, so angry about all of that. But what you say is so true, and so completely unjust! But hey SWs are the ones who work a dishonest job. Please people... please.

Last edited:
Here's my plea. Horses, ground hogs, prairie dogs, salamanders, fish, koalas, ostriches, snakes, whatever that isn't a human has less responsibility than actual humans. Because money. Because religion. Someone decided that while the Romans, Greeks, and Norse and Chinese were describing natural phenomenon occurring in the world with a face that somehow made sense they were like yeah that's awesome. "SKYDADDY decided your crops should die." No, your crops died because you planted them at the wrong time. Then you needed a new thing to take on an old thing that didn't suit you any more. I know Big Bang Theory is largely looked down upon but the one true thing that was said is the pharmaceutical industry will invent and cure a disease in the same afternoon. We're suffering from plastics and synthetics in our waterways and there's nothing anyone can do at this point other than just eschew plastics It's about damn near impossible from the devices we post from to how we do our laundry.

There's nothing wrong with you, there's just a variety of industries telling you there is.

We're suffering from plastics and synthetics in our waterways and there's nothing anyone can do at this point other than just eschew plastics It's about damn near impossible from the devices we post from to how we do our laundry.
Yep, this is the world that was built around us.

We as individuals can only do so much. Sure, be aware of being excessive, but using straws or a grocery bag are not the end of our existence. There's no getting rid of the ultimate problem just by Sheila and Greg down the street swearing off Ziplock bags.

Live your life. Be aware, but live your life. It's what was handed to us.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Have you ever known anyone who’s actually had to have their social security number changed? I haven’t, but that’s what I’m dealing with right now. I’m a victim of identity fraud.

Hey to anyone living in the US have you noticed a difference in traffic since the new age verification laws have passed? I’m just curious.

Not without an obvious circumstance that causes it (betrayal, for example).

I’m almost the opposite. I wait until I’m thoroughly convinced that I am over something/someone, to the point where the last X amount of time I spent on it was sort of a confirmation phase. If something was enjoyable to me, then it suddenly isn’t, I tend to give it time before I walk away.

Not sure why. Maybe to guard against my own impulsiveness? But to use a superficial example, I know people who can give up on their favorite music act or TV series after a one or two bad releases. I’m more likely to say “well, that sucked” and then still force myself to watch the next season in its entirety, just to see if it corrects itself. Or to buy a band’s latest album because they were once really good. I don’t give up on things very quickly.

• Helpful!
Not without an obvious circumstance that causes it (betrayal, for example).

I’m almost the opposite. I wait until I’m thoroughly convinced that I am over something/someone, to the point where the last X amount of time I spent on it was sort of a confirmation phase. If something was enjoyable to me, then it suddenly isn’t, I tend to give it time before I walk away.

Not sure why. Maybe to guard against my own impulsiveness? But to use a superficial example, I know people who can give up on their favorite music act or TV series after a one or two bad releases. I’m more likely to say “well, that sucked” and then still force myself to watch the next season in its entirety, just to see if it corrects itself. Or to buy a band’s latest album because they were once really good. I don’t give up on things very quickly.
Yeah I don't think I did the best job of concisely putting what I was truly trying to ask, into the clearest words. But, nevertheless, I've really enjoyed reading everyone's different answers. Very fascinating and educational.

I think it's kind of awesome that you've worked on countering maybe your natural tendency to be a bit impulsive, that's not easy to do. I admire that.

Daily thought: my teams getting slaughtered today 😭 woe is me. Are there emotional support groups for this stuff? Sports gone Emo 🤦‍♀️ this is so tough emotionally! I'm watching a replay so no spoilers, (if anyone already knows end result).

Last edited:
Reactions: Smoothie
Men are doing Duckface now. I swear to God. I'm seeing it everywhere.

All over the internet.. doing Duckface

Out of control.
awkward whats up GIF by funk

I'm going to share this because I just can't take myself too seriously.
Context - I was travelling for work, checked into a hotel, and there was snow in the area (it's winter here).
Went to bed, and woke up in the early hours with the most disconcerting feeling of warmth where my butt was in contact with the mattress.
Had all sorts of shocked thoughts pass through my mind in an instant - 'I'm too young to be incontinent', 'I wasn't drunk', that sort of thing.
As I got out of bed, I saw a little plastic control box with a red light showing, sticking out from under the mattress.
With relief, I realised the bed had an electric heated underblanket set on a timer to come on in the middle of the night.
Someone had turned it onto the 'high' setting :)

I haven’t posted in a few days, but I just wanted to thank you all for the birthday wishes on Thursday. ❤️

Remember that while people deal with banned accounts in Chaturbate, I have to unlock ad accounts for clients in Facebook/Meta and LinkedIn, and Google Ads which is no less unnerving, cumbersome, and resource intensive. Their indifference and vague answers will send you going bananas in no time:) Why the hell did I get into marketing and all the entrepreneurial bullshit and didn’t stick to a desk job? 😆

Remember that while people deal with banned accounts in Chaturbate, I have to unlock ad accounts for clients in Facebook/Meta and LinkedIn, and Google Ads which is no less unnerving, cumbersome, and resource intensive. Their indifference and vague answers will send you going bananas in no time:) Why the hell did I get into marketing and all the entrepreneurial bullshit and didn’t stick to a desk job? 😆
Can confirm, trying to get a facebook ads account back is more of a pain than trying to get a cb account back 😂