AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Custom model disappeared. Options?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Jun 1, 2020
I have an unusual fetish so it’s hard to find models who do it. It is a category on C4S but very models post clips for this fetish.

Found a model. Worked everything out. I paid her in March. She told me at that time that she has multiple jobs and cams on the side. She can do it but it might take a bit.

I wrote back and said I understand and that this was a complicated fetish/clip that she can’t bang out in 20 Minuted and I would respect that.

Paid on March 2. There were always delays because of other jobs, but she kept me updated so I overlooked it.

On June 6, she emailed me to say she filmed over the weekend. The clip is ready. She’ll edit it and I’ll have within a few days or at least by the weekend.

That’s the last I’ve heard from her. I’ve sent 4 emails over the last 6 weeks asking for an update, all of which have been ignored.

I paid via PayPal friends and family (which I’ve used for other models and been fine). PayPal says they can’t do anything.

They tell me to get credit card company involved, which I don’t want to do for obvious reasons.

Do I have any options besides accepting I got scammed?

Also scamming seems like it’s rampant in the custom clip sector.

I have an unusual fetish so it’s hard to find models who do it. It is a category on C4S but very models post clips for this fetish.

Found a model. Worked everything out. I paid her in March. She told me at that time that she has multiple jobs and cams on the side. She can do it but it might take a bit.

I wrote back and said I understand and that this was a complicated fetish/clip that she can’t bang out in 20 Minuted and I would respect that.

Paid on March 2. There were always delays because of other jobs, but she kept me updated so I overlooked it.

On June 6, she emailed me to say she filmed over the weekend. The clip is ready. She’ll edit it and I’ll have within a few days or at least by the weekend.

That’s the last I’ve heard from her. I’ve sent 4 emails over the last 6 weeks asking for an update, all of which have been ignored.

I paid via PayPal friends and family (which I’ve used for other models and been fine). PayPal says they can’t do anything.

They tell me to get credit card company involved, which I don’t want to do for obvious reasons.

Do I have any options besides accepting I got scammed?

Also scamming seems like it’s rampant in the custom clip sector.
What do you mean when you say scamming seems rampant in the custom clips sector? Be ause earlier in your post you said you had used paypal and been fine?

I would never purchase customs off-sites. That's why the sites are there, to hold your money in escrow, until the custom is delivered.

Honestly, since you paid through PayPal, you don’t have really any options except to just accept you won’t be getting the custom.

It’s never ever a good idea to pay for things like this through offsite methods, especially if you’re ordering a custom from someone you don’t have a rapport with. If you do a chargeback with your bank, which I know you said you won’t do but I want to throw this out there for others to see/know, you’re looking at getting your paypal account frozen/banned.

Looks like this isn’t the first time this has happened to you (looking at your post history, even I’ve commented on another similar post of yours a few years back). If you don’t want to be scammed, order customs through clip sites that have an escrow system. ManyVids and iWantClips both have this. It’s safer for both the model and the member.

Scamming is not rampant in custom clips, at least not to my knowledge. I know a lot of models, myself included, who always deliver customs after they’ve been ordered and do so in a timely manner.

What do you mean when you say scamming seems rampant in the custom clips sector? Be ause earlier in your post you said you had used paypal and been fine?

I would never purchase customs off-sites. That's why the sites are there, to hold your money in escrow, until the custom is delivered.
I say that because I was scammed three years ago by a model. But I’ve two other models that way and they were terrific.

Reactions: MarieElise
Also on a message board for my fetish lots of posters complain about being scammed.
what is your fetish? using paypal?

I say that because I was scammed three years ago by a model. But I’ve two other models that way and they were terrific.
Ok. Well I think being scammed twice in 3 years doesn't really qualify making the statement that scamming seems rife lol.

But I understand that you are annoyed, likely emotional and over exaggerating. And it sounds like you have a right to be annoyed. Customs do get delayed. I once took 3 weeks to do one, be ause my house was full of smoke from wildfires and I was spending my time laying low (literally) trying to get oxygen to my lungs. Since I am already someone w weak lungs, and lung issues.

I think you have been scammed this time. Months upon months delay seems excessive.

Last edited:
Also on a message board for my fetish lots of posters complain about being scammed.
Maybe it would be helpful if you took a hard line with the other posters on this message board and strongly encouraged them to order through sites with escrow systems.

I'm wondering if this is a fetish which is not allowed on most sites, and this is why you all won't just use the established systems which are in place?

(Sorry guys on my phone and totally blanking on how to use multi quote, but really wanting to get my point across).

Reactions: AussieCosplay
so scamming will be rampant in any area where there is unsecured forms of payment and especially when there’s any extra layers of stigma or secrecy attached.

This scamming risk goes both ways, it’s not uncommon for members to reverse transactions after receiving custom content.

I’m surprised you went to PayPal and they didn’t block your account as purchasing Adult content is very much against their TOS and heavily enforced.

As others have said, the best way to avoid scams and keep everything above board for the model and you is to use a site like manyvids which offers processing.

I do take direct payments (never PayPal tho eek) from customers who I have had multiple successful purchases from because there’s a level of trust built on both sides there.

now perhaps your fetish isn’t allowed on those sites? If that is the case, the best way to protect yourself will be to only use established models that are known within your community to deliver, and start with small cheaper requests and build up.

now perhaps your fetish isn’t allowed on those sites? If that is the case, the best way to protect yourself will be to only use established models that are known within your community to deliver, and start with small cheaper requests and build up.
This one is on me because I found her using Clips4Sale and she had posted several clips with this fetish on the site. But she wasn’t recommended or anything.

The one three years ago came highly recommended by other posters on forums for this fetish. Lots of people said good things and I still got scammed.

dCustoms do get delayed. I
Totally agree. And I’m sympathetic to models and their schedules. I’m not their only customer, they have day jobs, they get sick — a whole host of reasons things can get delayed. And as I said above, it was a complicated clip. I wanted to be respectful of that. So I try to be very accommodating with delays and willing to wait.

But I paid on March 2, which is ridiculous.

The best moment was when I said in late May that I felt like I was getting ripped off and she wrote, “I don't scam anyone when it comes to customs (or anything else for that matter)” likely untrue.

Reactions: MarieElise
Totally agree. And I’m sympathetic to models and their schedules. I’m not their only customer, they have day jobs, they get sick — a whole host of reasons things can get delayed. And as I said above, it was a complicated clip. I wanted to be respectful of that. So I try to be very accommodating with delays and willing to wait.

But I paid on March 2, which is ridiculous.

The best moment was when I said in late May that I felt like I was getting ripped off and she wrote, “I don't scam anyone when it comes to customs (or anything else for that matter)” likely untrue.
Yes even if she were t s among you, at this point she clearly does not want to do the custom, so she should refund you. I am sorry that you have had this experience. On manyvids I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the default is 2 weeks, unless the customer pays for quicker delivery. A lot of the escrow sites have that feature, which motivates the model to get it delivered, so they can see the money.

Like you said things happen. 4 weeks isn't long to wait imo, but months upon months is kind of excessive. Well before that point, I would offer a full refund. Doesn't sound very fair. Like LaceyRoyce said though, there are lots of models who would not do that to you, but best to build trust over time (if using non escrow payment systems).

Last edited:
Very true. As some of the models speculated, it is a fetish not allowed on ManyVids, though if you look for it, you’ll find it. This model has two videos posted there in this fetish. They are short, which may be how she got away with it.
It’s not a violent or painful fetish and there are multiple forums dedicated to it.

I won’t say what it is. Just add that we can’t control what ends up being our fetish.

Also, maybe there is a model here who would want to get into whatever it is, or learn about it, to expand the menu of stuff they offer.
It's just good general knowledge for those of us who like to do fetish work. To kind of learn, or get a wider grasp of the industry or however you would word it.

At the risk of being judged by the group. It’s intoxication.
Now what’s interesting to me is that about 10 days after she told me my clip is complete the model posted a very short (like two minutes) drunk clip. I wondered if it was a brief snippet of my custom but now I don’t think so.
I hope this fetish doesn’t offend anyone. It’s one that I think is greatly misunderstood.

From what I gathered this fetish seems to have a higher rate of scamming than general fetish clips, which is why I made the comment about scams being common. It’s more prevalent in this community

From what I gathered this fetish seems to have a higher rate of scamming than general fetish clips, which is why I made the comment about scams being common. It’s more prevalent in this community
That's one of the ones that mainly got banned just the last few years right?
You probably already know to peruse Mind Fuck category, since drinking got taken away, and intox isn't allowed?
The way a lot of these sites work, is that certain words are banned only.
You probably already know that though.

• Helpful!