AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SweetSaffron said:
yossarian said:
Fay_Galore said:
I cannot get past this but maybe I'm not overreacting, but girls who are constantly checking their phone. this is something that annoys me in real life too when some's with friends, and having people in your room is just as much a social event.

It took me a while to realize that a lot of the models who seem to be checking their phones are actually just fiddling with their music.

Guilty! I kinda stopped even playing music recently because I do that too much. I can never predict what I'll be in the mood for, so I can't accurately put together a playlist that I won't be constantly skipping songs on.
I use pandora, I may skip songs occasionally but it's on my laptop so not distractingly obvious. I just feel like it's weird NOT hearing some background noise. lol

Reactions: krukstyle
yossarian said:
Fay_Galore said:
I cannot get past this but maybe I'm not overreacting, but girls who are constantly checking their phone. this is something that annoys me in real life too when some's with friends, and having people in your room is just as much a social event.

It took me a while to realize that a lot of the models who seem to be checking their phones are actually just fiddling with their music.

even then! you can just as easily run your spotify/pandora/whatever from your computer and then it at least seems like you're not ignoring your screen. and I get when you sometimes want to add a new member to snapchat, or send out a tweet, but most of the times I see it's obviously just a habit of getting out your phone and checking it.

if I have my phone right next to me I do it too, because of habit, that's why I keep my phone not at arms length while online.

(ps. sorry for all the typos in my previous post, it was late)

Fay_Galore said:
yossarian said:
Fay_Galore said:

even then! you can just as easily run your spotify/pandora/whatever from your computer and then it at least seems like you're not ignoring your screen. and I get when you sometimes want to add a new member to snapchat, or send out a tweet, but most of the times I see it's obviously just a habit of getting out your phone and checking it.

if I have my phone right next to me I do it too, because of habit, that's why I keep my phone not at arms length while online.

I think the girls doing it from their phone don't want music playing on their computer speakers because it will mess with their microphones. This is just speculation though because I use my computer to play all my music.

I am easily annoyed, here are a few.
1. Not being there with the paying member is super annoying. (Don't talk to me when you are pvt with someone else, keep your attention with me when I am.)
2. Dragging out a pvt show is pretty annoying. Seduced into staying longer, when you are tempted to leave adds to this (As much as you may later admire her skills of seduction).
3. No appreciation of any kind for tips.
4. Lying or Wildly out of proportion promises (i.e strip for wxyz tokens, then immediate dressing without a fair consideration for what we expect in a strip).
5. A model who cannot tease a bit/ flirt, have some fun with her time on.
6. Silence.

Reactions: LadyLuna
SexyStephXS said:
SweetSaffron said:
yossarian said:
Fay_Galore said:

Guilty! I kinda stopped even playing music recently because I do that too much. I can never predict what I'll be in the mood for, so I can't accurately put together a playlist that I won't be constantly skipping songs on.
I use pandora, I may skip songs occasionally but it's on my laptop so not distractingly obvious. I just feel like it's weird NOT hearing some background noise. lol

I have issues trying to get any external microphone to work, and end up having to use the one built into my laptop, which leads to me worrying that the music comes across too loud or possibly distorted if I'm using Pandora. Of course, nobody ever complains, but that doesn't mean anything, as many guys here have said they just next-model on past crappy sound rather than letting the model know there's an issue.

LilyMarie said:
JoleneBrody said:
(...) and the uploader obviously went through a lot (including blocking my xhamster account from commenting and putting a weird picture of me over my watermark) To make sure I'm not given proper credit.
You can't upload videos with a watermark on xHamster. 2 years ago I tried to upload my sex video to xHamster and save it with a password so that the guy in my video could watch it without having to download it, and it got rejected because of my watermark.
So the reason the uploader put a picture over your watermark is probably just so he could upload the video on xhamster at all, and not so you wouldn't be given proper credit. (This is just something to add, I'm not saying it makes this guy less of a shitty person or anything. :) )
Well he also didn't name me and blocked my xhamster account from being able to post comments... so I think in this case it was.

LilyEvans said:
Fay_Galore said:
yossarian said:
Fay_Galore said:

I think the girls doing it from their phone don't want music playing on their computer speakers because it will mess with their microphones. This is just speculation though because I use my computer to play all my music.

I play my music through my phone (I hook it up to speakers) because it sounds better, but also because even though I pay for the fastest internet available in my area it is CRAP and playing music and camming on my internet at the same time makes me lag so bad. Playing it through my phone is the only solution because I just use my unlimited data and it doesn't eat up my wifi.

My texts actually come through to my laptop too, so I have no reason to be on my phone unless it's to mess with the music.

I totally forgot how much this annoys me til now. Randomly remembered and had to share.
I see this more with studio girls than anything...

I hate when a model will have a username just like a Top 100 girl's name. I can't think of any specifics off the top of my head but usually they just reverse the names, like "MolliAna" instead of "AnnaMolli" or "SweetAdy" instead of "AdySweet", etc. It just seems like a super cheap trick to get people into clicking on you.

motherbrain said:
I totally forgot how much this annoys me til now. Randomly remembered and had to share.

I hate when a model will have a username just like a Top 100 girl's name. I can't think of any specifics off the top of my head but usually they just reverse the names, like "MolliAna" instead of "AnnaMolli" or "SweetAdy" instead of "AdySweet", etc. It just seems like a super cheap trick to get people into clicking on you.

I really hope mfc makes a rule about this. Technically if a member wants to tip ambercutie and he ends up tipping ambercute, mfc would have to start taking tokens away from that model if the member complains and that's more work for them if they want to return the tokens to the member (yes they return tokens, it happened to me)
Not to mention they are stealing the brand that was created over the years of hard work. But at the end of the day, imitation is the greatest form of flattery and girls that copy everything from the more successful camgirls (names being one of them) probably won't last too long in a business that requires innovation, creativity and hard work to really be successful.

But I don't know how dense you'd have to be to accidentally tip the wrong model. :lol: I don't think it actually happens on a regular basis.

Kickaz said:
motherbrain said:

I really hope mfc makes a rule about this. Technically if a member wants to tip ambercutie and he ends up tipping ambercute, mfc would have to start taking tokens away from that model if the member complains and that's more work for them if they want to return the tokens to the member (yes they return tokens, it happened to me)
Not to mention they are stealing the brand that was created over the years of hard work. But at the end of the day, imitation is the greatest form of flattery and girls that copy everything from the more successful camgirls (names being one of them) probably won't last too long in a business that requires innovation, creativity and hard work to really be successful.
And it's starting to get annoying to have people, daily, coming into my chat room telling me about the model named Ambercutie2.

PunkInDrublic said:
What a weird thing to complain about. Just don't log on? Not even sure how this is an annoying thing a model does, should be in the annoying member thread.

You'd be surprised at how hard it is for people to 'just not log in' to certain websites. I log in MFC most days a week before work, even if I'm not looking to spend any money. In MFC's case, it's nice to see a pretty face or 5, or to just joke around with a fav or 2 before work.

I used to belong to Fling.com and know a few people from there pretty well. Two are even models on MFC at times. I let my membership run out when I changed credit cards due to the date changing...but a lot of the people on there just log in to log in and see people. Men and women, alike.. and me, too. Half the time, I wasn't even paying attention to what was going on on screen. Hell, there are times I do the same on MFC if I'm not talking with a favorite. Hell, MFC is still open right now, but I'm not watching anyone.

In some cases it has to do with work schedules being odd to actually go out and meet people. In other cases, they may be a little introverted or shy, and the computer screen makes it easier to talk to people. Some people have vastly different personalities IRL than online, which makes it easier to talk to people.

It's like how some people do most of their social interactions through Twitter and Facebook, now. They rarely ever go out and meet new people. They just interact online and to some of them, that is their social interaction.

I'm sure there's plenty of cam girls who are actually pretty reserved and shy IRL, but don't come off that way on cam.

In many ways, we're losing our ability to connect in person, so people decide to go to online venues to at least keep that need fed. Humans are, after all, social creatures. We don't do especially well if we're alone too often.

Fay_Galore said:
Misono said:
Be pretty interesting, both from profile and what I have seen, but look so alike in both the face, hairstyle and everything else to a really close friend.

I realise that is completely not the model's fault, but it's annoying! Such an awkward feeling.

I know the model is on ACF, and for this I apologise. Maybe I'll come by if my friend is severely disfigured in a car accident or something, if only to avoid making me feel less weird.

okHr6pR.jpg

I had to hide a model I saw in a lounge once, because she looked almost exactly like my cousin. Way too close to even consider me having her unhidden.

Though, what he said at the end is kind of... wat

AmberCutie said:
JoleneBrody said:
When a models negative tweets are in a higher percentage than her positive, especially when she is awesome and I know she is just slowly digging her grave unnecessarily. I bite my tongue a lot because I want so badly to shake them and scream "KNOCK IT OFF!" But it's not my place.
Agreed. And on a slightly off-topic but related note: when 80% or more of a girl's pictures are of her making silly/ugly faces. I know that my regulars enjoy a silly face pic sometimes and may encourage it for their own entertainment, but from a marketing standpoint, doing it too frequently gives newcomers a bad impression. It's one thing if that IS the girl's marketing strategy and she wants to present herself/always be seen that way, but she can't turn around and wonder why people can't take her sexier and prettier pictures seriously.

Wait... so you mean all those funny pics of myself aren't doing wonders for my marketing of myself? ;)

VeronicaChaos said:
I know this has been mentioned, but, when models constantly tweet about their daily goals. "$60 left til daily goal!" "20 til goal!" It's really offputting and makes it seem all about the money. I mean, I obviously have a goal as well, but I keep it personal and use it as motivation to entertain/do my job well enough to make it. I think it's really tacky to constantly remind members that you're looking at the dollars add up first and foremost. Not to mention, it just seems bad for business. If you are THAT concerned about your goal, it seems smart not to do things that will get in the way of achieving it?

Also putting a daily goal in a topic. Especially a non-joking fairly decent amount. Guess what? No member, nor other models want to know how much she wants to make that day. She wants to make $200, $300, $500 in a day? Great. She should keep it to herself. A lot of members who don't like tipping models get the impression they all make thousands a week thanks to some models' topics, and for those members not making near that much, seeing tip goals in topics or Tweets about how she is X thousand tokens away from goal for the day makes them say they don'tneed to tip her if she makes that much.

Misono said:
I've always said to myself that the moment someone I regularly visit questions my token spending habits is the moment I stop going to their room.

Just frustrates me this. It's entertainment, not a relationship.

I've already done that in the past. If/when I tip her, I m tipping her. If/when I am tipping someone else, I am tipping someone else. I don't get all uppity if models go private with some other member, so don't get uppity if I don't spend 100% of my tokens on just one model.

I'm not getting a relationship out of this entertainment. There is no such thing as monogamy in camming between members and models.

It's like what Motherbrain said (great Metroid reference, BTW :thumbleft: ), if a model opens a member's cam and he's fapping, that's on her if he didn't tip and ask her to open the cam (or is in group or private with her). I've had models I know spy on me when I'm in private. If they keep watching, that's on them. I even know pervy models that open my cam specifically to see if I'm fapping (or to try and goad me into it... and they never tip... damn freeloading models!).

Then again, most of the time I'm on cam I'm being boring or sleeping...

JoleneBrody said:
I do pay for spotify but not the commercial version, I'm not sure if spotify has that option... but you know I'm gonna look into it now, I hadn't thought of that! And as of recently the music in videos became really important to me so I now only use royalty free and creative commons licensing.

Check the CC license before using, though. There are a ton of variations on the license, including non-commercial. Using them in videos that you sell or charge access to on your website would be in violation of that particular set of CC licenses (there are a few different NonCommercial variants).

I like Creative Commons stuff. I release my own videos under CC. But, it's best to check all the parts of the license being used,.

Welcome to the brand new, Unclethursday show everybody...

:lol:

UncleThursday said:
JoleneBrody said:

Teep for my show bibi. :p

I was just catching up and posting, never sure if I had made it in time for the edit window. :shrug

You were responding to things that happened AGES ago. I couldn't even find the original posts 90% of the time to figure out what you were talking about...

SexyStephXS said:
UncleThursday said:
JoleneBrody said:

I was just catching up and posting, never sure if I had made it in time for the edit window. :shrug

You were responding to things that happened AGES ago. I couldn't even find the original posts 90% of the time to figure out what you were talking about...

Yeah... I said I was catching up. As per my ACF score, I haven't been on as much.

For future reference you can put multiple quotes in one post and reply between them. :thumbleft:

AmberCutie said:
For future reference you can put multiple quotes in one post and reply between them. :thumbleft:

Like this?

UncleThursday said:
SexyStephXS said:
UncleThursday said:
JoleneBrody said:

Yeah... I said I was catching up. As per my ACF score, I haven't been on as much.

Bacon.

SexyStephXS said:
UncleThursday said:
JoleneBrody said:

Bacon..

UncleThursday said:
JoleneBrody said:

Bacon...

JoleneBrody said:

Cabbage.

AmberCutie said:
Is there anyway to put in a linkback icon? On some message boards, when you quote someone, there's a link to the post you're quoting. Helps a lot, especially if you're not sure of the context of the quoted text.

AmberCutie said:

Could there possibly be a feature implemented that lets you quote multiple posts in a post?

If you want to quote more than one post in a post (to avoid creating one new post per quote), you have to do a lot of tab-opening and copy-and-pasting. I know this is such a first world problem :lol: , but I used to be on a forum (I think it was also phpBB-based, at least it looked very similar to this one) that had, next to the normal quote button, an 'add to quote' (?) button with a little plus sign - if you clicked it, the post was saved to be added to your post as a quote when you later clicked on 'reply'.
That way you could add several posts rather than just one. This would be practical for members not familiar with Bulletin Board Code, and time-saving in general.

Reactions: SexySteph
LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:

Could there possibly be a feature implemented that lets you quote multiple posts in a post?

If you want to quote more than one post in a post (to avoid creating one new post per quote), you have to do a lot of tab-opening and copy-and-pasting. I know this is such a first world problem :lol: , but I used to be on a forum (I think it was also phpBB-based, at least it looked very similar to this one) that had, next to the normal quote button, an 'add to quote' (?) button with a little plus sign - if you clicked it, the post was saved to be added to your post as a quote when you later clicked on 'reply'.
That way you could add several posts rather than just one. This would be practical for members not familiar with Bulletin Board Code, and time-saving in general.

Lily, when you're replying to a thread if you scroll down there's a section with all the recent replies in the thread you're in. And there's a quote link for each one. So I can reply to you, scroll down a little... and...

AmberCutie said:

Quote Amber... and then, oh Sevrin said something interesting, so I need to quote him, too!

Sevrin said:
AmberCutie said:
Is there anyway to put in a linkback icon? On some message boards, when you quote someone, there's a link to the post you're quoting. Helps a lot, especially if you're not sure of the context of the quoted text.

I LOVE this idea! O_O

Also, I WISH the recent posts in the thread were listed in "edit" mode as well as "reply" mode.

Jillybean said:
Lots of useful information
Holy cow I wondered how people were always doing this! I thought it meant opening another tab and doing it all manually.

Sorry...indulge me here... :shifty:

AmberCutie said:
:dance:

UncleThursday said:
VeronicaChaos said:
I know this has been mentioned, but, when models constantly tweet about their daily goals. "$60 left til daily goal!" "20 til goal!" It's really offputting and makes it seem all about the money. I mean, I obviously have a goal as well, but I keep it personal and use it as motivation to entertain/do my job well enough to make it. I think it's really tacky to constantly remind members that you're looking at the dollars add up first and foremost. Not to mention, it just seems bad for business. If you are THAT concerned about your goal, it seems smart not to do things that will get in the way of achieving it?

Also putting a daily goal in a topic. Especially a non-joking fairly decent amount. Guess what? No member, nor other models want to know how much she wants to make that day. She wants to make $200, $300, $500 in a day? Great. She should keep it to herself. A lot of members who don't like tipping models get the impression they all make thousands a week thanks to some models' topics, and for those members not making near that much, seeing tip goals in topics or Tweets about how she is X thousand tokens away from goal for the day makes them say they don'tneed to tip her if she makes that much.
I totally missed this response because I got so excited about this quoting thing. Until I was scrolling down seeing what I could quote. :lol:

This changes everything!

Jillybean said:
LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:

Lily, when you're replying to a thread if you scroll down there's a section with all the recent replies in the thread you're in. And there's a quote link for each one. So I can reply to you, scroll down a little... and...

AmberCutie said:

Quote Amber... and then, oh Sevrin said something interesting, so I need to quote him, too!
Yep, I think I put that in the "how to" thread, but now I'm doubting myself, but that's the way to do it. Opening new tabs is another option, which I do frequently and it doesn't bother me much. But having an entire page of one person making individual posts for their quote replies... oy!
Sevrin said:
AmberCutie said:
I know that multi quote and linkback quotes are a feature of Vbulletin but obviously not a default feature of PHPBB. When Jawbs and I have time to do a total overhaul of this forum again, we can look into adding a mod that does this, but I can't make any promises.

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet, I just remembered about this forum again hahaha and saw this thread and OH MY GOD
when models clap furiously when they get tipped. For some reason it gets under my skinnn
Also, when theyre like "Good job guys" lolz :snooty:

Status
Not open for further replies.