AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tip notes visible? wot wat wut?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Just saw this in HappyAleks' room multiple tips look like this... a glitch or new feature?

Going to look if there's a new option on the tip window now.

Attachments

• whoa, what.jpg
    whoa, what.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 494
Yup, new option!

What do you guys think? Will you use this?

Attachments

• yup.jpg
    yup.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 486
Oooh, this looks fun. It would be interesting to hear what more members think of this.

I think it will be useful for folks who don't want their tips to go toward a countdown... I think many times when a model says "oh soandso requested his tip not count for xyz" some people don't believe her. But if it comes from his own mouth (keyboard) there's no arguing it.

Or for an encouragement. Like in a tip matching scenario to identify whose tip you just matched, or a "come on everyone let's all chip in 5 tokens" type deal.

Reactions: AedanRayne
DDJessica said:
I like it!!! I just wish we could know which comments are visible to public and which ones only to the models.
Yeah I'd like to know which ones are visible or not. If I can't figure it out for myself when I get on in a bit, I'll try and ask an admin if they're around.

I wonder if "visible in the room" is the default. I noticed this in Yummybrownfox's room last night too. Most members probably use the tip notes as a "pay for" PM. :)

Can't think of a situation off the top of my head that I would use it. Although it might make for some interesting viewing.

Nordling said:
I wonder if "visible in the room" is the default. I noticed this in Yummybrownfox's room last night too. Most members probably use the tip notes as a "pay for" PM. :)
I had to check the box for it, but I wonder if it sticks. LOL if so! :lol: Lots of accidents waiting to happen.

I do not think I would ever use that. My tip notes are for the model not the room.

Reactions: ga5457
AmberCutie said:
Nordling said:
I had to check the box for it, but I wonder if it sticks. LOL if so! :lol: Lots of accidents waiting to happen.
:lol: Yes! Murphy's law says it will happen a LOT!

AmberCutie said:
I think it will be useful for folks who don't want their tips to go toward a countdown... I think many times when a model says "oh soandso requested his tip not count for xyz" some people don't believe her. But if it comes from his own mouth (keyboard) there's no arguing it.

Or for an encouragement. Like in a tip matching scenario to identify whose tip you just matched, or a "come on everyone let's all chip in 5 tokens" type deal.

You're right, i think this is a good option to have, specially in the case where its not toward the countdown so we don't look like we're making it up, or when its for the videos, passwords, raffles, etc. I got a lot of guys trying to correct me for the countdown when somebody tips for the videos

I think it would be good for the members that are afraid of being scammed. They can show the tip note and at least it will help to ensure accountability between the model and member. If model has a goal, such as 50 tokens for pussy flash and the member wants to say something like "for the pussy" when they send it, at least the other members will know if that particular model is legit, by whether she does what she promises or not. I am not referring to anybody on this forum for being scammers, I am just speaking in general. For the ones who want to keep their tip notes private, they have that option. It's actually not too bad of an idea, even though I never go on cam at MFC anymore.

I like my tip notes to be between me and the model, personally, so I won't use this if it's just something like "great show tonight" or "thanks for remembering who I am" haha. But if there are different countdowns or games going on ("for the show Jenga tower..." or "for video set [x], not the countdown"), I can see how this would be helpful, though I've never really thought it was imperative that MFC implement this feature. It'll be interesting to see what people say and how, if at all, models can use a public tip note for new gimmicks. It wasn't really a pressing issue for MFC to address, but we'll see how it works out.

Reactions: SophiaLocke
Normally my tip notes are just meant for the model. I can see how this could be useful though. Mainly as has been mentioned a couple of times already, sending tips not meant for a countdown. That will let the model off the hook of having to say such and such tip was not for topic.

It is very rare for me to even have my tip viewable by the room so I don't see myself using this option.

Makes no odds to those that don't / won't use it, allows others to ensure people know what they're tipping for if they do use it.
A good idea imo, and at times, I will use it because it will be appropriate for why I am tipping :)

LilyPink said:
If we ban someone they can still tip... so could they make their tip note visible to the room?

my first thought also...
sure, its nice that they can still tip... but we banned them for a reason. hopefully mfc fixes that.

I didn't know that tip notes can be hidden!! I totally thanked a guy who sent his tip anonymously but added a note with his name. I thought he was being funny by making it anon. OOOPS!!!

Reactions: DudeExtreme
So, is it true that models don't know which tip notes are public and which ones are not?

RogueWarrior said:
So, is it true that models don't know which tip notes are public and which ones are not?
I could NOT tell which ones the room could see and which were only visible to me. I was hoping an admin would pop online, but no luck.

For a while I opened a guest browser logged into my chat just to see which were visible and which weren't. Funny, I used to do that with actual tips a long while ago. They fixed that, so maybe they'll fix this.

I could see this being handy if a "model ad man" wanted to get others tipping by tipping themselves and showing a tip note like "Here's my XX tokens..where's yours?" or the like. Would be way better than the stupid "model deserves a tip" emotes they post.

Can also make for some fun if done on purpose like Starz Fellaz did or by accident with a cheesey line to the model lol

Hm, I'm not sure if I like this.
What if someone makes a request in a public tip note and I refuse do to whatever he requests? (Like, you know. 10 tokens for a "show pussy bb".) If the other members can see the tip note, won't they get annoying really fast? "He just tipped you for doing xy, why aren't you doing it already?"
:roll:

Are any models worried about five token tippers spamming another models name?

Status
Not open for further replies.