AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Done with chaturbate…

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I feel like we're giving them a girlfriend experience (GFE) on the cheap lol. All this effort trying to understand them and set them straight.
All of us who reply without providing our links to our sites are giving it up for free and they're still assholes to us.

Why should I tip if the model gives it away?
This little gem of a question stood out for me. Why should you tip, if the model gives it away...

How about respect, gratitude and appreciation for what you are experiencing?

I think your statement sums up a big conundrum- if a model sits quietly not performing waiting for tips to come in to start the action, viewers will often label them "boring, lazy and not worth tipping". Then, if they put on a show expecting viewers to start tipping for appreciation, and are met with an attitude like yours... thats not really ideal either, is it?

So, always tip if you enjoy watching whatever the model is doing, dont just sit back and say "well they are doing it anyway so why should i tip"

I feel like this is already written in a thousand gifs all over the cam sites- but once more;

TIPS SHOW APPRECIATION.

This little gem of a question stood out for me. Why should you tip, if the model gives it away...

How about respect, gratitude and appreciation for what you are experiencing?

I think your statement sums up a big conundrum- if a model sits quietly not performing waiting for tips to come in to start the action, viewers will often label them "boring, lazy and not worth tipping". Then, if they put on a show expecting viewers to start tipping for appreciation, and are met with an attitude like yours... thats not really ideal either, is it?

So, always tip if you enjoy watching whatever the model is doing, dont just sit back and say "well they are doing it anyway so why should i tip"

I feel like this is already written in a thousand gifs all over the cam sites- but once more;

TIPS SHOW APPRECIATION.
I just posed the question. I DO tip the "person I like to watch" every time even though frequently nobody else does. And multiple privates. And I'll grab something from the menu in other rooms. I should have stated the question better.

I just posed the question. I DO tip the "person I like to watch" every time even though frequently nobody else does. And multiple privates. And I'll grab something from the menu in other rooms. I should have stated the question better.
But your answer is exactly why "I" tip the PILTW even when I'm the only one.

As far as I can see in every art or entertainment form there are hobbyists. Some of them are really good, they do concerts, exhibitions, movies and theater and some earn money from it. Does it take away money from the professionals? Maybe in some cases, I don't know. But there is nothing anybody could or should do against it. Male camming might be a special case and I can see that it can be hurtful especially because the clientele is very limited. But expecting from them to stop practicing their hobby of free expression would be pretty rude.

And concerning rudeness: "hobby wanker" is pretty rude too.

Nobody said he should stop, you’re missing the entire point. Sorry to laugh but … rotfl. Carry on 🤣.

@MarieElise

well ok then I understood it wrong. But to me it sounded like a lot of criticism towards the "hobby wanker".
a good laugh is nothing to be sorry about. :) Although I don't understand what you are laughing about.

Reactions: Lover31660
As far as I can see in every art or entertainment form there are hobbyists. Some of them are really good, they do concerts, exhibitions, movies and theater and some earn money from it. Does it take away money from the professionals? Maybe in some cases, I don't know. But there is nothing anybody could or should do against it. Male camming might be a special case and I can see that it can be hurtful especially because the clientele is very limited. But expecting from them to stop practicing their hobby of free expression would be pretty rude.

Good post, Freddy 👍

No one was saying they should stop, this was all from pointing out the irony in saying one thing and then behaving in a way that causes that same issue elsewhere.

So with your example it would be more like someone saying "It's so sad that that people wont pay for art" while giving away their art for free. Neither is bad or wrong but it's ironic that someone adding to the issue of the expectation would also feel sad that that expectation is a thing.

Hopefully that makes sense, I havnt finished my coffee yet so still have a little brain fog going on.

It’s also wild to compare jerking off to creative forms of expression like creating music and art.
That's true if you talk about the individual opinion of most people (myself included) towards "jerking off". But as I said in my last post, I might have misunderstood that we are talking only about "Hobby wankers" or as you say "jerking off"-people. I don't know them, never saw them, so I don't talk about them. I was more talking about male hobby cammers. So my post could be disregarded a misunderstanding. Didn't want anyone to be offended.

But concerning art: There have been many attempts to define art. And they all don't work. So there is no "official" or "true" definition of art which is a good thing IMO. Which leaves me with the only possible definition: When the creator says it's art, it's art. Quality or worth has nothing to do with it. When I recognize something as art I don't compare it to other forms of art as you have blamed me for. Neither in quality or worth. There is a lot of art I don't like or even find disgusting. But I was never talking about my taste.

That's true if you talk about the individual opinion of most people (myself included) towards "jerking off". But as I said in my last post, I might have misunderstood that we are talking only about "Hobby wankers" or as you say "jerking off"-people. I don't know them, never saw them, so I don't talk about them. I was more talking about male hobby cammers. So my post could be disregarded a misunderstanding. Didn't want anyone to be offended.

But concerning art: There have been many attempts to define art. And they all don't work. So there is no "official" or "true" definition of art which is a good thing IMO. Which leaves me with the only possible definition: When the creator says it's art, it's art. Quality or worth has nothing to do with it. When I recognize something as art I don't compare it to other forms of art as you have blamed me for. Neither in quality or worth. There is a lot of art I don't like or even find disgusting. But I was never talking about my taste.

I said what I said. It's wild to equate jerking off on camera in a poorly lit room with bad angles simply because it helps them have an orgasm to people who put time, energy and effort into creating different forms of art. Your comparison between exhibitionist jerking off on cam for the sole reason that it gets them horny to amateur artists/musicians/film makers and how it affects their respective industries is way off base. I'd go into further detail, but honestly, it's already been said a few times in this thread and if you don't get it now, you're just not going to get it.

I don't have the time or energy right now to discuss what is or isn't art (and that wasn't what my short sentence you quoted was about), but let's be real, hobby wankers aren't trying to create art.

Seriously. People just read what they want to read and omit everything else, I suppose.m

It’s also wild to compare jerking off to creative forms of expression like creating music and art.
I could see if they were talking about content that a lot of roleplay skill and editing skills were. used. But jerking off live… um no. Ridiculousness. Absolutely laughable.

Reactions: Marceline
I could see if they were talking about content that a lot of roleplay skill and editing skills were. used. But jerking off live… um no. Ridiculousness

100%. Dudes who jerk off on cam because it's their "hobby" don't put anywhere near the time, effort or creative energy into doing what a lot of career models/creators do (or people who have creative/artistic hobbies, like the dude was trying to compare to).

Like, for the dudes on here whining about us having our opinion, you do you. We're not trying to start a petition to get CB to not allow you to do it. Just stating our opinions and honestly, continuously arguing and dismissing what career sex workers (which every person who commented on this subject is, and we all have a combined decades worth of experience between the few of us) is not helping you look any better.

People love to larp as sex workers or stick their toes into our industries when it is beneficial to them, but when actual sex workers state an opposing opinion they're like "lol nah. You're wrong". It's like, tell me you don't respect sex workers without telling me you don't respect sex workers.

If it wasn't for people "jerking off" these sites would fold. 🤷‍♂️
Just my opinion.

If it wasn't for people "jerking off" these sites would fold. 🤷‍♂️
Just my opinion.
If you think this is in any way relevant to the conversation at hand, I don't know what else to say to you.

Wait a minute, I've just realised something, Americans have caught on to what a wanker is!
God damnit now I'm going to have to find something different to insult them with. Maybe I'll copy the Russian ladies and start calling them 'suka' they haven't figured that one yet have they?

Wait a minute, I've just realised something, Americans have caught on to what a wanker is!
God damnit now I'm going to have to find something different to insult them with. Maybe I'll copy the Russian ladies and start calling them 'suka' they haven't figured that one yet have they?
I've known what it means for years. 🤷‍♂️
Suka = bitch
Google is very helpful. 😉

I always wondered back in the day, if anyone in the USA got the joke that was Peg Bundy's "maiden" name.

She was born Peg Wanker.

ETA

If you are looking for a new insult, you could "go Aussie" and call them a drop-kick.

On the surface it seems fairly innocent, but is actually rhyming slang: "drop-kick and punt" .... cunt. :)

Last edited:
  • Funny!
My girlfriend and I started streaming back in February, and we made enough for me to quit my daytime job. Seemed like we were getting more and more regulars, and more and more money week after week at the time, then after the big chaturbate update that added the scrolling menus, our earnings absolutely fell off a cliff. I mean streaming for 4 hours to earn 300 tokens.

We have 35,000 subs, and averaged 300-600 viewers per stream. We still have a good amount of viewers, and even break 1000 often, but absolutely no one is tipping. We even try playing hard to get, and try only offering full bottom nudity in privates, but nothing increases our revenue, not even the lush we bought, which costed us a pretty penny.

We even tried switching to mornings, and it was even worse revenue wise. All the same stats on viewers, but just everyone lurking in the chat, and not tipping. We tried being as dolled up as possible, then tried looking casual as possible. We start in our underwear, we start naked… NOTHING is working. We have multiple tip menu items ranging from 9tkns. Our private rate is 120tkns per minute. It’s not cheap, but I think for two girls, privates at that rate would be easy money.. turns out I’m wrong (whomp whomp). We are down to do anything in public chat if people are down to pay for it, but lately all they want us to do is shove the hatachi up our asses for 1tkn. Number one, ouch. Number two, fuck no. Even worse, people asking us to do it for freeee lmfaooo fuck, instant ban. Think about your actions.

Sorry for the long rant, all this to say farewell. On to hopefully better things.

On a happier note, Streamate seems to be killing it right now, we are making over 100 an hour consistently. We have never made under 100. It is like night and day. Also we don’t see recordings of us finger fucking eachother all over google :h:

If you feel like you want to switch, DO IT!!! It’s the best thing to do for your mental well-being. Makes me feel less like I have an egg on my face hahaha. There’s always an option to go back on there once we cool off and stop hating it. Might take a while though, I can’t lie.
I absolutely agree with you. I have a similar story. I kept trying to grow my account, i went naked, free cum shows etc, Nothing worked. Had my account since January i think. Got 4000+ subscribers and the tokens i got are just a joke. CB is the worst site i ever been on.