AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Plus-Size/Chubby/Fat Models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2013
I just have a quick question. I am a fuller-figured girl, 40DD boobs and I kind of have a belly, I am a size 16 pant, loose size, not tight. I lost almost 70lbs over a year so I'm feeling a lot better about myself, and I have always wanted to do a webcam broadcast, or become a camgirl. I was told that camgirls can earn quite a bit of income, so I guess I'll get to my question

Does being a chubby girl or being a fat girl lower your income potential? If so, by how much? I'd like to know from users!

Hi there! :hello2:

I'm a chubbier girl, at least that's what I like to call myself.
I've got 38C boobies, I forget what size I am officially right now but my waist is 35" so whatever that is. (Why do I know that and not my size? Idk.)

Let me tell ya this. There is always, ALWAYS, going to be people that love the way you look. And, like Newton's law, there will be people that do not.

Does size limit your income? In short, no. If you're willing to keep at it and build up a following and be consistent, you can succeed.
Starting out is hard for everyone. I know when I first started I thought "Oh man this is so easy I'm gonna be rakin' in the money like fuckin' Daddy Warbucks." Oh I was wrong.
I'm doing relatively okay now. I know I could do better if I had the time and resources to be able to dedicate myself to camming more.

So yeah. I hope that helps!

AlyssaFirestorm said:
I just have a quick question. I am a fuller-figured girl, 40DD boobs and I kind of have a belly, I am a size 16 pant, loose size, not tight. I lost almost 70lbs over a year so I'm feeling a lot better about myself, and I have always wanted to do a webcam broadcast, or become a camgirl. I was told that camgirls can earn quite a bit of income, so I guess I'll get to my question

Does being a chubby girl or being a fat girl lower your income potential? If so, by how much? I'd like to know from users!

I'm a BBW and have been doing this full-time for 9 months, part-time for the 9 months prior to that. While I don't earn hundreds of thousands a year, I still make more than a decent living off of the little time I put into it.

If I put more effort into being a better camgirl and if I put in hours like some of the top girls do, I'm certain that I could make the same kind of money that they do, even as a plus-size model.

Korreline said:
Let me tell ya this. There is always, ALWAYS, going to be people that love the way you look. And, like Newton's law, there will be people that do not.

Does size limit your income? In short, no. If you're willing to keep at it and build up a following and be consistent, you can succeed.

Yep, this so much!

Good luck!

AllisonWilder said:
AlyssaFirestorm said:

I'm a BBW and have been doing this full-time for 9 months, part-time for the 9 months prior to that. While I don't earn hundreds of thousands a year, I still make more than a decent living off of the little time I put into it.

If I put more effort into being a better camgirl and if I put in hours like some of the top girls do, I'm certain that I could make the same kind of money that they do, even as a plus-size model.

Korreline said:

Yep, this so much!

Good luck!

Hey Girl :)

I am a BBW model, have been doing this for a little under 4 years.

I am a size 18/20
I am 4'11'' and around 230

Someone's POTENTIAL (IMO) is not effected by there size.
For the most part I think its the effort you put in/and lil luck

If you are really interested I suggest trying out a few sites and see which one works best for you. Some sites work amazing for others, while others are simply a bust.

You will need thick skin no matter what you look like, or size or personality. People will say harsh things. Thinner girls are called to skinny, fat girls are called to fat, small tits, big tits, green eyes, brown eyes, curly hair, straight hair---it really does not matter.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOURSELF.

Yes--camgirls CAN earn quit a bit of money. We can also live paycheck to paycheck just like any other job. Regardless of size.

This is NOT easy money by any means.

AlyssaFirestorm said:
Does being a chubby girl or being a fat girl lower your income potential?

Korreline said it best; there's always going to be people who PREFER someone with different qualities. But there are still going to be those who want exactly what you are. For example, I have TINY boobs. So yeah, that lowers my income potential (because I miss out on those guys who want DDs)... but I get the ones who are into IttyBitties. So you'll miss out on them. If a guy only likes redheads, I'll miss out on HIS income potential. It's all a matter of the way you're looking at it. I've seen HUNDREDS of girls who have Barbie doll measurements, abso-fucking-lutely stunning ladies who just don't have the personalities to make a profit. So don't worry about whether you'll "make it" because the only way to see is to try.

I've been doing this for 11 years now, and I can tell you flat out, even with as recognizable of a name as I've developed, BBW girls will never make as much as thin models. That being said, that doesn't mean that you can't make an awesome living on this even if you're a big girl, you just have to work out a regular schedule, regular fanbase, and find which sites work best for you. For example, if you're really concerned about your size limiting your income, try AllBBWCams, they'll worship the ground you walk on. I also still do decently well on MyFreeCams even though there's a lot of haters, but all the love, support and fans far outweigh the trolls.

I have a theory that i'm the girl with the biggest ass on MFC, lol. 56"

CamGirlKitten said:
I've been doing this for 11 years now, and I can tell you flat out, even with as recognizable of a name as I've developed, BBW girls will never make as much as thin models. That being said, that doesn't mean that you can't make an awesome living on this even if you're a big girl, you just have to work out a regular schedule, regular fanbase, and find which sites work best for you. For example, if you're really concerned about your size limiting your income, try AllBBWCams, they'll worship the ground you walk on. I also still do decently well on MyFreeCams even though there's a lot of haters, but all the love, support and fans far outweigh the trolls.

Just replying to the bolded part only. It's not at all true that BBWs will never make as much as thin models. The market is definitely there, you just have to own it.

AllisonWilder said:
CamGirlKitten said:

Just replying to the bolded part only. It's not at all true that BBWs will never make as much as thin models. The market is definitely there, you just have to own it.

Yeah, lol. Someone needs to explain that to the MANY gorgeous, thin girls that make way less than me.

Chellelovesu said:
Yeah, lol. Someone needs to explain that to the MANY gorgeous, thin girls that make way less than me.

I'm not saying that I make less than every thin girl out there, I'm saying that if you average everything most thin girls make on a site like MFC, and what most BBW girls make there, it's always, always going to be less. When was the last time you saw a BBW in the top 20?

Reactions: LenaSexton
CamGirlKitten said:
Chellelovesu said:

I'm not saying that I make less than every thin girl out there, I'm saying that if you average everything most thin girls make on a site like MFC, and what most BBW girls make there, it's always, always going to be less. When was the last time you saw a BBW in the top 20?

On average, a LOT of camgirls don't make that much. What does the average girl make on MFC? Like 12$/hour?

The average camgirl isn't going to be top 20.

Also, there are a lot less BBWs on MFC than thin girls. Statistically, that means you're more likely to have skinny girls in top 20.

I don't think its very nice to say someone will automatically do worse because of their body size.
This forum is filled with girls of all sizes, and they're all gorgeous girls with the ability to do well.

CamGirlKitten said:
Chellelovesu said:

That's why I said they have to own their market. MFC isn't chock full of BBWs, so the odds aren't in our favor (although there are some that do well for themselves, curvyredhead and pinkpokadots to name two). However, jump on a site like Streamate, JustBBWCams or any content site and it's clear that the money is there for bigger girls just the same as it is for thin girls.

look at the percentage of girls on mfc with the tag bbw right now it's only 1.9% that was only 17 girls! there really aren't that many bbw models so therefore less likely to make top 20.

i know for me i hardly feel limited by my size, if I'm not doing well its due to my bad attitude, low self confidence, lack of motivation, being lazy and just not sticking to a schedule and putting time in.

the girls in the top 20 are a rare few girls that have what it takes to do so. this is something that's more about personality than looks in my opinion these girls can put in long days and stay entertaining and do this day in and day out for a month.

so i want to encourage you to try and have confidence with yourself and you know if you have what it takes and a little luck like redhead said maybe you can be a successful bbw model too.

seems to me from long term observation that the bbw ladies tend to have very rabid fans. i like pretty much every type myself, but most guys seem to prefer one thing or another, so theres room for everyone to turn a profit. yeah sometimes the average size to skinny girls get more traffic, but the bigger girls seem to have just as many regulars that are devoted and actually spend tokens/cash/etc.

tbh finding a fun, smart and interesting bbw model is like finding a gold coin. you just feel extra lucky that you found this amazing wonderful thing (tho in this case its a person, not a thing, but bear with my metaphors) reviewing that, let me do a disclaimer. im not saying that bbw models arent fun smart and interesting in general, just saying that cuz im more interested in a person than a body.

i dont think im making much sense. yay for opiates!

Hi! Im a larger model on MFC! :) I do this as my only source of income (I dont do it 'full time' though).

I do pretty darn well! I personally dont make enough to support myself off of yet, but my needs are higher than most peoples. Im not far off though. You will get haters and trolls - but all girls do. No matter what you look like, there will be assholes. The amount of good guys though VASTLY outnumber the haters.

I can only speak personally - but what Ive found is that yes, I can do well - but compared to other girls on at the same times as me, in the same camscore range - I do have lower room counts than the smaller girls. And most of my income comes from one or two people, as opposed to a more evenly dispersed group. It does take longer to find tipping regulars for me, because Im really not the norm as far as MFC goes. But they are there, and they will find you if you stick it out. :)

Hi! This is my first post here, I just heard about the forum.

I've only been camming for a short period of time, but have done other forms of modeling. I am an in-betweenie, which makes things interesting for me as I am not quite embraced by the BBW-lovers, and generally not considered Top 20 material. What I've noticed in my years of being a chubby gal who relies on a niche market to get business, those who like me REALLY like me. Those who don't like me don't bother trying. I don't know that I could honestly make as much money as either a thin, fit woman or a BBW because I am just chillin' at a jiggy size 12/14 in a body that's just over 30 years old. With camming especially, your personality and the stuff you talk about really draws people in. When someone comes into your room and sees you happily chatting with people about interesting subject matter, sexy or not, it will spark intrigue.

I've only used MFC so far, and my cam score isn't high at all.... I'm only a few weeks in and I was a tad worried about being in that "hole." However, I think people find me with keywords - chubby, bush, goth, punk, fat, whatever... and it's a positive thing! Camscore stresses me out but I feel like it's going to work FOR me in the long run by helping me refine a good group of regulars.

xoxo
v

Reactions: JickyJuly
On mfc I think there is a lack of curvy girls who get high up, like has been said before, each site is different, so you need to find the site with the best traffic for you. In my experience there is a certain "type" on mfc which seems to be girl next door, slim, nice tan, nice arse, and in the top few models there seem to be quite a few girls with very similar colourings. But, with 1000's of models online at the same time, and 100's of models earning a LOT of money every month that "look" is still not a majority in successful models.

I'm a curvy model, I'm not bbw though, but i have extra chubba, I think over the year and a half that I've worked on mfc before like this last few weeks I'd had about 2, maybe 3 negative comments about my weight. This last week I've had loads! I don't really understand seeing as I haven't gained any weight.... meh, maybe february makes people miserable...

For the most part, it has little to do with size, and more to do with your personality, how fun your shows are, etc. I'm a size 20 with a 36K rack - so I get guys who are really into boobs, butts, hips, as well as those like bellies - though that is probably the only thing that makes me uncomfortable. I've had high room counts, low room counts, made 337 tokens in an hour in a half, made 5 tokens in three hours. However, I'm working camming in around a 40-hour/week office job, so my cam schedule is highly inconsistent. If you want to try just selling videos, Clips4Sale has a very successful BBW category, and the first video I sold was me weighing and measuring myself to show the guys how big I am.

I get occasional haters, a guy passing through making a "whale" comment on occasion, but every girl gets some kind of insult - they'll insult thin girls because "I don't like seeing ribs", hair color, eye color, wearing glasses, not wearing glasses, having tattoos/body piercings, not having tattoos/body piercings, being "too tan", being "too pale".

Insulting people for things they can't control baffles me. Just.... Why? Do they have nothing better to do? My viewpoint is that every body type is beautiful if you're happy and healthy.

I created an account to cam with a friend who is a size 3. She's gorgeous. I was telling my regulars about our new account and when we'd be on, and one of them said that he doesn't like anyone smaller than a size 14. Because men actually know what women's clothing sizes mean and can say, "Oh, ew, she's a 12, she's too skinny for me" just by seeing someone on the internet. We never actually got around to camming on that account, but we've cammed on a couple sites (don't remember what they are), and we'd have people who like both of us - who doesn't like seeing two topless ladies? - or people who would hate on one or the other. We'd just ignore them, or ban them if they were being real assholes.

I'm feeling pretty good about what I DO make on MFC, despite the deep appreciation for the "girl next door" type that seems to be prevalent. I'm a fast-talking, chubby, music-obsessed weirdo who wears crazy outfits, gets deep with people about their problems, and makes way too many "that's what she said" jokes. And add being a major perv to that, I'm pretty much the opposite of the girl-next-door. But, I'm psyched on camming and hope to pick it up a little with some new ideas. My living situation is cheap, I'm an excellent thrifter, I have no family to support (other than my big fluffmonster of a dog) so even though I'm sometimes in the range of 10 an hour (even less than that right now, after a rough week), that's an awesome amount for me in this economy with these expenses...

You know, as long as I just don't answer when the creditors are calling.

I'm in the same boat as MissViolaine. I'm about a size 8-12 (depends on the cut, but generally closer to the 12 right now), got me some pretty big hips and boobs, and I have actually not received any negative comments yet. But then again, my room counts are pretty low, so I would wager that I have flown under the radar. I find my major hindrance in camming thus far has actually been:

1. My absolutely shitty internet connection (getting that fixed on Thursday)
2. Bad sound quality (hopefully getting fixed soon)
3. Erratic schedule (working a full and part time job doesn't leave a lot of cam time unless I decide to forgo sleep)

Basically, we all start out trying to cultivate a following and you will get back what you put in. Be personable and interesting, put some time into researching what sort of equipment you should have when you start out, research show and game ideas, and learn how to effectively market yourself.

Reactions: AmeliaArcana
southsamurai said:
just out of curiosity, what is the line between curvy and bbw to the gals? for me its about ratios rather than clothing sizes or weight, but im a dude, what do i know?

I agree with you about ratios because frankly, not all size 10s look alike. A lot has to do with height and build. I've been referred to twice as a BBW, but mostly get comments about being curvy and having a booty. I don't even want to quantify what I think of as a BBW...I guess it's like art and porn. You know it when you see it.

southsamurai said:
just out of curiosity, what is the line between curvy and bbw to the gals? for me its about ratios rather than clothing sizes or weight, but im a dude, what do i know?

I have no clue. Whatever it is, I walk it. Im not quite BBW enough for most BBW fans, but Im too overweight for the curvy girl fans. I tend to just label myself as chubby (though I certainly use the BBW and curvy tags) and leave it at that. Then you get the guys that say that Im more than even chubby, but still not BBW. It doesnt matter what I say or do, its really up to individual perception.

I really think it depends on the person and their tastes. On MFC typically I get comments saying Im too big to be curvy and that I am a BBW. On SM I get comments that Im too small to be a BBW. Probably because the popular 'norm' on MFC is skinny - so in comparison, I am BBW. On SM the environment is different and BBWs can be easily sought out and have their own fans, and there are more of them (from what Ive seen at least), so their are more (girls of that taste) to compare me against.

I have been called a bbw... and while I know I'm currently skirting the curvy line, I'm nowhere close to a bbw.

5'3.75", 147lbs, trying to get back in shape, meaning capable of moving furniture and dancing at through two songs in a row.

southsamurai said:

The line is completely arbitrary as far as I'm concerned, and defined by the individual.

I probably already said this, I can't remember, but like PinkiPixi, I use "chubby." I've had people say "You're not chubby, why does your profile say that?" and I've had people say, "You shouldn't say you are chubby when you are that fat, it's misleading."

Either way, none of those descriptors are negative to me, and I'm all about the reclamation of the word "fat" by fat-positive people! Fat is only "gross" when you're ruled by the media/popular culture :)

I'm a heavier model 36DDD boobies right here. And I'm pretty sure my size does not affect my income. Maybe some other aspect, but I never thought it was about my size. Everybody out there has their own preference and many guys like curvy, chubby, BBW girls. They came to see a real live person. Thats the awesomeness about being a camming. People want something real. So the more you are yourself, the better you will feel and more people will stick around. :twocents-02cents:

I'm a bigger girl of size 14-16 depends on the clothing.

I did ok for myself when I first started but then school took over my life and I faded away from camming. Now that I've returned I have to work hard at attracting new people to my room. It's a slow process but consistency helps, i believe.

I think it's all the other factors (cam quality, personality, etc.) that will help you make the income you'd like. Don't compare success with girls who are thin and more mainstream. If you are satisfied with what you make it's all good and if not then keep working at it or look at other sites to try. My :twocents-02cents: too

AllisonWilder said:
CamGirlKitten said:
Chellelovesu said:

That's why I said they have to own their market. MFC isn't chock full of BBWs, so the odds aren't in our favor (although there are some that do well for themselves, curvyredhead and pinkpokadots to name two). However, jump on a site like Streamate, JustBBWCams or any content site and it's clear that the money is there for bigger girls just the same as it is for thin girls.

Just caught this and thought i would say thank you Allison!

I thought about commenting further, but honestly, I think ive made my opinion on this pretty well known on the forum. And I also think you ladies covered it pretty damn well.

Reactions: AllisonWilder
In my view, you gain regular followers by being comfortable with who you are and just being yourself. Personality is much more important than size. Every body 'type' will attract niche followers - big/small boobs, blonde/brunette/redhead, petite/bbw, shaved/unshaved etc. But members will come back to a model because they had a good time in her room.

I've spent years telling women that size isn't important :) and I'm repeating it for you now. You are who you are - embrace it.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.