AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members "gifting" in a model's chat room...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mynameisbob84 said:
I also think that while camming is ultimately a job and that a model's safety should always be a consideration, it's entirely possible for a model to get to know a member well enough to be comfortable enough to send them something "personal" without having to worry about any lines being crossed
yep, no discussion here.

But this was a case that someone (thrue "gifting") who did not fall in this category could also get that personal gift.

RoxieRed said:
RedHerby said:
PlayboyMegan said:
RedHerby said:
It's also about the general trend here in ACF that's expressed often by models, no contact with members irl, hiding personal details, that it's not personal but just a job. All those things for very good reasons, it's a dangerous world.

And then models are sending personal things to the home of the member, some times much more personal then yours Cootie Shot Glasses.

imho those 2 things conflict with each other.
Whaaaaaat?
How is it any different than purchasing something off of eBay? I don't get it.
Something from eBay is about the thing itself, a book, etc, whatever, It's not about the person who sells it. A personal gift/prize from a model is not about the thing itself but about the person who sends it, eq the model in this case.

Very different at emotional level and imho not contributing to the professional distance between models and members that's also wanted. To make it visual, a pervert drinking from those Cootie Shot Glasses and thinking "Amber's lips did also touch this glass".

It's a few times in this thread, simplified put in my own words: "I like to give gifts to my trusted regulars/friends and they like it" vs "Oops, a stranger or some creep did win the raffle, I don't like it that he/she gets it".

This may not be the right way to say this but I'm trying to anyway:

This sounds like the same thoughts that occurs to a member when we get naked and touch ourselves sensually or masturbate in front of the camera. There is just a level of intimacy implied with this job that we are professionally selling.

Edit: wait, are you saying that when doing raffles (something anyone could win) that models shouldn't offer prizes of a personal nature? Do you think it's unprofessional for a model to offer personal items for sale/not for a raffle?
I may be wrong, but I gathered that sending anything to a member is unprofessional in his opinion, and even worse if it's of a personal nature.

PlayboyMegan said:
I may be wrong, but I gathered that sending anything to a member is unprofessional in his opinion, and even worse if it's of a personal nature.

Damn, then I guess I better ask Paule to send me back the jizzy panties I just sent him. :lol:

RoxieRed said:
RedHerby said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Something from eBay is about the thing itself, a book, etc, whatever, It's not about the person who sells it. A personal gift/prize from a model is not about the thing itself but about the person who sends it, eq the model in this case.

Very different at emotional level and imho not contributing to the professional distance between models and members that's also wanted. To make it visual, a pervert drinking from those Cootie Shot Glasses and thinking "Amber's lips did also touch this glass".

It's a few times in this thread, simplified put in my own words: "I like to give gifts to my trusted regulars/friends and they like it" vs "Oops, a stranger or some creep did win the raffle, I don't like it that he/she gets it".

This sounds like the same thoughts that occurs to a member when we get naked and touch ourselves sensually or masturbate in front of the camera. There is just a level of intimacy implied with this job that we are professionally selling.
Ok, I think we are now at personal perception which can be very different from person to person. But for me it is sure not "like the same", something that happens on my computer screen is so different for me that something that you can hold in real life.

RoxieRed said:
Edit: wait, are you saying that when doing raffles (something anyone could win) that models shouldn't offer prizes of a personal nature? Do you think it's unprofessional for a model to offer personal items for sale/not for a raffle?
I want to apologize for the label "unprofessional" I used in this thread, maybe I can replace it with "not wise imho" ?

to anser your question, if you think it is possible you will think something like ""Oops, a stranger or some creep did win the raffle, I don't like it that he/she gets it" then I think it's "not wise imho" to use personal gifts.

If you are sure that you will never have those thoughts, then it is a very good instrument to make some extra income.

I'm expressing my personal boundaries here, the responses in this thread indicates it's a rare boundary, then just ignore it :)

OOOH. I have an opinion.

This happened in my room a couple months ago. A member was tipping big all night, and after he had purchased nearly all of my content he said, "Next person that tips 10 tokens, I will buy them a video." As soon I read that I said, "Oh no I'm sorry I do not give my content to anyone who doesn't tip for themselves." Well about five guys tipped the ten tokens, and the first one started cheering and everyone clapped for him. The other member (ignoring my statement) tipped 400 tokens to buy him a video and i sat there like this---> :sad1:

I repeated again "I'm so sorry, but I REALLY don't give videos to anyone who hasn't tipped themselves." And then I said thank you and moved on.

Of course I had a message in my inbox later from the ten-token tipper that said, "Thank you so much. That guy sure was nice to tip for me! I'd like Video 2 please!!! :-D " I messaged both him and the big tipper and told them I couldn't do it, and neither one of them responded or came back to my room.

My reasons for not doing this are really good though. I do not want ANYONE who hasn't put the money in to get my content. That's why I don't do raffles, sales/clearances, or deals on videos. If I did a raffle, someone who only tipped 50 tokens could get a video of mine, and I'm just too paranoid about my content spreading around. I think having higher video prices keeps them from getting bought for posting purposes, because they have to fork out a bit to get a hold of them. I wish this wasn't so because I'd love to be able to give them for a prize or for cheaper, but I just can't.

Sooooo I totally agree with not letting members gift other members, especially when it comes to digital content that you don't want spread around.

And don't feel bad Amber. Don't let that one girl (who most likely wasn't even a girl) shake you up. You we're completely right to leave her out of the raffle. She did not deserve a spot! Boom.

RedHerby said:
RoxieRed said:
RedHerby said:
PlayboyMegan said:

Ok, I think we are now at personal perception which can be very different from person to person. But for me it is sure not "like the same", something that happens on my computer screen is so different for me that something that you can hold in real life.

RoxieRed said:
I want to apologize for the label "unprofessional" I used in this thread, maybe I can replace it with "not wise imho" ?

to anser your question, if you think it is possible you will think something like ""Oops, a stranger or some creep did win the raffle, I don't like it that he/she gets it" then I think it's "not wise imho" to use personal gifts.

If you are sure that you will never have those thoughts, then it is a very good instrument to make some extra income.

I'm expressing my personal boundaries here, the responses in this thread indicates it's a rare boundary, then just ignore it :)

I think I understand RedHerby now and I can see where he's coming from. If a model is uncomfortable with a member she doesn't know/doesn't like winning her raffle, then yes, I would agree she shouldn't do the raffle :thumbleft:

PlayboyMegan said:
RoxieRed said:
yep, I did write it down like that, really wrong choice of words from me.

I find sending panties is just creepy, but I see that The_Brown_Fox has fun about the idea that Paulie has her jizzy panties, lets finish this subject with the image that Paulie Walnuts is wearing Fox's panties on his head.

mynameisbob84 said:
RedHerby said:
RoxieRed said:
RedHerby said:
PlayboyMegan said:

RoxieRed said:

I think I understand RedHerby now and I can see where he's coming from. If a model is uncomfortable with a member she doesn't know/doesn't like winning her raffle, then yes, I would agree she shouldn't do the raffle :thumbleft:

I understand RedHerby's point as well. Thanks for sharing that with us!

From the models perspective, there can be some advantages to offering personal things in a raffle. For instance, I have several regulars who do tip but don't have money to tip for certain things that normally cost more than they can afford. I might offer to raffle off those things to give them a chance to win.

Also, personal items are a little different from the usual digital offerings and that difference can help set a model apart and make her raffle unique. There are guys who won't enter a raffle unless it's for something personal. Those are tokens the model might not otherwise be tipped, and I think that most of the time if someone tips for a ticket then models are happy with them winning. In my experience, cases like he one Amber shared (where a person who didn't tip at all and was acting a little funny was gifted a raffle ticket) are rare and of little concern when doing raffles, and I think she handled it well.

RedHerby said:
I see that The_Brown_Fox has fun about the idea that Paulie has her jizzy panties, lets finish this subject with the image that Paulie Walnuts is wearing Fox's panties on his head.

OMG...lol. Sorry, I wasn't talking about Paulie Walnuts. I was talking about a different Paule from MFC who has a few pairs of panties now. :lol:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I noted in my original post that if the person had just tipped to be in the raffle, instead of drawing attention with the "oh woe is me I am a girl who can't tip for the raffle" I would have felt less uncomfortable with the person and them getting the items if they won.

It was moreso the fact that the attention she drew to herself got someone to tip for her that put me off, added to the fact that I've never talked to her before that night. A combination of things.

I am sort of in a mindset where I feel everyone has to EARN what they're getting in some way or another. 1 way is to actually pay for it with tokens. Another way is to gradually become a trusted part of the model's little community of members by being around often and being part of the chat. If a person has done exactly 0 of those things, then I don't really want them to get anything extra aside from seeing the shows I put on in free chat or a smile and a "hello" if they greet me.

I do understand where Herby is coming from. If a model is uncomfortable shipping stuff to strangers, don't offer it at all. BUT I think if a cam girl does do such things, it is reasonable to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis when her spidey sense is tingling. And to add to that, I think it's possible to make those exceptions without coming off like a scam-whore.

Back to the subject of gifting: I absolutely do think it adds to the community feel when members gift things occasionally to other regulars in the room, but I do think it's something that the tipper should run by the model first to ensure it's A-OK with her. :thumbleft:

I had a really regular tip me so a guy who was brand new to my room (and weeks later never returned) could get my videos. I was confused so I found out this new guy had being pming my reg to get him to "trade" my vids for another models so he just decided to buy them for this guy.

I played it off like I was ok with it but I think it bothered me because i don't appreciate the guy trying to fuck me over, he also had rewards points of 3000 and it was 7 vids for 200 that's really not unreasonable if he wanted them.

I felt like my regular was getting scammed and I didn't feel right about it.

Reactions: LadyLuna
The_Brown_Fox said:
RedHerby said:
I see that The_Brown_Fox has fun about the idea that Paulie has her jizzy panties, lets finish this subject with the image that Paulie Walnuts is wearing Fox's panties on his head.

OMG...lol. Sorry, I wasn't talking about Paulie Walnuts. I was talking about a different Paule from MFC who has a few pairs of panties now. :lol:

It's too late. The mental image is there and it's going nowhere :-D

For the record, this is why I live by the motto 'Girls don't play WoW'. It's sort of in general in life. I don't want free shit for being a chick. I don't want to be identified as a chick. I want to be identified on the even playing field of 'person'. (Hell, I don't even want free stuff. Feel uncomfortable receiving anything I haven't earned in some way. At times this makes camming difficult.)

So I may just be biased, in this mindset, but I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with how you handled this situation Amber.

As for gifting, shit, I have like fifteen people in my room generally. I haven't reached that point. Being that all I sell are comics, I would have no issue with this, but if it were for something physical, I can see where that gets messy. (Good thing I'm too paranoid to send anything physical.) Gifting seems entirely situational.

AmberCutie said:
1b: Members, how do you feel about tipping to "gift" items to the other members? Wouldn't it make more sense to just xfer tokens to them and let them tip for it themselves? Is it because you don't trust that the member will use the tokens the way you want them to? If you don't trust another member with xferred tokens, is it then reasonable for the model to not trust this other member with gifted material? Would you require that the member you're gifting to be a regular person in the model's chat room?

2b: Members, do you get distracted by members in the room who flaunt the fact that they're female? Is it just their name or their behavior that distracts you? Do you feel it's unfair if a model prefers attention not be drawn to the fact that members may be female?

1b: I do not really give a fuck about non-tippers, but I want to say I do not include the people who tip when they can afford to in the non-tipper category. The only people I ever transfer tokens to are model friends who want to teep the ladies from premium accounts.

What other people do with their tokens does not worry me.

2b: The only female member I ever cared about was this beautiful woman with short dark hair, who turned her cam on once. She was well behaved and never tried to get people to pay attention to her. It was the model who seemed to enjoy giving it to her, and I do not blame her. She was very nice looking, but had a shitty boyfriend it seemed like.

I have had a few guys tip for others in my room. Lucky enough they never did it for people who were obvious beggars, or cheap a holes. It was always for tippers, or at least regulars who were in my room all the time and contributed to chat always. I think it's extremely nice and adorable for them to do it. It makes me all gushy to see it when it happens.

I dont think i would feel comfortable if they tipped for real life content to someone who just came to my room for the first time, and cried about tipping the tokens. Female or not. Of course every one wants to join in the raffle, duh. But not every one can. I think it was nice to tip for someone else, but he should have asked in this case. At least not made it public. And i think any TRUE female would not go so far as to say "Oh im crying, doesnt that prove im a girl??" No, it doesnt. It makes me think you are surely NOT a girl actually. A girl would have said "oh i understand. Maybe just give them to someone else in your room instead of me. One of your regs who can't afford to tip this round i bet would love to get them." Cause that's what I would have done if it was me.

I have a premium account, and i have tipped many times to girls in the past. Several of you ACF girls have gotten them, and never knew it was me, or a girl even. I never announce "Hey I have a vagina too !!" I don't feel the need to do so. I don't want the attention from it. I prefer it to be on the model. I get suspicious the second anyone does this in my room.
One time i tipped KimYi and she said thanks guy, and i said you're quiet welcome but im a girl. I got a few PMs of course. She loved it, and even called me while she was in her room and on speaker phone so every one knew i was in fact a girl. And a model cause she asked. But at no time did i ever even say who I was. Just another model girl. She didn't ask either. I wasn't there to get guys to my room when I was on. (Had she of asked I would have PMed her of course. But never said in free chat. It's rude.) I got over a dozen more PMs. Tons asking if i would say who i was so they could perv on me too. Right then i switched it to friends only. Girls absolutely get special attention from rooms. I did not want any of that, and just wanted fun. I could have totally said who i was and gotten more tippers maybe, but i just wanted to tip and perv.

As far as girls in my room i have a few who are verified females. It never bothers me. Lots ask if i have any issues with it and i just don't. They are there for the same reason. Some are looking for advice though from someone who does the job cause they think about doing it themselves. Some just wanna chat which is fine with me too. I change nothing about what I do on cam. Though if it was another ACF girl i would probably be nervous lol. Just cause some are so freaking hot though.

First of all, the only person you (Amber) need to take into consideration is the person who tipped. This you did via PM. As for the whiny "girl", she didn't tip anything, so her feelings are irrelevant.

Secondly, regarding gifting, i have been fortunate enough to have been gifted for raffle tickets by fellow members on numerous occasions. One person actually tipped 1500 tokens to the model and told her to write the tickets for me. (Must be my winning personality. :lol: ) In each instance, I had already bought some raffle tickets, and I knew the model in question very well. The models clearly had no problem with the gifting, as it meant hundreds of tokens for them.

:twocents-02cents:

AmberCutie said:
1a: Models, how do you feel about members "gifting" items that you're raffling off/selling/etc to other members in your room? Is it acceptable if it's people that you're already familiar with, or not at all?
[/i]

This has only happened to me with regulars between other regulars. I don't have a problem with that. Honestly, I think your reg was a little out of line to just do that without asking first...anytime I've been in this situation, my tipper asked first, and once given the okay (because it was a friendly regular that just didn't have tokens that night), I was fine with it. And honestly, I can't remember who said this, but I would have just put their name in the raffle and fucking thrown it out if they drew (which the odds were low - I was actually in your room an hour before the drawing lurking and I think I caught part of this situation - and they were people putting in 12 tix at a time - so really? I don't think the karma queens would have been that rude to let "her" win! lol.) I also understand it was an "on-the-spot" raffle that you were drawing in less than an hour and not like a week away...so if you DID happen to draw this person...it would probably be a lot harder to "cheat" on the winner. (Disclaimer - I do not rig my raffles - however, I have been in the situation where someone wins something, disappears and does not contact me or respond to my contacts - so, guess what - you don't get the prize and I have the right to award it to someone else, or not at all!)

AmberCutie said:
2a: Models, do you feel that members who present themselves as females in your room have to behave a certain way to be taken seriously? Do you think you treat members with female names the same as others?
[/i]

If you come in my room and tell me you're a chick, I automatically assume you're an asshat. I can't help it. I have 3 female regulars that tip and participate and hang out and they are awesome. I didn't know they were girls until they had been hanging out for a bit, and I finally asked, or saw them on cam, or they sent me a photo when asked or because of their screen names and the pronoun "he" just didn't seem appropriate. It was like I could tell...because women just carry themselves differently, even in chat! lol

I will admit that one of these female regulars does get a bit of special treatment that is not tip-based. She doesn't tip a lot, but she is always there when I log on to help mod the room, she participates, she tips when she can, she helps keep the room moving, makes snarky comments about basics, etc. I throw in little extras when she wins stuff and she said she will be without internet for a month or two and I did give her my texting #. The other 2 females get what they tip for - one of them happens to be one of my biggest all-around tippers AND gifters so she already has all my stuff, my number, email and chat privileges, etc....and she BARELY takes advantage of that personal contact.

I've been in some of your girls' rooms on my prem account and if I have tokens - I will send a tip note, not posted in the room, that says something along the lines of "Hey, its Molly from ACF. You're adorable!" - I just cannot STAND when a chick tries to bring attention to the fact that she's a chick in the environment that we work in (a model announcing the fact even moreso) - its rude, and distracting and holds absolutely no bearing on what is usually going on in the room. Play the fucking game, tell me I'm beautiful and take me private or tip me to open your cam and then totally blow my mind when I realize you're a girl!!! THAT is FUN!

1a) My room is full of guys who are friendly with each other. They hang out in a members room together when I'm offcam, tweet each other, chat on yahoo etc...and when one of them can't afford a raffle, usually someone in the group tips so they can enter. I think its totally cute and makes me love my guys even more than I do. BUT...if one of my guys wanted to buy raffle tickets for a complete stranger, I'd definitely feel weird about it. I think your feelings are justified Amber.

2a) After the whole Megan debacle (not PB Megan, a member who claimed to be a widowed woman named Megan who had two kids and was a nurse etc to get guys to send her money and gifts and tokens...long story, but I proved that she was actually a man who was using a Hooters waitress's photos on his profile...) I don't trust any member who says she's a woman. Add in the fact that I'm 150% straight, I have little interest in female members anyways. Especially the ones who are overly "I love eating pussy bb, do you like eating pussy?" etc.

RedHerby said:
To make it visual, a pervert drinking from those Cootie Shot Glasses and thinking "Amber's lips did also touch this glass".
Amber rubs the glass on her lips or something before packing it? I did not know that :lol:

AmberCutie said:
So today something that happened has inspired me to write about and ask for feedback on it. There are 2 questions that arose from the scenario today.

SO, here are the 2 questions I'd love some member AND model feedback on:

1b: Members, how do you feel about tipping to "gift" items to the other members? Wouldn't it make more sense to just xfer tokens to them and let them tip for it themselves? Is it because you don't trust that the member will use the tokens the way you want them to? If you don't trust another member with xferred tokens, is it then reasonable for the model to not trust this other member with gifted material? Would you require that the member you're gifting to be a regular person in the model's chat room?

2b: Members, do you get distracted by members in the room who flaunt the fact that they're female? Is it just their name or their behavior that distracts you? Do you feel it's unfair if a model prefers attention not be drawn to the fact that members may be female?
1B) I feel great about "gifting" etc :p as having been the recipient of said gifting (and some have even transferred tokens to me where I'd immediately tip back saying thanks to whoever sent me the tokies). let me just add that, in the room where this happened, I was a tipping regular since the beginning where everyone knew my name. There have been weeks, sometimes up to a month, at a time where I haven't been able to tip and people knew cause while not whining about it (because I know how you ladies hate that and don't care) I'd simply state, that I wouldn't be able to enter the raffle that month or play whatever game she was hosting that day. Sure enough, sooner or later, one of my fellow regs would tip for me to get a raffle ticket or two (heck I even actually one a raffle one time lol) but the thing is I WAS a regular and the guys that tipped for me, were all regs too... and I've tipped for others too. so yes, I'd never gift a raffle ticket or help a member play a game if s/he was a stranger to the room.

2B) no, I generally do not believe members who say they're female until I see them on their member cam :p the few who have proved themselves, I still don't get distracted by. I've seen the room's attention shift to them if the model goes afk for a few minutes but the attention always shifts back once the model, we're all there to see, comes back on cam. I've even seen some shut everyone down by saying "pay attn to Model X, cause that's who we're here to see"

SpexyAshleigh said:
(not PB Megan, a member who claimed to be a widowed woman named Megan who had two kids and was a nurse etc to get guys to send her money and gifts and tokens...long story, but I proved that she was actually a man who was using a Hooters waitress's photos on his profile...)
I would dearly love to hear said long story it sounds like a good one
jI7KDHF.gif

btw when searching for that image I came across the charmingly titled 'How to Use Popcorn for Deer Bait'(sic) it may appeal to some of the vicious bunnyhunters among you, if any of you remain after losing your leader Bocefish

Reactions: RoseCavilla
mynameisbob84 said:
my sarcasm meter just overloaded :( :lol:

My opinion on this is probably heavily influenced by the huge amount of time I've spent in Amberland, but let me lay it out.

AmberCutie said:
Members, how do you feel about tipping to "gift" items to the other members? Wouldn't it make more sense to just xfer tokens to them and let them tip for it themselves? Is it because you don't trust that the member will use the tokens the way you want them to? If you don't trust another member with xferred tokens, is it then reasonable for the model to not trust this other member with gifted material? Would you require that the member you're gifting to be a regular person in the model's chat room?
I enjoy tipping to gift people quite a bit when it's someone for whom I feel a level of camaraderie. I've also felt extremely honored to be the recipient of some gifts from others and while many have been anonymous, I feel it was quite likely someone I held in high regard. I typically prefer to gift an item over doing a transfer because I want control over those tokens definitely going to that model. I have done a transfer to help someone join a group though so it's a case by case. I guess it's pretty obvious it would need to be a regular from that model's room or AT LEAST someone I know from somewhere else that I would feel comfortable vouching for. That said, having been around the proverbial MFC block a few times, I tend to make sure the model has an easy out if she doesn't want to do something. (i. e. Sending the tip for said gift with a private tip note)

AmberCutie said:
Members, do you get distracted by members in the room who flaunt the fact that they're female? Is it just their name or their behavior that distracts you? Do you feel it's unfair if a model prefers attention not be drawn to the fact that members may be female?
I'm pretty terrible when it comes to giving women preferential treatment even on MFC, I confess. It's honestly more of a problem at work, but both there and on MFC I try to mitigate my urges to treat them extra nicely. At the same time, a self-proclaimed female that vies for attention in the room of a model pisses me off EXTREMELY quickly so I'm probably also guilty of holding them to higher standards when it comes to being classy. That said, I'm there for the model and the community as a whole. In each model's room, she's the mayor of that community so it should absolutely be about her. Other girls/models shouldn't even be discussed unless that model brings it up.

AmberCutie said:
I feel find tipping for a regular to receive a gift. They normally meet at least one out of two criteria, 1) they have been tipping in the model's room and/or 2) they have been a great communicator to the room and nice to the model. I try not to use the transfer tokens option because 1) I want the model to know its for a gift to this person, and 2) I always have trouble trying to figure that option out anyway which takes my attention away from the model I'm admiring. I DON'T give to someone who is begging for a gift, but someone who is not expecting it to begin with. When in doubt, I discuss it with the model in PM beforehand. The first time I did this, the model asked me how I knew him. I answered "I never met him. He's super nice to you is all I need to know."

AmberCutie said:
It's someone's behavior that always distracts me: male or female. I support the model's in how she acts toward that member.

AmberCutie said:

Earlier on in my time on MFC I probably would have answered that it's a raffle open to all. If someone tips for someone else so be it. I've since become much more jaded in this area.
Two incidents have drastically changed my opinion. One room I've been going in as a regular for two years now has had a female regular most of that time. She use to get LOT'S of raffles and other prizes bought for her. Something was always strange because the model traveled to that person's hometown a couple times for conventions and offered to meet up. The regular always backed away from that. Several other things never added up but were just ignored for a long time. Finally come to find out it's been a guy pretending to be a woman all this time.

Then the other thing is even worse. One of the main regulars in the room disappeared for a couple weeks. Then we see someone on that account claiming to be that person's brother. And then later another account signed up claiming to be that person's friend. They shared the news that regular had died from a heart attack. They stuck around to chat with his friends, but never online at the same time. They also got TONS of stuff bought for them. I can't even begin to describe all the items and shipments that were made to them. But after about a month people started noticing they were really talking like the old regular, using the same emotes. Stuff like that. Every once in a while something would be said by them that they shouldn't know. It was told to the dead guy, not them. Being in the room every single night every hour the model was online during that time. You get to be quite sure they should not be knowing what they know. (i'm absolutely certain both the new people were in fact one person, the original dead guy) Turns out in PMing with the other regulars others have had similar thoughts and we come to find out this in not the only room they've done that in. A few months later in another room that new 'friend' of the dead guy ends up dead herself. Low and behold a new friend breaks it to the room. If some regular in your room dies and a friend shows up to tell you BAN THEIR ASSES!

***[ Side Note]*** I'll let you in on a rather obvious thing. My family don't know shit what I do on the computer. All my passwords, boot-up passwords and entire hard drives and USB sticks are encrypted with randomly generated passwords. Every single webpage has a different 24 random digit or longer passwords. My family will NEVER be able to sign on to anything I do online if I die. I will simply disappear never to be heard of again. So I no longer will believe scammers doing this in the future. ***[End Side Note]***

So in the time that I have been on MFC I've done a reversal on my opinion. I don't buy shit for someone else anymore. And women coming in I don't even believe unless the model can tell me that she has directly seen that woman on cam with her own two eyes. And even then i'm still suspicious.

So the short answers are, NO i don't buy anything for other members who claim to be females. And yes it annoys the heck out of me if they are just in there to flaunt it. If they are there simply to perv and have a good time contributing to chat then it's not a problem. Or if it's models in there perving like anyone else, fine. But as soon as they start making comments about 'how poor they are' or 'how they'd really like that ticket, if only they could afford it' yeah, then they annoy me.

I think it's fine for members to give things you're selling to other members, assuming they're being paid for. Obviously "trading" videos is not cool, but if you've got a video for sale, and someone pays for each copy, a sale is sale, no? It's certainly a model's right to restrict things to regulars or self-payers, but I'd say that needs to be stated up front if it's something listed as generally for sale. I've tipped for other people before, and a few times I've had things given to me also. True, I don't think anyone's been a total stranger to the model in any of these cases, and I wouldn't be particularly inclined to tip for someone who wasn't a bit of a friend. Still, in general I see it as a positive. It's a tip/sale for the model, and it makes the room a friendlier place. I can see the point that it's maybe not productive to reward non-tippers/whiners, but in my experience, it's usually been for people who are considered part of the room and usually do tip if they can rather than that. I don't enjoy hearing people whine either, and I'm not about to reward them for it.

As an aside, Iris once had a raffle, where you could not buy a ticket for yourself, only for someone else. The only requirement was that the person had to have visited her room at some point. It was a blast.

As to members with female-sounding names, even without taking into account guys who are pretending to be female, I usually can't tell right away if it's even meant to be a female name or just a tribute name to a favorite model. I don't think I particularly treat them differently if I do think they're female. I do kind of like the idea of there being some female members in the room. I just find it interesting and fun. Maybe a different perspective. If they did have the "I'm female, I can't be expected to tip" attitude, that would annoy me, but I don't think I've ever seen that.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
I can see the point that it's maybe not productive to reward non-tippers/whiners, but in my experience, it's usually been for people who are considered part of the room and usually do tip if they can rather than that. I don't enjoy hearing people whine either, and I'm not about to reward them for it.

From the sounds of it I think Amber's #1 reason for not wanting to risk having to mail something to this person was because she was a whiner/non-tipper. I mean, if you're playing a cute game in your chat... Say, "Guess the magic # 1-100 and get a free video." Or something like that. Let's say two of your members are pretty chummy, and they're both guessing. Well, one wins it, but he doesn't really care for the video, and wants to give it to his friend.

That's one thing. And I think that would be fine, and I would be fine with it if it were ever to happen in my room.

Even if I were doing a raffle, and two regulars who are friendly to each other want to buy each other tickets, I would be fine with that. But to buy tickets for a brand new member, who was whining about "I want this sooo bad..."

I guess the key here is that both members are friendly with each other AND they are both tippers.

What I'm saying is I agree with you. :p

I don't do raffles, and I don't sell anything that needs to be mailed. So, the only thing I can really answer is the question of how do I feel about members gifting other members.

When it's regulars gifting other regulars, I think that's awesome. Even if the gift is to a basic who regularly participates in a positive manner. But when someone tips a whiner, beggar, or freeloader, it just encourages them. So, when someone does that, I say "I really prefer if you don't encourage the beggars, but thank you for your generosity!" then I do the flash that was asked for.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Last night someone gifted a roll of the d20 to a member who had previously bought a roll and only got a 1 (I was giving out the # of videos of the side you land on.) When the guy rolled, he got a 10! And then he chose to split the videos with the member who bought the roll for him. This is something I'd definitely allow. The guy had already bought a roll ( at 200 tokens, so it was no cheap game) and hadn't won the best prize and someone else was feeling nice. One guy had already proven he was willing to spend.

Never done this tbh but don't think I have a problem with it. I would only consider gifting to someone I 'knew' if I deemed them deserving

I'm usually too busy watching the beautiful girl whose room I have invaded to pay much attention to other members. Female (or presumed female) members are always, however, going to attract the attention of males in the room as girl/girl fantasies and innuendo come to the surface. I'm cynical enough to know that I don't really 'know' anyone in the room. This is fine by me as it means I can simply concentrate on the camgirl herself which is why I am there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.