AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HUGE SCAMMER ALERT

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AlexLady said:
You're delusional if you think this will wake up the admins.
I think I'm with Alex on this one. It's going to take a LOT of members doing chargebacks for Leo to notice. This model probably hasn't had enough members tip for that.

However, if she's failing to get tips all of a sudden, then word is getting around and eventually; she'll either have to actually start delivering on what she promises (HA!) or start stealing money like every other robber.

Seriously? Another "I got scammed by a model thread, everyone avoid/shame her!".....Aren't there already like 50 of these threads here? This is probably going to sound harsh but grow some balls. If you are old enough to have a credit card then act your age. Move on, click next model, get over your butthurt and keep going. Members scam models just as much (if not more) as models scam members but you don't see as many models posting "block this member he scammed me" threads. Instead of posting waste of time threads like this why can't we post more naughty pictures threads?? That sounds like a hell of a lot more fun to me and a lot less pointless.... Just my :twocents-02cents:

I was under the impression that if you ever did a charge back via your credit card provider MFC would immediately ban you, because to MFC you are acting fraudulently.

from their Wiki: http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Are_you ... t_a_Refund

"You will not be able to buy tokens again.
After we issue a monetary refund, our payment processors must treat the account as "high-risk" in the future and it may be impossible for you to purchase tokens again on this website, even if you make a new account.
This means that you may never be able to have a premium membership again."

BTW someone just tipped her 400 tokens and is now not in her members list. PM'ed him and it was for a public show and he got banned straight after the tip. Current topic is: one AMAZING dog fucking video up for sale ;) CHEAP

BullFrogBlues said:
I was under the impression that if you ever did a charge back via your credit card provider MFC would immediately ban you, because to MFC you are acting fraudulently.

from their Wiki: http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Are_you ... t_a_Refund

"You will not be able to buy tokens again.
After we issue a monetary refund, our payment processors must treat the account as "high-risk" in the future and it may be impossible for you to purchase tokens again on this website, even if you make a new account.
This means that you may never be able to have a premium membership again."

BTW someone just tipped her 400 tokens and is now not in her members list. PM'ed him and it was for a public show and he got banned straight after the tip. Current topic is: one AMAZING dog fucking video up for sale ;) CHEAP

Then Leo is either talking shit or is just plain stupid ...

1)payment processors are independent third parties they won't refuse a card because lazy Leo waives with his mighty hand

2) ip addresses are not static it's even possible to take another or use proxies

I'm guest perving on her right now. Topic is "CHEAP VIDS." There's no sound from her. Some guy tipped her 50 tokens and he was banned 5 seconds later. After she did that, she said "aww thank you!"

I watched for about 15 minutes and those were the only tokens she got. There were about 5 minutes there where no one talked.

My guess- either MFC will shut her down or she'll give up soon enough. I don't even see her making it beyond August 31.

AlexLady said:
If you contact your bank they'll probably lol. If anything, MFC didn't scam you; you got your tokens.

she's still under MFC responsebility...

blackxrose said:
Seriously? Another "I got scammed by a model thread, everyone avoid/shame her!".....Aren't there already like 50 of these threads here? This is probably going to sound harsh but grow some balls. If you are old enough to have a credit card then act your age. Move on, click next model, get over your butthurt and keep going. Members scam models just as much (if not more) as models scam members but you don't see as many models posting "block this member he scammed me" threads. Instead of posting waste of time threads like this why can't we post more naughty pictures threads?? That sounds like a hell of a lot more fun to me and a lot less pointless.... Just my :twocents-02cents:

agreed i've seen the other way around to and i'm sure in the models only section there threads about it more then one to

AlexLady said:
MFC has no legal responsibility over what models do. It's the model's fault if they break the law, or scam you, etc.

theoretical yes but if MFC has been warned by multiple customers and does not even reply..... the "we didn't know excuse is pretty cheap and lame you know"

Belgian said:
blackxrose said:

agreed i've seen the other way around to and i'm sure in the models only section there threads about it more then one to

I'm sure you think very highly of models! :mrgreen:

And yes, MFC almost never replies to emails that just make them roll their eyes.

AlexLady said:
I'm sure you think very highly of models! :mrgreen:

And yes, MFC almost never replies to emails that just make them roll their eyes.

I can understand this kind of threads annoy other models ("yet another model rant thread") but i do know MFC has many legitimate models i enjoy spending time with them i also don't care about the lost money to me a simple reply that states "we're sorry for the inconvience" would be enough but not replying at all indicates that you only care about the money and not the genuine humans giving you that money

I don't think "low" about models after all without models i had nothing to perv on

Yikes. She should just do the fucking shows and stop scamming people. People like her ruin the site for everyone. Guys start to distrust other models and not want to tip them. I don't understand why she hasn't been permanently banned from the site and why she just doesn't do the freaking shows? Lame.

Belgian said:
I can understand this kind of threads annoy other models ("yet another model rant thread") but i do know MFC has many legitimate models i enjoy spending time with them i also don't care about the lost money to me a simple reply that states "we're sorry for the inconvience" would be enough but not replying at all indicates that you only care about the money and not the genuine humans giving you that money

I don't think "low" about models after all without models i had nothing to perv on

Welcome to MFC!

Hang out a bit and you'll find that money is everything to them. You'll get used to it fast.

Raven:
Why don't people stop falling for obvious scams? Hell, I've had plenty of guys cry to me because "I was just trying to help her pay her rent QQ."
Why do people distrust one person for another? For the same reason you're too stupid to judge people individually. :)
Why don't they ban her? Because she makes the site money and she's only a petty little 1500 model.

Reactions: Crustyz
The way I see it, you have two options if you don't want to get caught by scammers.

Option 1: if others are tipping, see what she does about them

Option 2: give a small tip with a reasonable request (check her profile to see if she lists any rates, or simply see if she says thank you)

What is a small tip? For someone with a camscore under 1000, 20 tokens is a decent feeler tip. The higher the camscore, the higher the expected tips. For many guys, a 5 token tip will tell them if they want to continue hanging out with the model. In my room, I offer guys to tip one token and see if I'm scamming- I flash for every tip (of course, one token will get a one-second flash... but still a smile, thank you, and blown kiss).

This is a woman who saw that she can get money for nothing. She did her research, found that tips are not refundable, not many other cam sites allows tips for nothing. With her crappy cam, she signed up for MFC, spends a few hours on MFC offering anything and banning anyone who tips. Quite the scam and all within the rules of MFC. tips are not refundable. She will make a few bucks, and as long as MFC doesn't act will get to keep them. I tip my hat to her. Well I really hope she dies in a raging fire for this, but so be it. Can't say I have seen such blatant scamming, but I haven't looked.

AlexLady said:
Welcome to MFC!

Hang out a bit and you'll find that money is everything to them. You'll get used to it fast.

Raven:
Why don't people stop falling for obvious scams? Hell, I've had plenty of guys cry to me because "I was just trying to help her pay her rent QQ."
Why do people distrust one person for another? For the same reason you're too stupid to judge people individually. :)
Why don't they ban her? Because she makes the site money and she's only a petty little 1500 model.

I'm there for 3 years already and you're right

If I'd gotten scammed with my first token purchase, I'd probably not have bought tokens again - just waited, and watched, and perved, letting others take the risk instead.
I'd be very risk adverse. These threads serve as warning, and education (yes scams happen - but what to avoid/look out for) and reassurance (yes it happens, no you're not alone, but it's possible to avoid it - and there's a fuckton who won't scam).

I'd just prefer these threads had the name of the model in the title rather than "scammer alert". Least that way I could differentiate if there are a few of them - and others will also find them easier too :)

Lastly, this forum is for discussion about MFC. Whilst models doing scams is a nasty side of MFC, it is still part and parcel of the MFC experience if you are unfortunate.
I'm happy to find out more about what happens, than just the smiley happy fun threads of "oh everything is wonderful" ;) It may not be to everyone's taste as they come here to have a smiley happy fun time away from the tards they deal with at MFC, but just ignore the threads and move on :)

Reactions: Keithy
Belgian said:
Then Leo is either talking shit or is just plain stupid ...

1)payment processors are independent third parties they won't refuse a card because lazy Leo waives with his mighty hand

2) ip addresses are not static it's even possible to take another or use proxies

Actually, I disagree. The payment processors are *sensitive* and have been known to deny people who try to buy tokens ALL THE TIME. My card got refused 3 times and my premium account suspended because the name on the card matched the name on my model account. It took me DAYS and multiple emails before they sorted it out and I could actually buy tokens.
The payment did originally go through, but within 2 minutes my account was suspended and I received an email saying my money would be refunded, so even though the payment processors are third parties they apparently do communicate their information to MFC.
I doubt it has very much to do with IP addresses, so unless you're using a gift card on a new account you opened from a proxy, then they very well could deny you any future token purchases.

NoelleBright said:
Actually, I disagree. The payment processors are *sensitive* and have been known to deny people who try to buy tokens ALL THE TIME. My card got refused 3 times and my premium account suspended because the name on the card matched the name on my model account. It took me DAYS and multiple emails before they sorted it out and I could actually buy tokens.
The payment did originally go through, but within 2 minutes my account was suspended and I received an email saying my money would be refunded, so even though the payment processors are third parties they apparently do communicate their information to MFC.
I doubt it has very much to do with IP addresses, so unless you're using a gift card on a new account you opened from a proxy, then they very well could deny you any future token purchases.

Most likely this is an automated process.Most payment processors provide an api for "data integration" so MFC data can be compaired to the submitted data (yours in this case) also this is in the MFC wiki models cannot buy tokens with a creditcard since this will be seen as a fraud attempt(not saying that whas your goal) most likely you're a perv like all of us :mrgreen: oh and ipadresses besides your username (userid) is the only information they can use to ban you (MFC i mean) creditcard processors can (and do) blacklist creditcards in some cases

Belgian said:
Most likely this is an automated process.Most payment processors provide an api for "data integration" so MFC data can be compaired to the submitted data (yours in this case) also this is in the MFC wiki models cannot buy tokens with a creditcard since this will be seen as a fraud attempt(not saying that whas your goal) most likely you're a perv like all of us :mrgreen: oh and ipadresses besides your username (userid) is the only information they can use to ban you (MFC i mean) creditcard processors can (and do) blacklist creditcards in some cases

Models cannot buy tokens on their model account at all.

Models can buy tokens with a credit card on a premium account, but they have to jump through hoops. If they are ever caught tipping themselves, they will be banned for fraud. Dunno why though, the model doesn't get any extra money for doing that and indeed looses 3-5 cents for every token she spends on herself.

LadyLuna said:
Belgian said:

Models cannot buy tokens on their model account at all.

Models can buy tokens with a credit card on a premium account, but they have to jump through hoops. If they are ever caught tipping themselves, they will be banned for fraud. Dunno why though, the model doesn't get any extra money for doing that and indeed looses 3-5 cents for every token she spends on herself.

Prevent the "tipping herself so she can get a better cam score, go to the first page and etc" scenario? Which I dont see as a smart move from both ends because that is like a clothes company renting a better spot at the mall, no? Making and getting regulars (loyal costumers) is another story.

MrRodry said:
Prevent the "tipping herself so she can get a better cam score, go to the first page and etc" scenario? Which I dont see as a smart move from both ends because that is like a clothes company renting a better spot at the mall, no? Making and getting regulars (loyal costumers) is another story.

Speaking as someone who has worked in apparel for nearly 20 years, I can confirm that clothing companies do spend money (often in the form of rebates to retailers, but also occasionally in the form of payoffs to buyers and store executives) to secure better spots in stores. They will also sell clothes for little or no profit to some locations if it helps them gain brand visibility in the market as a whole. Nor is it a bad idea, in every case, for models to tip themselves. It's called marketing. It's always a calculated gamble, and it usually costs money.

Reactions: MrRodry
Sevrin said:
MrRodry said:

Speaking as someone who has worked in apparel for nearly 20 years, I can confirm that clothing companies do spend money (often in the form of rebates to retailers, but also occasionally in the form of payoffs to buyers and store executives) to secure better spots in stores. They will also sell clothes for little or no profit to some locations if it helps them gain brand visibility in the market as a whole. Nor is it a bad idea, in every case, for models to tip themselves. It's called marketing. It's always a calculated gamble, and it usually costs money.

Thanks. So we can say that is only a bad move to MFC then? Prevent models to invest in themselves using their own credit cards and model account? I posted that thinking about studio models and their weird cam score fluctuations.

Well I, I saw a model on another site revealed tipping herself and the scam was that anyone who tipped, this "other guy" would tip 10x the amount. Well the "other guy" was the model tipping themselves - had found some way I think on this other site of tipping their own earned tokens back to themselves.

It's hard to imagine exactly how useful it would be on MFC - but it's just a little bit like having some stooge in the audience who's part of the act when doing a magic show.

As for scams and cons, I agree people should be more wary, and I also agree MFC probably won't do much if anything about it.

However, I can't bring myself to defend the model's right to scam, as if naivety is a valid excuse to steal from someone. Further, I think the money she makes MFC is probably less than the overall revenue and reputation her kind of scams detract from the site.

If I was running a successful business I wouldn't want a scammer among my customers, even if I got a cut.

MrRodry said:
Sevrin said:
MrRodry said:

Thanks. So we can say that is only a bad move to MFC then? Prevent models to invest in themselves using their own credit cards and model account? I posted that thinking about studio models and their weird cam score fluctuations.

MFC makes a cut on every token, no matter who buys it or tips it. If I buy them, they make a cut and they make a cut if a model buys them on a perv account. While MFC's reputation as a bastion of integrity and fair play and a shining light in the darkness that is the camsite industry might be diminished by the practice, I doubt they lose a helluva lot of sleep over it.

Jupiter551 said:
Well I, I saw a model on another site revealed tipping herself and the scam was that anyone who tipped, this "other guy" would tip 10x the amount. Well the "other guy" was the model tipping themselves - had found some way I think on this other site of tipping their own earned tokens back to themselves.

At least one model has stated right here on these forums that she tips herself. That part in bold is the difference between that being a scam and being marketing. It's not an accusation that should be based on an assumption. On MFC, whether it's 10x a perv's tip or tokens tipped offline, the tokens cost the same.

Reactions: MrRodry
Perhaps AlexLady and blackxrose should take their own advice: If you don't like this thread, then don't read it :p

And as for the excuse that "members scam models all the time, so why should we care if a model scams a guy?", that is pure BS. Just because "everyone else is doing it", that doesn't make it right.

She's stealing plain and simple

Reactions: Mork
blahblahblah said:

Agreed.

Is it okay to steal from little old ladies because they're frail? No.

Is it okay to steal from guys because they fall for it? No.

Jupiter551 said:
blahblahblah said:

Agreed.

Is it okay to steal from little old ladies because they're frail? No.

Is it okay to steal from guys because they fall for it? No.

This. Not cool, not okay. my main issue is that doing this to people makes you a shitty person in my book.

Also, the girls that do things like this are making people wary of tipping other girls who promise them things for their tokens (which is almost every girl on the site). It is our job to do things -mostly sexual, sometimes not- for money. If we don't do what we say we will but are getting paid for it anyway, then it's scamming. i feel bad for the guys who lost money over it, and hope they realize that people like her are in the minority on the site.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.