AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"WebcamTutorials" and Kool Ray. Helpful? No. Comical.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Things Members Say That Make You Go "WTF?"

AmberCutie said:
I suppose you're right on the part I bolded. But I do wonder what his upcoming topics will be. Seems to me both of the vids right now are about the same damn thing.

And I also suppose that if a soon-to-be camgirl is clueless/naive enough to take his vids seriously...
Based on his current progression, by episode 4 they will simply devolve into 4 minutes of awkward shoutouts.

It strikes me that where "Kool-Ray" is coming from is he only watches PBS children's programming and in an implicit case of misogyny, he looks at women as basically children who must be informed of [bad advice] in the most simplistic way possible. I'm surprised he didn't incorporate "funny noises" into his videos.

Canadians everywhere should tell him to just stop--he's making Canada look bad. :)

Nordling said:
It strikes me that where "Kool-Ray" is coming from is he only watches PBS children's programming and in an implicit case of misogyny, he looks at women as basically children who must be informed of [bad advice] in the most simplistic way possible. I'm surprised he didn't incorporate "funny noises" into his videos.

Canadians everywhere should tell him to just stop--he's making Canada look bad. :)
He's the video maestro behind Prestige Worldwide (...wide...wide)

I saw his second video last night. I had a rather fun parody in mind but the video was already posted here :(, I decided that he is already doing a self-parody :), so I won't bother.

The thing that made me roll my eyes about Koolrays vid was when he'd written "Look into the camera" or something like that and said "if you can't read it says 'look into the camera' "

Now I know there are people who can't read etc, but um.... yeah.

Jupiter551 said:
Based on his current progression, by episode 4 they will simply devolve into 4 minutes of awkward shoutouts.
Based on the vibe I got from the video episode 5 will be "so and so follows me on twitter, she wants the dick, that one follows me too, she wants my babies" and so on.

Reactions: Nordling

WTF

Nobody on here appreciates cool graphics...

And by cool graphics I mean some stars and 1980's-esq Star Wars text...

A long long time agoooo
In a galaxy far far away....
I taught you aboot being a good Camgirl...

There's now a third one :( i tweeted about the first two last night and he found my tweets (even though he isn't following me) and he got a little butthurt. Apparently he didn't read the rest of my feed that made fun of them quite a bit, because he asked me to help him with new video ideas and tweeted me the new video today. He's so...sad. And clueless!

SophiaLocke said:
There's now a third one :( i tweeted about the first two last night and he found my tweets (even though he isn't following me) and he got a little butthurt. Apparently he didn't read the rest of my feed that made fun of them quite a bit, because he asked me to help him with new video ideas and tweeted me the new video today. He's so...sad. And clueless!

Does this mean you aren't going to arrange for Kool Ray to have a special appearance as the keynote speaker at the Cam Mansion during the after party? :eek: :shock: That is so disappointing I may not even go to the party. :liar:

I wonder if he is an AFC member?

Reactions: SophiaLocke

SophiaLocke said:
:lol: :lol: Sweet Dee and JessiD made the shout outs on that one hah.

Reactions: Jupiter551

SophiaLocke said:

He is against music in this one, and laptops as well it seems. I think he has a Fox News anchor fetish and his final objective is to get models to sit in one spot staring at the camera reading the news.

The next vid is going to be a Star Wars-esq scrolling of his "vetted" Canadian Camgirls names

Check it oot!

I'm surprised KoolRay has descended upon us yet, he strikes me as the type to google himself frequently. Who wants to edit a rebuttal video if I narrate it? (My animation skills pale in comparison to Rays) I also volunteer, for the sake of the project, my camroom to demonstrate top model techniques like sitting in a silent room making intense unwavering eye contact with my webcam ;) )

I watched the new one! To be fair to the guy, the stuff he covered in this one, while basic, seemed fundamentally correct. Lighting from behind the camera and not having the mic set up between two booming speakers seems like decent advice.
I think the problem with his videos, more than the content, is the delivery. It's all very condescending and he does speak down to his audience like they're children. The other problem is, he's not a cam girl and having a basic grasp of lighting and camera placement doesn't exactly put him in a position of authority to tell cam girls how to do their job.
And the shoutouts are still hilariously cringe-worthy.

He might actually benefit from looking at a forum like this and actually speaking to a few of the cam girls who post here and taking on board their advice and then implementing that into his videos (assuming they'd be willing to impart their advice on him). And be less condescending. And stop putting the Top 20 at the top of each video (how does that help anyone?). And make the shoutouts less awkward. And tone down the silly effects and corny jokes. I mean, it would be a different show at that point, but that wouldn't be a bad thing :-D

It's so funny, just so funny. But so so awful. One of us should do a really patronising one on how to be an mfc member! and then do shout outs to everyone on here!

I'm also surprised he hasn't found this forum/seen his name come up yet. Only a matter of time I guess.

And yeah, get better lighting etc, um yeah, true, good lighting is good, and yes, some girls have terrible lighting/cams, technically saying good lighting is important is good advice, but it's fucking obvious advice, and does not mean you're suddenly going to become a top 20 model! I don't understand the going through the list of top 20 models, maybe if he went into their rooms and used examples of what they do (not that I condone recording material at all) then it would be more relevant.

The weird sounds, the shout outs, they're just so embarrassing. Actually it's his voice that I find so cringeworthy! The laughing at his own jokes, it really does sound like he's speaking to toddlers.

It's one of those things, it's half entertaining but half I want to drill holes in my ears. I feel sorry for him in a way. He is just so completely clueless!

It must kinda suck to have 1 positive and 10-15 negative ratings on all your videos after obviously spending quite some time making them. But damn, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't make videos on them or at least make sure they don't get spread. On a camming forum. ... By Lily.

LilyMarie said:
It must kinda suck to have 1 positive and 10-15 negative ratings on all your videos after obviously spending quite some time making them. But damn, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't make videos on them or at least make sure they don't get spread. On a camming forum. ... By Lily.
you're just jealous you won't be getting a shoutout because he doesn't like anal :whistle:

Re: Things models say that make you go "WTF?"

From youtube, guess which video :lol:
Evvie Andrews 35 minutes ago
Why the fuck do you show the top 20 models of every day in all your videos? How is that relevant to anything? If someone wanted to see any of the Miss MFC winners (like literally any of them going back years) they can just look on the website. And you should consider asking models whether or not they are comfortable with your "shout outs" at the end. You shouldn't assume that people are comfortable with being associated with your projects.

Jupiter551 said:
Why the fuck do you show the top 20 models of every day in all your videos? How is that relevant to anything? If someone wanted to see any of the Miss MFC winners (like literally any of them going back years) they can just look on the website. And you should consider asking models whether or not they are comfortable with your "shout outs" at the end. You shouldn't assume that people are comfortable with being associated with your projects.
He's responded to that comment saying that models tell him directly that they love shout-outs and "Keep in mind these are all stage names and not their real names. These names are in no way connected to real life." I must say, i am shocked to learn this, i thought all models used their real names...what am i to do now when i meet fistass4ubb13879?

As to his third video, i once tipped a models light so screw that 'no light at camera' rule, maybe that's what we want!! We want boobs and we want lightbulbs!

16_bit said:
Jupiter551 said:
He's responded to that comment saying that models tell him directly that they love shout-outs and "Keep in mind these are all stage names and not their real names. These names are in no way connected to real life." I must say, i am shocked to learn this, i thought all models used their real names...what am i to do now when i meet fistass4ubb13879?

As to his third video, i once tipped a models light so screw that 'no light at camera' rule, maybe that's what we want!! We want boobs and we want lightbulbs!
Oh gawd he's so clueless he doesn't realized that models are * embarrassed* to be associated with him, not upset about personal information being revealed. Jeez there's no helping some people.

AmberCutie said:
16_bit said:
Jupiter551 said:

Oh gawd he's so clueless he doesn't realized that models are * embarrassed* to be associated with him, not upset about personal information being revealed. Jeez there's no helping some people.
His voice makes my vagina crawl back up into itself.

Jupiter551 said:
lol I'm fucking sending him an MFC mail with a list of models who want shoutouts, and JJ is at the top, followed closely by Sophia :D

I'm trying secure the rights for his youtube videos for my new cable show. America'sCanada's stupidest people.

I'm going to use this sophisticated technique of having a crawler, with selected quotes from this thread, run at the bottom.

Ok........confession time! Who keeps saying nice things to Kool Ray on Twitter?? lol. Because if you remember from his first vid he said if people say nice things to him on there he'll make more. Now he's gone and posted a 4th about an hour ago! Dude stop making these dumb-ass vids and go to your true calling, making infomercials. Cuz you sure as hell have the right cheesy infomercial type voice for it, lol.

sahi said:
Ok........confession time! Who keeps saying nice things to Kool Ray on Twitter?? lol. Because if you remember from his first vid he said if people say nice things to him on there he'll make more. Now he's gone and posted a 4th about an hour ago! Dude stop making these dumb-ass vids and go to your true calling, making infomercials. Cuz you sure as hell have the right cheesy infomercial type voice for it, lol.
oh dear. :woops:

sahi said:

I just saw the new one. He's starting to oversimplify (if he wasn't already). Big tippers, and steady tippers engaged in bitter war for a model's attention (which can only be bought with tokens - 30,000 tokens for 30 minutes is the going rate apparently - although wouldn't a 30 minute true private be much less than 30,000 tokens?), "haters" looking to undermine them both and steal the broad's attanetion by being mean... it's starting to get a bit silly :snooty:
(I will still watch the next instalment though :?)

Status
Not open for further replies.