AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things models say that make you go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaun__ said:
Ataboy said:
'Beuowolf, 'Gilgamesh', or 'The Odyseey'?" She replied "What do you mean...what are those?" Definitely made me hope..for her sake...that she can stay in "camming shape" or sell her videos for many years to come...SIGH!

What does knowing anything about those have to do with being successful with life? Seems like that knowledge would just be run of the mill trivia, and of no use outside of Jeopardy.
Hey, hey, hold on. Now you're just swinging to the other extreme of snobbishness. Just because he was being a douche doesn't mean you have to be a phillistine. Literature, apart from being a serious field of study, is art - and appreciation of art is its own reward. Relegating some of the most important and earliest written sagas created by humans to being no "use" outside a game show is preposterous.

Not what she said, but I noticed that a cam model, who I know from outside MFC, is using her last name as part of her cam name. And tell the city where she lives in her Amazon wishlist :roll:
Sometimes I think people are just asking for trouble :(

Jupiter551 said:
Shaun__ said:
Ataboy said:
'Beuowolf, 'Gilgamesh', or 'The Odyseey'?" She replied "What do you mean...what are those?" Definitely made me hope..for her sake...that she can stay in "camming shape" or sell her videos for many years to come...SIGH!

What does knowing anything about those have to do with being successful with life? Seems like that knowledge would just be run of the mill trivia, and of no use outside of Jeopardy.
Hey, hey, hold on. Now you're just swinging to the other extreme of snobbishness. Just because he was being a douche doesn't mean you have to be a phillistine. Literature, apart from being a serious field of study, is art - and appreciation of art is its own reward. Relegating some of the most important and earliest written sagas created by humans to being no "use" outside a game show is preposterous.

I love reading and literature, but I don't think that someone who hasn't read specific works of literature is unable to hold a job outside the adult industry. Like, it's great to be educated on those works, but it's not going to really "achieve" anything unless you're working in the field of literature. That's how I interpreted his comment, anyway.

MadisonLeigh said:
I love reading and literature, but I don't think that someone who hasn't read specific works of literature is unable to hold a job outside the adult industry. Like, it's great to be educated on those works, but it's not going to really "achieve" anything unless you're working in the field of literature. That's how I interpreted his comment, anyway.
Right but you could say the same about any creative art - what do you *achieve* by watching the Avengers, listening to Mozart or going to an art gallery? Nothing, because achievement is beside the point - it's about the experience of enrichment, enjoyment, understanding, a direct communion with our ancestors 1200 years ago...etc.

Would be a very boring world, and a boring life, if we only interested ourselves in things that fill our bellies and keep us warm. I understand what he's trying to say, but having heard what he *IS* saying over years and from various people, I feel compelled to challenge it.

Knowledge doesn't need a sake, or a use, or to justify itself.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Jupiter551 said:
Shaun__ said:
Ataboy said:

Most knowledge is of little practical use outside of select fields. My knowledge of industrial control systems would be of little use in most jobs. Should I feel superior and mock you because I can look at a system with miles of wires and understand how it works, and you cannot? No, I should not do that. Most people, truthfully even most electricians, have zero use for my knowledge. I however find it incredibly interesting, and will read articles about it in my free time if it looks like it could expand my knowledge.

Jupiter551 said:
Right but you could say the same about any creative art - what do you *achieve* by watching the Avengers, listening to Mozart or going to an art gallery? Nothing, because achievement is beside the point - it's about the experience of enrichment, enjoyment, understanding, a direct communion with our ancestors 1200 years ago...etc.

Would be a very boring world, and a boring life, if we only interested ourselves in things that fill our bellies and keep us warm. I understand what he's trying to say, but having heard what he *IS* saying over years and from various people, I feel compelled to challenge it.

If you read the post Ataboy posted you should have seen him saying her lack of knowledge was going to affect her professionally. This is total bullshit. We are not talking about a warm glow spreading from your soul, we are talking money. Art, literature, and history jobs need this knowledge, for most other people it is optional. The artistic world is a huge ever expanding space, and nobody will ever see all its wonders in the space of one life. You can lead a fulfilled life never reading these poems.

Also you misspelled "phillistine". :snooty:

Shaun__ said:
If you read the post Ataboy posted you should have seen him saying her lack of knowledge was going to affect her professionally. This is total bullshit. We are not talking about a warm glow spreading from your soul, we are talking money. Art, literature, and history jobs need this knowledge, for most other people it is optional. The artistic world is a huge ever expanding space, and nobody will ever see all its wonders in the space of one life. You can lead a fulfilled life never reading these poems.

Also you misspelled "phillistine". :snooty:
Yeah what he said was stupid, and snobbish, no argument there. I studied literature at uni and got really tired of every second person, and particularly older relatives, asking me what *use* it was going to be in a career. That's called missing the point, so is implying you need to know about it to be smart for that matter, but still - don't be as bad as ataboy.

Art, literature, and history jobs need this knowledge, for most other people it is optional.
So if those jobs didn't exist it would be okay to just let such "useless" knowledge die out?
See even that statement misses the point - you're implying that if it wasn't for art, literature and history studies, the knowledge would be useless, when actually it's the other way around. There are art, literature and history as fields of study specifically because they're worth studying.

While your knowledge of industrial control systems might be very specific to your job, the knowledge itself exists outside that practical aspect because I suspect it is a facet of broader knowledge that is an application of principles understood to represent how electrical current works? Polarity, circuitry etc? I dunno what it is exactly but I suspect everything about it actually has to do with science rather than specifically JUST your job

Reactions: camstory
:sleepy1: :eek:rcs-buttshake: :sleeping-boring: :text-offtopic: :text-merryxmas: :text-threadjacked: :violence-axechase: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-explosion: :banana-fingers: :banana-guitar: :banana-jumprope: :banana-linedance: :banana-ninja: :banana-parachute: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-skier: :banana-stoner: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench: :animals-worm: :animals-sheep: :angry-tappingfoot:
:whistle:

In the olden days on adultwork when there was only booked shows and no pay per minute, everyone was obsessed with 'time watchers' and girls used to have on their profiles that they wern't a time watcher. One girl had it in her F.A.Q with the question asking if she time watched and her answer was that she didn't because she had a timer to do it for her, haha! :woops:

Jupiter551 said:
So if those jobs didn't exist it would be okay to just let such "useless" knowledge die out?

My job is one of the cornerstones of modern civilization, and without it the world you know would crumble to dust. You do not need to know how the Morlocks keep things ticking over to enjoy your Eloi lifestyle. That makes my knowledge of little practical use to you. It is important, but you never need to worry about it, just flip your switches and push your buttons.

Art is different though, it is something born from a person's soul. You have no need to teach it to people. What those jobs do is chain the soul and force it down socially accepted paths of expression. I would cry no tears if art was set free of the past, because the future is unlimited and new wonders would arise in time. Also, thankfully, based on trends starting with the oldest know sculpture it will be full of nude women, the most beautiful thing known to men.

xpjDD.jpg

Reactions: LadyLuna
Ataboy, every time I read one of your posts I'm seeing "WAAAHHH!!! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH!!!" It's not normal for a man to whine this much. I guess if you're gonna complain all the time about MFC models, this would be the appropriate thread to do it in, but still.....

The way you talk, it's like MFC models can't do anything right, in your eyes. I think I will have a heart attack if I ever see you say something POSITIVE (back-handed compliments don't count) about just one model.

I remember your rant a while ago about people using the phrase "friends list," and you damn near lost your mind when I said it's a privilege to be on it. I guess models (on this forum and in their own chat rooms) have to tiptoe around your feelings now, huh?

Reactions: Nordling
Room Topic: hi im lame

Seeing how she was in a full room with a 11034.3 scam score and her funny profile I doubt that statement is true.

waogo said:
Shaun__ said:
Room Topic: hi im lame

Seeing how she was in a full room with a 11034.3 scam score and her funny profile I doubt that statement is true.

Unlikely, but perhaps she meant she had hurt her leg and could not walk? haha... nah.

I stared at her brea..., I mean I did research to find out if you are right and gathered this evidence. She seemed to have no difficulty walking.

PiHVg.jpg

Reactions: SoTxBob
Shaun__ said:
Art is different though, it is something born from a person's soul. You have no need to teach it to people. What those jobs do is chain the soul and force it down socially accepted paths of expression.
Wow. Uhh...no.

Reactions: camstory
Jupiter551 said:
Shaun__ said:
Art is different though, it is something born from a person's soul. You have no need to teach it to people. What those jobs do is chain the soul and force it down socially accepted paths of expression.
Wow. Uhh...no.

So only people who get "A"s in art class can make art. Your opinion has been noted. Outsider art is just as relavent as the factory produced stuff. Now you sound snobbish.

the English term "outsider art" is often applied more broadly, to include certain self-taught or Naïve art makers who were never institutionalized. Typically, those labeled as outsider artists have little or no contact with the mainstream art world or art institutions. In many cases, their work is discovered only after their deaths. Often, outsider art illustrates extreme mental states, unconventional ideas, or elaborate fantasy worlds.

I can'r remember the context, but Joan of Arc was mentioned in a models room. She responded with "Wasn't she the one the with all the animals?"

Come on...how am I supposed to respond to that?

Ataboy said:
I can'r remember the context, but Joan of Arc was mentioned in a models room. She responded with "Wasn't she the one the with all the animals?"

You could have explained and told her it was a historical example of men tearing down a strong woman they could not control.

Ataboy said:

Oops..I can'T remember the context...typo!!

Ataboy said:

OMG, I know! MFC is supposed to REJECT a model application if the applicant fails the 'Women burned at the stake' portion of the test! But they accepted her as a MFC model anyway?! Bastards!!!

Room Topic: Queen of femdom! yea female domination,male submission,humiliation,pa00Bin,cbt,ballbusting,cuckol00Bding.

I do not know WTF several of those things are, but my penis instinctively fears them
e5iEY.gif
. Does anyone know the safe word?

Shaun__ said:
I do not know WTF several of those things are, but my penis instinctively fears them
e5iEY.gif

I remember years ago seeing a Craigslist ad about ballbusting. Some guy wanted to pay a woman to wear heels and kick him in the balls for 2 hours.

Reactions: Nordling
The_Brown_Fox said:
Shaun__ said:
e5iEY.gif

I remember years ago seeing a Craigslist ad about ballbusting. Some guy wanted to pay a woman to wear heels and kick him in the balls for 2 hours.

:eek: :crybaby:

LOL @ Jupiter jumping in this argument and making things way more complicated than they were. Look, you can appreciate art in any forms and sure, having knowledge of it is nice, but the main point is that he thought less of a girl because she didn't know a word for it's original meaning, which it rarely used for these days. On top of that, mentioned something to the tone of "lol glad she's a cam girl cuz she's too dumb to get a smart person's job because she doesn't know what an Epic is" (sorry I paraphrased.) So when someone pointed out that having knowledge of old poetry or literature may not really have much of a purpose aside from just knowing it... he was much more on topic than you, even if not completely accurate to your standards.

So please, Jup, I luves ya, but why did you have to exercise your argumentative muscle?

NO, wait, don't answer that. We're getting back on topic. No more discussion about this, or I'll go Babylonian on your asses.

Jupiter551 said:
MadisonLeigh said:

I'm in total agreement with you, though. I think you're either misunderstanding me, or arguing with me for the sake of arguing. I'm very passionate about the importance of art and I'm trying to get that across in what I'm saying. But I refuse to believe that if you're not knowledgeable about art then you're a stupid person who can't hold down a job. It doesn't have a direct correlation to job success, because it doesn't have a direct applicable "use". That's what I'm trying to say re: Ataboy's little rant about epics. When a former cam girl goes to a job interview for a vanilla job, I don't think the interviewer is going to ask about whether they've read The Iliad, unless it's a job related to literature. I'm sure there are plenty of doctors and lawyers who haven't read The Iliad.

Like, if someone doesn't know how to read, that would negatively impact their future. It's probable that they could have a low paying job and be unable to support themselves, because of this skill they lack. If someone hasn't read Beowulf, you can make an argument that they are missing out on an experience that would enrich their life, but they can probably get through life just fine without it. Maybe they enjoy reading Harry Potter instead. Doesn't mean that reading Beowulf is a waste of time, it just means that consuming that specific piece of media is not an indication of their intelligence.

Am I getting my point across at all ? I really love and appreciate art, music, and literature, I would never want to live in a world where those things aren't valued. But I don't want to live in a world where people think that they get to be some arbiter of taste and intelligence because they've read The Odyssey.

Ataboy said:

Yep, Joan of Arc was Noah's wife. Its in the Bible, somewhere in the front.

Shaun__ said:
Ataboy said:

You could have explained and told her it was a historical example of men tearing down a strong woman they could not control.

FTW!

Reactions: Shaun__
I'm really sorry to come back to this but I was just listening to selective shorts on NPR the other day and they were reading "The Sphinx" by Edgar Allan Poe. He uses the word Epic a number of times in that short in a way other than the one way that makes mister Ataboy happy.
Just thought I would point that out.

JoleneJolene said:
I'm really sorry to come back to this but I was just listening to selective shorts on NPR the other day and they were reading "The Sphinx" by Edgar Allan Poe. He uses the word Epic a number of times in that short in a way other than the one way that makes mister Ataboy happy.
Just thought I would point that out.

Definitely makes me hope... for his sake... that he can stay in "writing shape" or sell his books for many years to come... SIGH!

:)

Ok...Promise...this one really is on topic:

Was chatting with a model whom I had never chatted with before..discussing the possibility of a show. You all know I don't like the word friend when it comes to this site or forum, but it was friendly enough. She mentioned that she has a lot of friends here and that they spoil her. I asked her what she meant. She said they send her gifts, and offline tips, have helped her build her profile, and even done technical work for her on other ventures <I think she meant on a budding website>.

I said something to the effect of "Wow..they really are good friends." and she agreed and reiterated to me that she was spoiled.
When I asked what she does to reciprocate the friendship, she said that she sends them pictures of....HERSELF.

Tell me that's not a WTF moment! Tell me that's not narcissistic in the least!
Would have been better had she said that she sends them a packet of "masturbation material". Hell, I will barter my time and money for "masturbation material". Kinda what the site is all about actually.

Also, had a model offer me the chance to be "financially dominated" by her. Don't really know what that means, but she wasn't willing to perform for the money she was asking for. Ok, so maybe I can figure out what it means...haha! While I didn't actually say WTF...I probably asked her a few sarcastic questions, and had a chuckle at her expense...especially when she said no one has yet to take her up on her offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.