AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Member's Pet Peeves

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Models that are clueless or couldn't care less how shitty their lighting is, especially models who have been on cam for almost a year or more. Even when you mention it, they put forth zero effort to improve it. Lighting is one of the most important factors for having success as a camgirl. For some reason, the dark skinned girls (Tanned or naturally dark) are usually the worst culprits too.

Bocefish said:
Seems the sense of entitlement by a select few is a growing contagion. Since when has it become the norm for a customer to pay in order to cheer up their service provider, or pay them for doing absolutely nothing (Offline tips)?? I iz baffled.
Probably not a good idea to raise the issue here, but since you mentioned the word "customer", I will:

I had several chats with my regulars about public shows (that involve nudity and/or masturbation) and ALL of them (take not, I don't have that many :oops: ) consider them a lack of respect towards them.
Why? Because they pay to take me private to see me naked and/or play with me.
To make a long story short, they said the issue is "why pay for a private when I can see the show for free?".

Since this is one of the main issues I have right now, I'd like to know your opinions. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed before, I'm new to the forum and I haven't managed to read everything yet. If there is a topic about it, please be kind and send me there :)

My two cents on a few of the items listed:

1. Since from reading this forum I can see that MFC is not only supremely responsive but also quick to modify the programs and software (I kid, I kid), it would be nice to see there be another level for members in a chatroom: tippers. In the case of a countdown to a public show, everyone could chat while the countdown was being performed. However, as each tip came in, the model could click on that particular user to signify they had tipped. Once the countdown had been reached, only those who had contributed to the show would be able to verbally participate in the show, thereby ruling out the hundreds of freeloaders who enter the room and flood it with "anal bb" requests. (Yes, I know... never gonna happen).

2. If a model begs inappropriately for tips or basically makes me feel completely used or stupid for tipping, I can always spy from the sky on her from here on out. I don't take the reactions of any cam girl personally, but I do not return to their chat room again or tip them if I don't feel appreciated.

3. I am guilty at times of using the PM function in a chat room, but I try not to as much as possible. Coming into a room where nothing is going on but the model responding to her regular's PMs for ten straight minutes is deflating. It's a chat room, not a secret texting lab. Let's mingle, kids!

4. I'm glad you like your music, ma'am. I even like that you're trying to broaden my musical horizons by sharing your favorites with me. But when you blast it right next to your cam mic, I'm less inclined to go to Itunes and buy that album. Turn it down, 'k?

5. I get the need for White Knights. I do. If a loser comes into the room of a girl I'm friendly with and tries to tear her down unmercifully, it's okay for the regs in the room to get on his case pronto. But if I'm new, and I come into the model's room politely and wish to active participate in the chat, please do not harass me because I dared to talk during your little circle jerk of in-jokes and emotes. I'm more than willing to learn the "secret handshakes" of a truly fun room of regulars, but let's be honest-- if you're that protective, the model is a lot more turned off on YOU than she is on ME. And I just got here.

6. Dead rooms. You enter a chat room, there's 80 people there, and no one's talking. The model is saying, "Wow, everyone's so quiet." First off, you 80 suck if you haven't learned to type with one hand yet. Hell, I've learned to type with my nose if I want to rub my testicles or wave my "Go Phillies" flag with the other hand. Say something to the girl. And models-- find SOMETHING to spur any conversation. It doesn't have to be MFC related, room-related, or topic-related. Do you know how many chat rooms I've seen open up and become livelier just because someone broke the ice talking about a movie they just went to see? Models, it's your room and you can do whatever you want, but if your customers are drifting, and you don't want to take off your clothes yet, at least get everyone involved in the show. And if you try and they don't, fuck 'em. You tried.

7. No one ever tips me. I hate it. sheesh.

Reactions: 1 person
BelleMadlyne said:
I had several chats with my regulars about public shows (that involve nudity and/or masturbation) and ALL of them (take not, I don't have that many :oops: ) consider them a lack of respect towards them.
To make a long story short, they said the issue is "why pay for a private when I can see the show for free?".

Since this is one of the main issues I have right now, I'd like to know your opinions. Thank you in advance.

I think it really comes down to what works for you in your room. This is YOUR business to run, as enjoyable as it personally can be. Every girl runs their room differently and finds varying levels of success with doing public/private shows. Are public shows making you any money? If it's yes, and the return is decent, then keep doing them. Or do what some girls do and offer varying levels of "access" in public, group, and private shows. You'll learn really quickly what methods do and don't work for you.

It's great to have regulars, but are these regulars who are complaining about respect spending enough time in private shows to make their concerns 100% of your decisions? 80%? 20?

The one beautiful thing about doing something like this is you can easily see from your tips and tokens what decisions are right and which ones are wrong. Modify your shows to what works for you and you alone.

Skulliee said:
When the background of the chick's profile is an image of her "being all sexy-like" and it's tiled over and over, and you can't read the text because of the tiled background image and...

then you maybe bother to highlight the text to see what it says (as it's otherwise obscured by the background image) and it's just one long-ass paragraph without any periods/commas and is usually ended with ":h:333 xoxoxox muah!!!".

Also when there's links to shit on the profile and instead of trying to figure out how to properly link something, it's just a garble of URL coding pasted and it's like 125 characters long.

^ This.

Granted, I'm a geek/nerd/techie, but, please, regs, help a lady with a bad page out by pointing her to something like:

W3 Schools CSS Tutorial or offering to provide code snippets to clean up her page. (As long as you're not a creepy, stalker-ish d-bag about it. :) )

* Perhaps not the ideal inaugural post, but it struck a chord after visiting a few eye-bleeding profiles who-shall-remain-nameless.

Ttfn,
the spiky-haired one

bobdontdance said:
BelleMadlyne said:

I think it really comes down to what works for you in your room. This is YOUR business to run, as enjoyable as it personally can be. Every girl runs their room differently and finds varying levels of success with doing public/private shows. Are public shows making you any money? If it's yes, and the return is decent, then keep doing them. Or do what some girls do and offer varying levels of "access" in public, group, and private shows. You'll learn really quickly what methods do and don't work for you.

It's great to have regulars, but are these regulars who are complaining about respect spending enough time in private shows to make their concerns 100% of your decisions? 80%? 20?

The one beautiful thing about doing something like this is you can easily see from your tips and tokens what decisions are right and which ones are wrong. Modify your shows to what works for you and you alone.

Yeah I'd also add that it depends how they (and you) see private sessions. Are they just looking to see you nude and masturbate? Or are they looking for personal interaction, 100% of your attention, on-demand not waiting for the mood to strike you or countdown to end, etc etc

To my mind at least, the differences between a public and private show are pretty clear - even when the sexual content is identical.

Also if a member finds a camgirl getting naked on cam as disrespectful towards him...he probly needs to step back a touch.

bobdontdance said:

Since i've only been here for about 3 months, I don't have that many regulars - but I have to say that over 75% of the tokens I make are from privates with them. So yes, their opinion matters a lot to me, because my income depends on them.

Jupiter551 said:
Yeah I'd also add that it depends how they (and you) see private sessions. Are they just looking to see you nude and masturbate? Or are they looking for personal interaction, 100% of your attention, on-demand not waiting for the mood to strike you or countdown to end, etc etc
I can answer that through an example - about a month ago i decided to try a (nude) group show and asked 2 of my regulars to help start it. After about 15 mins, we were just the three of us and I started talking to them, because they weren't saying/reacting in any way.
To my surprise, they said they only did the group show because I asked them to and that they would rather do privates.
So we ended the group and I did a private with each of them...
I really don't know what to think anymore...
I would like to get more people in my room by doing sexier public shows, but I'm afraid I will lose my regulars without any guarantees that I'll make money from tips.

Bocefish said:
I'll stop the show if at least 10 new tippers don't tip 30 or more.

Not only demanding more tips for a show that was all ready paid for, but demanding who must tip and how much?!? Insta-hide.
Thats what Agent_99 does, lol. Gets 6000-7000 for some sort of public show (be it stripping and running down a hallway or masturbating in a stairwell) then before the show even starts, delays said show, and ends up asking for more before she starts.... then during said show says "10 new tippers right now" or something like that. Funny. But... she gets it, so, good for her.

She also says "fuck you!" to people who tip her 1 token. :lol:

Bocefish said:
Models that are clueless or couldn't care less how shitty their lighting is, especially models who have been on cam for almost a year or more. Even when you mention it, they put forth zero effort to improve it. Lighting is one of the most important factors for having success as a camgirl. For some reason, the dark skinned girls (Tanned or naturally dark) are usually the worst culprits too.

Dude, I agree 100% with you. I have just posted a response on a another thread to do with crappy cams about how important lighting is.
What is just as annoying as the bad lighting , is some model's couldn't-care-less attitude when you point it out to them, like it would be a massive effort for them to turn on their main light instead of the bedside lamp for example!! :-x
I am not talking about public shows without tips by the way, I am talking about where I have tipped upwards of 500 tokens in public chat or I have been in a pvt show, so it's not like I'm a freebie hunter wanting something for nothing!!! Not just talking about mfc either, I won't mention other sites as I'm not sure if we're allowed to mention other sites here.

markofire said:
Bocefish said:

Dude, I agree 100% with you. I have just posted a response on a another thread to do with crappy cams about how important lighting is.
What is just as annoying as the bad lighting , is some model's couldn't-care-less attitude when you point it out to them, like it would be a massive effort for them to turn on their main light instead of the bedside lamp for example!! :-x
I am not talking about public shows without tips by the way, I am talking about where I have tipped upwards of 500 tokens in public chat or I have been in a pvt show, so it's not like I'm a freebie hunter wanting something for nothing!!! Not just talking about mfc either, I won't mention other sites as I'm not sure if we're allowed to mention other sites here.
Girls don't even realize how much more earning potential they have if they just work a tad harder on their cam quality/lighting.

And you can mention whatever sites you like here! Feel free.

Bocefish said:
Rooms that sound like they are camming from industrial sized laundromats. :woops:

Or when the chick in the next booth/room/bed/whatever is louder than the model you're watching lol

From the pervs perspective:
Public shows - it's cheaper (or free) per "customer" but you have to wait for the countdown and you may not get exactly what you want.

Private - you get what you want and immediately but you pay for that privilege.

Group is in between the two, it's still pretty cheap and you're pretty much guaranteed of nudey naughtyness.

Pervs must respect the fact tho that a models room is her room and her rules, models have to understand that pervs can be fickle and want a lot for a little.

Just_mark__ said:
From the pervs perspective:
Public shows - it's cheaper (or free) per "customer" but you have to wait for the countdown and you may not get exactly what you want.

Public shows also aren't guaranteed though. You may kick in 400 or something for a 2k countdown, wait two hours while another 200 in tips comes in then the girl's like well it's midnight folks I need to work in the morning...

I guess I'll add a few of mine (probably already posted by others) while I have a few min to kill.

Loud music. Blech. Turn it down already.

Shitty cam quality. A decent cam is a business investment.

Models who try to defeat the filter. You clog up my nicely sorted model list.

MFC's lack of a more detailed filter option. Region sorting is cool, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to filter by more options.

MFC's 50/50 split for models and their tokens. It's a rip off for the girls and a real put off for me anyway to buy tokens knowing 50%+ is going into the site's pocket.

I can't really bitch about the models and what they do or don't do, because Their room is their playpen, if I don't care for the atmosphere, I'm free to go, right?

Except bad boob jobs... where do some of these women get these hideous botched jobs? Why don't they sue the doctor? Brrrr. Breast augmentation has progressed enough that a good doctor can do a good job with the right implants. You get what you pay for, remember that.

But again that's not really a peeve... not my business really, if a bad job skeeves me out i can just go elsewhere right? If you like your poorly placed over sized implants well god bless ya. But here is a tip: pick a size you think is perfect, then go down one size. 2, to be safe.

but again, not really my business, not really a peeve just more of a light weight WTF.

ok I'm out of free time..... lol

I agree to a lot of the things already mentioned.

I want to add - if i am new in your room don't ask,chat,pm me the very second i enter - if i like your room (includes you) i will most likely be away to read your profile first... i really try to do that. (and there is the complaint about music in profiles again - most times it sounds horrible mixed with the sound from the room)

It would also be nice if a profile is kind of up to date and if a model decides not to give her country/city/whatever away it would be nice if it is not outright wrong. I hate that in the most of the romanian studio models the country is U.S. and you wonder why they don't speak a word but type everything.

And i like the profiles that first give you a set of 50 rules in a harsh tone what you will not/can not/must not do.
If i want to speak to my mother i call her personally.
And there is also a nice way to set rules. I don't want to be pissed at before i did anything wrong.

BTW - i am very happy that not all models mute basics and guests at once - i would have never stayed on mfc if not for a very nice model that was willing to chat with a basic... Some of the basics can be your later regulars.
But i agree that a lot of them can be very annoying.

Traditio said:
BTW - i am very happy that not all models mute basics and guests at once - i would have never stayed on mfc if not for a very nice model that was willing to chat with a basic... Some of the basics can be your later regulars.

I think this can get annoying to my regs, but I very often leave basic/guest chat open if I don't have a goal going. I've made lots of basics turn premium because I took the time to talk to them! It's a valuable way to gather regulars and differentiate yourself from other models.

LacieLaPlante said:
Traditio said:

I think this can get annoying to my regs, but I very often leave basic/guest chat open if I don't have a goal going. I've made lots of basics turn premium because I took the time to talk to them! It's a valuable way to gather regulars and differentiate yourself from other models.

Yup basics and guests would be fine if there wasn't always at least one (usually several) who are just rude, spamming fucktards.

More than once I've been about to tip, then changed my mind and left, because of a fast scrolling spam of idiot freeloaders - who the hell wants to be in that environment, and pay for those assholes.

Paulie Walnuts said:
I guess I'll add a few of mine (probably already posted by others) while I have a few min to kill.

MFC's 50/50 split for models and their tokens. It's a rip off for the girls and a real put off for me anyway to buy tokens knowing 50%+ is going into the site's pocket.

For the record, we get minimum 50%, but more like 60% or so. The bigger he token package you buy, the higher percentage of your money we get. Because we get 5 cents per token no matter what, but you guys pay anywhere from what? 8 - 10 cents per token?

Just wanted to set that straight :)

AshaSnow said:
Paulie Walnuts said:

For the record, we get minimum 50%, but more like 60% or so. The bigger he token package you buy, the higher percentage of your money we get. Because we get 5 cents per token no matter what, but you guys pay anywhere from what? 8 - 10 cents per token?

Just wanted to set that straight :)
Yup. So many sites take so much more of your money and give less to the models. If you're going to have a model spending habit, MFC is one of the best to do it on.

Reactions: 1 person
New peeve:

Models who are clearly older than they say they are. It's one thing to say that you're 25 when you're actually 29 because it's pretty hard to see the difference. But I just saw a model who says they're 18 in their profile but she looks 40 and no, she doesn't smoke.

In other words, don't insult my intelligence.

Mikeythegeek said:
New peeve:

Models who are clearly older than they say they are. It's one thing to say that you're 25 when you're actually 29 because it's pretty hard to see the difference. But I just saw a model who says they're 18 in their profile but she looks 40 and no, she doesn't smoke.

In other words, don't insult my intelligence.
What if I put I'm 60 but I'm really 30? :lol:

I have almost no complaints against models, any of them--simply because there's no law I have to stay in a room that I'm not having fun in.

Probably my only complaint would be models who allow really annoying trolls to remain for hours no matter how nasty their comments, and in the belief that banning causes a meaningful lowering of their cam scores. Often, "normal," tipping members will leave rather than sit in a room and be annoyed by a troll.

Does anyone have any idea how banning affects cam scores?

Nordling said:
I have almost no complaints against models, any of them--simply because there's no law I have to stay in a room that I'm not having fun in.

Probably my only complaint would be models who allow really annoying trolls to remain for hours no matter how nasty their comments, and in the belief that banning causes a meaningful lowering of their cam scores. Often, "normal," tipping members will leave rather than sit in a room and be annoyed by a troll.

I honetly can't believe that it would. That would be the dumbest fucking idea since the camscore.

waogo said:
Nordling said:

I honetly can't believe that it would. That would be the dumbest fucking idea since the camscore.
I agree. But it's a line trolls have fed a lot of cam models so they can continue to troll on the assumption that the model will believe them. :) Why would a cam model believe that a member knows ANYTHING about MFC's policies? lol But it happens.

Bocefish said:
Seems the sense of entitlement by a select few is a growing contagion. Since when has it become the norm for a customer to pay in order to cheer up their service provider, or pay them for doing absolutely nothing (Offline tips)?? I iz baffled.

Well, somebody serving you coffee at a cafe is a far cry from a model you converse with on a regular basis. There plenty of models that i as a perv love to tip just to make them smile or help them out and plenty of members who sometimes do the same for me. The relationship between camgirl and member is often very different from customer and service provider due to the social aspect of the site and the extensive communication. (obviously only applying to a model whose room you frequent)

And actually, I don't think it'd be all that strange for somebody to tip their waitress extra to cheer her up even if they weren't getting anything extra from it.

This is how i feel about chip-ins and wishlists as well. A lot of guys like to buy things for the models they like. That doesn't mean you have to or that we expect it. I'd had never thought to put a wishlist or chip-in on my profile until several members requested that I do. Well shit, if you want to buy me things and give me money I'll let you.

But I am groovy with the general complaints going on here, which is pretty much that both models and members shouldn't expect more than they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.