AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AlexLady said:
I wish I knew what lighting and software she was using.
Yeah that's what I mean. Whatever it is, I applaud her for it. :clap:

bawksy said:
The colors got better but I'm not sure about the clarity. The new cam seems to drop frames a lot - it'll be smooth and then it gets choppy on and off. Maybe the configuration needs to be played with. Or your computer/internet might not be keeping up.

Old cam:

New cam:

P.S. Get rid of the damn banner.

WOW I have changed alot ... kinda missing my hair now :(
HAHA! I don't even remember doing that LOL! that was my laptops cam, but its broken now .. :(
Also like i said that was another room I was in ... farther from the wireless so it was going in and out and I was double camming that night on SV. Why did you not say hi butt face? lol

PS the banner make it easier with double camming lol

I've heard about Carmen from many sources, saying she was such a camgirl pro and fantastic and lots of other good stuff. And with a rockin' camscore, I was surprised to see such dark lighting when I popped in to see her tonight. I was all primed up to be enamored and stay for a while...

She looks like she's stunning, just wish I could see her better. :(

Attachments

• orangecam.jpg
    orangecam.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 490
not only is it the cams the girls are using, but lighting too. I see alot of terrible lighting. Go out and buy a simple external webcam..they are cheap :) logitech is amazing for the price :)

AmberCutie said:
I've heard about Carmen from many sources, saying she was such a camgirl pro and fantastic and lots of other good stuff. And with a rockin' camscore, I was surprised to see such dark lighting when I popped in to see her tonight. I was all primed up to be enamored and stay for a while...

She looks like she's stunning, just wish I could see her better. :(
Odd, her lighting is usually very good, maybe it's coincidence more than planned.

Hi there everyone, I just registered on this forum. I have just been reading through this thread. I have to say , it's good to see that some cam girls out there do actually realise how important lighting is for shows. A good cam is definately recommended, that goes without saying, but having a great cam is wasted if you have terrible lighting. ( although I have to admit the logitech pro 9000 and c910 are great for low light performance )

I have been getting cam shows for the past 2-3 years and one thing which is a pet hate , is when I go to get a pvt with a model , and then go into their room which is so poorly lit that they might as well be stood 20 feet away as I would probably see as much! ( I am not talking about mfc shows obviously as one can already see the room before getting the pvt )

Even weirder is when I have gotten a show with a model who had great lighting one day, then I get another show a few weeks later and her lighting is bad on that day for some reason, and when I ask for more/better light the model gets all touchy and takes offence like I'm criticising and being too picky, starts telling me "well, no one else complained" , lol, and I'm like wtf?? I really don't see what the mentality of some models out there who insist on doing their shows in poorly lit rooms at night or the darkest possible place in the house on a bright sunny day.

I have gotten way too many shows with great lighting to bother putting up with bad lighting now so if a model insists that her lighting is great when it clearly isn't or she starts giving me attitude then I simply wont bother getting any more shows with them. Kinda strange how some models are so helpful and accommodating and others can be so touchy and deliberately flippant about these things , like the paying customer should be happy that the model is getting naked regardless whether it's so dark in the room that all you can see is a silhouette and some funky orange skin as the cam struggles to cope with the poor light conditions and interprets natural skin tones as a tangerine!! lol

I'd like to know, do any of you girls get annoyed if someone says anything about your lighting, or makes a suggestion ?

markofire said:
Hi there everyone, I just registered on this forum. I have just been reading through this thread. I have to say , it's good to see that some cam girls out there do actually realise how important lighting is for shows. A good cam is definately recommended, that goes without saying, but having a great cam is wasted if you have terrible lighting. ( although I have to admit the logitech pro 9000 and c910 are great for low light performance )

I have been getting cam shows for the past 2-3 years and one thing which is a pet hate , is when I go to get a pvt with a model , and then go into their room which is so poorly lit that they might as well be stood 20 feet away as I would probably see as much! ( I am not talking about mfc shows obviously as one can already see the room before getting the pvt )

Even weirder is when I have gotten a show with a model who had great lighting one day, then I get another show a few weeks later and her lighting is bad on that day for some reason, and when I ask for more/better light the model gets all touchy and takes offence like I'm criticising and being too picky, starts telling me "well, no one else complained" , lol, and I'm like wtf?? I really don't see what the mentality of some models out there who insist on doing their shows in poorly lit rooms at night or the darkest possible place in the house on a bright sunny day.

I have gotten way too many shows with great lighting to bother putting up with bad lighting now so if a model insists that her lighting is great when it clearly isn't or she starts giving me attitude then I simply wont bother getting any more shows with them. Kinda strange how some models are so helpful and accommodating and others can be so touchy and deliberately flippant about these things , like the paying customer should be happy that the model is getting naked regardless whether it's so dark in the room that all you can see is a silhouette and some funky orange skin as the cam struggles to cope with the poor light conditions and interprets natural skin tones as a tangerine!! lol

I'd like to know, do any of you girls get annoyed if someone says anything about your lighting, or makes a suggestion ?
I certainly don't get offended if someone politely points out that something needs improving. I take it on board ands see what I can do about it!

markofire said:

Nope. Actually I tend to ask for an opinion. I want to make sure everything is right.

Now if some guy was a jerk about it and said he was happy the lighting was bad so he couldn't see how ugly I was that'd be another matter, hahaha.

theres some super awesome cameras out there, or stands even. you can find a pod or stand that pan/tilts with remote control, but it doesnt zoom. if you want a cam to pan/tilt/and zoom with remote, you have to use a security camera that can attach as a webcam. these are expensive, but if you do your research, you can get a good deal on them. I just ordered one, had to buy all parts seperatly. i'm excited to see if it works okay. if not, i have a badass security camera, so i can prove my dog sleeps on the couch when i leave the house :p or spy on my neighbors.

I rudely informed this 13513.1 camscore model that she had a blurry joke of a webcam, and she rudely informed me that it was totally definitely my crappy computer that was the problem. I'll let you be the judge.

P.S. Why do dumb models feel the need to make derogatory speculations about my ability to attract women when they feel self-conscious about their webcam quality?

Attachments

• dumbbitch.png
    dumbbitch.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 305
  • dumbbitch2.png
    dumbbitch2.png
    297.7 KB · Views: 305
bawksy said:
I rudely informed this 13513.1 camscore model that she had a blurry joke of a webcam, and she rudely informed me that it was totally definitely my crappy computer that was the problem. I'll let you be the judge.

P.S. Why do dumb models feel the need to make derogatory speculations about my ability to attract women when they feel self-conscious about their webcam quality?

It's not just you. I've watched her before and her cam isn't good. I've seen far worse, but she could do much better.

A little thread necromancy as I think this is a good topic:

One issue I don't see mentioned often is actual PC processing power. While most modern PC's should have no problem driving a webcam video stream, older PCs or budget PCs might not be able to support the highest quality images.

If a PC is consuming 100% of its processing power, it will likely cause problems with cam quality and speed (freezing, choppiness) and might cause sound issues (choppy sound, out of sync sound). By this I mean the PC is being forced to use all its available processing power and can't meet the demands placed on it by the video encoding software.

Usually it will be obvious to the host in his own view of the feed, but it's not always. I especially notice this when a host switches from a lower resolution (e.g. 640x480) to a higher resolution (e.g the various "HD" resolutions at 1024x or more). At lower resolution the video stream will be smooth (not jerky or choppy, no screen artifacts, etc.), and the switch to higher resolution causes the host's PC to start dropping frames (causing choppy video).

As several people have mentioned, extraordinary processing demands can sometimes be controlled with the use of cam/video settings. Camera anti-aliasing (removing the jagged edges along the length of straight lines) is one example of a setting that might place a large demand on processing power and cause frame rate to drop.

For reference when I say PC processing power, a user can view the current load on the PC's CPU by right-clicking on the task bar and selecting "Task Manager". My example images are from Windows XP, but Vista and 7 have similar commands. If a user doesn't know what is running, he can look at the "Processes" tab to see which programs are using CPU resources. In my example, Firefox is eating up 87% of my system resources (e.g. running a bunch of Flash and javascript on another page), so it and other programs are leaving only 8% of my CPU free (System Idle Process).

The above is likely old hat for many of the forum members, but I'm hopeful it helps a few. :)

Attachments

• cpu-100-percent.JPG
    cpu-100-percent.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 231
  • cpu-processes.JPG
    cpu-processes.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 231
I wonder why, if you "rudely" inform someone their gear is crap, you are surprised that you get a rude reply. Maybe she already knows this but can't afford to fix the problem? Or if it's a problem that can be fixed with her existing hardware, why not offer a suggestion if you have one, instead of simply trashing them?

Reactions: FrecklesXxX
I've tried the polite route in the past, and it seems to work just as poorly as the rude route. Thus, I don't waste my time trying to nicely convince dumb models that their webcams suck. I just make fun of them when I feel like it.

Nordling said:
I wonder why, if you "rudely" inform someone their gear is crap, you are surprised that you get a rude reply. Maybe she already knows this but can't afford to fix the problem? Or if it's a problem that can be fixed with her existing hardware, why not offer a suggestion if you have one, instead of simply trashing them?
Well I'd certainly say the girl in question can afford it after she's been consistently in the top 20 for a bit now. Logitech pro 9000 are around $60 now. I think she makes that in around 10 minutes these days.

But as I watch her more, I see in some lights her cam looks "ok" instead of "crap" so maybe it's just her settings and lighting she needs to tinker with to get it where it should be.

^^^ Well I guess all this answers the question of crappy cam affecting the amount of tips a girl gets. It doesn't. Ginny banks. lol

AmberCutie said:
Nordling said:
Well I'd certainly say the girl in question can afford it after she's been consistently in the top 20 for a bit now. Logitech pro 9000 are around $60 now. I think she makes that in around 10 minutes these days.

But as I watch her more, I see in some lights her cam looks "ok" instead of "crap" so maybe it's just her settings and lighting she needs to tinker with to get it where it should be.
Agree. When I was in her room, the quality of her camera was probably better than 90% of other rooms; especially the color "naturalness." ...which bugs my eyes worse (color casts) than a grainy image.

LovelyLemon said:
bobdontdance said:
To the cam girls, I ask this, and if this has been asked here I apologize (I scanned through the topic and didn't see it): if you start chatting with a girl in a polite manner and you do tip, etc., is it bad etiquette to politely bring up the poor quality of their cams (in MFC mail, not in public)? I've come close a couple of times, but it does seem a bit rude.

Thoughts?

Not rude at all if you approach it in the right spirit. I find that kind of info VERY helpful and hard to come by! I have a stellar cam and great lighting but there's always little things to keep in mind to keep the show running smooth and looking good. For example Amber popped into my room the other day and mentioned that I had a knocky-cam, my cam mount was loose and everytime it tapped against the laptop my secondary snowflake mic picked it up, knock-knock-knock. It must have been that way for HOURS and it must have been *really* irritating for my viewers but nobody prior to her had bothered mentioning it.

I also really appreciate it when members remind me to watch the reflection of one of my lamps in the mirror behind me because it skews the cam feed from the flare and makes it look like a small universe is being birthed behind me lol. Comments that help us improve our performances are always appreciated as long as they're practical recommendations and not, "i think u would make more tips if u had pussy open bb"

^^This! I wish more people would tell me if my video / audio / lighting is crappy or if it's working well. :D

AedanRayne said:
LovelyLemon said:
bobdontdance said:
To the cam girls, I ask this, and if this has been asked here I apologize (I scanned through the topic and didn't see it): if you start chatting with a girl in a polite manner and you do tip, etc., is it bad etiquette to politely bring up the poor quality of their cams (in MFC mail, not in public)? I've come close a couple of times, but it does seem a bit rude.

Thoughts?

Not rude at all if you approach it in the right spirit. I find that kind of info VERY helpful and hard to come by! I have a stellar cam and great lighting but there's always little things to keep in mind to keep the show running smooth and looking good. For example Amber popped into my room the other day and mentioned that I had a knocky-cam, my cam mount was loose and everytime it tapped against the laptop my secondary snowflake mic picked it up, knock-knock-knock. It must have been that way for HOURS and it must have been *really* irritating for my viewers but nobody prior to her had bothered mentioning it.

I also really appreciate it when members remind me to watch the reflection of one of my lamps in the mirror behind me because it skews the cam feed from the flare and makes it look like a small universe is being birthed behind me lol. Comments that help us improve our performances are always appreciated as long as they're practical recommendations and not, "i think u would make more tips if u had pussy open bb"

^^This! I wish more people would tell me if my video / audio / lighting is crappy or if it's working well. :D
On this note: Is anyone friendly enough with GinnyPotter to sweetly mention to her that her cam/cam settings are whack? I know bawksy made an attempt before, but we all know he didn't approach it in a very nice way. I'd really hate to see Miss MFC June 2011 continue to have such mediocre cam quality.

I'd mention it to her, but we've never spoken, and she seems to lash out at anyone telling her anything negative as "a jealous model" sort of like Agent99 does. :( If someone already has a rapport with her it may go better.

In reference to my earlier post, I think we found the reason Ginny's cam isn't as clear as it could be. Someone send her a Logitech 9000 asap!

Attachments

• ginnycam.jpg
    ginnycam.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 78
AedanRayne said:
AmberCutie said:
In reference to my earlier post, I think we found the reason Ginny's cam isn't as clear as it could be. Someone send her a Logitech 9000 asap!

:? What kind of cam is that?
Not the best one for MFC models, that's all that matters!

I think it's the Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p HD Webcam. Ladies, just cuz it says HD on it doesn't make it better than the basic Logitech pro 9000. People are so quick to jump to that conclusion.

AmberCutie said:
AedanRayne said:
AmberCutie said:

I think it's the Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p HD Webcam. Ladies, just cuz it says HD on it doesn't make it better than the basic Logitech pro 9000. People are so quick to jump to that conclusion.

Hey, I've got the same cam - it's a good cam, well, pretty good :D
Chews up CPU though...

AmberCutie said:
AedanRayne said:
AmberCutie said:

It's the whole quality vs quantity thing. Sure, you can have more pixels with HD... but you can only use 153600 square pixels anyways so the extra 768000 pixels of an HD cam would be useless anyways.

Zoomer said:
AmberCutie said:

Hey, I've got the same cam - it's a good cam, well, pretty good :D
Chews up CPU though...
But if you were making a living off of being in front of that webcam for 6-8 hours a day, I bet you'd want better. Note my bolded emphasis. When you're striving to be the #1 model on a website, I think putting a bit of extra effort into simple cam quality isn't too much to ask. Am I wrong? Do people disagree with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.