AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
CherryRita said:
OK i was wondering if the Logitech pro 9000 comes with a remote? or do you get that separate? and what remote do you have?
No remote. It doesn't pan/tilt/zoom.

I have seen some models like you amber that "zoom" in when they move back or something ... how do you do this then?
thank you

CherryRita said:
AmberCutie said:
CherryRita said:
OK i was wondering if the Logitech pro 9000 comes with a remote? or do you get that separate? and what remote do you have?
No remote. It doesn't pan/tilt/zoom.

I have seen some models like you amber that "zoom" in when they move back or something ... how do you do this then?
thank you
I manually move my tripod. Girls with zoom have a different cam.

AmberCutie said:
bawksy said:
The worst part about it is that she's completely squandering her *NEW* status and camscore of 1000. She should have waited until *after* she got the cam to make her debut.
Extremely good point. So many girls don't realize that investing a mere $70 up front will make your first paycheck loads better all on it's own. Well that, and a little common sense in turning on a few lights and adjusting the settings on said camera. :)

I've been stunned in the short time I've been around that some of the girls don't understand that turning on lights/moving lamps, etc would VASTLY improve their cam quality. I've seen some very attractive girls here that I would definitely want to watch tip (from looking at their profiles) who I just can't make the effort to visit due to the horrid cam quality being provided. I understand being brand new and not fully getting it, but when I see a girl with a low low camscore who's been on for a while, I can't believe they don't see the money being lost here.

To the cam girls, I ask this, and if this has been asked here I apologize (I scanned through the topic and didn't see it): if you start chatting with a girl in a polite manner and you do tip, etc., is it bad etiquette to politely bring up the poor quality of their cams (in MFC mail, not in public)? I've come close a couple of times, but it does seem a bit rude.

Thoughts?

bobdontdance said:
AmberCutie said:
bawksy said:
The worst part about it is that she's completely squandering her *NEW* status and camscore of 1000. She should have waited until *after* she got the cam to make her debut.
Extremely good point. So many girls don't realize that investing a mere $70 up front will make your first paycheck loads better all on it's own. Well that, and a little common sense in turning on a few lights and adjusting the settings on said camera. :)

I've been stunned in the short time I've been around that some of the girls don't understand that turning on lights/moving lamps, etc would VASTLY improve their cam quality. I've seen some very attractive girls here that I would definitely want to watch tip (from looking at their profiles) who I just can't make the effort to visit due to the horrid cam quality being provided. I understand being brand new and not fully getting it, but when I see a girl with a low low camscore who's been on for a while, I can't believe they don't see the money being lost here.

To the cam girls, I ask this, and if this has been asked here I apologize (I scanned through the topic and didn't see it): if you start chatting with a girl in a polite manner and you do tip, etc., is it bad etiquette to politely bring up the poor quality of their cams (in MFC mail, not in public)? I've come close a couple of times, but it does seem a bit rude.

Thoughts?
It can certainly be addressed politely, especially if the camgirl knows you're not out to harm her. Unless you're in your vicious hamster mode. That can be quite scary.

AmberCutie said:
It can certainly be addressed politely, especially if the camgirl knows you're not out to harm her. Unless you're in your vicious hamster mode. That can be quite scary.

When am I NOT in vicious hamster mode? Da rabies make me dis way!

Reactions: Whisperly
General chat in a model's room is for fun and sexy topics. I think stuff like that is best addressed in PMs. If the model lets you PM her, she may well be comfortable enough with you to be receptive to comments about her room, camera, lights, etc.

yay! glad i read this. i recently got whatever newest/best cam there is or something along those lines but i haven't gotten to play with it yet. other than autofocus (i need to turn that off) it looks awesome. if anyone wants to tell me i look like crap and how to improve i'm open to feedback. if you never get feedback you can't improve.

bobdontdance said:

Thoughts?

Not rude at all if you approach it in the right spirit. I find that kind of info VERY helpful and hard to come by! I have a stellar cam and great lighting but there's always little things to keep in mind to keep the show running smooth and looking good. For example Amber popped into my room the other day and mentioned that I had a knocky-cam, my cam mount was loose and everytime it tapped against the laptop my secondary snowflake mic picked it up, knock-knock-knock. It must have been that way for HOURS and it must have been *really* irritating for my viewers but nobody prior to her had bothered mentioning it.

I also really appreciate it when members remind me to watch the reflection of one of my lamps in the mirror behind me because it skews the cam feed from the flare and makes it look like a small universe is being birthed behind me lol. Comments that help us improve our performances are always appreciated as long as they're practical recommendations and not, "i think u would make more tips if u had pussy open bb"

LovelyLemon said:
bobdontdance said:

Thoughts?

Not rude at all if you approach it in the right spirit. I find that kind of info VERY helpful and hard to come by! I have a stellar cam and great lighting but there's always little things to keep in mind to keep the show running smooth and looking good. For example Amber popped into my room the other day and mentioned that I had a knocky-cam, my cam mount was loose and everytime it tapped against the laptop my secondary snowflake mic picked it up, knock-knock-knock. It must have been that way for HOURS and it must have been *really* irritating for my viewers but nobody prior to her had bothered mentioning it.

I also really appreciate it when members remind me to watch the reflection of one of my lamps in the mirror behind me because it skews the cam feed from the flare and makes it look like a small universe is being birthed behind me lol. Comments that help us improve our performances are always appreciated as long as they're practical recommendations and not, "i think u would make more tips if u had pussy open bb"

So commenting like this would be okay: "u have knocky-cam bb" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there like a thread about cam settings for models? Lighting etc with screenshots about what works well, gives good images (comparing the effect of moving a light, or turning on lights)?

Just curious :)

Zoomer said:
Is there like a thread about cam settings for models? Lighting etc with screenshots about what works well, gives good images (comparing the effect of moving a light, or turning on lights)?

Theres a good chance that it's been discussed in the models section.

AmberCutie said:
Zoomer said:

Yup, a good directional pictorial we could link to would be a wonderful thing for new and struggling models. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
Bocefish said:
AmberCutie said:
Zoomer said:

Yup, a good directional pictorial we could link to would be a wonderful thing for new and struggling models. :twocents-02cents:
Just tell em to sign up and get verified model status and they not only will get this great info, but lots of other tips and pointers in the models only section. ;)

Ok I got a new cam, and have heard from members it looks better. I know I can improve it tho, I am just not sure how ... not very good with the actual settings :/
When I tried to move a lamp it washed me out.
If you would like you can come critique me lol!

ps i will be on 9pm-3am pacific time

pss tonight i will not be in my regualr room, going to be in the living room playing games lol

The colors got better but I'm not sure about the clarity. The new cam seems to drop frames a lot - it'll be smooth and then it gets choppy on and off. Maybe the configuration needs to be played with. Or your computer/internet might not be keeping up.

Old cam:

New cam:

P.S. Get rid of the damn banner.

Attachments

• CherryRita09.jpg
    CherryRita09.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 383
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 382
LovelyLemon said:
"i think u would make more tips if u had pussy open bb"

This is basically what somebody was telling me last night when I tried SkinVideo for the first time. haha. Anyone notice how on SV everything is all squares? Even with my cam quality set to high.

I'm always fussing with my lamps and x-mas lights (great for a soft even glow!) to try to make the best of my Logitech 250 webcam. I'm upgrading soon but I'm unsure about the 9000 because it doesn't tilt. I currently tilt and turn my webcam very often and would really miss being able to do so. The lack of this feature would be even more obnoxious once I get my laptop, as tilting the laptop screen will really mess up how I see things on my screen.

I'm thinking about getting the Logitech 720p Webcam C510, it's one step down from the 9000 but it tilts!

SV has their own thread and in it talks about why its pixelated...generally its a VERY new site, and the amount of models who have signed up over the 4-6 months or so has helped it grow, they just haven't fixed the video feed up to par with MFC. It is WAY better clarity than it was back when I signed up back in Jan-ish tho. ;)

LadyBakes said:
LovelyLemon said:
"i think u would make more tips if u had pussy open bb"

This is basically what somebody was telling me last night when I tried SkinVideo for the first time. haha. Anyone notice how on SV everything is all squares? Even with my cam quality set to high.

I'm always fussing with my lamps and x-mas lights (great for a soft even glow!) to try to make the best of my Logitech 250 webcam. I'm upgrading soon but I'm unsure about the 9000 because it doesn't tilt. I currently tilt and turn my webcam very often and would really miss being able to do so. The lack of this feature would be even more obnoxious once I get my laptop, as tilting the laptop screen will really mess up how I see things on my screen.

I'm thinking about getting the Logitech 720p Webcam C510, it's one step down from the 9000 but it tilts!
The 9000 tilts up and down. Not sure if that's what you're referring to, but you wouldn't have to move your laptop to move your cam. Then again I'd always recommend girls don't use their laptop lid as a holder for their cam anyway, as having it more mobile makes for a more attractive camshow, in my opinion.

I meant tilting sideways. I don't feel my face looks as good straight on, and I also tend to tilt to the left or right to fit in a board I'm trying to clear, or something else.

I do have a tripod that I'll probably use a lot more once I get my laptop, and that can move any which way. *shrug*

I've recently realised that when I'm in some girls rooms, I am able to watch their video stream fine. In other girls rooms, I get a crapton of buffering or a really jolty feed. What is contributing to these discrepancies? I know that if the girl's internet connection isn't that crash hot then it may be her end, but a lot of the time I notice the discrepancy between girls who have their feeds listed as 'very good'. I was thinking maybe some models are purposefully degrading their feed quality or perhaps their frame rate so that it feeds smoother? I'm interested in learning what the secret is because I think that a LOT of guys probably skip around till they find a feed they can actually watch easily and I am probably not making the best business decision sticking with a high frame rate? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Countessa said:
I've recently realised that when I'm in some girls rooms, I am able to watch their video stream fine. In other girls rooms, I get a crapton of buffering or a really jolty feed. What is contributing to these discrepancies? I know that if the girl's internet connection isn't that crash hot then it may be her end, but a lot of the time I notice the discrepancy between girls who have their feeds listed as 'very good'. I was thinking maybe some models are purposefully degrading their feed quality or perhaps their frame rate so that it feeds smoother? I'm interested in learning what the secret is because I think that a LOT of guys probably skip around till they find a feed they can actually watch easily and I am probably not making the best business decision sticking with a high frame rate? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It does that on some girl's feeds randomly, too. I think it's just MFC, really.

waogo said:
Countessa said:

It does that on some girl's feeds randomly, too. I think it's just MFC, really.
I think it has mostly to do with which server you connect to.

It makes me so sad, because I've always been a fan of CandyCOLA but her cam has always been so blue and pixelated, and the mic gets garbbly often. I was tryin' to enjoy her singing to some songs tonight but the quality made me leave. :( Do you think she knows that it's a problem? Maybe no one's told her... or she doesn't care.

Attachments

• candy cola sad cam.jpg
    candy cola sad cam.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 190
Amber

How did u make a tripod for your cam? Or do you just use the stand?

Cassana said:
Amber

How did u make a tripod for your cam? Or do you just use the stand?
Standard tripod. Take off the little top thingy (that screws into the camera it was built for) and either clamp or zip-tie it to the top.

Countessa said:
I've recently realised that when I'm in some girls rooms, I am able to watch their video stream fine. In other girls rooms, I get a crapton of buffering or a really jolty feed. What is contributing to these discrepancies?

If you have a poor download connection, which is slower than their upload, things can get jerky.

Models cam feeds vary from uinder 200kbps up to 800 or more.

Awesome thread. Bought a 9000 today and can't wait for it to arrive!

Does anyone have experience with a quality remote controlled pan/zoom webcam? I have seen AlexLady using one. If I were to invest in one, what should I look for? Any good brands/models?

FayeValentine said:
Awesome thread. Bought a 9000 today and can't wait for it to arrive!

Does anyone have experience with a quality remote controlled pan/zoom webcam? I have seen AlexLady using one. If I were to invest in one, what should I look for? Any good brands/models?
We should get in touch with MiuMiu/Axana_

She's the only one so far who I've seen using a p/t/z cam that actually has great quality. It almost seems like she has professional lighting.

Still can't seem to get rid of that awful black bar, though.

Attachments

• miu1.jpg
    miu1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.