AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ACF 2012 Presidential Election Poll

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

2012 U.S. Presidential Poll Vote

• Obama

Votes: 109 66.5%
  • Romney

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Obligatory Other

Votes: 22 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrRodry said:
President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney come face to face for the first time in this presidential campaign Wednesday night for a nationally televised debate that will give millions of Americans a chance to size up two fierce competitors in a moment of high-risk theater.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/0 ... 35168.html

I wouldn't expect too much. Both of them have been prepped for weeks and I'm sure they all have memorized pat answers to expected questions. This is not an opportunity for voters to "size up" the candidates as much as it is an opportunity for them to try to get out a good sound bite.

schlmoe said:
MrRodry said:
President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney come face to face for the first time in this presidential campaign Wednesday night for a nationally televised debate that will give millions of Americans a chance to size up two fierce competitors in a moment of high-risk theater.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/0 ... 35168.html

I wouldn't expect too much. Both of them have been prepped for weeks and I'm sure they all have memorized pat answers to expected questions. This is not an opportunity for voters to "size up" the candidates as much as it is an opportunity for them to try to get out a good sound bite.
lol if Romney CAN fuck it up, he WILL fuck it up

Wow, Mitt Romney made a meal of the first question....

For me, Romney jumped right on the neck while Obama was checking and re-checking his notes.

Maybe, because of those different ways to debate, I felted that Obama was working with more realistic scenarios, literally stoping to think about his answers while he was giving them, and Romney was backing up his promises with something that he only heard about it. I got this weird "Stand Up and Walk or We Will Leave You Behind to Perish" feeling coming from Romney's promises that worried me. One thing, is you closing down PBS because of the ratings, because it is a never ending pit of wasted money or whatever, the other one, is you leaving people with no medical assistance because they can't or don't make US$ so-so dollars per year.

I'm looking forward for next debate, to see if they will change their approach. That probably will not happen :lol:. Wishing for a more energetic and incisive moderator too.

*still has to watch the debate*

My partner does not see things the way I do. We heard a commercial on the radio, and my partner said that Obama did not get rid of "Don't Ask Don't Tell". Um...

*sighs*

We had this debate two years ago, seriously. He grew up with Fox News, so it's no wonder he doesn't even realize that he's got things kinda backwards. We don't have TV, but he wants it, and he will find out real quick that I refuse to listen to Fox News. His feelings about the health care system, those I can understand, but Obama didn't really make that bill. He just allowed it to pass to get something there.

At least he's not trying to say Romney would be better. But then, we don't really follow politics much anyway.

Obama got his ass handed to him at the debate. He should have just skipped the debate and took his wife out for their anniversary.

I thought Chris Matthews from MSNBC was going to bust a vein or start crying.

Romney won, I have to admit that no matter how much I hate it.

To folks who follow politics, we can pat ourselves on the back and say Romney came across as a lying bully, who used subtle race-baiting references for his base to lick up (I have five 'boys' while calling Obama a liar) and not-so-subtle threats against Jim Leher via "I like you Jim and I like Big Bird too but I'll cut off support to PBS."

But to many voters, it's more about appearance than to substance, and in appearance, Romney took the brass ring.

Nordling said:

To folks who follow politics, we can pat ourselves on the back and say Romney came across as a lying bully, who used subtle race-baiting references for his base to lick up (I have five 'boys' while calling Obama a liar) and not-so-subtle threats against Jim Leher via "I like you Jim and I like Big Bird too but I'll cut off support to PBS."

But to many voters, it's more about appearance than to substance, and in appearance, Romney took the brass ring.

I will agree with you that in the eyes of the uninformed public Romney won this one. Personally I thought Romney came off as more polished and comfortable. I would not say he won though. Maybe in the next couple of debates the gloves will come off. No mention of the 47%, no mention of Bain capital, no mention of his tax returns or any of the other recent gaffes. It seemed that Obama was just playing a prevent defense and hoping Romney would just sink himself.

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/dubious-denver-debate-declarations/

Reactions: LadyLuna
Just Me said:
Nordling said:

I will agree with you that in the eyes of the uninformed public Romney won this one. Personally I thought Romney came off as more polished and comfortable. I would not say he won though. Maybe in the next couple of debates the gloves will come off. No mention of the 47%, no mention of Bain capital, no mention of his tax returns or any of the other recent gaffes. It seemed that Obama was just playing a prevent defense and hoping Romney would just sink himself.

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/dubious-denver-debate-declarations/
A lot of folks have been suggesting it was a strategy, like you suggest. May have been, especially after hearing his rally speeches today...back on top of his game with that wonderful oratory. At the debate, he was being "Presidential," where Romney was the crying bully...even picking on an old man...Leher.

I, like many, am often guilty of the desire to see "Shaft" when our Prez is really Mr. Tibbs...brilliant, quiet, reflective. I'll trust him on this one. :)

Well I listened to the debate rather than watched it, so perhaps I got a different perspective. Romney certainly can talk a good game but he just kept repeating the same things over and over "I'll create jobs, we'll get this country back on track" it's just rhetoric, none of it was backed up by facts and figures.

From a viewer's perspective Romney may have come off as confident and statesmanlike, but if you don't watch the video and just listen to the words it was all just hot air. He's promising everything to everyone, while Obama - and admittedly to a television audience this was probably his mistake - was speaking in more practical terms of what is and isn't possible. The bunch of promises Romney was trying to sell were simply too good to be true - and you know what they say about something that's too good to be true...

I'm going to go against the popular opinion here and say I actually have more respect for Obama than before the debate. How many politicians would publicly say they neither a perfect man nor a perfect president? Not Romney that's for damn sure, he just nods his head and promises everything to everyone as if he can wave a magic wand.

Reactions: Nordling
Jupiter551 said:
Well I listened to the debate rather than watched it, so perhaps I got a different perspective. Romney certainly can talk a good game but he just kept repeating the same things over and over "I'll create jobs, we'll get this country back on track" it's just rhetoric, none of it was backed up by facts and figures.

From a viewer's perspective Romney may have come off as confident and statesmanlike, but if you don't watch the video and just listen to the words it was all just hot air. He's promising everything to everyone, while Obama - and admittedly to a television audience this was probably his mistake - was speaking in more practical terms of what is and isn't possible. The bunch of promises Romney was trying to sell were simply too good to be true - and you know what they say about something that's too good to be true...

I'm going to go against the popular opinion here and say I actually have more respect for Obama than before the debate. How many politicians would publicly say they neither a perfect man nor a perfect president? Not Romney that's for damn sure, he just nods his head and promises everything to everyone as if he can wave a magic wand.
Agree. When I say Romney "won," I meant in the immediate sense that all those so-called experts, the TV pundits were convinced of this, even many on the left. Part of the problem with the video version was the way the cameras made it look like Obama was looking at his shoes when Romney spoke, when the reality was, he was taking notes.

Romney is a piece of cheesy, recycled plastic who will never stand by his convictions, because he has none. That the polls show him as good as they do, is a tell about our misinformed electorate.

Writing in Ron Paul!
Oh and I don't see this as throwing away a vote... I see voting for someone you don't like as throwing away a vote. Voting for the "lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil!

Poker_Babe said:
Writing in Ron Paul!
Oh and I don't see this as throwing away a vote... I see voting for someone you don't like as throwing away a vote. Voting for the "lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil!

I have to agree. Statistically, one vote will almost certainly never matter anyway (and will be recounted into submission in the rare case where it comes close). I generally try to avoid politics, but one reason I do is because if we want to have our votes count in the real contest, we have to choose the person who horrifies us less rather than someone whose ideas we actually endorse. I don't have a comment one way or the other on Ron Paul, but I applaud your voting for a person you actually approve of instead of the major party candidate you hate less.

Poker_Babe said:
Writing in Ron Paul!

If you like Ron Paul's policy and you are looking for somebody like him. You really should considering for a guy who is actually on the ballot in all 50. Gary Johnson http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/ the Libertarian candidate, he is successful 2 term Gov. of New Mexico and IMO his ideas are lot more practical than most of Ron Paul's stuff.

I'm not sure if I will be voting for him.

Obama got owned in that debate!

CzrXQ.jpg

Obama looks very 'Presidential,' as many have said?

A blog from women who have worked with Romney http://www.blogher.com/member/gillespie

Reactions: Airwolfe
:lol: My condolences to "women who have worked with Romney." Good choice for making a non-point...Dennis Miller--failed comedian who's now an annoying right-wing curmudgeon. lol

Attachments

• Romney Impression.jpg
    Romney Impression.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: MrRodry
The Huffington Post said:
PBS CEO Paula Kerger: Mitt Romney's Debate Attack Was 'Stunning' (VIDEO)

The CEO of PBS fired back at Mitt Romney Thursday, saying that it was "stunning" that the Republican candidate had singled her network out in Wednesday's debate.

Romney had one of his most memorable moments when he vowed to cut the federal subsidy to public broadcasting.

"I'm sorry Jim, I'm gonna stop the subsidy to PBS," he told moderator Jim Lehrer, who has worked for PBS since the 1970s. "I like PBS, I love Big Bird, I actually like you too, but I'm going to stop borrowing money from China to pay for things we don't need."

PBS chief Paula Kerger spoke to CNN's Carol Costello on Thursday, and didn't mince words in her response to Romney.

"With the enormous problems facing our country, the fact that we are the focus is just unbelievable to me," she said. Later, she called it a "stunning moment."

Noting that the debate touched on education, she called PBS "America's biggest classroom," adding, "This is not about the budget. It has to be about politics."

Kerger also fact-checked Romney -- who she has tussled with before -- pointing out that PBS doesn't get any direct money from the government.

"In fact, the money that comes from the government into the Corporation for Public Broadcasting goes to our member stations," she said.

Curiously, Kerger declined to praise or defend Lehrer, who has been tarred and feathered for his moderating.

"It was a very complicated debate structure," she said.

PBS also issued a blistering statement after the debate:

PBS said:
We are very disappointed that PBS became a political target in the Presidential debate last night. Governor Romney does not understand the value the American people place on public broadcasting and the outstanding return on investment the system delivers to our nation. We think it is important to set the record straight and let the facts speak for themselves. The federal investment in public broadcasting equals about one one-hundredth of one percent of the federal budget. Elimination of funding would have virtually no impact on the nation’s debt. Yet the loss to the American public would be devastating.
A national survey by the bipartisan research firms of Hart Research and American Viewpoint in 2011 found that over two-thirds of American voters (69%) oppose proposals to eliminate government funding of public broadcasting, with Americans across the political spectrum against such a cut.

As a stated supporter of education, Governor Romney should be a champion of public broadcasting, yet he is willing to wipe out services that reach the vast majority of Americans, including underserved audiences, such as children who cannot attend preschool and citizens living in rural areas.

For more than 40 years, Big Bird has embodied the public broadcasting mission – harnessing the power of media for the good of every citizen, regardless of where they live or their ability to pay. Our system serves as a universally accessible resource for education, history, science, arts and civil discourse.

[...]

Earlier in 2012, a Harris Interactive poll confirmed that Americans consider PBS the most trusted public institution and the second most valuable use of public funds, behind only national defense, for the 9th consecutive year.

A key thing to remember is that public television and radio stations are locally owned and community focused and they are experts in working efficiently to make limited resources produce results. In fact, for every $1.00 of federal funding invested, they raise an additional $6.00 on their own – a highly effective public-private partnership.

Numerous studies -- including one requested by Congress earlier this year -- have stated categorically that while the federal investment in public broadcasting is relatively modest, the absence of this critical seed money would cripple the system and bring its services to an end.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/0 ... 39546.html

So, Romney got plans for a better education but, at the same, he wants to close down one of the most accessible educational assets and people will lost their jobs on the process... O Logic, Where Art Thou?

I never knew you were a fan of Twitter Bocefish.

LgCvw.jpg

Does doing well in a debate matter if every thinks you did it by telling lies?

I have to agree. It's a sad statement that the American electorate will change their vote because one debater is taking notes while the other debater is telling lies--and change it to the liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.