AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What makes a popular model magic?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Troll

Deactivated Account
May 15, 2014
Far away
Think of a popular model that you like (whatever you class as popular).
What makes her amazing?

Reactions: TicTacToe
Not sure we need to name a specific model, so will be general.

They communicate well. Those I think of remember names, say hellos when they can.
They are honest with their interests, and know what they like.
Exceptional beauty adds magic for sure, but there may be something else that makes them special.
They know what is acceptable, have standards, are selective sometimes.
They generally never lose friends, and keep making them.
They pay attention, they may not have time, but notice those important to them.
As they become popular they are still the same with old friends.
They seem to trust their instinct more than most.
They enjoy being spent on as much as you enjoy spending on them. They have fun with you when you can, look forward to it sometimes.

Think I will name one: Ana_Ro (mfc).

Connectivity.

Successful "magic" models are able to connect with a great number of the viewers imparting an impression of a special form of intimacy.

Let's be honest, at any given time there are 1000+ pairs of breasts, and other female body parts of display on MFC. For a lot of members, finding a set that hits their target zone for beauty is enough. They will scan, find, and go splort.

But a lot of members are looking for something else. They are looking for intimacy. Connectivity. They want to be 'seen' even if that only means being acknowledged by a model as being there. They want to feel valued for being there.

Magic models are able to impart that feeling with a degree of ease that makes it seem almost invisible. They make members feel welcomed, and included. They build cultures in their rooms that have inside jokes and make a member feel psychologically that they are part of a 'club' that is special. A 'club' that anyone can join.

There are dozens of paths to do this, and if ones looks at models that are the majority of members agree 'have something special' you'll find they all get there a bit differently. Which is why non-nude models can be top level successful ones. It's not all about the sex. It's also about the Intimacy that so many people crave.

Myriads

They get to be popular AND magic? Those bitches. Hehehehehe.
Seriously, though calling them magic is kind of demeaning to what they're pulling off, and worse, misleading to the girls who aren't doing well and think their time will magically come. The big girls of MFC mostly A. Understand their strong points B. Understand who their audience is C. Are willing/able to put in the time D. Understand the workings of MFC E. Have the ability to roll with the competitive and sometimes painful nature of MFC

Maybe it's because of the crazy earning potential for a small portion of MFC girls that everyone likes to think there's a trick to it that is given freely to some and not others, but I don't know. That seems silly. Sure, there are a few girls who probably lucked into success or are just too beautiful not to have people throwing tokens at them, but a quick jaunt to page 2 and beyond proves that beautiful, fun girls can fail pretty easily if they don't know what they're up to.

Ability to stay on longer than 4 hours without zoning out or freaking out.

When I get back to MFC I want to gradually ramp up my hours online, I dont know how anyone can handle bright lights and social interaction for that long! :shock: I think being extroverted or at least good at pretending to be is vital, and having a personality that appeals to a lot of people.

JickyJuly said:
Seriously, though calling them magic is kind of demeaning to what they're pulling off, and worse, misleading to the girls who aren't doing well and think their time will magically come. The big girls of MFC mostly A. Understand their strong points B. Understand who their audience is C. Are willing/able to put in the time D. Understand the workings of MFC E. Have the ability to roll with the competitive and sometimes painful nature of MFC

Maybe it's because of the crazy earning potential for a small portion of MFC girls that everyone likes to think there's a trick to it that is given freely to some and not others, but I don't know. That seems silly. Sure, there are a few girls who probably lucked into success or are just too beautiful not to have people throwing tokens at them, but a quick jaunt to page 2 and beyond proves that beautiful, fun girls can fail pretty easily if they don't know what they're up to.

There is no doubt in me melon how difficult it is to be a full time cam girl. However, in regards to the OP's model magic, if I may interject my humble opinion... it's in how it seems so effortless and genuine for a select few.

Amy Lemon comes to mind. :whistle:

:twocents-02cents:

JickyJuly said:
Seriously, though calling them magic is kind of demeaning to what they're pulling off, and worse, misleading to the girls who aren't doing well and think their time will magically come.
Magic was the right word, amazing in some way. Skilled models can be somewhat popular, the right lighting, cam, consistency, offering the right rewards to her target market and so on. Genius can be learnt, but talent can also be genius... I was asking about the talent, those things few others will ever learn.

Jessi said:
Ability to stay on longer than 4 hours without zoning out or freaking out.
I think being extroverted or at least good at pretending to be is vital, and having a personality that appeals to a lot of people.
This to me suggests a form of talent/ magic.
Bocefish said:
if I may interject my humble opinion... it's in how it seems so effortless and genuine for a select few.

As a member you definitely feel the magic, usually you leave smiling every time. Of course not every magic model (amazing model) is popular, but those who are have the potential to be. That is the premise here anyway.

Reactions: LittleRedEnvy
Ambers Troll said:
As they become popular they are still the same with old friends.

Think I will name one: Ana_Ro (mfc).

These lines from earlier just lost their magic... something I never expected to find myself saying.
Popular, like magic, is usually only illusion sadly.
I am certain I will never log back onto a chat site again now (even to say hello).

94WhPEM.gif

Rest in peace Amber Troll's cam watcher time. Nobody will ever "setup" a model for a bad private like you did...

Nobody...

there is no magic in camming. no, it really is not the right word.
just because someone is successful in their field does not mean they have magical allure.
perhaps a better way of saying it would be that they've successfully built a customer base? no magic there.
----
i'm gonna wave my magic wand around and pretend i never read this post. and some pixie dust. maybe a crystal ball and a unicorn.

mellymay said:
there is no magic in camming. no, it really is not the right word.
just because someone is successful in their field does not mean they have magical allure.
perhaps a better way of saying it would be that they've successfully built a customer base? no magic there.
----
i'm gonna wave my magic wand around and pretend i never read this post. and some pixie dust. maybe a crystal ball and a unicorn.
Decided to rephrase this question. The one that I have asked myself so very often.
Ambers Troll said:
Think of a popular model that you like (whatever you class as popular).
What makes her amazing?
There is no trick or illusion, some people just are.... which models are amazing for you.

HINT: They are usually the ones you feel guilty about leaving to choose and spend on another more persistent model. They are the ones who say hello just because they want to, even though they are busy with hundreds in their room. The ones you visit as a member because it must be them and only them. The ones who seem to wait for that next great moment to enjoy with those they favour (you never mind that you are 1 of many, just that you are 1).

LindaOnline (mfc), Mellanny (mfc), and AdySweet (mfc) are lovely examples but by no means exclusive of this type of model. They do work hard but they would never think of their supporters as a customer base, each is exclusive.

Answering my own question: Exclusivity in a sea of so many others, with so little personal reward is amazing to me.... Someone who can see something special in those they like, so quickly, and easily has always impressed me.

I think you could say that some models have a seductive personality, if you do not like using the world 'magical' to describe them. Honestly, saying a model is magic doesn't really bother me but seductive seems especially fitting. There are some models who can grab a viewers attention the moment they come into their room. That, in itself, is a form of seduction even if they're not doing anything sexual.

Her energy could be seductive, the way that she speaks to people, her effervescent smile, her innate talents - all of these can be seductive and capture a viewer in a matter of seconds. Who is to say that seduction isn't magical? Magic can simply mean "wonderful, exciting" (look it up). There are many models who are wonderful and exciting, wouldn't you agree?

I think what makes a good cam girl. Is the fact that they actually want to be there. You can tell in the top 20 of women, every room you go into(unless there foreign girls who only got there because of there pimp). They LOVE there jobs. I mean think about it, when you go to your favorite resturant. Who do you most likely tip more? Its typically the waitress that is on top of her shit and is always smiling, always making sure your happy, and always happy to help you anyway she can, and throws in a little small talk/jokes here and there. When you can tell someone loves there work it makes them more appealing to approach. Top models make tons of money because they dedicate there life to being successful on cam, and no one dedicates that much time unless they really enjoy what they do.

SilentOne said:
I think what makes a good cam girl. Is the fact that they actually want to be there. You can tell in the top 20 of women, every room you go into(unless there foreign girls who only got there because of there pimp). They LOVE there jobs. I mean think about it, when you go to your favorite resturant. Who do you most likely tip more? Its typically the waitress that is on top of her shit and is always smiling, always making sure your happy, and always happy to help you anyway she can, and throws in a little small talk/jokes here and there. When you can tell someone loves there work it makes them more appealing to approach. Top models make tons of money because they dedicate there life to being successful on cam, and no one dedicates that much time unless they really enjoy what they do.

Oh them foreigners must have "magical pimps" that wave their wand against the Eye of Sauron and end up being in top every gawdamn year. :?

And I'm also quite positive those foreigners want to dominate the world, they also practice Santeria and they'll kill baby goats just to remain in top 20/100. Beware!

JordanBlack said:
SilentOne said:

Oh them foreigners must have "magical pimps" that wave their wand against the Eye of Sauron and end up being in top every gawdamn year. :?

And I'm also quite positive those foreigners want to dominate the world, they also practice Santeria and they'll kill baby goats just to remain in top 20/100. Beware!

Oh my word. I've been wondering about this screenshot for ages, but have always been too scared to ask. Finally, it all makes sense now! :shock:

Hahahaha. Don't hate me. I HAD to! It was just too good to pass up. :lol:

Attachments

• Jordan baby goats.png
    Jordan baby goats.png
    991.4 KB · Views: 607
JerryBoBerry said:
JordanBlack said:
SilentOne said:

Oh my word. I've been wondering about this screenshot for ages, but have always been too scared to ask. Finally, it all makes sense now! :shock:

Hahahaha. Don't hate me. I HAD to! It was just too good to pass up. :lol:

Ahahahahahha! Good one Jerry! I had to look twice, I thought those were all my cats that I usually use during my seances. I call them my little furry witches, they sometimes take the form of my pimps.

Thank you for a good chuckle. Love the goats, but you know, they don't seem too scared that I might sacrifice them in order to reach the top 20.

Edit: what's that goat doing humping Gypsy-cat in bed. Bad goat, bad bad goat!

JickyJuly said:

You know, I was going to write up an incredibly mushy post about what makes my favorite camgirl my favorite camgirl, but to be honest I can't put it any better than this.

Camgirl success comes to those who are willing and capable of working their ass off, but also mindful of the need to reattach it before getting on cam.

JordanBlack said:
SilentOne said:

There is no other way to foreigners make top 100. How the hell people think I made top 50? prft

3NM3ONz.gif

MliMxLn.gif

YzlLDY0.gif

Gween said:
JordanBlack said:
SilentOne said:

There is no other way to foreigners make top 100. How the hell people think I made top 50? prft

3NM3ONz.gif

MliMxLn.gif

YzlLDY0.gif

My mistake, not all foriegners. Just a majority. There are foreign girls who do a really good job. But I've seen tons where they are in the top 100 and have 20 people in there room maybe while they just sit and stare not getting tipped at all. You know the girl only got up that high because the studio she works with tipped her themselves a ton of money to give her more viewers. But this never works and idk why they keep insisting it does

SilentOne said:
Gween said:
JordanBlack said:
SilentOne said:

3NM3ONz.gif

MliMxLn.gif

YzlLDY0.gif

My mistake, not all foriegners. Just a majority. There are foreign girls who do a really good job. But I've seen tons where they are in the top 100 and have 20 people in there room maybe while they just sit and stare not getting tipped at all. You know the girl only got up that high because the studio she works with tipped her themselves a ton of money to give her more viewers. But this never works and idk why they keep insisting it does

Do you have ANY idea how much they'd need to tip to accomplish that? I sincerely doubt any Top100 or Top20 girls got there by studio tips. False camscore inflation when they first start, maybe, but tipping them into to finishing Top100/20? No way.

Not to mention, with a number like 100, though somewhat largish, there simply isn't room for "tons of foreign models." lol Seriously, I simply haven't seen anything amiss among "foreign" models, certainly not a majority of them. To accomplish that, the so-called "foreign pimps" would make better use of their money simply buying MFC. lol #absurd

SexyStephXS said:
SilentOne said:
Gween said:
JordanBlack said:
SilentOne said:

3NM3ONz.gif

MliMxLn.gif

YzlLDY0.gif

Do you have ANY idea how much they'd need to tip to accomplish that? I sincerely doubt any Top100 or Top20 girls got there by studio tips. False camscore inflation when they first start, maybe, but tipping them into to finishing Top100/20? No way.
Well it could be money laundering. They may not give a shit about the girls popularity and success.

PlayboyMegan said:
Well it could be money laundering. They may not give a shit about the girls popularity and success.

There are better ways to launder your money than to willingly lose 50%. :/

SilentOne said:
My mistake, not all foriegners. Just a majority.
What a stupid comment. Not sure if you are just really dumb/unaware or if you just don't like foreigners.

SexyStephXS said:
Yeah I've never really believed the money laundering stories. I believe fraud happens all the time but money laundering? lol naw Models would be making way more if money laundering was involved. And yeah, camsites would be a awful option.

PunkInDrublic said:
SilentOne said:
My mistake, not all foriegners. Just a majority.
What a stupid comment. Not sure if you are just really dumb/unaware or if you just don't like foreigners.

SexyStephXS said:
Yeah I've never really believed the money laundering stories. I believe fraud happens all the time but money laundering? lol naw Models would be making way more if money laundering was involved. And yeah, camsites would be a awful option.

I got curious, and bored, and already had my spreadsheet open.

I figured I'd just run the numbers, the 'extreme' numbers to see how bad the option would actually be.
I went with the following assumptions here. Back when maryjane got that 467k tip it put her at the number one position that month for 12 days before she was passed. So I'm assuming a single tip of that amount on the first of the month. And, yes, i'm ignoring taxes in this scenario because that gets too complicated to calculate for every location. Then I used the 3775 token packages at $299.99 each and didn't round off anything. Given those numbers. They would have to spend around $37K to buy that many tokens. The model would get back all but $13.7K. So on average every day they would need to make 9174 tokens for the month to make back what they were out.

You can think about those numbers yourself. But I tend to think if 'the best looking and most charming talker' of the bunch were suddenly jumped to number one spot and had a really good chance of staying right there for around half the month, nine thousand tokens daily wouldn't be a problem. I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to make more actually. And combine that with the fact you could do 'girl girl' shows to highlight other ladies in your studio thus helping out their incomes. Also the boost to her camscore would be there for 60 days.

Not saying anyone is doing it to that extreme. But I wouldn't rule it being done on some scale, possibly a larger scale than might be thought about. Even if they don't make any extra money back it's still a higher rate of return than many other laundering methods.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 7_23_2014 , 4_33_01 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 7_23_2014 , 4_33_01 PM.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 475
JerryBoBerry said:
Even if they don't make any extra money back it's still a higher rate of return than many other laundering methods.
Is it? What other methods are that bad? I know people should expect at least a 10% loss but 50 seems crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.