AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things models say that make you go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss_Lollipop said:
tipping before pvt = a sort of guarantee that she doesn't get screwed with a short pvt?

If you had to pay $10 just to order a $40 dollar meal, would you pay it or go to another restaurant without the additional fee? Some people may pay it, but you'll never know how much business was lost due to the upfront additional charges. Bad business IMO, but it's not my call.

Reactions: LilyMarie
Bocefish said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
tipping before pvt = a sort of guarantee that she doesn't get screwed with a short pvt?

If you had to pay $10 just to order a $40 dollar meal, would you pay it or go to another restaurant without the additional fee? Some people may pay it, but you'll never know how much business was lost due to the upfront additional charges. Bad business IMO, but it's not my call.

I didn't say I did it.. i just sorta figured that was the reasoning?

Reactions: Bocefish
Miss_Lollipop said:
Bocefish said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

I didn't say I did it.. i just sorta figured that was the reasoning?

I guess I can kinda see it, but it's a gamble. Kinda like servers deciding whether or not to add the gratuity to the check. Many have screwed themselves by doing that to me. I put my wallet away (figuratively speaking) when I see the grat added to the check. Saved me some money.

That may seem like a bassackwards analogy, but I don't think so. It's just that the tip (grat) is placed at a different time. To me that sets a bad tone. If I had to tip to get a private, then I'm thinking, OK, this is gonna be a wham bam I got my nut, I'm out (if it even gets that far, which is highly doubtful, upfront for privates=I take my happy ass elsewhere). Whereas one with no upfront tip would not be as hurried, there might be some lingering, possibly a thank you tip after it's done.

I see it as models that do this sort of thing set themselves up for short privates just by the very nature of the transaction.

As I said, I can see where models would do this, kind of a CYAssets sort of thing, but ultimately I think it hurts more than helps.

:twocents-02cents:

A few days ago I saw a very successful model whose topic said that the highest tipper during her countdown could take her to trueprivate afterwards. I'm not yet sure what to think about that.

Bocefish said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

If it's a girl who doesn't make much a huge amount/hr that would be a terrible plan for sure. But for the top 5% of girls it seems smart. If she usually makes more per minute in public or has a large crowd of tippers, a tip before going would just be more like insurance. Kind of like restaurants that add a percentage of gratuity to the bill if you have a large table that's going to take up too much of a waiters time to let them have more tables at the same time. Some people don't like that practice either, but if they were in the waitstaffs' shoes, they'd appreciate it.

LilyMarie said:
A few days ago I saw a very successful model whose topic said that the highest tipper during her countdown could take her to trueprivate afterwards. I'm not yet sure what to think about that.

I saw that too! LOL.

It's like saying "The highest tipper wins a chance to spend MORE money on me in true private. Weeeee!!!"

I was like 'huh'???

Bocefish said:
It's one thing to require a minimum 300 token private or something, but having to tip in order to spend your own money? WTF!? :snooty:

What if she requires that you tip the 100 tokens first, and then spend the remaining 200 tokens in private?

It's so easy for a guy to NOT tip at all (and never even greet the model), buzz her for private, and then bail 10 seconds later after she's butt ass naked. I, and other models, cannot stand it when some random guy (who hasn't even tipped or said hello) suddenly buzzes you for private just to see some real quick full nudity and real quick toy play. And I'm talking about the idiots with only 60 tokens who take you private and immediately type "Fuck dat pussy bb." That's almost as bad as the guys on ImLive (the first 20 secs. in private are FREE) who IMMEDIATELY type "Fuck dat pussy bb" and then leave before the 20 seconds are up.

The_Brown_Fox said:
LilyMarie said:

I saw that too! LOL.

It's like saying "The highest tipper wins a chance to spend MORE money on me in true private. Weeeee!!!"

I was like 'huh'???
Me too. But what do I know? xD She can probably afford to be picky, people want privates with her all the time.

I'm pretty certain that it's good business practice to simply not take privates unless the token-flow is slow, and generally take them from people who you enjoy spending private time with... but then again, I realise that not everybody has the luxury of being selective. If I was a cam model, I still wouldn't take privates with someone who I barely know though.

I'd say charging 100tks for going into private is a little odd, since that would reduce a 5minute private (very short private, but enough to get into it) to a 3.5 minute private that isn't really worth going into (it takes more time to put the clothes back on, and it's not really worth ditching your room-count for it).

I like what Jessi does - she doesn't usually take privates until her countdowns have finished (or if they're pretty much halted), usually only takes them after discussing in pm about what the requests would be, and prioritizes them for her friends/regs.

EDIT - @Lily's convo - it depends on how the model usually runs her room. If it's something like Amber's, who never takes private shows anymore, then her guys may be honoured to have the chance of taking their favourite model into private. Or perhaps, she has something special that she won't do outside of private shows that she would in a true-private (specific fetish requests, anyone?)

Of course, I'm not suggesting that they would stop or anything - we're just sharing ideas here. The point was whether it's a good idea to charge a fee for going into private, which I'd say 'in most circumstances, not really'.

I guess I'm one of the few who understands the reasoning behind the "Random guys tip first before going private" idea. And I agree with ohmystarz that us going back and forth about it probably isn't gonna do any good. But I've noticed that some people on forums just like to argue. LOL.

I no longer accept private shows with random guys who haven't talked to me/tipped. I work hard to keep the attention of the people in my room with the teasing, etc. that I do. I don't need some dude 10 seconds away from cumming taking me into a private show, only for him to expect a 10-second toy play private session. I am so sick of that, so thanks, but no thanks.

Do I accept private shows? Yes, I do. But not if it's not worth it for me. If you only have 60 tokens, then you really have no business trying to take a model private...unless you plan on buying more tokens beforehand.

How have you acted so far in my public chat? Were you one of the awesome guys having friendly conversation with me and tipping me small amounts every so often? Okay, cool. If you were really cool and ASKED ME (not just assumed) if I'd like to go private, I'll probably accept. Remember to ASK first...not assume. We're not all the Energizer Bunny, you know...ready to fuck a dildo ASAP at the snap of your fingers. :lol:

Or have you lurked my room for an entire hour and never tipped? If so, why on Earth would you randomly buzz me for private and expect me to accept it? Just about every single time I've accepted a private invite from one of those random guys, it was a ridiculously short session. And I'm talking NOT EVEN one minute in length...

You guys may not understand it because you're not the ones behind the camera, so it's easy for you to say "I gotta tip her before private? FUCK that!"

It's one thing if you are a regular in her room, and someone that she actually trusts. If you are some random guy who won't even bother to say hi and you won't tip her a little something, why buzz her for a private show, knowing that you'll end it in less than a minute? A lot of models will BAN you for that shit.

It's been mentioned before on here, but I think it'd be great if MFC had it so that you MUST have the token minimum before sending a private show invite. If the model has a 300/400-token minimum for private but you only have 60 tokens, you CANNOT initiate a private session. That would be pretty cool.

I'd like to clarify here - when I'm referring to 100tks for joining private, I'm referring to it as a requirement. I understand if a guy chooses to tip, so the model feels more comfortable and trusting of a random guy who's just really eager to take her into private.

I guess ultimately it depends on what the member/model wants. If a member wants a brief vagina-flash, then it's probably better to negotiate a tip-for-flash thing, or a small vid purchase than to pester the model for a 5 minute or less private show.

On the back-and-forth thing - I enjoy participating in them, but I guess it's a good idea to be mindful of those who don't enjoy the distracting arguments as much as I do. I'm sorry, starz.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Bocefish said:
It's one thing to require a minimum 300 token private or something, but having to tip in order to spend your own money? WTF!? :snooty:

What if she requires that you tip the 100 tokens first, and then spend the remaining 200 tokens in private?

That makes no sense to me. Why would any premium agree to cutting 1/3 off their time in private?

As I've said before, I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a minimum token requirement for private shows or face perma-ban. It's also perfectly reasonable to make the prem show he has at least the minimum you require. Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing without requiring an upfront fee?

If you've got a line of 20 people DYING to take you private, chances are at least half of them are willing to pay a small token fee up front in order to actually do so. It's something that I would consider doing if I was doing privates once in a while.

When you have something that is special/rare, charging a small bit up front for it isn't out of the ordinary. Just like my special group shows... I have a countdown ahead of time to guarantee I at least make a certain amount when I pull out the big guns. If people really want to see the super special shows, they're willing to chuck a few extra coins into the pot first. It helps a TON.

Bocefish said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Bocefish said:

That makes no sense to me. Why would any premium agree to cutting 1/3 off their time in private?

As I've said before, I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a minimum token requirement for private shows or face perma-ban. It's also perfectly reasonable to make the prem show he has at least the minimum you require. Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing without requiring an upfront fee?

Well someone who wants to lie about doing the minimum token requirement isn't really gonna give a shit about being perma banned... just saying.
I can understand it honestly. I only take private shows from people I know and feel comfortable with anymore. On the occasion that I might take a random one it's ONLY if they have chatted and tipped a bit in my room, setting up a good rapport. The last handful of times I took a risk and took a total random after a quick "ground rules" pm I was left pissed the fuck off and feeling gross after 2 minutes. Totally not worth my time whatsoever. So I'm the model that is hard to go private with now. Tipping an amount before private seems a lot easier than my requirement of "make me like you." :lol: If I wanted to be open to new people again I would probably do something similar. Showing tokens doesn't work. The last few had far over my minimum requirement and still ended super quick.

Yeah, I agree amber - I'm just wording my thoughts extremely badly in my other post. It makes perfect sense to do something special and rare for a small additional fee, like tipping an erotic dancer to do a special request.

It doesn't make so much sense to charge a fee of 100tks for every private if they're not rare/special, though. It would seem to be a strategy that would chase away more legitimate privates than it would prevent 1 minute guys. If the member chooses to give the fee though, I'd say its fair. Its an easier requirement than to be liked by the model.

I just think its a bad idea to take privates from randoms in general (those who've just entered the room) if you're not struggling for tokens. I don't think it's really worth the hassle.

EDIT - word usage correction.

RogueWarrior said:
I guess I can kinda see it, but it's a gamble. Kinda like servers deciding whether or not to add the gratuity to the check. Many have screwed themselves by doing that to me. I put my wallet away (figuratively speaking) when I see the grat added to the check. Saved me some money.
This is off topic slightly, but as someone who was a waitress for 5 years I can say that adding gratuity is rarely at the servers discretion. If the check was printed by a computer, the gratuity is added automatically once a predetermined price or party count is reached. It's done by the system and can't be overridden by the server, usually that requires a manager and is an awful lot of trouble. If the check is handwritten, the server generally still has to follow guidelines for gratuity. Of all the places I ever waited tables, I was never given the option of adding gratuity when I wanted.
There were times when I wished I could have(repeat non-tippers).
Please don't take it out on the server when gratuity is added the the check, it's generally not their choice. :thumbleft:
I'm in NJ though, so maybe things are different where you are.

JoleneJolene said:
Bocefish said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Bocefish said:

Well someone who wants to lie about doing the minimum token requirement isn't really gonna give a shit about being perma banned... just saying.
I can understand it honestly. I only take private shows from people I know and feel comfortable with anymore. On the occasion that I might take a random one it's ONLY if they have chatted and tipped a bit in my room, setting up a good rapport. The last handful of times I took a risk and took a total random after a quick "ground rules" pm I was left pissed the fuck off and feeling gross after 2 minutes. Totally not worth my time whatsoever. So I'm the model that is hard to go private with now. Tipping an amount before private seems a lot easier than my requirement of "make me like you." :lol: If I wanted to be open to new people again I would probably do something similar. Showing tokens doesn't work. The last few had far over my minimum requirement and still ended super quick.

I'm a little confused - are you saying that you'd charge the fee for randoms, but not for people who you like? In that case, I understand - but I'd say it might not be very effective because they no longer have the tokens to spend the time with you. Does charging the 100tks make you feel more comfortable with short privates though? It would make more sense to me if it did.

I thought we were originally talking about charging a 100tks fee for everyone. Oops!

Reactions: uniquecoco
All valid points Amber and JJ, thanks for your input. Just for the record, I also previously stated that setting a goal prior to a special group is perfectly reasonable too. :) It's a total shame that fucktards have ruined a good thing. Maybe it would be a good idea for MFC to incorporate a separate model rating on prem's profiles to give models a better idea of who they're dealing with.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Bocefish said:
All valid points Amber and JJ, thanks for your input. Just for the record, I also previously stated that setting a goal prior to a special group is perfectly reasonable too. :) It's a total shame that fucktards have ruined a good thing. Maybe it would be a good idea for MFC to incorporate a separate model rating on prem's profiles to give models a better idea of who they're dealing with.

I think honestly it would be more worth MFC's time to actually set a minimum token requirement for private that can be passed but has to be met. If the member opts out of the private before the minimum time they are still charged the minimum tokens. It would have to have a message that pops up and requires the member to accept or decline before the model even gets the private request.

JoleneJolene said:
Bocefish said:

I think honestly it would be more worth MFC's time to actually set a minimum token requirement for private that can be passed but has to be met. If the member opts out of the private before the minimum time they are still charged the minimum tokens. It would have to have a message that pops up and requires the member to accept or decline before the model even gets the private request.

That would be fine by me too. The only time I took a model private for a short time was when nudity wasn't allowed in free chat and I only had a few credits left, but really wanted to see her bewbies. I PM'd her and let her know how many tokens I had left and that all I wanted was a good flash and jiggle, lolz. My point is that it might also be a good idea to have the option for models to disable the minimum private requirement amount under special circumstances.

Bocefish said:
JoleneJolene said:
Bocefish said:

That would be fine by me too. The only time I took a model private for a short time was when nudity wasn't allowed in free chat and I only had a few credits left, but really wanted to see her bewbies. I PM'd her and let her know how many tokens I had left and that all I wanted was a good flash and jiggle, lolz. My point is that it might also be a good idea to have the option for models to disable the minimum private requirement amount under special circumstances.

Oh yes absolutely! Obviously it would have to work like the dreaded minimum tip thing. Where we set it to whatever amount we think is fair or not at all and can easily turn it on and off.
Heck, this would have been a great idea for them to do INSTEAD of the minimum tip! Jesus! I feel like the heavens just opened and I want to smack some random Admin now.

JoleneJolene said:
Bocefish said:
JoleneJolene said:
Bocefish said:

Oh yes absolutely! Obviously it would have to work like the dreaded minimum tip thing. Where we set it to whatever amount we think is fair or not at all and can easily turn it on and off.
Heck, this would have been a great idea for them to do INSTEAD of the minimum tip! Jesus! I feel like the heavens just opened and I want to smack some random Admin now.

Excellent idea!! :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :clap:

Bocefish said:
JoleneJolene said:
Bocefish said:
JoleneJolene said:
Bocefish said:

Excellent idea!! :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :clap:

For the first time ever I think I may actually take some time and write out a suggestion to Kevin... I'm a little scared!

Bocefish said:

Well if you know how to treat the model right (TALK to her like a human being...TIP her if you enjoy her room) PRIOR to initiating the private session, maybe she'd feel comfortable accepting your private session invite. Maybe models wouldn't feel the need to enforce such a rule if more guys would use common sense and acknowledge her presence (and typing "I'm horny...wanna see u fuck dat pussy in prvt" doesn't count...lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.