AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Someone been buying tokens with my accts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2019
So I have a debit card that I use for ebay as I sell Ebay alot for side money and I must admit, I buy lots of fast food and such with the card and use it as fun money so I don't notice anything generally when I look at the total left in. Apparently someone has been using my card for quite some time now and making purchases and it's quite a bit theyve been nickeling and diming me for quite some time. Im going to request a new card so they dont have access, but my question is, is there a refund policy with chaturbate or is it even worth trying to get a refund of all these purchases? I guess my question is, is it even worth it or am I screwed?

If you're a member or have been one on Chaturbate, then someone you don't know decided to get your info and use it on such a site.. seems odd and just very unlikely to happen imo.
However, it could happen.

My point here: I would assume CB will probably just assume you made some drunk (or sober) purchases and now need/want the money so you're trying to use this whole excuse of someone stealing from you.
You say they were taking a lot, I mean... how rich are you to not notice people taking substantial amounts of money for a long time from your account? I would notice in an instant, regardless of how much or little I have in mine.

The fact that my brain/mind is thinking this, they would too and I assume so would many others.
What is/was your spending pattern like on CB prior to discovering this? Do you ever get drunk or high on drugs and then make purchases you may not remember? If so, that, unfortunately, is your own fault.

Upvote 0
What I am understanding is this is not your Chaturbate account. Someone has gained access to your debit card number and is using it with their account. If this is the case, you probably won't be able to do anything with Chaturbate directly. However your card, if it has a Visa or Mastercard symbol on it, should offer fraud protection. You should call the number on the card, or your bank and ask for the fraud department number, then report it to them. Now, some reality here. You probably won't be able to recover much since you mention this has been going on for quite some time. Most likely they will only go back 30 to 60 days. Beyond that, they assume you should have been paying attention to your monthly statements and brought it to their attention. There's not much they can do for older transactions at that point.

But beyond that, some basic security advice seems to be in order here.

1. Go into your Chaturbate settings and change your password, immediately (if you do actually have an account there and I misunderstood your prior posts).

2. Request a new card NOW. You should have already done that before even posting here.

3. Set up your online banking. Most every bank will have an 'alerts' section. Set up those alerts to send you an email or text for everything. Any purchase over a dollar, low balance, wire transfers... Do it all. They will email you every time you use the card that way. If you get an email that doesn't make sense, you can look into it right away.

4. Download your banks app, if they have one. So you can monitor it on your phone.

5. Install an app called MyMobileMoney. Doesn't matter which card or bank you have. Use it. It allows you to control the cards access to purchases. It has its own built in alerts system, it also allows you to turn off your card if you lose it, not allow it to be used online if you wish, not used in an area where your phone isn't... It's a good thing. All three of my banks have recommended I install that app.

6. Use a password manager. Keepass or Lastpass are both very good options that have PC and mobile software that can be synced between the two. Let the software pick out your passwords and save them. Stop using crappy easy to hack simple passwords. Let it randomly pick a 53 character password using upper-case, lower-case, digits, special characters, high ANSI characters...the full shebang. Whatever each site will allow. And for God's sake, don't use the same password for sites, ever.

7. Bump it up to the next level. Download an authenticator app. Google authenticator isn't bad, but Authy is one of the better ones. Enable it on every site you can. Google, Hotmail, Chaturbate, even this here good old ACF all allow for Two-Factor Authentication to be turned on. Pro-tip. Once you see the QR Code on the screen while setting up Two-Factor, you can take a screenshot of it and store that image right in Keepass so you can add it to the authenticator app later, or on other authenticator apps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some times people accidentally sign up for Supporter Membership.
If that was the case, it would be a monthly charge of 19.95.
I'm not saying you signed up, i'm saying some one could have signed up.

There is also a lot of names that point to CB. Because of this, some times people don't even realize their using off branded CB.

Upvote 0
Since this is a thief’s CB account and not yours, I would do chargebacks. Might not hurt to contact CB support first but they are notoriously useless. I assume you can do chargebacks with a PayPal card. They will also ban the members account on chaturbate when you do it

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.