AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

PM vs public chat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2012
Hi,
I just came back to MFC after about a year of being off, and I can't seem to get my cam score to move much. (I'm always around 1250).
One thing I wanted to know is what other models think about restricting PMs to just friends. I find that when I leave them open to all premium members, pretty much EVERYONE pms, and then there is no conversation going on in the public chat, which makes it look boring to new members entering the chat. I try to get members talking, but usually people just pop in and out constantly and won't say hi.
What have you guys done to get people chatting and involved in the room?
Also, I noticed that a lot of the girls have wish lists. I get members wanting to mail me gifts, but I don't want to reveal my city for safety reasons. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a P.O. box in another city that will automatically forward mail to your real address? I can't seem to find any info about it online.
thanks guys!

-Sara

XoXSara said:
Hi,
I just came back to MFC after about a year of being off, and I can't seem to get my cam score to move much. (I'm always around 1250).
One thing I wanted to know is what other models think about restricting PMs to just friends. I find that when I leave them open to all premium members, pretty much EVERYONE pms, and then there is no conversation going on in the public chat, which makes it look boring to new members entering the chat. I try to get members talking, but usually people just pop in and out constantly and won't say hi.
Also, I noticed that a lot of the girls have wish lists. I get members wanting to mail me gifts, but I don't want to reveal my city for safety reasons. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a P.O. box in another city that will automatically forward mail to your real address? I can't seem to find any info about it online.
thanks guys!

-Sara

You can certainly set your PMs to friends only. A lot of girls do. I don't but if it's something that can be said in public chat, I just respond verbally. I also mention that I'd prefer public chat unless it's to discuss a private or videos or something.

You can get a P.O. Box in a city that's near yours, or get one in a city where a friend lives and they can forward you something, but it'll cost you money to do that. If privacy is a huge issue where the city you're located in is a concern, e-gift cards are a great way to retain your privacy. A member can send you a gift card for the amount of whatever item they wanted to send and then you can buy it yourself.

Also, you should get verified here so you can have access to the models only section and have all this information available to you.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1696

Reactions: XoXSara and Evvie
XoXSara said:
thanks for the response, how do I get verified?
She included a link with all the instructions. :-D

Allison posted the link that has info on how to get verified.

1. Maybe don't set PM to friend only just yet, but encourage people to talk in public chat. Constantly be asking questions. "So what did you all do this weekend? I went to the beach, yadda yada..." "I found a fun video game to play, it's called xyz I enjoy it because.... do you guys like games?"

Just conversation, whatever you can talk about because you know or are interested in it.

2. Don't set up a wishlist. If you want your camscore to go up, thus bringing you more traffic, you need tokens not gifts. There's no way to set up an address with 100% certainty no one will get it, either. Don't do this unless you start making decent $ for a paycheck, THEN want another way for regulars to be able to spoil you.

XoXSara said:
Hi,
thanks guys!

-Sara

I definitely think that you should set your PMs to friends list only. Some models charge x tokens to be added to their friends list, but you don't have to do it that way. You can choose to add people who have become regulars in your room, and who chat with you and tip you sometimes when they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.