AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Not tipping for countdown

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Airwolfe said:
To the OP.

Seems like everyone on this forum knows how other people should spend their tokens. They are all wrong unless they agree with what I have to say.

They are your tokens. You bought them with your God damned money. You can spend your tokens anyway you fucking see fit.
Could you show one example in this entire thread where ANYONE has told anyone else how to spend their tokens?

Airwolfe said:
To the OP.

Seems like everyone on this forum knows how other people should spend their tokens. They are all wrong unless they agree with what I have to say.

They are your tokens. You bought them with your God damned money. You can spend your tokens anyway you fucking see fit.
He was asking for input, and opinions on various aspects of tipping etiquette, not issuing a declaration of intent to no longer tip for countdowns. It's a discussion, people have different opinions. Also, I too fail to see where people told others how to spend their tokens.

MegansDude said:
. I do enjoy the clapping, but the only gratification I'm looking for is seeing the model happy. That is what fuels my heart and gives me the greatest high. Giving to a woman I really care about makes my world a better place.

I can see why the models want to clone you :) . No doubt MFC would be a kinder, gentler and far more lucrative place if all the members had your attitude, and I am being completely sincere.

On my best days I'll be that altruistic, but if I am being honest, normally I am quite a bit more selfish than that and there will generally be some element of
what is in for me to my tipping.

On the other hand I look at "stuff members say that cause you to say WTF" thread, the weekly ACF trolls and think my there are a lot more assholes out there than MDs. I was in the lounge for a bit, (was going to promote a model) and I must say I was horrified at what was reading. One guy was bragging about not buying tokens for three years, a few other guys were organizing a group to troll all of the non-nude models, and 3rd guy was promoting his new scheme to scam models out of skype shows, along with normal assortments of models, being fat, ugly and stupid.. After 10 minutes I was disgusted with the conversation and fled. The kicker is these assholes seem to be quite happy with MFC, except for the success of non nude models. I can see why having to deal with these ass wipes would be enough to turn all of ACF models into lesbians and replace guys with sperm banks. :angry4:

When you are in hole stop digging, and I am in hole in this thread so I shall stop.

Jupiter551 said:
Airwolfe said:
Well I did say "on this forum" not "in this thread". I just commented about it in this thread.

People had no problems telling Shaun__ how he should spend his tokens.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10655
Why not comment over in that thread then lol, of course if you put it here people will assume it was here - why wouldn't they?

It's a good thing that Shaun can also type on this forum and defend himself. But I don't see him bringing up that other incident that was left in that thread here.

Yeah HiGirls the lounge's are often disgusting, no point promoting models in there. All it'll get generally is they'll watch from the lounge, mostly won't tip.

I'm amazed too at some of the really disgusting people that do lurk around mfcs. Most of them, or probably all of those groups are probably very ugly/unattractive in real life, have fuck all money, probably no friends either. Bullies are often made by being bullied, it's sad but I've defended people who've been being bullied and then later known that they'd do exactly the same thing to others if they got the chance. These people come to the internet, a place like mfcs where they can group together, see beautiful women they can never have a chance with and be really picky and nasty about all their flaws. Those kind of guys, they're a different breed. They enjoy the power on mfcs, but I assume are still angry because they still don't have any.
Many people will also use the internet to do nasty things they'd never do in real life because they can. It's very easy to click on a button, go into a room and take your anger out on a random camgirl, then leave. She'll ban you, but there are many others.

I wouldn't worry about those kind of guys too much. They do tend to spend most of their time in the lounges and don't use mfcs for wanking purposes.

HiGirlsRHot said:
MegansDude said:
. I do enjoy the clapping, but the only gratification I'm looking for is seeing the model happy. That is what fuels my heart and gives me the greatest high. Giving to a woman I really care about makes my world a better place.

I can see why the models want to clone you :) . No doubt MFC would be a kinder, gentler and far more lucrative place if all the members had your attitude, and I am being completely sincere.

On my best days I'll be that altruistic, but if I am being honest, normally I am quite a bit more selfish than that and there will generally be some element of
what is in for me to my tipping.

On the other hand I look at "stuff members say that cause you to say WTF" thread, the weekly ACF trolls and think my there are a lot more assholes out there than MDs. I was in the lounge for a bit, (was going to promote a model) and I must say I was horrified at what was reading. One guy was bragging about not buying tokens for three years, a few other guys were organizing a group to troll all of the non-nude models, and 3rd guy was promoting his new scheme to scam models out of skype shows, along with normal assortments of models, being fat, ugly and stupid.. After 10 minutes I was disgusted with the conversation and fled. The kicker is these assholes seem to be quite happy with MFC, except for the success of non nude models. I can see why having to deal with these ass wipes would be enough to turn all of ACF models into lesbians and replace guys with sperm banks. :angry4:

When you are in hole stop digging, and I am in hole in this thread so I shall stop.
I think we all are at least a little selfish, and its healthy to an extent. When we help others get what they want, we end getting what we want and a lot more. That way everyone wins. I just know if I have an attitude of gratitude and love, I can move mountains of doubt. It takes faith within myself. When I slow down and become thankful for everything around me, life becomes an awesome place. It doesn't take a lot, I sometimes say or think "Thank You" for a color on a box or even a napkin at a fast food restaurant. When I have a grateful attitude it becomes easier for me to become a happy giver. So when I give a model tips for a countdown or for an item, I get a lot more in return, plus I get to see a happy woman. :p

About the trolls on mfc. It's not my job to worry about what they do. They will continue to act like trolls regardless. I just need to focus on what I can do and go from there. That's my perspective.

MegansDude said:
I think we all are at least a little selfish, and its healthy to an extent. When we help others get what they want, we end getting what we want and a lot more. That way everyone wins. I just know if I have an attitude of gratitude and love, I can move mountains of doubt. It takes faith within myself. When I slow down and become thankful for everything around me, life becomes an awesome place. It doesn't take a lot, I sometimes say or think "Thank You" for a color on a box or even a napkin at a fast food restaurant. When I have a grateful attitude it becomes easier for me to become a happy giver. So when I give a model tips for a countdown or for an item, I get a lot more in return, plus I get to see a happy woman.

Well said! Many may find this cheesy, but it is literally the way to be happy/fight depression. You can still be skeptical/wary of things, but look at the positives of situations and your life, you can find some truly incredible things on stuff you would normally take for granted. Everyone can be selfish, it is how we are, but you can be selfish whilst thinking of other people.
One of the key things with being manipulative is knowing what you want, and helping everyone else want it too. You don't get this from forcing people or stamping your feet, you sell it to them, make what you want look appealing to them, the end result will be better for you too. To do this you need to have empathy and think of what the other person wants/enjoys. This shouldn't end in camland, sure our feelings are not your main priority when you're wanking over our body, but essentially if you think of our feelings we will be a lot more willing to please you and the experience will be more pleasurable. You can be selfish, but think outside the box.

HiGirlsRHot said:
I was in the lounge for a bit, (was going to promote a model) and I must say I was horrified at what was reading. One guy was bragging about not buying tokens for three years, a few other guys were organizing a group to troll all of the non-nude models, and 3rd guy was promoting his new scheme to scam models out of skype shows, along with normal assortments of models, being fat, ugly and stupid.

Sweet Baby Jesus, the Lounge... :(
I spent about five minutes in there the other night, just out of curiousity having only ever been in there like, once before. Holy fucking shitballz is that place depressing.
Mostly it just seems to be blokes linking freeloaders to the rooms where a free public show is going on.
Sometimes the mouth-breathers spark up delightful conversation about how non-nude models are scam artists and anyone who tips a non-nude model is wasting their money because God forbid anybody find any worth in a person that transcends the curvature of their tits. Or they collectively hone in on what they percieve to be imperfections of a perfectly good-looking model who likely wouldn't let even one of them sniff her panties if they paid her, let alone actually let one of them fuck her.
I quickly came to the conclusion that the Lounge is actually a vital part of MFC. It kind of acts as a gutter, where all the shit can collect in one isolated place and fester at a safe distance from everyone else. Every once in a while, you get a splatter effect, and some of the shits find their way into a room and stink the place out; but generally, they're content to just kinda float in this one place and coagulate into one, giant, living, breathing, misogynist turd. :)

mynameisbob84 said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
I was in the lounge for a bit, (was going to promote a model) and I must say I was horrified at what was reading. One guy was bragging about not buying tokens for three years, a few other guys were organizing a group to troll all of the non-nude models, and 3rd guy was promoting his new scheme to scam models out of skype shows, along with normal assortments of models, being fat, ugly and stupid.

I spent about five minutes in there the other night, just out of curiousity having only ever been in there like, once before. Holy fucking shitballz is that place depressing.
Mostly it just seems to be blokes linking freeloaders to the rooms where a free public show is going on.
Sometimes the mouth-breathers spark up delightful conversation about how non-nude models are scam artists and anyone who tips a non-nude model is wasting their money because God forbid anybody find any worth in a person that transcends the curvature of their tits. Or they collectively hone in on what they percieve to be imperfections of a perfectly good-looking model who likely wouldn't let even one of them sniff her panties if they paid her, let alone actually let one of them fuck her.
I quickly came to the conclusion that the Lounge is actually a vital part of MFC. It kind of acts as a gutter, where all the shit can collect in one isolated place and fester at a safe distance from everyone else. Every once in a while, you get a splatter effect, and some of the shits find their way into a room and stink the place out; but generally, they're content to just kinda float in this one place and coagulate into one, giant, living, breathing, misogynist turd. :)
There are three different lounges. Your description of L20 is pretty spot on. L1k typically runs about 250 people or so, is far less tolerant of pimping but suffers from a few regulars that seem to only ever really hang out there and talk to other regulars of L1k. L10k is fairly new and typically has 50-80 people in it. It's usually pretty quiet honestly. Occasional linking of different models. Nobody in L10k is crowing about not tipping models, because, well, you don't get to L10k without tipping.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
mynameisbob84 said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

Hope you guys said HI to Airwolfe! :lol:

I just now dropped into Lounge10K, to see if it is indeed "civilized" compared to the other two lounges...

Five minutes...no one posted anything even though 50 members sat in there.

Then... paydirt! Someone posts:

Mate_: KerriKing so important she shows her fucking ceiling, dozy old cow

Civilized? lol

Nordling said:
I just now dropped into Lounge10K, to see if it is indeed "civilized" compared to the other two lounges...

Civilized? lol
Just like I can't defend everyone on this forum, I can't defend everyone that hangs out in a lounge.

Kradek said:
Nordling said:

Civilized? lol
Just like I can't defend everyone on this forum, I can't defend everyone that hangs out in a lounge.
True. But why would you? The very next post was a young woman from Belarus who apparently they didn't find attractive and spent the next five minutes saying disgusting things about her.

I guess the point is...the lounges, all three are pits of vipers. :)

Reactions: Always_Tim
Nordling said:
Kradek said:
Nordling said:

Civilized? lol
True. But why would you? The very next post was a young woman from Belarus who apparently they didn't find attractive and spent the next five minutes saying disgusting things about her.

I guess the point is...the lounges, all three are pits of vipers. :)
I wrote this as an edit to the previous post, but you replied in the interim so I'm moving it.

It's an unpopular opinion on this site, but I find L1k and L10k useful because they help me find models I might be interested in. There are many way's to do that; it's just another tool in the box. I don't really read or participate in the chats.

Some people are using MFC primarily for the social aspect. I think that's one of it's strengths and clearly many people enjoy it. Personally, most of my interaction with models on the site are in private and I very rarely participate in rooms. That's not to say never; just much less often than otherwise.

If you're going to the lounges looking for the social aspect, then I agree, you are likely to be disappointed.

I spent a year hanging out in the Lounge, and I actually filled up my ignore list. (There is a limit of 2,000 or so.) WTF was I thinking?

:woops:

Nordling said:

Civilized? lol
I dunno, I'm conflicted about this. On the one hand I don't think there's anything quite so bad at poking a little fun here and there, and tbh I think we can all recognise some pretty ridiculous stuff happens on MFC. On the other hand it would be horrible for models to have to see some of the stuff that's written. I would encourage all models to at least see what the lounges are like but you would need to have a pretty thick skin about some of the stuff that goes on in there.

Really though, considering some of the assholes and idiots on MFC it should come as no surprise that if you give them a place to rant/praise/pimp/freeload any model they like, they'll do it.

I think the lounges help keep some of the less than helpful members out of the rooms causing trouble. It gives them a nice place to say horrible things about other people to each other without making the model hear it. Does anyone want them in the room when they are with their favorite model trying to have a good time?

Shaun__ said:
I think the lounges help keep some of the less than helpful members out of the rooms causing trouble. It gives them a nice place to say horrible things about other people to each other without making the model hear it. Does anyone want them in the room when they are with their favorite model trying to have a good time?

Like I said, a vital part of MFC and a necessary evil. Like sewers. Not a nice place to be but all that shit needs to go somewhere and it's better that it's contained in one place as opposed to being... everywhere :)

Shaun__ said:

Probably not. The Lounges can work for that and it can work for those premiums that are trying to see how that model handles her room, to those that don't want to interact with the model/her room at that moment or for those that are waiting for their favorites models to log on. There is different uses for the Lounges, it is not all about some premiums talking shit about a model.

BetsyBooty said:
I have said before that the Lounge conveniently ghettoizes the misogyny. I am here now to say it again.

Thanked for your use of 'ghettoizes' and 'misogyny' in the same sentence. :lol:

JoleneBrody said:
I never listen when someone says "not for countdown" reason being is that I really want to reach that goal and do that show! That's why I count ALL tips towards any show goal. Videos, pic sets, other stuff I sell. It all goes towards the goal because I thoroughly enjoy reaching a goal in a reasonable amount of time and "performing" in a way that makes me feel great! This all comes down to my mantra of only doing things I enjoy on cam! If I have a topic for an oil show and someone tips me double the count to put on pajamas and just hang out, I'm going to say no and I'm going to do my oil show. If I wanted to hang out in pajamas I would have logged on in pajamas!

I don't often have to give up on countdowns though so I guess to the OP, I can understand your point but only depending on the room.
I would think it silly if a member refused to tip while I had a countdown up, however I try my best to put on a show while working towards a show. Removing items of clothing at points in the countdown, Dancing, sometimes busting out things like the jingle belt or nipple clamps.

I recently switch to public shows after a VERY long time of not doing them. Honestly, the way I had been doing things (naked shows in public, cum in groups and privates) for so long was no longer working for me. My room counts were getting smaller and smaller, goals were getting nearly impossible to reach and I was becoming MISERABLE! I hate to say that I was starting to hate the job I once loved.
Starting public cum shows at the time that I did was one of the best career decisions I've made because honestly, I wouldn't still be camming on MFC if things were still going like they were before.
I have NEVER had as many new tippers as I get during a show. I'm sure most of my fellers can agree, having new people tipping during a show feels amazing!
I put off public shows for so long because I was afraid it would make me feel unappreciated with the high numbers and (what I assumed) would be no tipping, it's however been the opposite. Public shows have made me feel SO appreciated, I have a hard time not giggling through the whole thing.

Just my :twocents-02cents: on a few of the subjects being discussed.

This. There are veryy veryy few things tipped that I don't count in the countdown, even if asked not too. I don't do things on cam I don't enjoy, first of all. I WANT to make my show & quite honestly- I am not at a stage in my "mfc career" where I can just not make shows on a nightly basis. My public shows are my bread and butter, the countdown to my shows are low and I make the majority of my nightly tokenage during the show. I have NEVER had a successful group by saying "Well the public show isn't happening, lets go group". the group has always ended before I could get off. That's not to say I don't have successfull groups though- If I am to have a successful group though I need to do a good amount of teasing to get you guys all worked up first- or else I don't stand a chance o getting my rocks off in group. FOr instance, I might do a small countdown for naked, and then oil show followed by a group. That usually works wonders. But countdown shows are a necessity for me, & like JJ said- new tippers come from reaching the countdown and starting the show.

Nordling said:

Civilized? lol

They can bitch about Kerri all they want. She'll just keep on BANKING on MFC, and at the time of this post she's currently ranked #2 in the Miss MyFreeCams competition. :) She's been able to complete room topic daily goals in the ten thousands (hundred thousands?), while guys made comments like "Is that a typo? Do you really think you'll make that much?"

Isabella_deL said:
MegansDude said:
I think we all are at least a little selfish, and its healthy to an extent. When we help others get what they want, we end getting what we want and a lot more. That way everyone wins. I just know if I have an attitude of gratitude and love, I can move mountains of doubt. It takes faith within myself. When I slow down and become thankful for everything around me, life becomes an awesome place. It doesn't take a lot, I sometimes say or think "Thank You" for a color on a box or even a napkin at a fast food restaurant. When I have a grateful attitude it becomes easier for me to become a happy giver. So when I give a model tips for a countdown or for an item, I get a lot more in return, plus I get to see a happy woman.

Well said! Many may find this cheesy, but it is literally the way to be happy/fight depression. You can still be skeptical/wary of things, but look at the positives of situations and your life, you can find some truly incredible things on stuff you would normally take for granted. Everyone can be selfish, it is how we are, but you can be selfish whilst thinking of other people.
One of the key things with being manipulative is knowing what you want, and helping everyone else want it too. You don't get this from forcing people or stamping your feet, you sell it to them, make what you want look appealing to them, the end result will be better for you too. To do this you need to have empathy and think of what the other person wants/enjoys. This shouldn't end in camland, sure our feelings are not your main priority when you're wanking over our body, but essentially if you think of our feelings we will be a lot more willing to please you and the experience will be more pleasurable. You can be selfish, but think outside the box.
I def do think about the model's feelings and yes, it does take it to more pleasurable experience. When I find myself smiling, it is not the memory of the model's body that gets me to smile, it is what was said or the memory of a model smiling. This is what keeps me coming back to MFC. Sure the beautiful body form got me to MFC, but its the communication with the model that keeps me there.

MegansDude said:
This is what keeps me coming back to MFC. Sure the beautiful body form got me to MFC, but its the communication with the model that keeps me there.
Hear hear. :thumbleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.