AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logging out of MFC and other technical questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2011
HI
I just started on MFC earlier this week. I have heard horror stories about girls accidently staying logged in overnight and having their cam score suffer because of it...but i cant find any "log off" button on the MFC app. I typically just close the MFC window and then log off the computer. Is that enough to log me out or do I need to do something extra?

Also, I keep getting kicked off of MFC while in public chat, quite a bit. I am guessing this might have to do with my internet connection not being fast enough, or is this a technical glitch that has been going on a lot this week? it kept happening a lot on Friday.

And one last question...today my video was lagging for my viewers...quite a bit. It hadnt done that before. I am thinking it might be because today my roommate is home and using the internet in the other room. Does splitting internet really affect my video feed that badly or is this another common error for today?

Hiya,
that has happened to me a few of times. One of the times guys told me it was logging in & out many times throughout the night but I most definately wasn't! The way I "log out" is to just close it down & make sure I'm not signed in on a regular webpage.
It depends what your roommate is doing online but yes it can make a significant difference if you don't have a very fast broadband service.
xxx

cheekymonkey said:
I am thinking it might be because today my roommate is home and using the internet in the other room. Does splitting internet really affect my video feed that badly or is this another common error for today?

If it's a guy just tell him he can either use the internet, or sit in the corner of your room and watch you masturbate. Internet won't be a problem after that :lol:

Jupiter551 said:
cheekymonkey said:
I am thinking it might be because today my roommate is home and using the internet in the other room. Does splitting internet really affect my video feed that badly or is this another common error for today?

If it's a guy just tell him he can either use the internet, or sit in the corner of your room and watch you masturbate. Internet won't be a problem after that :lol:

Actually, try it if it's a girl too... she might actually go for it :p

cheekymonkey said:
HI
I just started on MFC earlier this week. I have heard horror stories about girls accidently staying logged in overnight and having their cam score suffer because of it...but i cant find any "log off" button on the MFC app. I typically just close the MFC window and then log off the computer. Is that enough to log me out or do I need to do something extra?

Also, I keep getting kicked off of MFC while in public chat, quite a bit. I am guessing this might have to do with my internet connection not being fast enough, or is this a technical glitch that has been going on a lot this week? it kept happening a lot on Friday.

And one last question...today my video was lagging for my viewers...quite a bit. It hadnt done that before. I am thinking it might be because today my roommate is home and using the internet in the other room. Does splitting internet really affect my video feed that badly or is this another common error for today?

Regarding kicked in public chat - recently I've seen plenty of instances of models disappearing and re-appearing. I think there are issues with MFC at present. Since no-one has mentioned this, perhaps it is limited to a few.

Video lag can be caused by many things. Generally your internet connection has an "up" and "down" stream. Basically the speed at which it can send information from your computer to the internet (up stream) and receive (downstream). Usually your downstream is a LOT faster than up, maybe x10 better.

The upstream - it depends what the other person is using the internet for. Watching videos / streaming media should not cause an issue (downstream only, unless they're uploading their webcam feed?). If they are file sharing, then this may cause an issue as they'll be uploading as well as downloading. Just call the cops - that'll scare the shit out of them and they'll stop. If they're playing video games online, then they may use some upstream, but I'd think you'd hear about it from them if they're getting "lag". Tell them you had a skype convo with a friend but the video feed was lagging like heck - and ask whether they were uploading/filesharing or something, or if playing games, whether it was slow for them too...

However, it could also be MFC issues, again...

Try running a speed test to find out how much upstream you have (wherever you live, probably use something like this http://www.speedtest.net/ )

Status
Not open for further replies.