AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

L.A. Noire

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdy_Boy

V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 1, 2011
I have gotten burnt out from the GTA style games, so I've been on the fence on getting L.A. Noire. This game goes in a new direction on the GTA style, the open world is still there, but it's more about solving the cases by looking for evidence, questioning witnesses/suspects , following the leads, and then arrest the perpetrator.

These two videos really convinced me to get L.A. Noire.

Video review: http://www.giantbomb.com/la-noire/61-21500/reviews/

Quick look at some gameplay: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-la-noire/17-4133/
(Note: little spoilers but it is the tutorial case and it is holding your hand through the case)

If you decide to get the game and you have PS3 then get that version. The PS3 is one disc compare to XBox360's three disc.

My younger brother got it and seems to like it, if that helps any. It's definitely another sandbox game, but you get restrictions for doing stuff to be the bad guy.

Yeah I'm gonna start on this after Witcher 2. I'm assuming the name and setting is a bit of a nod to James Elroy's books (Black Dahlia, LA Confidential etc) which is a thumbs up from me.

I just ordered this myself, can't wait to play it. After scouring reviews, apparently its a little more linear than a straight sandbox, with a progress of cases at different crime desks. You can also arrest and put away the wrong guy, so replay could be fun. But its more police proceedural in game play--investigating crime scenes, gathering clues and building a case than a GTA game.

But I love that Ellroy stuff, and the 40's LA. It'll be fun to use my brain (and not just guns) while doing a sandbox-thing.

BTW a lot of stores (Amazon, Best Buy, etc) are offering $20 gift cards right now if you buy it.

It's pretty fun, but can be complicated, so you need time and some concentration to play it. It's different than GTA or Red Dead, but has some similar concepts like following cars from a distance, catching people on foot, etc. :)

It's an amazing game. It's different from the games I usually play but it's really good. The motion capture is awesome.

just got it and it is awwwwweeeeeessssssommmme :-D

open world game like Grand Theft Auto with the detective style of Heavy Rain

It's a great game..I cant stop playing. Once I solve a case, I have to go to the next case.

Since I finish the game, it is less a gta-style game and more of a re-imagining of point & click adventure games. It is so refreshing that Rockstar went in this direction...LA Noire is definitely not another GTA 4/Red Dead Redemption.

Lol! Check this out!

I seriously need to play more of this. I got the Pass thing for $10 for all the DLC that comes out, so I'm gonna wait til next week's DLC at least to play more. That, and I keep going "ooh, LA Noire... wait, I don't wanna think that much right now, oh hi, Halo 3 ODST." I suck. Sigh.

Playing this too and loving it. I'm playing in this one case-by-day mind set and I'm now at the Arson Desk.

waogo said:
I seriously need to play more of this. I got the Pass thing for $10 for all the DLC that comes out, so I'm gonna wait til next week's DLC at least to play more. That, and I keep going "ooh, LA Noire... wait, I don't wanna think that much right now, oh hi, Halo 3 ODST." I suck. Sigh.

Got that too, there is a new DLC case being launch today -

Cool Then and Now comparison video

Status
Not open for further replies.