AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
But if you were making a living off of being in front of that webcam for 6-8 hours a day, I bet you'd want better. Note my bolded emphasis. When you're striving to be the #1 model on a website, I think putting a bit of extra effort into simple cam quality isn't too much to ask. Am I wrong? Do people disagree with that?
I think you're pretty much preaching to the choir with that on here.

I'd assume that the models that don't upgrade probably figure that they're already making enough with what they have so why fix what isn't broken? Even though they could be making that much more with better equipment.

AedanRayne said:
Does anyone know how the Logitech c901 compares to the 9000?
If you're referring to the c910, it's not as great as I had hoped it'd be. The settings are difficult to get "just right" and the color always seems too pink, no matter what. Frankie and I were just talking about that last night, she has the 9000 AND the c910 and switches between the two. Clear picture and truer color on the 9000.

Reactions: AedanRayne
AmberCutie said:
AedanRayne said:
Does anyone know how the Logitech c901 compares to the 9000?
If you're referring to the c910, it's not as great as I had hoped it'd be. The settings are difficult to get "just right" and the color always seems too pink, no matter what. Frankie and I were just talking about that last night, she has the 9000 AND the c910 and switches between the two. Clear picture and truer color on the 9000.

Oh snap! Thank you for the quick reply, Amber. The settings are very difficult to get 'just right' with the c910. I might pick up the 9000 soon. ^_^ You've helped me so much today. I really appreciate it and wish I could give you a great big hug.
:-D

AedanRayne said:
I bought the 9000 today and find that the settings are easier to adjust. I will try it tonight on cam for the first time and compare it to my c910. :dance:

i bought the c910 and hate it i look hideous its harsh and pink and blue and just not pretty at all the logitech 9000 is the best in fact im gonna buy another one to just make sure i have a back up

I have been using the c910 for about 8 months now and decided to buy the 9000 to compare. I tried the 9000 tonight and must say... IT IS AWESOME! The controls are much easier to adjust, it doesn't feel so "harsh" & "dark, and the stand is much nicer. I am definitely surprised because I thought the c910 was supposed to be better. Oh well, I am sticking to the 9000 and will have the c910 as my back up cam. Ya know, just in case I go on a squirting spree. ;)

On the geeky side: the native resolution of the 9000 matches the native resolution of MFC, so there is no up- or downscaling going on. :D

^ Aedan, your cam looked really really good tonight, and now I'm thinking about buying the 9000. I have a Logitech C525 and like it, but you and Amber both have such clear, bright cams, and I know she uses the 9000 as well.

MadisonLeigh said:
^ Aedan, your cam looked really really good tonight, and now I'm thinking about buying the 9000. I have a Logitech C525 and like it, but you and Amber both have such clear, bright cams, and I know she uses the 9000 as well.

Thank you, darling! :dance:

You should def pick one up when you can. Mine was about $80 and totally worth it. It's a great investment for any camgirl. :D

AlexAvery said:
AedanRayne said:
I have been using the c910 for about 8 months now and decided to buy the 9000 to compare. I tried the 9000 tonight and must say... IT IS AWESOME! The controls are much easier to adjust, it doesn't feel so "harsh" & "dark, and the stand is much nicer. I am definitely surprised because I thought the c910 was supposed to be better. Oh well, I am sticking to the 9000 and will have the c910 as my back up cam. Ya know, just in case I go on a squirting spree. ;)

On the geeky side: the native resolution of the 9000 matches the native resolution of MFC, so there is no up- or downscaling going on. :D

Alrighty then... I did weeks of research and bargain hunting to get my c910 and now I want the 9000 :woops:

It's good to have a back up cam. ;)

AlexAvery said:
AedanRayne said:

Alrighty then... I did weeks of research and bargain hunting to get my c910 and now I want the 9000 :woops:

Same here! I've only just got my c910 but now I want a 9000!

My *old* cam is a Panasonic camcorder... I wanted an HD cam (again with wireless zoom remote) & went down the road of thinking an HD camcorder would work...turns out they generally can't be used as webcams anymore :( I have tried (& failed) to get ways to make it work but several hundred pounds later I am no further forward. I have one last idea for how it *might* work but we will see...then if it does I will be getting a trackerpod so I can pan & tilt as well as zoom & all in HD!
In the meantime I have the c910 which I will be trying for the first time tonight so will find out how it looks to others & I will let you all know when (if lol) I am successfull on my HD pan/tilt/wireless zoom venture!
xx

For the C910 be sure to get the latest driver which includes a manual setting for Autowhite Balance.

AedanRayne said:
Does anyone know what camera MiuMiu uses? The quality is amazing & so is her lighting!

That's her 1000W smile. I've never spent much time in her room, but she is awfully cute and seems to enjoy herself. I'm not sure what camera she is using, but yes it does look great, and it has a very responsive remote control.

Speaking of Miu_Miu, I wonder where she is camming from. She lists Russia, but I only display Europe/Russia and Asia and she doesn't show up anymore. On the other hand, she also lists
Weight: 10000 pounds
Height: 2147483647 inches
:think:

Sevrin said:
AedanRayne said:
Does anyone know what camera MiuMiu uses? The quality is amazing & so is her lighting!

That's her 1000W smile. I've never spent much time in her room, but she is awfully cute and seems to enjoy herself. I'm not sure what camera she is using, but yes it does look great, and it has a very responsive remote control.

Speaking of Miu_Miu, I wonder where she is camming from. She lists Russia, but I only display Europe/Russia and Asia and she doesn't show up anymore. On the other hand, she also lists
Weight: 10000 pounds
Height: 2147483647 inches
:think:
She says she's a Russian girl living in London. While watching her earlier, I heard a British accent on a commercial on the radio station she was listening to. I believe her :).

Kandiss!! You're adorable, but take a few mins to tinker with the color intensity and other settings on your cam software. ;)

Attachments

• kandisskiss.jpg
    kandisskiss.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 229
AedanRayne said:

I second this! She looks like a movie star! I know she's beautiful but her cam quality is amazing too.

AngelAndrea said:
AedanRayne said:

I second this! She looks like a movie star! I know she's beautiful but her cam quality is amazing too.

She makes me downright sick! I have never seen someone so sexy. The way she twirls her legs and moves her body and flips her hair, the little wrinkles under her butt cheek. She exuberates sex appeal and I am so in love.

AmberCutie said:
Kandiss!! You're adorable, but take a few mins to tinker with the color intensity and other settings on your cam software. ;)
I sometime suspect that color blindness is rampant on MFC. You and a handful of other wonderful models have figured out what perfection within the limits of hardware really is. I'm really surprised that more members don't complain to models with overly-intense, jaundiced coloration, faded images, etc. One adorable model's room is so yellow, it's monochromatic. When I mentioned it, she said it's because of the effect from the yellow walls she has. lol Okay, you have the cause, why not fix it? :)

Thank you to everyone in this thread.. fantastic points and tips :)

I was rollin' with a Canon analog camcorder. I was never able to adjust the white balance/color settings.

I now have a 9000 on the way from Amazon!! I'm so excited to try it out.

1 Question: (forgive me if there is a lighting thread)

Will my "tungsten" style lights be compatible with this 9000 cam? I spent quite a bit of money on them :think:

Other girls that I have seen on MFC use regular lighting and it seems to work just fine..

HaileyLynn said:
Thank you to everyone in this thread.. fantastic points and tips :)/
Will my "tungsten" style lights be compatible with this 9000 cam? I spent quite a bit of money on them :think:

Other girls that I have seen on MFC use regular lighting and it seems to work just fine..

Your tungsten lights should be fine. You will have to play with the colour settings a little, as with any new camera, and you may want to experiment with the help of a trusted perv or two. Every girl is different; some are tanned and others have fair skin. What works for others might not work for you the same way. The big thing with Logitech webcams is to disable the RightLight and automatic white balance settings and adjust them manually as lighting conditions change. That does mean that you may need to make seasonal adjustments if you also have natural lighting. If you only use artificial light, that won't be necessary, of course.

And by the way, you are incredibly attractive.

PS: You should request model status. I hear there are lots of good technical tips in the models only section, along with pillowfights and lots of licking whipped cream off each other's glistening skin. And did I mention that you're awfully attractive?

A scary reality hit me this weekend...

... Logitech seems to have discontinued production on the Pro 9000.

:eek: :crybaby: :eek:

There's an extended wait for delivery via Amazon and stores aren't restocking them.

I just retired my original 9000 that I've used since day 1 on MFC this weekend due to the mic losing its quality. I blame all the moisture and steam from oil and shower shows. Luckily I had a backup already, and ordered more for backup for the future. That's when I realized this scary thing.

WHAT WILL THE CAMWHORES DO?!

I suppose dealing with the faults of the newer models will sooner or later be a requirement. Oh well.

Reactions: Charlotte_UK
AmberCutie said:

There's an extended wait for delivery via Amazon and stores aren't restocking them.

I just retired my original 9000 that I've used since day 1 on MFC this weekend due to the mic losing its quality. I blame all the moisture and steam from oil and shower shows. Luckily I had a backup already, and ordered more for backup for the future. That's when I realized this scary thing.

I suppose dealing with the faults of the newer models will sooner or later be a requirement. Oh well.
GASP!

But they still list the cam on their website- http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-co ... vices/6333

I have to think Logitech wants to sell more of their HD cams (like the C910 which they've discounted on their site). But it still blows.

AmberCutie said:

Shit! I've wanted to try the 9000 for a while but haven't gotten around to ordering it yet! I hope I can still get one.

Cassidy Nicole said:
I got the C910 like last week because my 9000 went out and I really like it! It is harder to tweek than the 9000 but it works great!
Yeah that's pretty much the complaint I have with the 2 newer HD models. Harder to tweak to perfect/natural color and contrast. Not terrible, just not as easy and wonderful and trusted as my 9000. :D

I wonder...
I imagine it's simply the foam pad over the mic getting gummed up with crap.
In principle it's simple - though fiddly to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.