AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly advise any model struggling with the way their cam looks to try out what I said about white balance. If your cam is worth half a shit, then it will come in loads of handy later on.

hehe... cum loads handy... hahahahahhaaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i made new comparing shots... even with or without rightlight..
i can barely see any change at all now.. ugh!
i have played with the settings a bit... but i cant seem to get it any better.. only if i switch it all the way up or down i see a difference...
:think: at night its even more difficult because i didnt fix my lamps yet..
think i should better do that first

to get an impression:

pro 9000 with rightlight:

pro 9000 without rightlight:

sphere with rightlight:

spehere without rightlight:

At 320x240, all four of those shots look nearly identical. If you stare really really really really hard, you can see that the sphere has slightly less noise, but I wonder if it will make any real difference in practice. Now, that's only studying the still picture performance. A good test would be to see the motion blur in all 4 situations.

You can use right light to get an idea where the software WANTS to put your settings, then uncheck it, and go adjust those settings manually. Leaving any "auto" or right light on will allow the cam to constantly adjust based on where you're standing, sitting, dancing etc. You want it to remain the same while you're moving about. Especially with Focus... don't leave auto focus on.

There are a few models (who are smart girls and even read this forum!) that I want to shake and yell "STOP USING AUTO FOCUS!" It drives most of us insane. Just sayin'.

jebbaz said:
I highly advise any model struggling with the way their cam looks to try out what I said about white balance. If your cam is worth half a shit, then it will come in loads of handy later on.

hehe... cum loads handy... hahahahahhaaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes I agree, if someone is struggling with their cam, try all the little adjustments you can!

agreed bawsky.. my video is alooot better since i start using the 9000 on mfc.. usually in my own room to check how members see what i do.. and i really noticed a difference.. and so do most members..

i toke all the pictures in the biggest option possible which was different with the two cams (spehere can take bigger pics)
i really have no clue now anymore.. but i do know that my video is less blurry with the 9000 and its much more handy to have it on my laptop instead of on this thin freaky thing.. lol

i will remember that next time i will be on amber.. and will check the differences in my room...instead of just the model software
lets hope i didnt spend another 70 euro without a reason.. lol

I just got on the mail my new C510, and I love it!
The only problem that Im having is that I cant really play that much with the settings since I couldnt install the logitech software even though I have tried a thousand different ways... I'm suspecting a little windows 7 64 bit fail.
Here's the difference between my old cam and the new one.

Attachments

• image201012200002 (2).jpg
    image201012200002 (2).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 551
bawksy said:
The C510 is advertised as being Windows 7 64-bit compatible.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-co ... vices/6817

So I'd think Logitech would make a 64-bit installer. I found this download link here:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/435/6817? ... t=&osid=14

But there doesn't seem to be different downloads for 32-bit vs 64-bit, which scares me a bit. Maybe the "smart installer" will figure it out?
Thanks for the response bawksy
I tried with the software installer that came in the cd with the cam but no luck, then downloaded the smart installer from the site still no luck, just in case I also downloaded the full installer you can get at the site and yet the same error. Its the same every time, it opens up the installer but then almost immediately says there was an error and couldn't still and that I should close the installation program and try again later....
Sucks. Smart installer is just the "auto" and smaller version of the full one. Not sure what to try next.
At least windows could download the drivers by itself and the came is not totally useless you know, but I think the software is still pretty necessary.

bawksy said:

So I'd think Logitech would make a 64-bit installer. I found this download link here:

But there doesn't seem to be different downloads for 32-bit vs 64-bit, which scares me a bit. Maybe the "smart installer" will figure it out?

Most installers for those things are actually smart programs that will download and install the right things based on your computer as the average person installing them is an idiot that wouldn't know if their computer was 32 bit or 64 bit even if if said in neon letters in front of them.

Tambourine said:
bawksy said:

Thanks for the response bawksy
I tried with the software installer that came in the cd with the cam but no luck, then downloaded the smart installer from the site still no luck, just in case I also downloaded the full installer you can get at the site and yet the same error. Its the same every time, it opens up the installer but then almost immediately says there was an error and couldn't still and that I should close the installation program and try again later....
Sucks. Smart installer is just the "auto" and smaller version of the full one. Not sure what to try next.
At least windows could download the drivers by itself and the came is not totally useless you know, but I think the software is still pretty necessary.

logitech has great costumer support.. i have been having troubles with the windows 7 64 bits installs as well..
they replied within 5 days with a link to an install..
just try to email the support might help

So, I am really liking my Pro 9000..... but the white balance option has disappeared from the controls, I think when they updated the Logitech software the option to set it yourself was removed. I can't seem to find older drivers on the Logitech site [or googling] and I'm not sure what I did with my installation CD. I suppose if I looked around I might find it, but anyone have any other option? I can really tell it's adjusting itself when I show certain things on cam that I have written on a white board, for instance. Can anyone help?

SweetieSam said:
So, I am really liking my Pro 9000..... but the white balance option has disappeared from the controls, I think when they updated the Logitech software the option to set it yourself was removed. I can't seem to find older drivers on the Logitech site [or googling] and I'm not sure what I did with my installation CD. I suppose if I looked around I might find it, but anyone have any other option? I can really tell it's adjusting itself when I show certain things on cam that I have written on a white board, for instance. Can anyone help?

Try uninstalling the software. Then reinstall it with your installation disc... DO NOT download the updated software...
Personally, I've been using the updated software and am happy with my settings... however, I haven't appeared in this thread yet under "shitty cam"... so...
I keep my room a little darker for a more intimate feel, haven't had much trouble with the appearance on my end... I don't really know if it looks any different to the members but I get no complaints.

Reactions: RedHerby1
i prefer to get the latest software directly from the manufacturer web site

RufffRider said:

That's where mine is from but the white balance adjustment is gone. :/ I suppose I'll look for the CD again...

Mirra said:
I dunno what to tell you about the inability to install on Windows 7 64 bit. I installed mine after I upgraded from XP. It's running version 12.10.1113.0000 perfectly. :-/
I'm not really sure the problem has to something to do with windows 7, it's just a guess. Anyway, I've tried all instalers in the site, I've tried running boot clean installing, and I still have the same damn error. I'm about to give up! just turned plain damn annoying at this point.

Did you try the one available from windows update?

SweetieSam said:

Try using WebcamMax to run your camera and use the "advanced options" on THAT control panel. I'm not sure if it will be there, as we somehow magically found the old drivers months ago, but it's worth a shot.

Reactions: RedHerby1
RufffRider said:

The latest Logitech drivers suck balls, unfortunately.

Ok so for xmas my dude got me the logitech 9000... holy fuck the clarity is super..of course now I. Need to rearrange my room lol no longer look like I'm zoomed. Plus now my nipples have color visible.

Super pumped for when I work mfc next.

AmberCutie said:
RufffRider said:

OK. it happens. just like MFC "upgrades"

That cam is good for people who are clumsy too, I've had mine for over a year, and dropped it lots of times, I must drop it every single day, onto a rock hard floor, and it still works! I think people who watch me on cam see more of my floor than they do of me coz I drop it so much haha!

AmberCutie said:
RufffRider said:

Yeah, I have the c910 and the latest software was preventing me from getting an image on mfc! I uninstalled everything, and went and did a custom install of the logitech software, leaving out the bulky "extras" and now the damn thing works!

Not sure if this is helpful but thought I would share ;)

bawksy said:
KittySpanks, formerly known as AidenVael, is pretty cute. She also has the second hottest sex vid of any I've seen of a MFC model. Unfortunately her cam causes her skin to bleach out, and it's got kinda bad motion blur too.
uhmm AND A GUN

Mirra said:
For any models who have been holding out to get a Quickcam Pro 9000, now is a great time. Newegg.com has it on special for $59.99 PLUS $3 off for using this promo code: EMCZNNT69 PLUS a $15 mail-in-rebate for a total price of $41.99.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826104074

I think the all of the savings are only good till 1/1/2011 so you'll have to act this week.
lol damn mine was gotten from newegg.. wish i had had that damn code... grr oh well it was a gift but the code coupon is awesome.
still got it really at a good price so either way i still love newegg

Anyone mind checking in on me at some point? My usual online time is around midnight EST.
I'm pretty sure it's good, my only problem is that my lighting can frustrate me some days.

Once the snow stops piling up I'm planning on going out and hunting for new lights. x_x

SweetDivalia said:
Anyone mind checking in on me at some point?

Two thumbs up on quality, but you gotta put that shit on a tripod or something. From my end it looks like your cameraman is Michael J. Fox. Brb, puking from motion sickness.

bawksy said:
SweetDivalia said:
Anyone mind checking in on me at some point?

Two thumbs up on quality, but you gotta put that shit on a tripod or something. From my end it looks like your cameraman is Michael J. Fox. Brb, puking from motion sickness.

Much appreciated. :h:
Yeah, I need to work on making more space in my room. Then I won't have to have camera-on-laptop-on-bed clusterfuck of motion. Cheers then. On to hunting for pull-out bed to replace my current couch+bed setup.

• Wat?!
Reactions: alexa_voltage
Status
Not open for further replies.