AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LilyPink said:
Do you have to put a picture of my manky flat up here?? Take it down and I'll give you a proper view next time! :roll:

My cam is good quality, it's a logitech sphere and I like it. Although I've had it a while and could probably do with an upgrade eventually. My main priority (when it comes to improving cam quality) is to change the curtains to get rid of that pink glow. Which shall be done in time for the winter. But not right now, because to be quite frank I've got better things to be spending my money on. Such as giant spacehoppers and rent arrears.

I will remove the pic if you like, just send me a PM (I can't tell from your post if you're serious or not).

Also, if you have the logitech software thats anything like mine, you should be able to set "white balance" to 0 and lower your color intensity just a smidge and be less pink. Don't leave anything on "auto". Adding a light towards the front of your camming area before setting this would probably help tons.

I think a lot of girls assume that since the sphere and the orbit are slightly more $$ than the pro 9000 that it's better quality. I have a feeling that you're paying for the auto tracking and some other neat features but that the picture quality suffers just a bit.

My two cents, take em or leave em. :mrgreen:

I have two desk lamps either side of my webcam, and have them pointing at the bed. Is that a good place to put the light? Would they be better behind the cam, or in front, or is it okay at the sides?

In a place where they don't cause weird shadows but light up your "work space".

AmberCutie said:
LilyPink said:
Do you have to put a picture of my manky flat up here?? Take it down and I'll give you a proper view next time! :roll:

My cam is good quality, it's a logitech sphere and I like it. Although I've had it a while and could probably do with an upgrade eventually. My main priority (when it comes to improving cam quality) is to change the curtains to get rid of that pink glow. Which shall be done in time for the winter. But not right now, because to be quite frank I've got better things to be spending my money on. Such as giant spacehoppers and rent arrears.

I will remove the pic if you like, just send me a PM (I can't tell from your post if you're serious or not).

Also, if you have the logitech software thats anything like mine, you should be able to set "white balance" to 0 and lower your color intensity just a smidge and be less pink. Don't leave anything on "auto". Adding a light towards the front of your camming area before setting this would probably help tons.

I think a lot of girls assume that since the sphere and the orbit are slightly more $$ than the pro 9000 that it's better quality. I have a feeling that you're paying for the auto tracking and some other neat features but that the picture quality suffers just a bit.

My two cents, take em or leave em. :mrgreen:

I have endlessly fiddled with lightling and the settings on the cam and rarely have anything set to auto. I've tried having a low white balance and it just ends up yellow. I'll try playing with the colour intensity at the same time though, maybe that's something I haven't tried yet.

My cam was actually paid for and sent to me by a 'friend' a good couple of years ago and I didn't choose it, so it's not the best or newest but it's still good for me.

Thanks for the advice, but I honestly have tried almost everything. The only thing I can do next is to replace my curtains (much needed to keep the winter cold out anyway) and eventually buy a better webcam.

Bocefish said:
Just goes to show you don't need a great cam or lighting to be #1 :think:

Her cam is usually crystal clear, but looks like she forgot to turn on a light or 3 here.

AmberCutie said:
Bocefish said:

Her cam is usually crystal clear, but looks like she forgot to turn on a light or 3 here.

Thanks for clearing that up. T'was the first time I visited her and people were asking for more light, but her room was crazy with over 3400 peeps in there.

ZoeyMore said:
bawksy said:
ZoeyMore said:
I told her before she needed more light and I got scoffed at.

Well she's got more boobs than brains I guess.

Getting models to upgrade their cams is incredibly difficult. I've gotten scoffed at quite a few times, sometimes out-right banned because they think I'm a troll. Low-earning models can't afford to upgrade their cams, and high-earning models don't see a reason to. Other girls are just in denial.

Well that's just it- she makes bank with her current set up, so there really isn't any incentive to change. I have nothing negative to say about her- she seems like a nice person, but I haven't been in her room since then because of the horrible lighting- which contributes to the bad frame rate.

And I will say- after Tuesday and yesterday's car show, I realized first hand how crappy laptop cameras are. The difference between the laptop cam and my old Logitech was astounding!

Built-in labtop webcams are of the 5 dollars sort. Except for the Macbook, their cams seem a bit better...

Bocefish said:
AmberCutie said:
Bocefish said:

Thanks for clearing that up. T'was the first time I visited her and people were asking for more light, but her room was crazy with over 3400 peeps in there.

The one and only time I visited her room, her and a friend were doing some kind of evening pool show and the light was terrible for the cam but they were like "omfg... this lighting is so perfect. Wow!" and I was just thinking "Yeah... it's great in real life but captured by a cam and sent over the interwebz, no one can see shit."

Bocefish said:
RJ is one repulsive SOB IMHO, I dunno how women can do it.
neither can I, every time I get to a scene with him in it I have to hit the skip button, repeatedly

I still have nightmares from watching some late night call-in game show where they dumped a bucket of ping-pong balls down Ron Jeremy's pants and requested watchers to call in with a guess as to how many balls were in Ron Jeremy's pants. ><

I also declare this thread officially threadjacked.

bawksy said:
Faerie, your camera is hideous and you should be ashamed

I heard in the lounge that Faerie was back from being away, so I dropped by to see if her image had improved at all.

Attachments

• Faerie10.jpg
    Faerie10.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 531
ok i personally would love to have someone show me what my cam looks like. i will post the specs when not sittin in the dark lol

moved my set up to a diff room.. someone told me it no longer looks like i am lost in space (used to have a black curtain behind me)

my cam used to allow me to adjust lighting etc but now.. it seems to be on the rag :whistle:

AmberCutie said:
I may have posted this previously, but even if so, it's worth repeating.

I really wonder if she realizes that she looks radioactive, and likes it so she keeps it this way. I can't imagine that she doesn't get at least one message a day telling her that her color is way too high.

And I've always thought Caterine was gorgeous (and she has the same bed as I do, hehe) but if only she could just make some minor tweaks to the cam.... I'd be a very happy Caterine fan.

Orange girls make me /sadpanda.

Im not sure about Teacher36DD but Catherine is in a studio (same one as SueLovely) and they both have that super bright images with white tint....

If anyone knows this model, please reach out to her and help her turn off ALL of her automatic settings. The focus and brightness and color keep adjusting. She's cute and could do well, but that's just too distracting.

Settings should be adjusted to the appropriate level before logging on to MFC and left at the same spot, for the most part. Auto anything isn't a good idea.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 466
AmberCutie said:
If anyone knows this model, please reach out to her and help her turn off ALL of her automatic settings. The focus and brightness and color keep adjusting. She's cute and could do well, but that's just too distracting.

Settings should be adjusted to the appropriate level before logging on to MFC and left at the same spot, for the most part. Auto anything isn't a good idea.

oh my...I had the urge to reach for my glasses but that wouldn't help

I have the highest broadband connection possible to buy from Cox, so my bandwidth is usually between 600 and 900 (maybe higher, I don't pay much attention). I switched my video feed on my Logitech Quickcam 9000 recently from the HD to the SVGA (I am too lazy to look up the resolution associated, but they are the only HD and SVGA options available that aren't widescreen), and the guys said my feed got even smoother/nicer. So my question is should I stick with the SVGA or would it be even better if I went down to the VGA? What the hell is SVGA/VGA anyway? o.0 (yes I could google it but them I'd have to deal with jargon and I assume bawksy and others can put it in lamens terms).

AshaSnow said:
I have the highest broadband connection possible to buy from Cox, so my bandwidth is usually between 600 and 900 (maybe higher, I don't pay much attention). I switched my video feed on my Logitech Quickcam 9000 recently from the HD to the SVGA (I am too lazy to look up the resolution associated, but they are the only HD and SVGA options available that aren't widescreen), and the guys said my feed got even smoother/nicer. So my question is should I stick with the SVGA or would it be even better if I went down to the VGA? What the hell is SVGA/VGA anyway? o.0 (yes I could google it but them I'd have to deal with jargon and I assume bawksy and others can put it in lamens terms).

As a fellow citizen of the Valley of the Sun, I say this...

Cox? Ugh! LOL

Anyway, SVGA (Super VGA, if you will) handles more colors than VGA. SVGA can handle up to 16 million colors while VGA tops out at 256. So stick with SVGA.

-40 geek points for Mikey. "VGA" and "SVGA" are ambiguous and over-used terms that mean different things no matter where they are used. Very rarely are they used to imply a color depth. Historically, VGA has been used to refer to a resolution of 640x480, and SVGA to 800x600. But like I said, this is definitely not consistent.

In any case, as has been previously discussed, MFC downsamples your video to 320x240. So there's no reason to go any higher than the minimum resolution that looks good for your viewers, which is probably the 'VGA' setting if that is 640x480.

As you noticed when switching down from the HD, when lowering the resolution, your camera has to do less work per frame, so the frame rate increases, and your camera looks smoother. So always start low and then try working up a bit if the image looks like shit for some reason. But often times poor image quality is for a reason other than resolution.

PallasAthene said:
VoluptuisMilf said:
PallasAthene said:
I just had a guy buy me a logitech pro 9000, but I can't get it to look less pixel-y. I think I just have to play with it some more to get the settings just right. I could definitely be on Bawksy's "bleached out skin" list with my laptop webcam. Though I actually get a lot of compliments on it, ha.

I have the logitech 9000 too...and what I've noticed that causes the pixely look ; P Is too much contrast mixed with the brightness...so, If you turn up the brightness turn down the contrast a little bit, u will see what I'm talking about :)
I always mess w/ it before I go on

This is going to sound silly...but how do I get the new webcam to be my MFC default instead of my built-in webcam one? I'm seriously tearing my hair out with frustration. I've tried everything (even contacted MFC model support, which just directed me to their "help" wiki, which didn't help at all.) Granted, I'm not the most technological person in the world, but I followed all the instructions and it still doesn't work. 1000 awesomeness points to anyone that can help me!! :)

uhmm also you can go to control panel and then device manager and delete the old cam.. if it is USB it will reload when you connect it again.. if it is built in (like a laptop) don't delete it from the device list because it will reload when you restart, if you never want to use the built in on the lap top you can "disable" it instead of deleting it.

Why the fuck even bother? Seriously.

Attachments

• Plusprincess001.jpg
    Plusprincess001.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 256
JustAmber's mother/daughter show is pretty damn hot, but it's hard to make out mom's sexy wrinkles with her blur-o-vision cam.

Attachments

• JustAmber004.jpg
    JustAmber004.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 165
bawksy said:
JustAmber's mother/daughter show is pretty damn hot, but it's hard to make out mom's sexy wrinkles with her blur-o-vision cam.

They want you to see how "mom" sees it LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.