AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm on cam people keep telling me they can hear a noise that sounds like a fish tank, I can never hear anything though. Unless I'm just used to whatever noise they can hear.

AngelicTease said:
When I'm on cam people keep telling me they can hear a noise that sounds like a fish tank, I can never hear anything though. Unless I'm just used to whatever noise they can hear.

That is SOO funny because I have a huge tank..80 gallon in the room where I cam..and it ALWAYS needs water, and from where I am it sounds like a HUGE WATERFALL lol..but I don't think ANYONE else can hear it...and it's pretty loud...weird :think:

pyrite1965 said:
FifthElephant said:
VoluptuisMilf said:
I have the same...well the logitech...and I SO totally want to know what mine looks like from the other end!... :-D

I caught you just as you were going offline, as you were bending over the camera, so the lighting may not be your normal standard, so I won't comment on that.

However, I notice, in common with some other models, that there is something odd going on with sound.

There is a almost-ringing hearable.
If you turn up the volume with the mic on a little more, do you get a high pitched whistle?

The effects of this are most obvious about 10s in, on the long 'r' of 'how are you' .

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I hear a ringing the entire time, may be a window AC or fan?

REALLY? wow...well this is a good thing I asked...I've never known! :think: I don't know what to do then guys...I ask quite often how everything sounds, and everyone ALWAYS says "great"...But thanks for checking it out..now I have to try and figure this out... Oh and I don't have a fan or window AC..I have may have my ceiling fan going, but even I can't hear it..and it's usually on low... :think:

VoluptuisMilf said:
AngelicTease said:

That is SOO funny because I have a huge tank..80 gallon in the room where I cam..and it ALWAYS needs water, and from where I am it sounds like a HUGE WATERFALL lol..but I don't think ANYONE else can hear it...and it's pretty loud...weird :think:

I may be hearing a pump or the filter. I pick up rotational noise (mainly electric motors) really well. It was a good troubleshooting technique when I had to maintain them :p

pyrite1965 said:
VoluptuisMilf said:
AngelicTease said:

I may be hearing a pump or the filter. I pick up rotational noise (mainly electric motors) really well. It was a good troubleshooting technique when I had to maintain them :p

hmmm hmmmm hmmmm lol :think: So I was on tonight, waited until there were like 400 people in the room and asked how my volume and sound was...and everyone either said, great, perfect, good, etc...No complaints of any weird sound or anything, and even an hour later I got a few compliments on how great my sound is lol...I'm SO confused haha...ohh and my pump is home made, so there is no motor or anything, just strictly water flowing...ohhh I give up..haha :violin:

VoluptuisMilf said:
waited until there were like 400 people in the room and asked how my volume and sound was...and everyone either said, great, perfect, good, etc...No complaints of any weird sound or anything, and even an hour later I got a few compliments on how great my sound is lol...I'm SO confused haha...ohh and my pump is home made, so there is no motor or anything, just strictly water flowing...ohhh I give up..haha :violin:

Do I want to - in a room of 400 - try to convince a model - who may be hostile about getting a 'no' answer to 'Is my sound is OK' - when it's not really terrible - to spend possibly several minutes screwing with sound settings, that might not even fix the sound, and will certainly cause maybe 100 of them to leave.

One clear improvement to the MFC model software would be a 'mirror' function.
Login, and before you appear, it records 10s of video, then plays it back to you as MFC received it.

So, you can get to where you will be camming, and then carefully look at the video/sound to see if it's too soft/loud, video is OK, ...

VoluptuisMilf said:
I have the same...well the logitech...and I SO totally want to know what mine looks like from the other end!... :-D

I only caught the end of your show, and you wouldn't move back from the cam, so it was a little hard to tell what's going on. You do look like you need a lot more light. Also I'm not sure what causes it, but your frame rate kept speeding up and slowing down. The video speed itself was constant, but it would get choppy and then smooth and then choppy again, every few seconds. And when it got choppy, it wasn't the motion-blur choppy that can be caused by low light. MFC said your internet connection was 'Very Good', so maybe your computer is having trouble keeping up? Not sure what's going on there.

I'll try to catch you again next time you're on.

Attachments

• VoluptuiSMilF_001.jpg
    VoluptuiSMilF_001.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 598
Here's a hottie I found earlier today, ~6000 camscore. But what the Bob Saget is up with those scanlines?

Attachments

• InnocenseX_001.jpg
    InnocenseX_001.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 601
bawksy said:
Here's a hottie I found earlier today, ~6000 camscore. But what the Bob Saget is up with those scanlines?

She has been around a long time, and I don't recall ever seeing her cam very good. I don't think the lines were as bad months ago, but there were times her lighting was awful and she probably just needs a cam upgrade to begin with.

Also, her camscore used to be way up there months back, but I don't think she's online as much these days. I've enjoyed watching her but I have to mute her. :(

AmberCutie said:
bawksy said:

She has been around a long time, and I don't recall ever seeing her cam very good. I don't think the lines were as bad months ago, but there were times her lighting was awful and she probably just needs a cam upgrade to begin with.

Also, her camscore used to be way up there months back, but I don't think she's online as much these days. I've enjoyed watching her but I have to mute her. :(

She used to be blonde, still really is...but not in hair color. :mrgreen: She also used to be one of those double fisters in open chat, amongst other things -- until she got busted. She was in the top 10, but getting monetarily fined along with a time out really seemed to take the wind out her sails. That was when they actually enforced some of the rules, but only when they felt like it.

Bocefish said:
AmberCutie said:
bawksy said:

She used to be blonde, still really is...but not in hair color. :mrgreen: She also used to be one of those double fisters in open chat, amongst other things -- until she got busted. She was in the top 10, but getting monetarily fined along with a time out really seemed to take the wind out her sails. That was when they actually enforced some of the rules, but only when they felt like it.

I remember her blonde days. The dark hair looks better on her, since her eyebrows were jet black regardless of her hair color. I do remember her masturbating in free chat but I didn't realize she was caught/banned/fined and that was the reason she disappeared for a bit. Interesting.

I just had a guy buy me a logitech pro 9000, but I can't get it to look less pixel-y. I think I just have to play with it some more to get the settings just right. I could definitely be on Bawksy's "bleached out skin" list with my laptop webcam. Though I actually get a lot of compliments on it, ha.

PallasAthene said:
I just had a guy buy me a logitech pro 9000, but I can't get it to look less pixel-y. I think I just have to play with it some more to get the settings just right. I could definitely be on Bawksy's "bleached out skin" list with my laptop webcam. Though I actually get a lot of compliments on it, ha.

I have the logitech 9000 too...and what I've noticed that causes the pixely look ; P Is too much contrast mixed with the brightness...so, If you turn up the brightness turn down the contrast a little bit, u will see what I'm talking about :)
I always mess w/ it before I go on

bawksy said:
VoluptuisMilf said:

I only caught the end of your show, and you wouldn't move back from the cam, so it was a little hard to tell what's going on. You do look like you need a lot more light. Also I'm not sure what causes it, but your frame rate kept speeding up and slowing down. The video speed itself was constant, but it would get choppy and then smooth and then choppy again, every few seconds. And when it got choppy, it wasn't the motion-blur choppy that can be caused by low light. MFC said your internet connection was 'Very Good', so maybe your computer is having trouble keeping up? Not sure what's going on there.

Now that I've seen you live, I agree with bawksy... need more light. Your cam actually looks pretty nice, but slightly hazy, as if the cam is trying to make up for the lack of light in the room.

PS - You're hot :cool:

AmberCutie said:
bawksy said:
VoluptuisMilf said:

Now that I've seen you live, I agree with bawksy... need more light. Your cam actually looks pretty nice, but slightly hazy, as if the cam is trying to make up for the lack of light in the room.

:-D No ur hot heheh...But yeaah..I think my brightness varies DAY to DAY... Kinda of really fluctuates because I have 4 windows in the room...The sun and clouds lol I swear :p But thanks for visiting my room and checkin it out ...I don't think it's really so much anything that's going to make or brake me...now my old cam..pheww..now that was bad lol

VoluptuisMilf said:
PallasAthene said:

I have the logitech 9000 too...and what I've noticed that causes the pixely look ; P Is too much contrast mixed with the brightness...so, If you turn up the brightness turn down the contrast a little bit, u will see what I'm talking about :)
I always mess w/ it before I go on

This is going to sound silly...but how do I get the new webcam to be my MFC default instead of my built-in webcam one? I'm seriously tearing my hair out with frustration. I've tried everything (even contacted MFC model support, which just directed me to their "help" wiki, which didn't help at all.) Granted, I'm not the most technological person in the world, but I followed all the instructions and it still doesn't work. 1000 awesomeness points to anyone that can help me!! :)

PallasAthene said:
This is going to sound silly...but how do I get the new webcam to be my MFC default instead of my built-in webcam one? I'm seriously tearing my hair out with frustration. I've tried everything (even contacted MFC model support, which just directed me to their "help" wiki, which didn't help at all.) Granted, I'm not the most technological person in the world, but I followed all the instructions and it still doesn't work. 1000 awesomeness points to anyone that can help me!! :)

Once you "start webcam" on the admin, click the flash settings under the video and select the correct camera. Flash should remember your preferred setting upon relaunch.

Don't forget to make sure the correct mic is selected also. Same section of settings, but the little microphone icon.

AmberCutie said:
bawksy said:
VoluptuisMilf said:

This. Vol, I watched you a little bit last night and again this morning. During the day, the video looked good. The natural light works for you very well. At night, you need to have some more light in there. It was just too dark.

And as for the sound, it was very good. I don't know what everyone else was going on about there.

Well thanks ; P I don't quite know either...BUT I do agree w/ u..as I said before on this topic..that @ night my cam lighting is a little bad... too dark, but I turn on all my lights lol...and it still is too dark.. I just need to get a little lamp or something then I should be set for night too... :-D
But thanks for checkin it out for me

I just got my Canon vc-c50i set up and running... come check it out and let me know what else I need to do. Any opinions on how i should set up my space are welcome please don't be mean!

FYI I am usually on after 9pm est.

KayleeStarr said:
please don't be mean!

Hahaha I'm usually only mean to models who are in complete denial\

like this bimbo

Although she was putting on a pretty hot show in public so it sort of made you forget about her dimly-lit blur-o-vision

Attachments

• AllisonReeves002.jpg
    AllisonReeves002.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 485
  • AllisonReeves001.jpg
    AllisonReeves001.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 485
Is this bad? I don't know what it usually says:
Video Quality Profile: 28k Modem

My cam connection thingy is 28kb/per sec or under. Eeeek. I don't know why ahhh.

*edit*

It says this again now: Video Quality Profile: 150k DSL
Not sure why it said the modem thingy before. Webcams are confusing.

I may have posted this previously, but even if so, it's worth repeating.

I really wonder if she realizes that she looks radioactive, and likes it so she keeps it this way. I can't imagine that she doesn't get at least one message a day telling her that her color is way too high.

And I've always thought Caterine was gorgeous (and she has the same bed as I do, hehe) but if only she could just make some minor tweaks to the cam.... I'd be a very happy Caterine fan.

Orange girls make me /sadpanda.

Attachments

• holybrightnessbatman.png
    holybrightnessbatman.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 398
  • beautifulbutorange.png
    beautifulbutorange.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 398
AmberCutie said:
I may have posted this previously, but even if so, it's worth repeating.

I really wonder if she realizes that she looks radioactive, and likes it so she keeps it this way. I can't imagine that she doesn't get at least one message a day telling her that her color is way too high.

And I've always thought Caterine was gorgeous (and she has the same bed as I do, hehe) but if only she could just make some minor tweaks to the cam.... I'd be a very happy Caterine fan.

Orange girls make me /sadpanda.

WOW that first one is very "radioactive" :lol: Verry...bright...colors...And YES Caterine is a beaut :)

Hmmm... my cam isn't too great and I'm usually pink. But my guys don't mind. I get the odd few that say "Your cam is too pink!" and I'll say "Yes it is." And that's about it.. I still make a lot and have a lot of fans... so maybe it actually isn't that important.

LilyPink said:
Hmmm... my cam isn't too great and I'm usually pink. But my guys don't mind. I get the odd few that say "Your cam is too pink!" and I'll say "Yes it is." And that's about it.. I still make a lot and have a lot of fans... so maybe it actually isn't that important.

You're rationalizing your cam's crappiness. If you're popular now with your pink-o-blur-o-vision, how popular would you be with a quality cam? Food for thought.

Pic related. It's an anonymous model that your cam reminds me of. Notice that even if it wasn't pink, the picture still isn't very sharp.

Do you have to put a picture of my manky flat up here?? Take it down and I'll give you a proper view next time! :roll:

My cam is good quality, it's a logitech sphere and I like it. Although I've had it a while and could probably do with an upgrade eventually. My main priority (when it comes to improving cam quality) is to change the curtains to get rid of that pink glow. Which shall be done in time for the winter. But not right now, because to be quite frank I've got better things to be spending my money on. Such as giant spacehoppers and rent arrears.

LilyPink said:
Do you have to put a picture of my manky flat up here?? Take it down and I'll give you a proper view next time! :roll:

But you can see the ceiling lol!
(Can anyone else see that funky pattern on the ceiling?)

Have you tried changing your cam settings to see if it gets rid of the pinkness?
I have to change mine every time I go on cam, otherwise I look all orange like a oompa loompa!

Status
Not open for further replies.