AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

First session price complaints

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding countdowns, I think most members are used to thinking of them the other way around. Often we just encounter the individual countdowns in the topic without certainty of what's to come next. This keeps the numbers small and preserves mystery for us and options for you. Having a full show plan is great, but it doesn't have to be on your profile.

So your quickie would just be "750 to shirt off", then shortly after that was hit "750 to pants/skirt off", then finally replaced with "700 to naked".

See, this just seems really confusing to me. If I was a customer looking at that as a price, I'd be like "so $700 is naked but $750 is topless? You were already naked at 700." I see lots of countdown menus on profiles, I just wanted to be clear so people don't argue with me about trying to trick them or something. Is this too much of a department store mentality?

I think you should spend a few hours watching some of the popular models to see how they handle their countdowns.

Could you clarify what you mean by handling? Like deciding on numbers? Or conversation in your room? I haven't spent like a month or anything, but I have watched at least 10 different models and how they handle their room.

I spent weeks and many tokens watching other models before I cammed on MFC. I am ALWAYS researching, even 6 years later! Research more! Much more! It is job training. Training at any job is much longer than an hour.

Spend time watching the flow of countdowns in action and maybe a little less focus on putting countdowns on your profile. Like, how girls put up one countdown, for top off....then another for something else after that is reached. How they handle encouraging people to tip towards the countdown if things have slowed. How they use timers to stir up actions..., etc. etc. etc. etc.

Tip menus are good for specific things people can tip for on your profile, but countdowns are usually done in your room in your topic, as they tend to change depending on the situation and are not static. I would get rid of the countdown graphic all together.

I spent weeks and many tokens watching other models before I cammed on MFC. I am ALWAYS researching, even 6 years later! Research more! Much more! Spend time watching the flow of countdowns in action and maybe a little less focus on putting countdowns on your profile. Tip menus are good for specific things people can tip for, but countdowns are usually done in your room in your topic, as they tend to change depending on the situation and are not static.

That's really good to know! I am definitely not going to be spending tokens atm just because I am actually flat broke, but I will keep observing keep on researching. The reason while I've made all these menus, etc. is because this is all new, and seeing them on other models profiles, I'm assuming that it's expected of me. I haven't found a step by step guideline all in one place, just information on one specific topic here an there.

There are no real step by step instructions because it is really just up to you and how you feel you want to run things. We are all different and independent. You can watch different models and get different ideas and come to your own style!

During my few years on MFC, the clubs, tip menus and elaborate profiles weren't a thing. Once they started to become expected, I jumped ship to streamate. :)

Reactions: Gen
Aren't all countdowns cumulative, ie. add up successively? I thought that was the point of countdowns, to add up all the tips to reach a goal for one specific end action/goal (topless, cumshow, etc. for x total tokens) and tips were for extra things not included in the countdown lineup.
She's saying that some, like I did, may assume that you want that amount for each part of the countdown.

Reactions: Always_Tim and Gen
Spend time watching the flow of countdowns in action and maybe a little less focus on putting countdowns on your profile. Like, how girls put up one countdown, for top off....then another for something else after that is reached. How they handle encouraging people to tip towards the countdown if things have slowed. How they use timers to stir up actions..., etc. etc. etc. etc.

Tip menus are good for specific things people can tip for on your profile, but countdowns are usually done in your room in your topic, as they tend to change depending on the situation and are not static. I would get rid of the countdown graphic all together.

Definintely take it out of the profile. (a) most members won't see it anyway (and the people who do read profiles almost certainly aren't looking for or expecting to see descriptions of how you manage a countdown) and (b) it makes it look like your countdowns are going to be formulaic and predictable. Countdowns should usually appear to be more spontaneous, with guys wondering what's coming next. That way they have incentive to finish the current one so they can find out what the next one will be.

Aren't all countdowns cumulative, ie. add up successively? I thought that was the point of countdowns, to add up all the tips to reach a goal for one specific end action/goal (topless, cumshow, etc. for x total tokens) and tips were for extra things not included in the countdown lineup.

Maybe you want to think of it that way for yourself but as a member that is quite confusing. In most rooms a model will have a countdown for one thing then once that is reached begin a new countdown for the next thing.

So from your graphic it says 200 for shoes off, 400 for socks off and 600 for a foot massage etc. I would assume this meant a countdown starts at 200 and then once reached you take your shoes off and you then start a completely new countdown at 400 to take your socks off. This means the total you have earned is 600 by this point. Then another new countdown would start at 600 for the foot massage bringing the overall total once that happens to 1200.

I think the confusion is that you meant once you reach a total of 200 you take off the socks, then once you hit a total of 400 the socks come off, then once you hit a total of 600 you do the foot massage and so on all the way through the list.

If you use the first way of thinking then adding them all up it seems like you were charging a total 13,200 tokens to get through all your countdowns whereas you really meant you would have gone through them all by only 2200 tokens. I think this is probably why people were complaining about your prices which are actually very fair but they way they are laid out makes them seem really high.

I think its far simpler and easier to just get rid of the countdown graphic. Then there will be no confusion and you can set your prices at whatever you want and also change your countdowns so you arent doing the same things every time.

Extra things like videos or requests or purchases often count to countdowns. Every girl has her own rules. Most often requests and tips for things will count.. some girls count vids others dont, and i'd say most girls dont count phsyical things that they mail (panties etc) or things where they are being pre-paid for labor later (custom vids, skype shows). But it really truly varies. The important thing is to be clear.

It is pretty unusual to have the same countdown every night, and to post that on your profile. If it doesn't get old fast for you, it will likely get old for them. Normally girls decide their countdowns ahead of each session, or even during the session (I adjust mine depending on the mood in the room.. ) and post them to their topic.

It's also not typical to post the entire thing with the total tokens in the end. Normally, the reason we break up our countdowns is to avoid 'sticker' shock. FOr example, I might decide I want 4000tks to do a cum show. If i log on and put that in my topic, they'll all go running. So i log on and i put 900 bra off. When that's done i might put 900 naked. Then... im at 1800 tks so next I put up a topic of 1200tks to add a buttplug. Now i'm at 3000tks. Now the room is hopping and I decide that I can probably get to 5000 tks if I offer a prize, so I decide I'll put up a 2000 countdown for the cum show and throw in a high tipper contest for panties.

This is one example of how my shift might go - as an established model. Yours will probably look different. But the key thing is.. typically you're not laying it all out ahead of time. At most i might tell them "after this we'll be counting down to naked" or "if anyone tip bombs me 4000tks I'll cum on the spot and scream their name and send them the recording" or something like that. And then only if I think there's someone in the room who might be interested in tipping 4k in one shot. WHich is not an often thing..

In your graphic each amount looks like its own separate countdown rather than cumulative. I think you're getting a range of opinions because .. every room is different. THe most important thing is clarity. The more you can make clear at a glance to members the better.

I just went ahead and took them off of my profile. I wish I would have known that I didn't really need them, but from looking at everyone elses profile who is more established than myself, they seemed so essential!
I ended up having the weirdest day. My ceiling light fixture fell out of the ceiling, I started hours later than I wanted to, and I got 3 times as many tokens compared to my first show to do a messy food performance. It was great. Again, I will definitely try to keep learning and improving.

Reactions: fandango
I may vary from most on the song choice. I think it should be high so you don't get a bunch of really crappy music. Tastes vary, and really I'd prefer a model just pick her own songs...but charge a hefty bit for a random person to pick for you.

Reactions: RorieBair
I just went ahead and took them off of my profile. I wish I would have known that I didn't really need them, but from looking at everyone elses profile who is more established than myself, they seemed so essential!
I ended up having the weirdest day. My ceiling light fixture fell out of the ceiling, I started hours later than I wanted to, and I got 3 times as many tokens compared to my first show to do a messy food performance. It was great. Again, I will definitely try to keep learning and improving.
I'm really curious where you saw models with their countdowns on their profiles?
Tip menus are cool! and common, but certainly not essential.

Ultimately - what works for you will take some experimentation. The biggest thing I wish i'd known when i started was that I'd need to be flexible while i figured it all out.

I'm really curious where you saw models with their countdowns on their profiles?
Tip menus are cool! and common, but certainly not essential.

Ultimately - what works for you will take some experimentation. The biggest thing I wish i'd known when i started was that I'd need to be flexible while i figured it all out.

When I was waiting for my application to get approved I went to the MFC homepage and just started clicking on profiles to see what they looked like, and figuring out how to watch the shows, trying to find ones that I could see the chat room so I could get a feel for how to mod the room, or what kind of outrageous shit people would say. I looked at probably 20+ models who were online at the top of the page at that moment (ie whenever I happened to be browsing). I did this at least 3 times and saw quite a few tip menus, some countdown menus, and lots of in room count downs.

Reactions: Nordling
Thanks everyone for their answers. I'm kind of baffled at the range of opinions, even on how a countdown works, but I feel very humbled. I guess I'll just have to keep observing and see how I can improve.
The biggest thing to keep in mind is that from the member's side, countdowns ... count down. That is there's a goal, and we see how much is remaining to the goal. Pretty much never the other way around, though of course you'll be thinking of your earnings counting up. If I walk in when a model has set a goal of 2000 tokens to naked and others have tipped 1800 tokens over the course of the shift, I expect to see "200 tokens to naked" in the topic. MFC can handle this for you automatically if you set the countdown and write your topic as "@remain to naked".

See, this just seems really confusing to me. If I was a customer looking at that as a price, I'd be like "so $700 is naked but $750 is topless? You were already naked at 700." I see lots of countdown menus on profiles, I just wanted to be clear so people don't argue with me about trying to trick them or something. Is this too much of a department store mentality?
I would suggest to leave the countdowns to your topic and not on your profile at all. Have a set amount you want for the 1st round (shirt). Then adjust your next round(s) goal to the vibe in the room. If it took forever to get the first goal reached, make the next round a little less to get things moving. If there is a packed house, tips are falling like rain, raise the next goal and maybe add another round to make good use of a giving room.
Also, keep in mind that every 550 tokens you post for your goal or for a tip to request or do something, is $50.00 to the member.
For example: 2200 for Spanks & Ass Closeup is $200.00
You can set your prices to whatever you would like, your room, your rules. But for a comparison, in the room I frequent the most, her spank tip is 35.
I think a lot of models, new and veterans alike, forget that when they see the front page models get the tips they get, there are 4 more pages of 1000+ models that don't get any where near what the "top" models get.
Best of luck to you in your new world of camming.

Status
Not open for further replies.