AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Custom model disappeared. Options?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I'm trying to kinda discourage you guys from personalizing anything said to you by a persona designed to sell, that's all.
That is fair enough, and something for us to keep in mind for sure.

Not wanting to teach my grandmother how to suck eggs, or anything else that she may have felt like: but I think it's also wise for the person selling to pick their target or read the room, as it were. Coming over all "I am the best" to an experienced potential customer discussing intox videos may not be the best tack to take.

But I am a natural sceptic, I look at most marketing with suspicion. :) Although I am sure there are some more subtle methods that I am affected by just as we all are.

That is fair enough, and something for us to keep in mind for sure.

Not wanting to teach my grandmother how to suck eggs, or anything else that she may have felt like: but I think it's also wise for the person selling to pick their target or read the room, as it were. Coming over all "I am the best" to an experienced potential customer discussing intox videos may not be the best tack to take.

But I am a natural sceptic, I look at most marketing with suspicion. :) Although I am sure there are some more subtle methods that I am affected by just as we all are.
Valid point. Valid point.

Sometimes it's pretty energy intensive to cater your persona to each individual, although that actually is something I try to do. But I'm also someone who over works, and is chronically depleted and exhausted.

Sometimes it's easier and smarter just to cast out a wide net, and have those who aren't into it just drop off quietly. However, I'm also treasuring the more personal connection that comes with putting more individual personLized energy in these days too. So I don't 100 percent disagree with you here. It's just a tough balance. At least for me.

Thanks for humoring me here with this discussion btw. I'm in a phase where I'm kinda exploring new stuff, so it helps to kinda discuss this.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Valid point. Valid point.

Sometimes it's pretty energy intensive to cater your persona to each individual, although that actually is something I try to do. But I'm also someone who over works, and is chronically depleted and exhausted.
Personal health, physical and mental must always be uppermost in your considerations.

Sometimes it's easier and smarter just to cast out a wide net, and have those who aren't into it just drop off quietly. However, I'm also treasuring the more personal connection that comes with putting more individual personLized energy in these days too. So I don't 100 percent disagree with you here. It's just a tough balance. At least for me.
Oh I am sure it's very tricky. It is not something I could do.

Thanks for humoring me here with this discussion btw.
No worries, it's easy to do so, you always make valid points :)

What do they say? Keep an open mind . . . . but no so open that your brain drops out. :rofl:

I'm going to pile onto this discussion.

One of the more infuriating things I find I run into on cam is I'll say something in a very, very general way and someone takes it personally. "Hey guys, we need to turn these goals!" Then I get a PM, "What am I not tipping enough?"

Well, yeah you are for you. But there are other people resting on their laurels and not tipping or chatting and those are the people I'm talking to. So my takeaway from it is that person who PM'd me does know they could tip more, isn't going to and feels called out about it. I'm just a cam model who wants to make as many tokens as I possibly can and be able to sleep at night.

There are very few situations in life where I consider more the merrier to be a true statement, but camming definitely is one of those situations where it is true.

I am seeing more of this too. Guys over personalizing things we say, and getting weird about it. It's frustrating and at times I wonder if it's a way to get even more personal attention for free.

Id personally love it if there was less personalization, of weird stuff in our professional world.

For example, and not to beat a dead horse to death, because I talk about Unabomber a lot. But the Unabomber guy who got mad at me, and made five accounts, and got really abusive with me. Part of what started it, was because I sent out a mass message to literally thousands of men, advertising a small penis humiliation fetish video. He got irate because he neither understood the stream mate message system, the fetish SPH, nor how to navigate the site. He took it, that I was personally insulting his penis, which was ridiculous, considering I have never even seen it. Sorry to beat this example to death, the Unabomber was just crazy. And it took quite a lot, to get him off my case. Five accounts is just ridiculous, for not even spending any money, just to argue and abuse someone. Over crazy shit he chose to personalize, which was never even directed towards him🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
I am seeing more of this too. Guys over personalizing things we say, and getting weird about it. It's frustrating and at times I wonder if it's a way to get even more personal attention for free.

Id personally love it if there was less personalization, of weird stuff in our professional world.

For example, and not to beat a dead horse to death, because I talk about Unabomber a lot. But the Unabomber guy who got mad at me, and made five accounts, and got really abusive with me. Part of what started it, was because I sent out a mass message to literally thousands of men, advertising a small penis humiliation fetish video. He got irate because he neither understood the stream mate message system, the fetish SPH, nor how to navigate the site. He took it, that I was personally insulting his penis, which was ridiculous, considering I have never even seen it. Sorry to beat this example to death, the Unabomber was just crazy. And it took quite a lot, to get him off my case. Five accounts is just ridiculous, for not even spending any money, just to argue and abuse someone. Over crazy shit he chose to personalize, which was never even directed towards him🤦‍♀️
Oh eeek, I do lots of SPH, humiliation, and sissy content and I don't tend to mass message those out of fear of upsetting a square/vanilla guy just this way. Been really trying to segment my customer lists but that is no easy task, especially if you didn't start being conscientious with this from day 1!

Oh eeek, I do lots of SPH, humiliation, and sissy content and I don't tend to mass message those out of fear of upsetting a square/vanilla guy just this way. Been really trying to segment my customer lists but that is no easy task, especially if you didn't start being conscientious with this from day 1!
I'm clearly listed as Femdom. I'm not catering my business to vanilla guys who get upset and lose their minds over nothing. I do vanilla too. And of 10 000 men, one who got the message had a mental breakdown over it. Noone else would find that upsetting. These guys understand what we do. I'm not catering to that level of over sensitivity and entitlement. Sorry, but I think that's ridiculous.

There is no ability on Streamate to segment out men. They simply understand that I have to cater to more than just them, to make a living, and nobody else has a problem with it other than this one mentally ill guy.

If Femdom upsets you, here's an idea; don't follow models who are clearly listed as catering to Femdom. 1 in 10 000 isn't even one percent. Sorry to be blunt, but I wasn't the problem there.

• Hugs
Reactions: LilyLaughing
I'm clearly listed as Femdom. I'm not catering my business to vanilla guys who get upset and lose their minds over nothing. I do vanilla too. And of 10 000 men, one who got the message had a mental breakdown over it. Noone else would find that upsetting. These guys understand what we do. I'm not catering to that level of over sensitivity and entitlement. Sorry, but I think that's ridiculous.

There is no ability on Streamate to segment out men. They simply understand that I have to cater to more than just them, to make a living, and nobody else has a problem with it other than this one mentally ill guy.

If Femdom upsets you, here's an idea; don't follow models who are clearly listed as catering to Femdom. 1 in 10 000 isn't even one percent. Sorry to be blunt, but I wasn't the problem there.
Oh my, I didn't mean to imply you were the problem here at all! Wasn't sure about segmenting lists on SM either, I have been doing it on Niteflirt but not so successfully always, it's almost impossible to keep up with on a busy shift! There is just an ENDLESS 'to do' list for us and it can be tough to choose what to prioritize. Anyway, it's good to hear that only one person of so many was butthurt about your message, maybe I won't worry about that so much. 1:10 000 is not the worst ratio maniacs to normal clients.
Men are so obsessed with their dicks it makes sense *someone* would take it be specificially about their own peen. Wishing you chill clients and lots of profit on your next (current?) stream!

Seconded. WeTransfer is pretty good although it doesn't remain there like it does in Dropbox or Google Drive. I think they have 3 days to download it. It also seems to utterly consume bandwidth when uploading files. Literally feels like everything from your wifi to the extractor fan on your cooker slows down during upload.
Lol

Damn I can fake being intoxicated if that’s a fetish that men wanna pay for! I did it for 30 years at the strip club selling fake champagne to soldiers oh so drunk I was Never! But those dudes never knew