AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Correct Bra Size

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
After reading the complaints models have about being questioned regarding their bra size and the fact that 80% of women wear the wrong size bra, I decided to do some more investigating. After all, how hard could it be, right? It's not rocket science after all! Holy moly, no wonder it's soooo confusing! Every site had a different way to measure...add 4 inches if it's an even number, add 5 inches if it's an odd number, and some say add a standard 3 inches to the rib cage regardless, while others say to add nothing if you're a heavier woman. WTF!? Who knows the proper way??

I'm guessing it's because men can relate more to numbers than women. How many famous mathematicians are women? This thread is not about why men want to know bra size, but how to correctly determine proper bra size for fit and comfort. I'm genuinely curious what the proper way is and it might actually help other women to know, eh.

Ah true I see. Eh, there are plenty of women who love math and honest I think the numbers are pretty equal.

I'm lucky enough not to need a bra, but there are tons of women too who don't fit "standard" sizes. For example I'm an AA - that's rare enough as it is.

I just spent 2 min & 59 seconds watching a great rack. :clap: But seriously? What Alex said.

I just try lots of bras on until one fits comfortably. That's all I had to do when I went to get measured anyway. I thought they'd touch me up and actually measure me, but they just gave me a load of bras and said which one looked best and asked me which felt best.

I've got small boobs so could probably get away with not wearing one, but I'm always worried coz of my nipples! If it's chilly and they go hard, I don't want old grannies seeing me with hard nipples! Actually I think I'd be embarassed about anyone offline seeing my nipples through my clothes, but lots of people seem to do it, hmm. I'm sure this is a whole new topic sorry I'll shush. :p Or is it shoosh. Or just shh. Hmm.

It's a mystery. Doesn't help that manufacturinging cuts differ from bra to bra. A 34b in one could fit like a 34a in another. Doesn't help that my tits fluctuate in size (I think I might have grown into a C, but since I'm naked most days I can't really tell).

This just gets me back on the subject I've been stuck on about important women's issues being glossed over. Way too much money being wasted on men past their prime hard (there's a natural reason for that, you know) and not enough spent on making sure the reproductive health of females of child bearing age isn't compromised by "ordinary" dilemmas.

*puts soapbox away*

Then again, I understand the measurement formulas differing as bras are mass-produced and no two women will be exactly alike. Kind of like jeans.

MzMarche said:
Then again, I understand the measurement formulas differing as ... no two women will be exactly alike.

No kidding. Round boobs? Pointy boobs? Saggy boobs? All those things have to be taken into account above and beyond actual measurements.

So jealous of you girls who can get away without wearing a bra. I'm busting out of a G cup right now :( :?

I HATE bra shopping. I can't just go down to Kmart or whatever and pick up a $15 bra, it's at least $75 a bra for me. And because I live in a small town, most of my bras are bought online which makes the difference of sizes between manufacturers even more annoying.

Yeeeeeeah, being "measured" for bras is a joke in itself. I always know I'm somewhere between a 38-40 and a D or DD, depending on the brand and style.

Just yesterday I saw some bras I wanted from Lane Bryant, so my "safe" size to grab is 40DD. Tried them on and omg I thought at one point I might break the band lol. Well guess what, I was already wearing a LB bra, in the same exact style I was wanting to buy. The one I had been wearing is a 40DD and apparently it's been worn enough that the 40 is so incredibly lose I barely notice anything there :roll: So naturally that's why I went for the 40. But a *new* 40 was tight.

At Victorias Secret I can pretty much only wear their BioFit line. The same size in other styles does not fit me. Their sizes top out at 38 & 40, so I'm at the ass end of their stuff, JUST being able to fit. And only a handful of things come in a DD also.

So basically, I know my general range of sizes. When I go shopping I start with a middle guesstimate size, and go from there. The part that goes around me will ALL depend on the material it is made of. VS BioFit line is very very stretchy, I can wear a 38 and still have more than enough room. Their one bra that's like 9 different ways you can wear it or whatever, is made out of different material and doesn't stretch whatsoever, so I can't wear those at ALL!

It's annoying. It's not fun. The only time I'd consider bra shopping fun is when I'm getting a particular brand and style, cuz I already know what size I need (like for VS BioFit).

I have the problem of having breasts that are too small but still big enough to need one.

(No, not too small as in, omg I have to go get a boob job NOW! too small as in, "Okay, let me try this one... too big, let me try this one.. too big, it doesn't go smaller? WTF?")

I don't even try for molded cup or underwire, cause they don't need that. But, sometimes, I'll attempt a molded cup. The one molded cup I have is 36B, and it fits awesomely...

In one style/brand, I'm a 34C. In Hanes, I have to go with 36A, because they make their B's as big as most companies make C's or bigger!

The one thing that has been fairly consistent for me is the band, at least. Either 36 or 34. The problem- it's impossible to find 34B, or 36A. It's like the companies don't even make them. And sometimes, I'm trying bras, and find that's exactly what I need.

LadyLuna said:
The problem- it's impossible to find 34B, or 36A. It's like the companies don't even make them. And sometimes, I'm trying bras, and find that's exactly what I need.

:think: My default size is 34B and I have no trouble at all finding bras (except when stock is low). Have you tried Walmart or Target? They have some really cute styles for cheap.

I think that next time I go bra shopping, I'm going to try a 32C because the 34B I'm wearing now doesn't feel right at all for some reason.

Mine are a G cup too. Apparently, I can sometimes wear H. It all depends on make and design. I find sizing unimportant, wearing a comfortable well supporting bra is.

I think guys like to know because they worry that they can't see the dimensions properly on their screens.

I always try walmart first, and can never find any bra's that don't have underwire or molded cup (and I mean I don't want either, not that I can't find it without one or the other...)

End up getting them at K-Mart or... this one store that might be too region specific to name... but is kinda like a wal-mart.

My Measurements

I went a little crazy and did all my measurements on mfc, and posted them on my livejournal.

I mean everything I could think of, too. Except pussy depth, since I don't put anything in while public.

LadyLuna said:
My Measurements

I went a little crazy and did all my measurements on mfc, and posted them on my livejournal.

I mean everything I could think of, too. Except pussy depth, since I don't put anything in while public.

Now that's dedication! :clap:

For some reason, the clit to nip measurement made me chuckle. Now I can see guys going around asking that one. :roll:

The across pussy one makes me wonder how you measured. :think:
Across Pussy: 4.5 inches

know where the thigh meets the pussy? how it indents a little there, and the pussy hair kinda stops?

From the one on the left to the one on the right. While my thighs were apart.

In Aria Giovanni's chat, she was finally dragged by her friend to Nordstoms for a bra fitting and turns out she is a 32F instead of the 34DD she's been wearing all these years. She says the support difference is incredible and now has to replace years and years of expensive bras. Like Amber said, sounds like Nordstoms is the place to go for the right fit.

shoot i think my bra is wrong. last time i was measured i was a 38ddd

and i sometimes wear a 40dd or 42dd
depends on the style etc but i have not been measured in a while

plus my right boob is like a cup and a half larger than the left one lol

Bocefish said:
In Aria Giovanni's chat, she was finally dragged by her friend to Nordstoms for a bra fitting and turns out she is a 32F instead of the 34DD she's been wearing all these years. She says the support difference is incredible and now has to replace years and years of expensive bras. Like Amber said, sounds like Nordstoms is the place to go for the right fit.

Yay!! Oh and sweet, we are the same size. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.