AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vixenviolet said:
Hey I took a break from camming for a year I went on today for 1 hour and made 1000 tokens didnt seem that bad seeing as i had been away for so long and my cam looked a bit crappo !But my camscore has dropped to 1500 and something my score used to be around 2500 im wondering if theres any point carrying on with mfc if its going to drop to below 1000 any comments from models who have taken a break would be realllyyyy helpful xD xxx
I've calculated that it takes, on average over the last couple of months, about 350 to 375 tokens per hour to maintain a 1000 camscore. If you haven't read through the last 10 pages or so of this thread to learn about the 60 day average and how it's calculated, I say you should do that, then decide if you can maintain a 1000 score and if it's worth it to ya. :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
Thanks Amber I have read all the thread not worrying too much now as well above the 350 tokens per hour! Just thought I'd say you look beautiful on cam and you are my favourite!

muh! said:
ComicOzzie said:
http://www.camscorestats.com/profile.php?name=princesstamy
http://www.camscorestats.com/profile.php?name=samyrax

Here are a couple of serious head scratchers. Each model saw a drop of over 80% in her camscore from the previous day, even though they both had fairly steady scores going back several months. WTF?
I'd say bug.
And:
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/PrincessTamia
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/samyrax

Or they're working on altering the calculation algorithm to prevent easy manipulation. :dontknow:
Yes, it was a bug. As I explained somewhere, sometimes the things get messy and a model may show up with the wrong camscore for no more than a few seconds. No big deal. The real camscore, which is exactly the previous camscore, is caught on the next minute. So, there was no real variation or manipulation. Just a bug.

I've fixed it on my site and PM'ed zoomer about this.

Reactions: Nordling
Back in January I did a 4 girl show on MFC and did pretty well in the 4 hours we were online. My cam score went up 600+ points bringing me to almost 1100.

This past weekend I did another 4 girl show and made twice as many tokens as last time and was online for less time, maybe 3 or 3.5 hours, and my cam score has risen a whopping 50 points and I'm now at 520.

I AM SO CONFUSED!

Has the tokens per hour ratio really changed that much in 5 months?

Wendsor said:
most likely you spend more time online and / or made less money in the last 60 days then in January.

I had only been online about 8 hours in total and made basically the same amount of tokens in the 60 days previous to both those occasions. MFC isn't my main cam site so I usually don't spend much time there.

ComicOzzie said:
http://www.camscorestats.com/profile.php?name=madambijou

Looks like Christmas came early to a struggling p. 4 model.

hehe, bug, she's 107 on camscore. Will get around to fixing it in a bit if I log into the db - cheers! Too busy watching House on my lunch break to do it now ;)

AirenStar said:
Back in January I did a 4 girl show on MFC and did pretty well in the 4 hours we were online. My cam score went up 600+ points bringing me to almost 1100.

This past weekend I did another 4 girl show and made twice as many tokens as last time and was online for less time, maybe 3 or 3.5 hours, and my cam score has risen a whopping 50 points and I'm now at 520.

I AM SO CONFUSED!

Has the tokens per hour ratio really changed that much in 5 months?
There is a theory that, when calculating a single camscore, the secret formula takes into account all camscores. You may have got more tokens now, but other models may have had a better performance too, resulting in something different.

Zoomer said:
ComicOzzie said:
http://www.camscorestats.com/profile.php?name=madambijou

Looks like Christmas came early to a struggling p. 4 model.

hehe, bug, she's 107 on camscore. Will get around to fixing it in a bit if I log into the db - cheers! Too busy watching House on my lunch break to do it now ;)
Yep, bug. I'm trying to find a way to discard these erratic camscores automatically.

Reactions: GoddessAiren
I understand that many of you have a good idea of how the score works, and some of you have been able to actually calculate your score on a day to day or shift to shift basis.

But I am still not convinced that there isn't some randomness to it. Case in point: While I do not spend much time in the "top" models rooms, I would like to think I at least recognize the names. Well, in the first row of the homepage there seems quite a few names I don't recognize at all. They seemed to have gotten there in just the last few nights. Coincidentally, more than one of said models are broadcasting from the convention in Miami.

FYI I do not care if MFC does this, and it is a wise thing to do actually: Does MFC offer the models a little "scratch" monetarily or placement on the homepage, to go these conventions to promote the site. Obviously the models do not pay for the booth space or the backdrop. But does MFC pay the models way or compensate them in some way?

:hello2: hello dear models:)Im kinda new on this forum .I m happy to be registreted I see a lot of mfc models here.
My big problem is camscore I think this system already lies to me.Yesterday I log in to myfreecams.com(main page) using my Model's name just to check out mfc mails n log off in 2 seconds .In the evening I have seen my camscore dropped on 1000 points I was shocked how is it possible?I didnt go online!I just log in to check out mfc mails what could happen if I stayed longer?I guess my camscore could drop down to 0.I wrote to mfc admins my problem they didnt answer me anything I guess it doesnt make sense to write them more they will totally ignore me:((((((I know a lot of models log in to main page as models just to chat with members n nothing happene with their camscores .why it happened with me?(I wish I knew

shineblondy said:
:hello2: hello dear models:)Im kinda new on this forum .I m happy to be registreted I see a lot of mfc models here.
My big problem is camscore I think this system already lies to me.Yesterday I log in to myfreecams.com(main page) using my Model's name just to check out mfc mails n log off in 2 seconds .In the evening I have seen my camscore dropped on 1000 points I was shocked how is it possible?I didnt go online!I just log in to check out mfc mails what could happen if I stayed longer?I guess my camscore could drop down to 0.I wrote to mfc admins my problem they didnt answer me anything I guess it doesnt make sense to write them more they will totally ignore me:((((((I know a lot of models log in to main page as models just to chat with members n nothing happene with their camscores .why it happened with me?(I wish I knew
Please read through the last few pages (at least, if not more :) ) and I think you'll find your answer.

Ataboy said:
I understand that many of you have a good idea of how the score works, and some of you have been able to actually calculate your score on a day to day or shift to shift basis.

But I am still not convinced that there isn't some randomness to it.

I totally agree with this. I'm sure tokens, time spent online and other models are all factors but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of random, just to keep us all on our toes and hustling those tokens in hopes of achieving camscore perfection.

mine's done nothing but go down. i'm not going to worry about it really, but it is weird. i made 600 something tokens in 2 hours and my shit dropped from 730 to 666.3. then i was on 2 hours today, made 330 and it went from 666.3 to 640. i call bs! but whatever.

Ataboy said:

But I am still not convinced that there isn't some randomness to it. Case in point: While I do not spend much time in the "top" models rooms, I would like to think I at least recognize the names. Well, in the first row of the homepage there seems quite a few names I don't recognize at all. They seemed to have gotten there in just the last few nights. Coincidentally, more than one of said models are broadcasting from the convention in Miami.

FYI I do not care if MFC does this, and it is a wise thing to do actually: Does MFC offer the models a little "scratch" monetarily or placement on the homepage, to go these conventions to promote the site. Obviously the models do not pay for the booth space or the backdrop. But does MFC pay the models way or compensate them in some way?

Models are not paid or compensated in any way to attend and/or promote MFC at conventions.

AirenStar said:
Ataboy said:

But I am still not convinced that there isn't some randomness to it.

I totally agree with this. I'm sure tokens, time spent online and other models are all factors but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of random, just to keep us all on our toes and hustling those tokens in hopes of achieving camscore perfection.
I think the random part comes in because you're graded on a curve depending on what the other online girls are making. So, pulling in more than usual on a busy night with lots of the big girls on isn't going to raise the score as much as being a higher earner on a dull day. :think:

KittyWilde said:
Ataboy said:

Models are not paid or compensated in any way to attend and/or promote MFC at conventions.
I just know that some models create member accounts and promote mfc using own member account what is good alternative in this situation :)

iv asked the same thing and ill give you the best advise I got, dont look at it! I try not to look at it anymore or it drives me mad! Try to just have fun and be yourself

Crazydidi said:
iv asked the same thing and ill give you the best advise I got, dont look at it! I try not to look at it anymore or it drives me mad! Try to just have fun and be yourself
If only it was that easy. :(
My whole MFC life has completely turned around since my camscore dropped from 3000 to 2500.

I think in the last two years I wrote most of my posts about the cam score, the position you are placed with your avatar and the total lack of calculation methods for models to improve the cam rate or to change behavior that makes it drop. My highest cam rate was 26.000+ in February 2010 when I reached #1 Miss MFC .... back then with a very reasonable 650.000 tokens ( yes yes now you need at least 1.5 to 1.8 million tokens ...oh how the times are changing) ..

The cam rate is not that difficult to calculate as it is the last 60 days running and the tokens per hour are the main method of calculation ..... The problem is not the hight of the cam rate ..I dont give a fuck that I now have a 7000 cam rate ...I still am in the first 2-3 lines of the main MFC board when you log in .... What I find disturbing is that how easily MFC allows studios / pimps and other structures to manipulate the cam rate into numbers that only can make you laugh ...The former non nude model with a 50.000+ cam rate ...As a veteran on MFC after 3 years and I think that Amber will agree with me: That is only possible with total manipulation , huge offline tips and for what ? To see the girl drop back to her former 4500 cam rate within two months ....Why ? I know why and will gladly tell it in my book ......

The thing is, do it like I do ( ad believe me it is hard to see non performing , non English speaking and non interesting models with 3 times your cam rate because of their manipulating pimp/studio or huge self tipping) but I have learned to give it a place ...... If you don't it will eat you alive in frustration and anger ....

For those who are desperate for a higher cam rate the easy solution the following , and take it from me this is used by the majority of the top 30 cam rate girls on MFC ) > tip yourself heavily offline and see the loss of $300 on each $800 spend as marketing costs...... will it help ? Yes it will help you bring up your cam rate and your avatar position .... Will it help in the long run ? No , as you can not keep pumping your hard earned money into the foundation of your cam rate ...You are here to make money ..Not the support of your ego ....

Don't stare yourself blind on huge cam rates .... some are real ( the big tipper that takes care of it ...I used to have it ) but more aften than not it is the result of pure manipulation... Is that wrong ? There is no rule against it ... so no ... Is it fair ? ....Hell no ...But then again what is fair in the cam world ..........

MilaMilanXXX said:
I think in the last two years I wrote most of my posts about the cam score, the position you are placed with your avatar and the total lack of calculation methods for models to improve the cam rate or to change behavior that makes it drop. My highest cam rate was 26.000+ in February 2010 when I reached #1 Miss MFC .... back then with a very reasonable 650.000 tokens ( yes yes now you need at least 1.5 to 1.8 million tokens ...oh how the times are changing) ..

The cam rate is not that difficult to calculate as it is the last 60 days running and the tokens per hour are the main method of calculation ..... The problem is not the hight of the cam rate ..I dont give a fuck that I now have a 7000 cam rate ...I still am in the first 2-3 lines of the main MFC board when you log in .... What I find disturbing is that how easily MFC allows studios / pimps and other structures to manipulate the cam rate into numbers that only can make you laugh ...The former non nude model with a 50.000+ cam rate ...As a veteran on MFC after 3 years and I think that Amber will agree with me: That is only possible with total manipulation , huge offline tips and for what ? To see the girl drop back to her former 4500 cam rate within two months ....Why ? I know why and will gladly tell it in my book ......

The thing is, do it like I do ( ad believe me it is hard to see non performing , non English speaking and non interesting models with 3 times your cam rate because of their manipulating pimp/studio or huge self tipping) but I have learned to give it a place ...... If you don't it will eat you alive in frustration and anger ....

For those who are desperate for a higher cam rate the easy solution the following , and take it from me this is used by the majority of the top 30 cam rate girls on MFC ) > tip yourself heavily offline and see the loss of $300 on each $800 spend as marketing costs...... will it help ? Yes it will help you bring up your cam rate and your avatar position .... Will it help in the long run ? No , as you can not keep pumping your hard earned money into the foundation of your cam rate ...You are here to make money ..Not the support of your ego ....

Don't stare yourself blind on huge cam rates .... some are real ( the big tipper that takes care of it ...I used to have it ) but more aften than not it is the result of pure manipulation... Is that wrong ? There is no rule against it ... so no ... Is it fair ? ....Hell no ...But then again what is fair in the cam world ..........

wow Mila... loved reading you

Status
Not open for further replies.