AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss_Heidi said:
My camscore has dropped 4k points in the last 3 months. :? As a result I think I have a better understanding of how it works.

Fill me in! (Not that I truly give a flying fuck!) ;) I always try to LIE to myself, I just DON'T care about what has been happening to my cam score... BUT I DO want to know....Why thee fuck my score has dropped from the 8k +/- ish that it always used to be.... for NO apparent reason. I still make the same per hour on avg. Not a damn thing has changed... fuck eettt...

MissVoluptuis said:
Miss_Heidi said:
My camscore has dropped 4k points in the last 3 months. :? As a result I think I have a better understanding of how it works.

Fill me in! (Not that I truly give a flying fuck!) ;) I always try to LIE to myself, I just DON'T care about what has been happening to my cam score... BUT I DO want to know....Why thee fuck my score has dropped from the 8k +/- ish that it always used to be.... for NO apparent reason. I still make the same per hour on avg. Not a damn thing has changed... fuck eettt...

the avg tokens / hour is going up.

JoleneJolene said:
Ursavannah said:

Gawd I hate that video! I hated it when my cam score was 550 and I hate it now. It sounds like a bunch of over analyzing butt hurt to me.
The reason why the top models are making more now than two years ago is because the site has 10 times the traffic that it did back then and has become more and more of a social site than a wham bam site! It's hard for a site to give individual attention to each and every 7,000th model on the site, that doesn't mean they don't give a shit. They spend a ton of money and time developing model features geared only at making our lives easier. Yes it's a business and money is a driving factor but... that's business! Every business!
Sorry for the rant, I just get tired of MFC as a site being faulted because a model struggles.
Me too. It's pretty obvious that video was created by someone with way too much time on their hands and butt hurt feelings about MFC. Everything Jolene said above is true. :dance:

Reactions: JoleneBrody
I was thinking since MyCamGirl has all the times when models are on and the camscore, if enough models have a record of what tips they received when and are willing to share, a person can make some more progress to estimate the camscore formula using an autoregressive (AR) statistical model. It is used in the corporate world for forecasting, which is what I think most models want to know- i.e., if my camscore is X, and I was online for Y hours and made Z tips, then what will be the effect on my camscore tomorrow for each given amount that other girls made during the same period? The most difficult part is to gather data from models and estimate the effect of what other models are earning at particular times, and what time units are used.

For example, a 1-period autoregressive (AR) model: Y (camscore @ time t) = B0 + B1(tips/hr @ time t-x) + B2(tips/hr @ time t-60 days) + Y (camscore @ time t-1) + random error. In this example the goal is to estimate variable B1 (effect on camscore of tips/hr), B2 ( effect on camscore of tips/hr 60 days ago), and B0 (effect on camscore of not logging in). You could also add another element of B3 (effect on camscore of estimated total earnings on MFC that hour). If you keep running statistical regressions using lots of different types of formulas until you hit strong correlations, then when you have constructed a model with a very high "R^2" (explanatory power) you have basically figured it out. It's not that unusual, as I said in the corporate world it's used regularly. Of course I am no expert. Just a thought. :)

Reactions: BootyEyes
I finally worked my way up from 800 to 3044 thanks to 1 regular tipper who tipped me shitloads
He went into a relationship and decided not to go on mfc anymore :( I understand though
I'm scared to death my score will drop lots and lots from now on

Also there was this girl I saw today on MFC but i forgot her name!
She was new signed up on december 29th and she has a score over 4000 im like what the ?
That made me jealous :lol:

PixieDust_ said:
I finally worked my way up from 800 to 3044 thanks to 1 regular tipper who tipped me shitloads
He went into a relationship and decided not to go on mfc anymore :( I understand though
I'm scared to death my score will drop lots and lots from now on

Also there was this girl I saw today on MFC but i forgot her name!
She was new signed up on december 29th and she has a score over 4000 im like what the ?
That made me jealous :lol:

You take that shiny new camscore and you use it! Be excited to meet all the awesome people that may not have seen you before! It is wonderful that one guy helped so much but now it's all up to you to keep it there! I think you'll do great! Just have the most fun you possibly can on cam and people will want to come have fun with you.

Ursavannah said:
Just saw a model. She has new model tag and is american and her camscore is 5884. Anyone think this is legitimately possible?

Yes, I've watched her and she makes about the amount of tokens needed to have that camscore. Tips have been flowing in her room.
The fact that she still has her new model tag and is so high up means it's even easier for her to make those tokens, so many people are clicking on her out of curiosity.

Reactions: Alana Cruise
Everyone is talking about that girl haha She must join the forum! It's not that awesome.. Well, it's awesome but I mean, a lot of girls get a 3000 camscore (for example) in her first weeks or month, this girls has been more lucky. And she is very VERY cute. Good for her!

Today her topic is "1000000000 tokens to see my cat do a back flip". Yesterday it was something like "1000000000 tokens to see me eat a burger". No kidding.

i think shes a cute girl she seems super sweet and obviously has fans. ive seen her get tips and do a lot of groups so it's not like she's scamming people out of their tokens. a lot of girls have had their camscore skyrocket during their 1st week (although it does go back down a bit once the new model tag is gone) i dont think see why people are complaining about her.. or going to her room and being rude to her about her camscore like ive seen some models do, bitching at her isnt going to raise your camscore or make you fans. :twocents-02cents:

IsabelleTease said:
i dont think see why people are complaining about her.. or going to her room and being rude to her about her camscore like ive seen some models do, bitching at her isnt going to raise your camscore or make you fans. :twocents-02cents:

Seriously. People need to calm down about this.

I did MFC mail Tessa and she's SUPER sweet.
I heard her mention wanting to talk to other models so I let her know about the forums, hopefully she joins.
I personally think she's cute as a button, I don't get some of the hate either.
She's non-nude and her topics generally are silly. I think it's cute. :thumbleft:

Reactions: joblo and JulieKate
Is it possible that some of these "new" girls have cammed on other sites, made an account on MFC, and had their regulars from their old site off-line tip to get these scores?

I saw one model with a similar strategy. She has been on MFC for over a year and had a decent cam score (2800 ish). She made a new account, but when she was online with her new account, told all her guys to tip her old account. She let the new account's cam score tank, while her main account's score went up 1300 points to 4100ish in less than 30 days. I was surprised MFC allowed her shenanigans.

I dont think there is hate. It is just frustrating to see someone get such a high score so easily. jealousy really. For me I feel like I have to work so hard to barely keep 1900 but some girls just have the magic i guess.

I was thinking about it. MFC says ignore camscore and I kept thinking score is how you get people in your room but now i am thinking once you have regulars score shouldn't matter right? I mean I saw a top model on at an off schedule time and noone was really tipping. I'm guessing all the real tips come from regulars not random guys who pop in.

What do you girls who have been doing this a while think?

Ursavannah said:
I dont think there is hate. It is just frustrating to see someone get such a high score so easily. jealousy really. For me I feel like I have to work so hard to barely keep 1900 but some girls just have the magic i guess.
Exactly. Why would anyone hate on her, apparently she's doing something right :) But I can't say I'm not jealous. Especially upon hearing that she's non-nude :shock: Then again, it's not like I ever really worked hard for my camscore, so I should probably shut up. ^^

Ursavannah said:

I was thinking about it. MFC says ignore camscore and I kept thinking score is how you get people in your room but now i am thinking once you have regulars score shouldn't matter right? I mean I saw a top model on at an off schedule time and noone was really tipping. I'm guessing all the real tips come from regulars not random guys who pop in.

What do you girls who have been doing this a while think?

Just because MFC says to ignore camscore doesn't really mean that they want you to ignore it. It's marketing, and it's really brilliant if you think about it. Even after you have regulars, shouldn't you be using your camscore to attract more regulars?

If MFC wanted people to ignore camscore, they'd not publish it whilst still using it to order the home page.
They want you to obsess because you work harder to earn them more :thumbleft:

Just sayin :whistle:

I don't really get the jealousy, but I do. I don't get why some models with these TERRIBLE webcams end up with such a high camscore, but if people want to tip then who am I to complain?

I don't get why people tip the models that just sit around and never talk to anyone, and then they end up with these massive camscores and the model is just a cunt, but they do.

I think it is pointless to sit there and get mad at the model because she has the ability to get her camscore that high.

This isn't a hard job, people. It's emotionally draining, sometimes it hurts physically (my vagina gets sore, yo). But this isn't a hard job, it is just knowing what goals you should set, how long you should wait if the goal hasn't been met, how you proceed with the shows when no one is tipping, the hours you get online, and how to effectively work the room.

The jealousy and hate makes you look evil and bitter and downright nasty. No one wants to go watch a girl that has been bitching about legitimate models. Even when you bitch about models that intentionally inflate their camscores there's nothing YOU can do, so it is pointless. It makes you look obsessive.

If you spend so much time worrying about what EVERY other model is doing then that means you are ignoring the people that like YOU. That means they aren't "special" to you and that you aren't grateful (at least in my eyes).

Focus on your own damn room and quit bitching about other model's rooms. Sit back, take notes, and do the damn thang.

ohmystarz said:
The jealousy and hate makes you look evil and bitter and downright nasty.
I think being a bit jealous is perfectly normal when someone has such great success. When I say I'm jealous, that doesn't mean I have any negative feelings towards her - but I'm thinking, "wow, that's pretty admirable that she made it so far in such a short time, I wish my camscore was 7000, too." That is all. You can be jealous of someone without disliking them, or believing that they don't deserve what they got. I was jealous of my cousin when she got her new phone but she's still one of my best friends. :)
Maybe I don't understand the meaning of the word jealous. >_<

MadisonLeigh said:
I find it motivating to see other models do really well. I guess I am not a jealous or competitive person. Get inspired by other models and then use that energy to kick ass when you're online. Negativity is just gonna bring you down.

I want to have your babies.

Reactions: MadisonLeigh
CammiStar said:
LilyMarie said:
ohmystarz said:
The jealousy and hate makes you look evil and bitter and downright nasty.
I think being a bit jealous is perfectly normal when someone has such great success. When I say I'm jealous, that doesn't mean I have any negative feelings towards her - but I'm thinking, "wow, that's pretty admirable that she made it so far in such a short time, I wish my camscore was 7000, too." That is all. You can be jealous of someone without disliking them, or believing that they don't deserve what they got. I was jealous of my cousin when she got her new phone but she's still one of my best friends. :)
Maybe I don't understand the meaning of the word jealous. >_<

It sounds like you are more envious than jealous. It doesn't have to be a negative feeling if you are genuinely happy for someones success and just envious of it.

Can be confused:  envy, jealousy (see synonym note at the current entry ).

Synonyms
1. enviousness. Envy and jealousy are very close in meaning. Envy denotes a longing to possess something awarded to or achieved by another: to feel envy when a friend inherits a fortune. Jealousy, on the other hand, denotes a feeling of resentment that another has gained something that one more rightfully deserves: to feel jealousy when a coworker receives a promotion.

Ah, I see. Then envious is definitely the right word here. I was thinking about it at first, but for some reason it sounded even worse in my head than 'jealous' ^^ Thanks for explaining / copy and pasting :)

I was under the impression that ratings did not affect a model's camsore, but just came across this today:

CamScore uses the model's rating as well as how many tokens she has earned plus other factors to determine where she is listed on the homepage.
http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/static/faq.html#rating

I wonder if that's derived from the pvt/token rating or the model's profile rating? :think:

Bocefish said:
I was under the impression that ratings did not affect a model's camsore, but just came across this today:

CamScore uses the model's rating as well as how many tokens she has earned plus other factors to determine where she is listed on the homepage.
http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/static/faq.html#rating

I wonder if that's derived from the pvt/token rating or the model's profile rating? :think:
I'm sure "the model's rating" means the rating on the profile.

Crap. That means no more pissing people off by banning them. I always have a bad feeling when I ban someone because I'm pretty sure they'll go straight to my profile to rate me 1* but now that I know the rating does affect my camscore, I won't ban trolls so fast anymore.

I'm more inclined to think it has to do more with the tip and private rating rather than the profile rating/admiring from the entire explanation in quotes. Banning people in no way hurts your camscore

Question: What is CamScore and Model Rating?
After reasonably long private sessions, members are asked to rate their level of satisfaction with the performance on a scale from 0 to 10. The current etiquette on the site is to rate the model a 10 unless you are unhappy in which case you can rate her anything you want. Tips of sufficient size can also be "rated" a 10.

In another area it says members can't hurt your camscore, so it's confusing in regards to the ratings being calculated into camscores.

Status
Not open for further replies.