AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

AedanRayne broke her Laptop while doing an Oil Show on MFC:(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AedanRayne broke her Laptop while doing an Oil Show on M

FifthElephant said:
Data you don't back up is data you don't care about.

My external crashed. I lost a lot...

(this was a few years back)

I have this bad habit of losing/breaking the backup right before my computer crashes. Happened all the damn time with my music too.

Pictures, music, documents, and some odds and ends that I don't want to lose (music because of the pain of reacquiring it all) I have stored on my external drive and my drive here. In fact, the music is also on my computer at work for use there but it also acts as a third backup for that which is cool. I also happen to have a program that will recover data from corrupted partitions and such. Even had decent luck recovering stuff from a dying drive once (at work). I was informed by the student that several of the pictures and music files were broken (corrupted) but that most of it was there.

Do you know yet what is broken on the laptop and how much the repair will cost?

You MFC models and the ways you've (collectively) managed to break computers. We could write a book of the stories. >_>

The best way to backup your most important stuff is to do it off-site on a server. You can get 2GB for free at dropbox.com or unlimited space at carbonite.com for about $55 per year. If you ever lost a private photo collection you will agree that it is worth it.

I use a Seagate FreeAgent GO 320GB its awesome for me I didnt realize you needed to back ur shit up till mine died from oil too (kind of funny) but its got muvee software too on it I think its worth the cash im about to loose this laptop from water damge to lol so its a must to back it up but there is online stuff too but i like this better then storing on the web sry about your luck dear trust me i've been in your shoes its not fun :(

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Seagate-FreeA ... /14691664h.

Attachments

• 49.png
    49.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 178

They told me that my ol' friend lappy's motherboard was completely shot. The quote to repair it was $600 minimum. So, I decided to get a Best Buy credit card and purchase a new laptop for $700. I will be back on MFC TONIGHT! Oh boy! I've been going crazy without talking to my MFC buddies. At least I have these forums to keep the insanity at bay. ;)

AedanRayne said:
They told me that my ol' friend lappy's motherboard was completely shot. The quote to repair it was $600 minimum. So, I decided to get a Best Buy credit card and purchase a new laptop for $700. I will be back on MFC TONIGHT! Oh boy! I've been going crazy without talking to my MFC buddies. At least I have these forums to keep the insanity at bay. ;)

I was afraid, based on accounts of what happened , that the motherboard would indeed be the issue. $600 is pretty insane though. I would think $300 would cover the parts... so another $300 in labor? I mean... it would take a few hours probably but damn. I have to imagine they were going to replace a few other things just to be on the safe side for that much money. Glad you got it worked out. Hopefully you'll have a few good nights to help pay it off early. :)

AngelaSommers said:
I am 4 months new to MFC and take my laptop in to the bath all the time, it is very helpful to know there is a washable keyboard out there!just in case. had no clue! thank you! :clap:

Ha Angela, and now you wonder why I say don't touch your keyboard while doing the Hershey Syrup shows. Below is a link I am posting of a variety of keyboards that are waterproof, foldable and or wireless. I have known about how you can put your keyboards in the dishwasher for years, however we didn't have a dishwasher at the time so it was completely useless to me LOL

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=6 ... 513&_pgn=1

Status
Not open for further replies.