AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

About room's positioning

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Sep 18, 2024
Hello people, there's a question i need to make, i hope there's someone here that knows enough about ChaturBate to give me the answer i need. Let me put you in context first:

I mod for a model wich i have a really good friendship now too. She was streaming as normal today and i saw her going down suddenly. When i asked her if she was ok, she told me that someone gave her a thumb down with a really dumb reason, and she was pissed off because "He was throwing down all her week's work because of that dumb thing". She told me that thumbs down affect negatively to the rooms positioning.

So here's my question. Do they? I doubted it, her balance is really good, 3 thumbs down against 385 thumbs up, literally the percentage doesn't count those 3 and keeps in a 100% positive, so that should be good for the room, doesn't it? In fact, i wanna know if the likes and dislikes affect the positioning at all. I know well that since january/february, the main factor for positioning is the ammount of green, purple and dark blue users in the room, as well as the ammount of tokens spent in the stream, as well as how many users have tokens in their accounts and how many don't, and the ammounts of tokens of those who do own them. That's something i know for sure, but since she was so convinced on the like/dislike thing... she got so affected and i feel in the need to clarify how serious this could really be.

Thanks and cheers.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Solution
Ratings have absolutely zero weight in rank. All it does is create a threshold of good/bad votes. If her percentage falls below a certain amount, users will get a warning asking if they want to tip the model because they have bad ratings. Most people ignore that and tip anyone. Some of the top models on the site have the most thumbs down I've ever seen on any room. Well, used to see. Now they all hide their ratings for that reason.
I don’t know the answer to this, but I think it’s sweet of you to ask it here so you can get reassurance for your friend. :)

Upvote 0
Ratings have absolutely zero weight in rank. All it does is create a threshold of good/bad votes. If her percentage falls below a certain amount, users will get a warning asking if they want to tip the model because they have bad ratings. Most people ignore that and tip anyone. Some of the top models on the site have the most thumbs down I've ever seen on any room. Well, used to see. Now they all hide their ratings for that reason.

Upvote 0
Solution