AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Your crew (do you delegate responsibilities to regulars?)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Your crew (do you delegate responsibilities to regulars?

Serious question now. I have a member that do the counting for me, because he once said that was really boring that i had to stop and change topic in the middle of my show everytime.

Since i didnt know about this sense of independence, i said it was okay, and he always do the math for me and post in room everytime i have a new tip. How bad is it? I never asked to the other members if it was OK or not, its a little help anyhow and i was really liking it. I like the room to feel more like "our" than "my". Everybody can contribute and help, but maybe its because i'm really newbie on this. There is also a member that use that banner-emoticon "tip her"or something like that, and i didnt like it since it started. It may scare new people.

What's your opinion about this and how much is this annoying to see? I'm really looking to improve my room, and this was something i never notice until this topic.

Gween said:
Serious question now. I have a member that do the counting for me, because he once said that was really boring that i had to stop and change topic in the middle of my show everytime.

Since i didnt know about this sense of independence, i said it was okay, and he always do the math for me and post in room everytime i have a new tip. How bad is it? I never asked to the other members if it was OK or not, its a little help anyhow and i was really liking it. I like the room to feel more like "our" than "my". Everybody can contribute and help, but maybe its because i'm really newbie on this. There is also a member that use that banner-emoticon "tip her"or something like that, and i didnt like it since it started. It may scare new people.

What's your opinion about this and how much is this annoying to see? I'm really looking to improve my room, and this was something i never notice until this topic.

A member keeping count of your tokens during a countdown isn't likely to annoy anyone, and so long as he doesn't mind doing it and you trust him to keep count and not bodge anything, I see no harm there. A member asking others to tip absolutely will piss people off though and is far more likely to convince people not to tip than it is to convince anyone to open up their wallet. So just make sure he's not asking folk to tip and you should be fine, innit :thumbleft:

I have a guy who helps me countdown purely because I quite often forget to change it in the midst of having my boobs out. They're usually the guys that keep my room buzzing with chat too, so I appreciate it. Occasionally they'll broadcast my bra size when I've had a dozen people ask me and they'll pass out my MGF name if other members are asking because it saves me pausing to type. I don't think I'd like them answering every question that comes my way on my behalf though, I think I'd tell them off if they did lol.

That's really about as much help as I get. Although atm I don't do a great deal of admin so managing on my own isn't a big deal.

Reactions: WickedTouch

I think it has been mentioned, but... Isn't there some sort of external app you might install... Some browser plugin or something, that once seriously tested by you, you could use to do the countdown? Doesn't MFC have in your admin UI some kind of utility for this? If not, quite something to suggest to the MFC owners... A tokens counter per session, or better from a given specific time.

Hum..There's this thing that allows to put in Firefox (and maybe other browsers) some javascript so that you can customize what you see in a browser page.. Even feed data there... There are already scripts made for it for MFC, chaturbate... Have never tried, but maybe some already made script might hep you. But should pick the data from what you really receive, as there are many funny guys putting the same visual result as when a tip is done, but being just a graphic.

https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/a ... asemonkey/

Hey!

It seems there is one script for this plugin, already made to count the tips...
MFC Assistant. (I think you need to install first GreaseMonkey, then this script for it )

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/169415

Please, I really apologize if it has been mentioned already... :oops:

Reactions: GweenBlack

If I remember correctly MFC assist only works from the members site? Am I right there?... I dunno.

We have a total tokens counter right on our page. I don't let people keep track of the count for me but in the past couple of years, maybe one member who has come in and started doing it himself actually had it right. For me and my perfectionist OCD brain, it is just best I do it myself.
I have an exact total goal that I base all of my countdowns on. If I go over, awesome! but if I end my countdown even 10 tokens under where I should have been due to error I don't think I could concentrate enough to cum! :lol:

Plus, I dunno, 98% of the time it's just some rando member I don't even know looking for a guilt aleveator for not tipping.
Of course this would be different if I actually asked for help I'm sure.

but if I end my countdown even 10 tokens under where I should have been due to error I don't think I could concentrate enough to cum! :lol:

:-D :-D :-D

I totally agree... If I were a model, I doubt I'd let (trust) anyone count it. (But I understand in some complex situations might be better than nothing...Myself, I would let that be only some rare exceptions... )

ILikeUonTop said:
Jessi said:
If members start trying to answer questions for me and scolding people I find it EXTREMELY over-stepping-of-bounds.

I can say that this is one of the most annoying things I see. I'm talking to a model or asking her questions (not already answered on her profile) and a member tries to answer for her. News flash, I'm not here for you random perv. :lol: I rank these people up there with the guy that keeps telling the room to "Tip this beautiful woman" or posting emotes about how Tips are the best compliment, when they have not tipped at all.

I prefer a room where the model is in control and lets the people watching her know that she can handle her own business.

If you ask a question in free chat, the anyone in free chat is free to answer it. If you want only the model to see it, either PM her or ask it in a tip note.

Reactions: Shaun__

ComicOzzie said:
ILikeUonTop said:
Jessi said:
If members start trying to answer questions for me and scolding people I find it EXTREMELY over-stepping-of-bounds.

I can say that this is one of the most annoying things I see. I'm talking to a model or asking her questions (not already answered on her profile) and a member tries to answer for her. News flash, I'm not here for you random perv. :lol: I rank these people up there with the guy that keeps telling the room to "Tip this beautiful woman" or posting emotes about how Tips are the best compliment, when they have not tipped at all.

I prefer a room where the model is in control and lets the people watching her know that she can handle her own business.

If you ask a question in free chat, the anyone in free chat is free to answer it. If you want only the model to see it, either PM her or ask it in a tip note.
I disagree. Most people are there to chat with the model. Asking questions is one way they have of breaking the ice and opening up a conversation. If other members constantly pipe up and answer everything there's one less reason to stay in that room. When I first go into a room I'm not there to meet and chat with other members. Maybe once i've been there awhile and know who's who and get to know them too. But until then I'd rather they didn't answer questions I asked of the lady.

They may think they're being helpful, but they are doing nothing but hurting the models chances of getting more new people to stay and get to know her better.

ComicOzzie said:
ILikeUonTop said:
Jessi said:

I feel like guys shut me down a bit when they answer questions about me from new guys on my behalf because all I can really add is "er.. yeah what he said". Even if I'm answering the same question a few times a night I'd rather do that and look like I'm keeping up with who's in my room and what they want to be talking about, and that I'm willing to chat without having a secretary do the talking for me.

I guess that would depend on the girl and what the show is though, really.

It's interesting to hear the models' opinion on this...

Still, I think there's one case it might be helpful to answer. IE, a member has made a question several times. Maybe not enough to be annoying. And you are realizing that is a premium leaving because a) The model is gone to pick something or whatever, b) She's extremely busy c) whatever, but not while being her attending effectively the room. So, you feel the guy is tired after asking twice or three times some specific thing he wants to know to decide if he stays. I guess... Then it is ok to drop a fast answer with the info, once you are really sure the model wont be able to answer in minutes. After all, the man then might stay, and it's a +1 premium that might give x tokens during months or for ever...

I recon I have answered this kind of things, although it's been rare cases. And even less frequently, some premium have asked me by pvt about a model, usually again, when the model was in a pvt, or simply away, in the kitchen, etc. I have kindly answered, thought myself that why not...Still, one needs to be there accurate saying more or less literally what she'd have said before, not add noise to that info.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot

JJasione said:
ComicOzzie said:
ILikeUonTop said:
Jessi said:

I feel like guys shut me down a bit when they answer questions about me from new guys on my behalf because all I can really add is "er.. yeah what he said". Even if I'm answering the same question a few times a night I'd rather do that and look like I'm keeping up with who's in my room and what they want to be talking about, and that I'm willing to chat without having a secretary do the talking for me.

I guess that would depend on the girl and what the show is though, really.
Big agree! Unless the model is off cam or in another question answering debilitating position, it can really give off the wrong impression when members are answering questions for the model. Now I'm talking about when a model is fully capable of answering herself, it sends out a message to the entire room that this model is not in charge of things and members run barter town! :lol:
That can encourage bad behavior from some newbies and can just scare of other newbies, even if this isn't actually the case.
If I run to the bathroom, or in the middle of a show someone asks a question about my website, or the SLF than by all means! I really appreciate that my friends are so welcoming and informative to new members especially when I can't help at that moment.

Hahahaha cams are complicated! Obviously something so simple as members answering question is anything but simple. :lol:

"if you have a request, tip!" in response to beggers in my room is a big no, no. This is just an example of why it's important to make sure you know what the model is comfortable with before getting involved in running the room in any way.
I get this all the time, especially during cum shows, but I don't take requests even with tips. I'm performing a certain show trying to have an orgasm... please don't tell the guy who just asked for anal to tip. If I wanted to do Anal I would be doing anal!
If they do follow through with a tip that I shut down, feelings are gonna be hurt.

JoleneBrody said:
If I remember correctly MFC assist only works from the members site? Am I right there?... I dunno.
You are correct. The user script works with the member interface, not the model's. MFCCountdown will work for a model that doesn't have her own location blocked. I have a fix for models that block in mind, but its one of those, when I get around to it type things.

Reactions: JoleneBrody

Kradek said:
JoleneBrody said:
You are correct. The user script works with the member interface, not the model's. MFCCountdown will work for a model that doesn't have her own location blocked. I have a fix for models that block in mind, but its one of those, when I get around to it type things.
I've been told numerous times while working out bugs in the Model Web Broadcaster that a model having an additional window open with her logged in to the homepage causes issues with her MWB connection.

I wouldn't recommend girls do that.

AmberCutie said:
Kradek said:
JoleneBrody said:
I've been told numerous times while working out bugs in the Model Web Broadcaster that a model having an additional window open with her logged in to the homepage causes issues with her MWB connection.

You're not required to log in. MFCCountdown currently logs in to the room as a guest. My thought to get around blocking would be to create a separate account that could be friended so it had access to the room, not the model's account.

Are the problems you mention specific to being logged in on the same account? Does it apply to being logged in from other devices like a pad or phone?

Kradek said:
AmberCutie said:
Kradek said:
JoleneBrody said:

You're not required to log in. MFCCountdown currently logs in to the room as a guest. My thought to get around blocking would be to create a separate account that could be friended so it had access to the room, not the model's account.

Are the problems you mention specific to being logged in on the same account? Does it apply to being logged in from other devices like a pad or phone?
I'm betting a lot of girls are automatically logged in to MFC home page if they're using the same browser as their MWB, though. I doubt they'll think about it.

I believe the problem is specifically being logged in twice on the model account at the same time, regardless of the device.

Reactions: Kradek

AmberCutie said:
I'm betting a lot of girls are automatically logged in to MFC home page if they're using the same browser as their MWB, though. I doubt they'll think about it.

I believe the problem is specifically being logged in twice on the model account at the same time, regardless of the device.
It doesn't use the home page or any locally stored credentials; it connects directly to the chat server as guest. I don't want to push it as a real solution for models (I should have said "should work" instead of "will work" for non blocking models) until I've had a chance to address the blocking issue and do some extensive testing with a model.

MFC Countdown has been working well for my favorite model and her counters (Gasp!!! She lets people count for her!!!) for months now...The only drawback is that ninja tips are not counted. She also has some of us promote her video deals when her hands are busy during a cum show. We don't consider it extra work and are happy to help her out. we answer some questions and we, in some small part, deal with some trolls, although she is perfectly capable of doing it herself and does do it most of the time.We police yellow walls and ask for tips for a request. She is very independent and successful, finishing in the top 40 three of the last four months, including a high of 22. I'm surprised how many models feel like they don't want ANY help and are Miss Independant, but whatever works for you. Just trying to give a viewpoint that seemed to be a minority in this thread.

snolyn4 said:
MFC Countdown has been working well for my favorite model and her counters (Gasp!!! She lets people count for her!!!) for months now...The only drawback is that ninja tips are not counted. She also has some of us promote her video deals when her hands are busy during a cum show. We don't consider it extra work and are happy to help her out. we answer some questions and we, in some small part, deal with some trolls, although she is perfectly capable of doing it herself and does do it most of the time.We police yellow walls and ask for tips for a request. She is very independent and successful, finishing in the top 40 three of the last four months, including a high of 22. I'm surprised how many models feel like they don't want ANY help and are Miss Independant, but whatever works for you. Just trying to give a viewpoint that seemed to be a minority in this thread.

Her room already sounds annoying.

JerryBoBerry said:
snolyn4 said:

Far from it..she rarely gets trolls, but if you are going to troll her room, prepare to get trolled and banned. But you sure are witty

snolyn4 said:
JerryBoBerry said:
snolyn4 said:

Far from it..she rarely gets trolls, but if you are going to troll her room, prepare to get trolled and banned. But you sure are witty
Don't take offense. I didn't say she was annoying. I said her room, in other words, people like you. Probably the reason I'm not a regular in there now. The annoying attitude you described in your post would make me want to leave right away.

Reactions: MemberEd

JerryBoBerry said:
snolyn4 said:
JerryBoBerry said:
snolyn4 said:

Don't take offense. I didn't say she was annoying. I said her room, in other words, people like you. Probably the reason I'm not a regular in there now. The annoying attitude you described in your post would make me want to leave right away.

I did take offense, but upon further reading , you are the poster that doesnt like to interact with the users, just the model, so Ya you wouldnt like our input. Different strokes I guess.

JerryBoBerry said:
snolyn4 said:

Thanks! That's actually my room he's talking about. Come check my room out sometime and see for yourself. :dance:

Reactions: JerryBoBerry

KittyPurrz said:
Thanks! That's actually my room he's talking about. Come check my room out sometime and see for yourself. :dance:
Truth be told I have been in your room on many occasions and for rather extended periods. You've been on my friends list for some time now. I like your karaoke.

I may have put a few other people in the room on ignore so I haven't noticed the previous mentioned items as bad whilst there. :whistle:

Man, I do EVERYTHING by myself. I'm too much of a control freak I guess.

When people tell me where my countdown is at, I double check on my calculator anyways.
When people offer to help with my profile, it just makes me sad, because I write out all of the HTML coding from scratch, and I actually like how it looks.
When people want to trade promotion for videos, I always turn them down.

Now one thing I dream someone would do for me is edit my videos. I wish I had someone to send all my raw footage to that would edit it into nice, steamlined 30 minutes to 1 hour long videos. Because that shit is tedious. And because it's tedious no one wants to do it. It's like "hey you can have ALL of my content if you just spend your life cutting it up in Premeire Pro for me!" Haha. I wish.

You can cut it too in Virtual Dub (which is free), or Sony Vegas (which is cheap :) ).
And yes, that is a tedious task. :mrgreen: Been doing it for long. (nothing sex related)

Finebrush said:
You can cut it too in Virtual Dub (which is free), or Sony Vegas (which is cheap :) ).
And yes, that is a tedious task. :mrgreen: Been doing it for long. (nothing sex related)

I actually prefer OpenShot. The easiest one IMO. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.