AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

wow question board...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2010
recently i have been introduced to world of warcraft and i totally love it!
just have questions popping in my mind that i cant find.. and what easier way then to ask you wow players...
i'm sure i'll be adding alot more questions allong the way...
thanks for answering them in advance...

- i'm a nightelf-hunter, but how do i get a new pet? i do have the beast thing to get one but when i attack one i want and do it.. it says i allready have a summon? what does that mean?

- can i add trial player while i'm a full player to my friendslist?

- what is a guil exactly? and why would i join one? and which one should i join?

- if i die i loose power of my armor, is there any way to regain it or do i have to replace the armor?

- i trained my hunter, but the new attacks dont show up at that attack tab? if i right click it.. it just says "i cant attack that"" does this mean its just a thing i cant use in battle?

- ive seen this "mail" "leather" and all thing.. but does it mean that i cant use some armor things per caracter or does it mean i got to have a higher level?

hehe thats about all i'm wondering about right now..'
thanks,

love Tasha

TashaTypical said:
- i'm a nightelf-hunter, but how do i get a new pet? i do have the beast thing to get one but when i attack one i want and do it.. it says i allready have a summon? what does that mean?
You have to abandon your current pet completely or put it in the stables at a stable master before you can tame a new pet.

TashaTypical said:
- can i add trial player while i'm a full player to my friendslist?
Yes... and if things for the EU servers are like they are for the US servers, if you recruited that friend your accounts become "linked" for a few months giving you added benefits to help with grouping together.

TashaTypical said:
- what is a guil exactly? and why would i join one? and which one should i join?
A guild is a group of people that have a special chat channel where they can talk. Most have banks where they can share items. There are different levels of guilds from the purely social to the serious raiding guilds. Most social guilds are basically there to chat and maybe do 5 man dungeons. As to which one, you'll want one that fits what you want from the game. You can even make your own guild if you wanted.

TashaTypical said:
- if i die i loose power of my armor, is there any way to regain it or do i have to replace the armor?
You lose durability on your armor when you die and as you take damage. Many vendors in the game can repair damaged or broken armor. When you mouse over one of them, your cursor will become an anvil.

TashaTypical said:
- i trained my hunter, but the new attacks dont show up at that attack tab? if i right click it.. it just says "i cant attack that"" does this mean its just a thing i cant use in battle?
I'm not completely sure what you're referring to here to be honest.

TashaTypical said:
- ive seen this "mail" "leather" and all thing.. but does it mean that i cant use some armor things per caracter or does it mean i got to have a higher level?
Mages, Priests, and Warlocks can only wear Cloth.
Rogues and Druids can only wear Leather.
Hunters and Shaman can wear Leather up to 40 then at 40 can learn Mail.
Warriors and Paladins can wear Mail up to 40 then at 40 can learn Plate.
Death Knights wear Plate.
Any class can wear the armor types below its max type.

I'll help where I can:

A guild is a group of other players that you can converse with at any time, they can help with quests, dungeons, items. Basically being in a guild just makes things easier than doing it on your own and looking for help from complete strangers where you dont know how stupid they are.

Your armor will lose durability over time, quicker if you die. If its red that means whatever stats were on the item are at 0. To fix this you need to find someone that will repair the item, you can find this out by asking a guard.

Mail, Leather, Plate, Cloth are all class related and also depend on your level though I don't know if there are any changes. Last I remember, Shaman and Hunters have to wear leather until level 40 and then they can wear mail and Warriors and Paladins have to wear mail before they can wear plate with deathknights. Rogues and druids stuck at leather, warlocks mages and priests are at cloth.

There should be what looks to be a book at the middle bottom of your screen that will show your general abilities, go through that and find your class spells/abilities (I forget the name exactly) every time you learn new abilities and you can drag it into your taskbar.

SweepTheLeg said:
There should be what looks to be a book at the middle bottom of your screen that will show your general abilities, go through that and find your class spells/abilities (I forget the name exactly) every time you learn new abilities and you can drag it into your taskbar.

Also are you using your Talents? When you level you get more points so you can classify yourself or balance your character one way or another.. it's easy to overlook if you're new :)

Mirra said:
You have to abandon your current pet completely or put it in the stables at a stable master before you can tame a new pet.

Yes... and if things for the EU servers are like they are for the US servers, if you recruited that friend your accounts become "linked" for a few months giving you added benefits to help with grouping together.

A guild is a group of people that have a special chat channel where they can talk. Most have banks where they can share items. There are different levels of guilds from the purely social to the serious raiding guilds. Most social guilds are basically there to chat and maybe do 5 man dungeons. As to which one, you'll want one that fits what you want from the game. You can even make your own guild if you wanted.

You lose durability on your armor when you die and as you take damage. Many vendors in the game can repair damaged or broken armor. When you mouse over one of them, your cursor will become an anvil.

I'm not completely sure what you're referring to here to be honest.

Mages, Priests, and Warlocks can only wear Cloth.
Rogues and Druids can only wear Leather.
Hunters and Shaman can wear Leather up to 40 then at 40 can learn Mail.
Warriors and Paladins can wear Mail up to 40 then at 40 can learn Plate.
Death Knights wear Plate.
Any class can wear the armor types below its max type.

thank you so much that really helped me alot.. i thought i better ask then spend ages to find out.. for sonme reason the battlenet page confuses the fuck outta me...
i just got stuck with the adding the friend.. tries both username and email.. but my friend never got my reguest.. she plays trial at the moment.. ah well i'll what i can do about that...
thanks alot again!

SweepTheLeg said:
I'll help where I can:

A guild is a group of other players that you can converse with at any time, they can help with quests, dungeons, items. Basically being in a guild just makes things easier than doing it on your own and looking for help from complete strangers where you dont know how stupid they are.

Your armor will lose durability over time, quicker if you die. If its red that means whatever stats were on the item are at 0. To fix this you need to find someone that will repair the item, you can find this out by asking a guard.

Mail, Leather, Plate, Cloth are all class related and also depend on your level though I don't know if there are any changes. Last I remember, Shaman and Hunters have to wear leather until level 40 and then they can wear mail and Warriors and Paladins have to wear mail before they can wear plate with deathknights. Rogues and druids stuck at leather, warlocks mages and priests are at cloth.

wohoo so much help... very happy with that!, yes i opened my spellbook its "p" but for some reason i cant drag the new things into the attack bar.. shall try again tonight.. thanks for your help..

kayceecane said:
SweepTheLeg said:

Also are you using your Talents? When you level you get more points so you can classify yourself or balance your character one way or another.. it's easy to overlook if you're new :)

yep i do! choose beastmastery at first.. allready on level 24 so getting allong.. i do tend to forget about the pet talent points but something will shine anyhow so i will notice it...

hello everyone again ;)... there are a few questions i like to ask...

- i have choosen two professions.. leatherworking and blacksmitthing.. but i cant seem to figure out how to go up..
i purchased a blachsmith hammer.. but what do i use it on to gain experience?

- what are companions good for? i have this tree looking companion but i have no clue what he does or when..

- i have my game set to normal but sometimes in quests it switches to pvp.. why is that?
and what are conguest points?

- what are glyphs? and how do i get them?

- i got coins of antrestry.. it says its soulbound and gives honor.. but can i actually do something with them?

thanks for the help..
love Tasha

While you could do leatherworking and blacksmith if you wanted, it is going to be an incredibly expensive venture because for a blacksmith to level that skill you are going to need to buy ore from those who mine, and pelts of leather from those who skin.

skinning leather working
mining blacksmith/engineering
tailoring and enchanting you can have any 2nd profession you want.

I believe you also need mining for jewel crafting, and I forget what 2nd profession I needed for my inscriptionist so someone else will answer that for me.

glyphs are made by inscriptionists, either bought from them specifically or in the auction house that give certain talents and abilities of yours a bonus both minor and major talents go to the auction house and scroll through glyphs for a hunter and know what talents you have and see what would be most beneficial.

other questions- i haven't played in forever and others need to help you other than I think the tree is just a pet that will only follow you around and be cute. And the coin that gives you honor is used so you can buy pvp gear and just pvp gear with that.

SweepTheLeg said:
While you could do leatherworking and blacksmith if you wanted, it is going to be an incredibly expensive venture because for a blacksmith to level that skill you are going to need to buy ore from those who mine, and pelts of leather from those who skin.

skinning leather working
mining blacksmith/engineering
tailoring and enchanting you can have any 2nd profession you want.

I believe you also need mining for jewel crafting, and I forget what 2nd profession I needed for my inscriptionist so someone else will answer that for me.

glyphs are made by inscriptionists, either bought from them specifically or in the auction house that give certain talents and abilities of yours a bonus both minor and major talents go to the auction house and scroll through glyphs for a hunter and know what talents you have and see what would be most beneficial.

other questions- i haven't played in forever and others need to help you other than I think the tree is just a pet that will only follow you around and be cute. And the coin that gives you honor is used so you can buy pvp gear and just pvp gear with that.

aah thanks again! helped me alot.. so i'm screwed with this character? since i assume i cant change professions.. :(
i did see the jewel rocks.. and when i click em it indeed says: reguires mining..
but there is also herbalism.. and another thing.. lol it can get very confusing..
i guess in time i will learn.. wanna make another character to try out other things anyway
i checked the glyphs thing.. and i understand what it does.. and i think i need some magic powder for it..
lol so my thoughts about the companion were right.. ah well he is kinda cute.. running after me haha

thanks!

you can unlearn professions at any time so fear not. I forget how, ask a guard should help, or just google World of warcraft+unlearn profession and you should be set. I made the same mistake when I first started playing WOW. My friends would say "We're not going to help you because we had to learn on our own too"

SweepTheLeg said:
you can unlearn professions at any time so fear not. I forget how, ask a guard should help, or just google World of warcraft+unlearn profession and you should be set. I made the same mistake when I first started playing WOW. My friends would say "We're not going to help you because we had to learn on our own too"

There's a little symbol next to the name of the profession on your skills tab. Click that and you can abandon a profession. Unless you really have your heart set on crafting your own stuff, I'd suggest sticking with gathering professions. You can always power-level a craft later on once you have a whole pile of money and know what you want to do with your character.

Those darn coins of ancestry will sit in your bank forever, they are useless other than getting achievements as far as I know thus far. They are from doing quests during the Lunar Festival seasonal event.

Doing 2 crafting professions at a time is going to be pretty pricey. One of my high toons does 2 collection profs (skinning/herbalism) just to get and sell for gold in the auction house. My other toon does 2 crafting (tailoring/enchanting) and I end up using the gold I get from the collector to buy any items I can't farm.

Tailoring/enchanting sort of go together well since you can disenchant your green/blue items you create as a tailor and sell that to support your tailoring. But they are both crafting professions, so at some point you'll end up spending gold to level them as you can't possibly farm all the mats you need.

Herbalism + inscription *or* alchemy go together so you can pick flowers for the crafting prof.

Skinning/leatherworking so you may skin your own leather to craft.

Mining + Blacksmithing *or* Jewelcrafting so you can mine your own ore (blacksmithing AND jewel crafting both need ore) and gems (jewelcrafting).

So if you keep your leatherworking/blacksmithing combo, you need to buy the materials in the auction house or from friends, then fulfill the recipes you learn from your trainer.

Non-combat pets are just that... pets who hang out with you and "look cute" as Sweep said. :)

Glyphs are found in the auction house, or from an inscriptionist. Use the search function in the AH to your advantage.

You get flagged for PvP if you fight something that's marked as PvP (a guard or member of the opposing faction) or if you fight a flagged player. Normally it lasts for 5 minutes as long as you don't continue fighting.

I'm kinda sleepy so I hope that made sense!

aaah soo much information! thank you guys!! that should help me with the little things..
i thought i read something about only beeing able to choose your profession once.. so didnt even look further (blonde)
that made alot of sense amberrr ;) thank you sweetheart.. going to play it soon and leave this topic open so i can check it while playing..
i know there are wow forums .. but for some reason i feel more comfortable right here.. must be amber :love4:

you all helped me alot! thank you again!

love Tasha

I believe Amber and Sweep mostly covered everything though I will add that Coins of Ancestry aren't completely useless... just mostly useless. You can use them as currency for items sold by a Lunar Festival vendor in Moonglade. Most of what it gets you is pretty worthless though. :p

I'll also add that engineers typically also get mining since it appears once again those silly engineers have been forgotten.

There are two other possible causes for you becoming flagged for PvP beyond what's been mentioned. One is if you venture into a town of the opposing faction for too long. If you go inside their inn I believe it is instant but even just standing in the town for a few minutes has caused my characters to flag before. You sometimes also run into PvP Quests. In the quest descriptions for MOST of them it will say that you will remain flagged for PvP while that quest is in your quest log.

There must be a reason I always forget engineering, lol. I don't think I've once used an item from engineering, unless maybe for a quest, and even then I just got it off the AH. I always hear how expensive it is to level it, and don't often hear how useful it is.

Same with me and alchemy, I forgot all about that profession.

I suppose it would be wise to have two gathering professions, I always went with the gathering and the profession that went with it.

Rogue is skinning/leather worker
Paladin was an enchanter so I also went Miner with the free slot
Warlock was my herbalist/inscriptionist.

soo still leaves me with the question what to choose for a profession.. lol
i guess this is really a game to try and try... and fail.. and win.. and do it..
i have been mainly focussed on doing quests and leveling up.. maybe if i discovered more of this continent i will see what i can learn from it...
thanks for all the answers.. really glad with all your help!

after all i did find out about all these things i didnt know.. so i'm gonna love learning more everyday
i still love it aloot.. i even get nervous when i didnt play wow for a day.. :oops:

a lot of good choices for hunters just depends what you want more.

I know hunters that are engineers that can craft their own guns. Leatherworker hunters that can craft their own gears, alchemists can make their own health pots and other potions that can give them a certain buff for a certain time, and so forth. basically any profession besides tailoring or blacksmith would be beneficial to a hunter.

Crafting professions in WoW are not about the stuff you can make unless you really have a thing for making items, but rather the bonuses you can only get by having the professions. Skinners get a crit bonus, blacksmiths can make an additional socket in their own belts, enchanters can enchant their rings, etc. There are only a couple of professions, namely mining (stamina bonus) and herbalism (free heal over time) that don't help hunters to do what they do best, which is damage dealing, although it could be argued that the stamina bonus could be handy for PvP.

These bonuses are mostly important once you get to max level, and while they can be useful as you level, the cost of leveling them is pretty high for a first character still learning the ropes.

I think after reading that I just remembered what made me need a break from WOW in the first place.

You shoulda heard me in gchat a while back... when it dawned on me why I had taken a... 3 year break from doing PvP in anything more than small doses. I think Amber was close to telling me to just sign off till I cooled down.

I really like Skinning/LWing for Hunter especially if it's your first character. You'll get passive crit level bonuses at 75, 150, 225, 300, 375, 450, and 525 skinning skill. Skinning is insanely easy to level if you pick it up around level 5 but since you're quite a bit past that, you may want to spend a day farming low level mobs for the skill-ups you need. If you do choose to pair LWing with it, you'll end up needing 2-3 times more leather than you'll skin to keep your LWing skill caught up to your Skinning skill.

LWing is nice because you get special bracer enchants that are quite a bit stronger than what you could get from an enchanter. You can also apply the strongest leg enchants for physical DPS and tanks to your own legs for less than it costs to make the trade-able version... which you also make and can sell for a profit typically. Sometimes you'll find that you can make gear that is better than what you're wearing if you put a lot of effort into keeping your crafting skill high while you level... but it's rare that it's worth it.

If you also plan on making an enchanter, sending crafted greens and blues to the enchanter will give them a nice stock of dusts, essences, and shards to make that character's life a lot easier. This is true with Tailors, Blacksmiths, Jewelcrafters (mostly at lower levels of JCing skill), and even Engineers as well. You'll find yourself out of bank room in a hurry if your enchanter cannot DE at least most of the things sent. I'm running into that problem on Azuremyst right now where I need to get my priest up to level 35 so he can learn the next level of enchanting. So many greens, so little time.

I covered the above because they seem most relevant to you right now, Tasha, but I'll also touch on the biggest character benefits of the other professions (aside from what they craft/gather).
Alchemy - Increased effectiveness and duration on potions and elixirs that you can make.
Blacksmithing - Can add a socket to your bracers and gloves.
Enchanting - Can enchant their rings with bonuses.
Engineering - I dunno what to tell you about this one. Engineers are honestly just like... gadget junkies. They get all kinds of assorted strange gadgets. Typically have the best in slot helm pre-raiding.
Herbalism - Get a heal over time that you can cast on yourself periodically.
Inscription - You can do your own shoulder enchants that are a bit stronger than the ones you'd get from grinding rep.
Jewelcrafting - Can create extra powerful gems for yourself.
Mining - Similar to the crit from skinning, miners get health bonuses at each of the above mentioned levels.
Tailoring - Unique, powerful cloak enchants and cheaper caster-friendly leg enchants.

wow * head filled with soo much info now *
thanks so much guys!.. gonna follow mirra's advise and see what i can do with leatherworking and skinning..
i still have difficulties with finding trainers in city's... but thats just a matter of time...
i cant remembering coming across a skinner trainer.. so i hope i can find one.. the city i was last in (theramore isle) made it really hard for me..
the guards didnt have a list to click on.. like alot of other city's so have.. :(
traveling to city's where i know they have these trainers costs alot of time and money.. so i hope the quests will lead me to a big city soon..
kinda stuck in a desert area now with only small stations...

thanks again for all the info! ít will take some time to really discover everything and find out what to do.. but i really appreciate all your help alot!

i'm stuck! no quests.. no leads.. nothing.. just stuck in a place and have no idea where to go...
if i go wander around.. i either end up somewhere with very low level quests that arent worth doing.. or in a place where a croc bites me and i instantly die.. (lol 80+ level)

any tips on what to do now? i went back.. but ofcourse no new qeusts are showing up at my old places either.

oow and another question.. tried to ask players.. but most dont even take the time to say hi :(
i see all these players ride their pet.. i know i have to go to a trainer to learn this skill.. but i havent tracked down one of those "riding trainers"
even went back to my home inn..

and also.. is there places that have certain trainers? like one place has mage trainers.. another had hunter trainers.. this really confuses me because i cant always find a hunter trainer in the places i end up with..

Most Major Cities have all the class and profession trainers you could want. There are a few of each that may not exist in a couple of the cities but it's pretty good coverage. Also in these Major Cities, there are Hero's Call boards which are great for finding a good new area for questing. For convenience I have the major cities listed below. At level 20, you'll be able to train to ride a mount. At level 40, you'll be able to train to ride a fast mount. At level 60, you can train to ride a flying mount, and at level 70 you can train to ride a really fast flying mount. These trainers are often also in the major cities but sometimes are in the zone which surrounds that city (e.g. Dun Morogh has a trainer but Ironforge does not).

Major Cities
  • Alliance
    • Darnassus
    • Ironforge
    • Stormwind
    • The Exodar
  • Horde
    • Orgrimmar
    • Silvermoon City
    • Thunder Bluff
    • Undercity

TashaTypical said:
i'm stuck! no quests.. no leads.. nothing.. just stuck in a place and have no idea where to go...
if i go wander around.. i either end up somewhere with very low level quests that arent worth doing.. or in a place where a croc bites me and i instantly die.. (lol 80+ level)

any tips on what to do now? i went back.. but ofcourse no new qeusts are showing up at my old places either.

oow and another question.. tried to ask players.. but most dont even take the time to say hi :(
i see all these players ride their pet.. i know i have to go to a trainer to learn this skill.. but i havent tracked down one of those "riding trainers"
even went back to my home inn..

and also.. is there places that have certain trainers? like one place has mage trainers.. another had hunter trainers.. this really confuses me because i cant always find a hunter trainer in the places i end up with..
You riding trainer is in Darnassus, elf, close to the hunter trainer.

aaah thats some nice advise! still havent reached darnasuss and since i cant fly or run anywhere it would take me ages.. gonna see if i can look up where it is.. and then try to walk there...
thanks guys!

TashaTypical said:
aaah thats some nice advise! still havent reached darnasuss and since i cant fly or run anywhere it would take me ages.. gonna see if i can look up where it is.. and then try to walk there...
thanks guys!

lol geez... i'm so blonde.. i almost started out at darnasuss...
aaaand... i did it!! woohoo i have a mount.. also i found a place where there are loads of new quests...
tasha happy...

oow i was sooo excited when i finally got the mount.. i didnt even go on cam and just went on and on plaing till 2 am :blush
there is so much to discover.. its amazing.. its soo big.. soo many things to do.. i totally love it!

my main character doesnt load.. thats a bit annoying.. but checked everything on the battlenet site and it just seems to be a problem with the character.. guess all i can do is wait.. :(
play with my dwarf-shaman a little...

engineering can be useful if your a hunter cause you can craft your own guns also they are what is required to make the 2 person motorcycle. when i get mine high enough i will be making a few for the guild. also any guns i make will go there as well for anyone to have.
also tailoring can make mounts as well.well just the flying carpet

I like engineering for being able to make guns - but here are some of the other things that are cool with engineering :

- Making guns - a big plus.

-At higher levels you can attach Tinkers you your armor. This is in addition to enchants and jewels. They do neat things like the Flexweave Overlay that allows you to click your cloak and deploy a parachute, letting you jump off places that would kill most characters. There's one for the hands that injects a heal potion, one for the belt that gives you a damage absorption shield.

- Teleporters - Engineers get new ways to go places , there are ones for the old world, the Burning Crusade, and Northrend. Very convenient.

- You have a chance to revive party members. Using either Jumper Cables or the Gnomish Army Knife - for example, your group is in the process of being killed. No way out. You make it a little away from the fighting and feign death. After all the other members are dead, get up and try to heal a rezzer class - priest, shaman, druid, paladin and make their run back much less hectic - if it works, and it doesn't always. But when it does it is nice.

- At higher levels you can get portable mailboxes (MOLL-E), portable sales/armor repairs - even an item which loots a target dead monster you killed - really useful for a hunter.

I'd pair it with mining. You of course can do whatever you want, but these are just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.