AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why we need sex education (AKA Todd Akin)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this is the first time for me it has actually taken more than casual effort to determine the simple fact that someone as prominent as a currently-holding office politician has children. Wikipedia's article doesn't even have the word "children" in it. His kids are briefly mentioned in the "talk" section, in which it's mentioned he "home schooled his children..." Odd.

He's probably one of those men who think the women decide what gender their children become.

EDIT TO ADD:

I wonder if this is one of those misunderstandings... I remember reading somewhere that scientists had proven that if a couple wants to have a child, both partners become more fertile.

LadyLuna said:
He's probably one of those men who think the women decide what gender their children become.

EDIT TO ADD:

I wonder if this is one of those misunderstandings... I remember reading somewhere that scientists had proven that if a couple wants to have a child, both partners become more fertile.
I don't doubt that there is an impact on fertility based on one's psychological state, but that doesn't sound like something that would be said by scientists. It's simply too simplistic a statement about a phenomenon that includes a myriad of variables.

Reactions: LadyLuna
This guy makes me fantastically angry... and then I encountered a total fuckwit saying similarly misinformed things, implying that this godforsaken bastard is right SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE ... how did he put it? "even in cases of rape or incest? that doesn't make abortion right. besides, if you want to fuck your brother you shouldn't ask the government for money to kill the baby."

What the FUCK? People like that exist... people like that actually exist.

Reactions: Nordling
I feel he misspoke because he forgot the first rule of oratory. Before opening your mouth , put brain in gear and think before you make an ASSHOLE of yourself while trying to be all political.
:twocents-02cents:
and we need political education so this type of crap doesn't continue to be spouted by political hacks from all parties.

LadyLuna said:

EDIT TO ADD:

Wanting is probably not what causes it. Bonking 4 times a day might result in the more hormones of various descriptions being produced, making pregnancy more likely though.

552106_10151176268735930_147211074_n.jpg

Please realize that when I say "I remember reading somewhere" but don't put a "trustworthy" afterwards, it's highly possible that where I read it has no credibility at all, because I can't even remember well enough to say it was from a trustworthy source.

Reactions: Nordling
Bocefish said:
I don't know this Akin guy from Adam, just trying to explain what he meant. Legitimate rape? I thought WTF too, but then I realized it was a poor attempt at saying how many false rape accusations there are.

The "legitimate" rape part led right into how women can shut that whole thing down, so in his mind a "legitimate" rape can never end in a pregnancy, if he actually meant it the way you're trying to explain it as he would have disconnected the two parts of his horribly ignorant and offensive statements. The "legitimate" part is also a different spin on the legislation Paul Ryan, and a couple hundred other GOP congressman, co-sponsored that tried to pass that differentiated between regular rape and "forcible" rape.

Nordling said:
Now he's claiming that he "misspoke." No, Todd, misspeaking is mispronouncing a word or using the wrong word and changing the meaning of a statement. This was a full-fledged review of his real thoughts, which is borne out by his voting record and bills he supports. In one bill, he wants to change the "definition of rape."
Thank you, for saying this. I'm so pissed off at politicians that do this kind of thing and it's been bothering me for a while now.

morment said:
Bocefish said:
I don't know this Akin guy from Adam, just trying to explain what he meant. Legitimate rape? I thought WTF too, but then I realized it was a poor attempt at saying how many false rape accusations there are.

The "legitimate" rape part led right into how women can shut that whole thing down, so in his mind a "legitimate" rape can never end in a pregnancy, if he actually meant it the way you're trying to explain it as he would have disconnected the two parts of his horribly ignorant and offensive statements. The "legitimate" part is also a different spin on the legislation Paul Ryan, and a couple hundred other GOP congressman, co-sponsored that tried to pass that differentiated between regular rape and "forcible" rape.

Nordling said:
Now he's claiming that he "misspoke." No, Todd, misspeaking is mispronouncing a word or using the wrong word and changing the meaning of a statement. This was a full-fledged review of his real thoughts, which is borne out by his voting record and bills he supports. In one bill, he wants to change the "definition of rape."
Thank you, for saying this. I'm so pissed off at politicians that do this kind of thing and it's been bothering me for a while now.
Yes, on this issue, Akins biggest sin was not saying exactly the same thing but using indirect verbiage, like so many of his brethren do...like Paul Ryan and Ron Paul.

morment said:
The "legitimate" part is also a different spin on the legislation Paul Ryan, and a couple hundred other GOP congressman, co-sponsored that tried to pass that differentiated between regular rape and "forcible" rape.

Exactly!!!

Everyone's talking about rape

The scientifically challenged Republican politician Todd Akin referred in a now-infamous interview to something called "legitimate rape" which, strangely, Akin seemed to use to refer to a particularly nasty rape because in those extreme circumstances "the female body has ways of shutting [their reproductive organs] down." Now, leaving aside the question of how on earth a 65-year-old man with six children can be so clueless about female biology, this kind of differentiation between what's a Proper Rape and what's merely a Fake Rape is very popular in certain circles.

The term Akin was groping for was not the contradictory "legitimate rape" but the tautological "forcible rape", the term employed in HR3, the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, which Akin co-sponsored, to refer to rapes that involve the woman being violently assaulted, as those are the only rapes that count, apparently. So if you're drugged and don't put up a fight resulting in you getting a black eye or something similar, good news! Your rape didn't count. Bad news! You won't get help paying for an abortion – not that you'll need one, mind, because pregnancies through rape don't happen, of course.

Eventually, the term was dropped from the bill – which then passed – but it just so happens that Akin's co-sponsor on that measure was current GOP VP nominee Paul Ryan. Akin later apologised for having "misspoke" about "legitimate rape" but the truth is all he had done was articulate the biological ignorance and misogyny that is rife in his party, the kind of thinking that lies behind so many of their policies and ambitions, as well as the even more common belief that some rapes count and some are acts sluts bring upon themselves.

saw a scrolling banner today for a discussion from a woman who had been raped,
to the effect that Rep Akin's statement had "De-legitimized" her rape. Seems that before this event her rape was legitimate but after Akin's spoke it became non-legitimate, so now the polically correct pundits are going to milk this for all its political hype, be they right or left wing, extremist or not.
Does someone have an agenda here ?????????????????

Apparently, there is some validity to what Akin said about a woman's body being able shut down a pregnancy resulting from rape.

Other recent findings from Gallup’s laboratory suggest that semen-exposed women perform better on concentration and cognitive tasks and that women’s bodies can detect 'foreign' semen that differs from their long-term or recurrent sexual partner’s signature semen.

They suggest the ability to detect foreign sources is an evolved system that often leads to unsuccessful pregnancies - via greater risk of preeclampsia - because it signals a disinvested male partner who is not as likely to provide for the offspring.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z24Jic55kz

Reactions: RoxieRed
I have heard that women under a great deal of emotional stress can miscarry or have trouble conceiving. I wonder if he thinks this means that any women who is "legitimately raped" will have "legitimate emotional stress" where her body will either abort the baby or not conceive. If only it were that reliable.

RoxieRed said:
I have heard that women under a great deal of emotional stress can miscarry or have trouble conceiving. I wonder if he thinks this means that any women who is "legitimately raped" will have "legitimate emotional stress" where her body will either abort the baby or not conceive. If only it were that reliable.

The person from Akin got his ideas from is one Dr John Wilke. The idea that women who are raped rarely get pregnant is not new. It is the fact that a public politician voiced something that has been discussed since the 1990s.

Akin is merely the dummy. The ventriloquist is John Wilke.

http://www.christianliferesources.com/a ... e-rare-461

If you google Wilke, you will discover just how fucked up he is. As far as I am concerned he has no right to be a doctor.

Reactions: RoxieRed
If the vagina can detect foreign semen (New band name) because it signals a disinvested male partner, then women who sleep around should never get pregnant.

Either way, The way Todd Akin thinks is not something new or different- This is the GOP and what they think and how they view abortions and women and things, they just never came out and actual said those specific terms during an interview for the rest of the population to react to it as easily as this.

SweepTheLeg said:
If the vagina can detect foreign semen (New band name) because it signals a disinvested male partner, then women who sleep around should never get pregnant.

She would obviously have to be in a monogamous relationship.

women’s bodies can detect 'foreign' semen that differs from their long-term or recurrent sexual partner’s signature semen.

SweepTheLeg said:
Either way, The way Todd Akin thinks is not something new or different- This is the GOP and what they think and how they view abortions and women and things, they just never came out and actual said those specific terms during an interview for the rest of the population to react to it as easily as this.

I guess that's why the entire GOP denounced what he said and wanted him gone.

Because he came out and actually said it. While the rest of the GOP is voting on preventing abortions in any case no matter what. What counts more- them denouncing him, or their voting record?

Source: prwatch.org

As part of a GOP effort to distance itself from the offensive remarks on "legitimate" rape recently made by Rep. Todd Akin, GOP Vice President nominee Paul Ryan has joined in the pleas aimed at the Congressman to pull out of Missouri’s fall Senate race. Ryan would not discuss the details of a phone call he made to his friend and anti-abortion ally, but the conversation must have been awkward. Akin was only articulating the view that there should be no exception for rape or incest that he and Ryan both attempted to legislate into law in vote after vote in Congress.
Ryan: ‘Rape is Rape’ … Unless It’s Not ‘Forcible’ Rape

Akin appeared on a St. Louis television station on August 19 expressing his views on whether women who become pregnant as a result of a rape should have the option of abortion.
“First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down,” he said.

The statement was absurd on its face. Some 32,000 women and young girls a year become pregnant due to rape, an estimated five percent of rape victims, according to the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. But these facts never concerned Akin or Ryan who together with other radical anti-abortion members of Congress have pursued vote after vote to narrow the definition of abortion and backed John Boehner, the Majority Leader of the House, as House Republican's held the entire federal budget hostage and threatened a shutdown of all goverment services over Planned Parenthood funding in April of 2011.

Although Ryan recently responded to Akin's comments calling them "outrageous" and saying that "rape is rape," a bill he cosponsored would have changed the definition of rape so federal abortion funds could only be accessed in the narrowest of circumstances. In May 2011, 235 Republican and 17 Democrats in the House voted for the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act." The bill was co-sponsored by both Ryan and Akin. Part of this bill allowed for hospitals to refuse to provide abortions even in cases where a woman’s life depended on it, and could also deny her a referral for emergency care. In the original language of this bill, only victims of “forcible rape" would qualify for federally funded abortions. A “forcible rape” or in Akin’s terms a “legitimate rape” was never defined and eventually pulled out of the bill in face of sharp criticism.

According to the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, about 80 percent of rapes are committed with no weapon used during the attack other than physical force. Ryan's recent statement “rape is rape,” falls in sharp contrast to a provision of this bill he pushed which could have excluded eight out of ten rape victims from receiving abortion services due to a federal decision of whether or not their rape was traumatizing enough.

As noted by Jodi Jacobson, editor of Reality Check: “This definition by extension would have eliminated date rape, marital rape, intimate partner rape, the rape of a sex worker, the rape of a woman too inebriated to give consent, and other forms of rape as 'legitimate' forms of rape. It dismisses the reality that most rapes of women are committed by people they know. It is also no coincidence that the right wing wants to deny women in the military who have been sexually assaulted assistance for abortion care in the case of rape, and that some in the right wing have outright blamed service-women for being raped in the first place.”

SweepTheLeg said:
Because he came out and actually said it. While the rest of the GOP is voting on preventing abortions in any case no matter what. What counts more- them denouncing him, or their voting record?

There are plenty of pro life & pro choice people on both sides of the aisle. Lumping an entire party as misogynistic is a little short sighted, to say the least.

Bocefish said:
SweepTheLeg said:

There are plenty of pro life & pro choice people on both sides of the aisle. Lumping an entire party as misogynistic is a little short sighted, to say the least.
It isn't simply misogyny. It's a fact that patriarchy, the view that women should have fewer rights than men, is a right wing view. It's only indirectly party related, because many Democrats, like the blue dogs, are actually conservatives, and, until recently, many Republicans were moderate or even liberal. But Republicans such as Jacob Javits or even Nelson Rockefeller are surprisingly absent in today's slates. Notice how just a few years ago Mitt Romney was "pro-choice," but now, curiously, he's blatantly "anti-abortion."

Was he struck by a lightening bolt? Or, as more likely, he's a plastic piece of rubber, who puts politics and his own career way above any sense of personal ethics or morality.

Nordling said:
Bocefish said:
SweepTheLeg said:

It isn't simply misogyny. It's a fact that patriarchy, the view that women should have fewer rights than men, is a right wing view.

That must be why so many strong women are on the right wing of things. :lol:

Everybody believes what they will and pointlessly arguing politics on a site like this is a complete waste of time.

Bocefish said:

Everybody believes what they will and pointlessly arguing politics on a site like this is a complete waste of time.

There are many strong women who are anti-feminists. I went to a woman's college, and a couple of the students were anti-feminist, one even dared to give a presentation about it. Poor girl had abuse hurled at her by the audience. (honestly, I think it was a bit of a stupid thing to do, but all well).

There are plenty of women who are as misinformed about how their body works as the rest of the people in that party. Just like there were plenty of poor people who voted for Bush because they don't understand that Bush's party was then, is now, and has always been, about making sure the rich stay rich. They, unfortunately, believe the lies that they see in TV commercials and party propaganda. They actually believed that helping the rich get rich would result in the rest of America getting rich with them.

Know why those who speak the truth always lose? Because those who speak the truth are limited by the truth, while those who lie are free to come up with all the bullshit they want. And it's really fucking hard for the average American to tell the difference between the truth and the bullshit.

LadyLuna said:
Bocefish said:

There are plenty of women who are as misinformed about how their body works as the rest of the people in that party.
This. Tons of otherwise intelligent women have no idea how they're own bodies work. We live in a country where educated people use the word "va-jay jay" like saying vagina or vulva is wrong. :roll: A patriarchal society feeds on that. For any man to feel he has a right to classify aloud varying degrees of rape or create some sort of "How to Spot a Lying Victim: Hint- She's Pregnant!" manual is about as misogynistic as anything can get. The fact that some women also hate women as a whole doesn't change that. Perhaps these douchebags don't even realize that they're spewing hate and have just been so sheltered and pampered they believe the crud they're saying. Either way, they shouldn't be in charge of a country.

It doesn't matter what he said in public....it is what he and his cohorts believe in private, and how they would try to force through their views when i power. Even if he hadn't let slip the *legitimate rape" term, his record on what he, and many GOP members, believe is all there online for anyone interested. Senate debate records are not secret. Discussions on amendments to the law discussed
in earlier posts are all available. What they would show is that, despite the party distancing itself from him NOW, they were all behind him when the legitimacy of rape was discussed and couched in political language on the Senate and House floors.

A person letting slip the N word may or may not be racist. But if you find that him and his mates have made continuous disparaging comments about ethnic minorities down the pub, then you can be pretty sure that even if he never used teh N word in his life, his views are definitely racist.

So look at the record guys. These people are not distancing themselves because they disagree with him. The are distancing themselves because their own political careers are at jeopardy.

JickyJuly said:
LadyLuna said:
Bocefish said:

There are plenty of women who are as misinformed about how their body works as the rest of the people in that party.
This. Tons of otherwise intelligent women have no idea how they're own bodies work. We live in a country where educated people use the word "va-jay jay" like saying vagina or vulva is wrong. :roll: A patriarchal society feeds on that. For any man to feel he has a right to classify aloud varying degrees of rape or create some sort of "How to Spot a Lying Victim: Hint- She's Pregnant!" manual is about as misogynistic as anything can get. The fact that some women also hate women as a whole doesn't change that. Perhaps these douchebags don't even realize that they're spewing hate and have just been so sheltered and pampered they believe the crud they're saying. Either way, they shouldn't be in charge of a country.
This. Plus how do we define a "strong woman?" Is it Ann Coulter, who more than once has RUED the fact that women have the vote, and she suggested we should return to the pre-suffrage era? Is it Ayn Rand who expostulated on the "virtues of selfishness" during her career but nevertheless took both social security and medicare in her old age?

I guess what I want to say is, caring about fellow human beings is NOT a sign of weakness, and not caring about fellow humans is NOT a sign of strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.