AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Was bored, so a look at Cam statistics?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you search for girls via location? Like for instance, I'm interested in knowing who the top Australian models are (and how my camscore compares to them). I guess the ultimate would be to shed some light on how the camscore is generated by tracking other variables like time online, earnings/hr, tips etc. But I think that's out of the scope of your project unless MFC was actually willing to hand over the data. I think it's a really useful website the way it is and once people start hearing about it, it has the potential for a lot of traffic.

Countessa said:
Can you search for girls via location? Like for instance, I'm interested in knowing who the top Australian models are (and how my camscore compares to them). I guess the ultimate would be to shed some light on how the camscore is generated by tracking other variables like time online, earnings/hr, tips etc. But I think that's out of the scope of your project unless MFC was actually willing to hand over the data. I think it's a really useful website the way it is and once people start hearing about it, it has the potential for a lot of traffic.

Yes, there are - but it's limited to "changes" and "top x".

In other words, you can look at the top 10,20,50 or 100 camscore values for models who have logged in during the past 1,3,5 or 10 days. You can also filter this list down to countries, so you can indeed look at the top 10,20,50,100 camscores for models from Australia (or saying they are) who have logged on during the last 1,3,5,10 days.
You can alter the numbers manually (do a search, then look at the URL - enter whatever you like... just be warned that it may take longer to produce a page and the drop boxes may display basic numbers. It works via url to allow you to do this, rather than by submission alone).

You can also look for the top changes in camscore (both positive and negative) by the same filter (although this time Cam score change is between updates, so "days" doesn't feature...it's between updates only).

Please note in the following screenshot it shows top 5. I changed the url.
Code:
http://artificiallyintelligent.co.uk/mfc/changes.php?count=5&country=united+states

I will eventually make it so that you can see where a model lies in a somewhat arbitrary ranking. In other words, it'd be possible to search your own name, and then refine it with filters such as country and login. This would rank all models for that location (claimed location!) who have logged in within the past x days, and then show where you are in comparison (so if you were the top, you'd be 1st - showing perhaps the 10 below you. If you were 55th, then it'd show you 50th->60th with you in 55). Of course you could leave the filters out, and see how you compare against everyone in the DB as well (essentially camscore ranking).

At least that is the desire. It shouldn't be too hard to do, just that I have to put the search into a separate page to keep things tidier and allow for more room to display things (remove a menu or two, alter page width for larger graph etc).

As said previously, it should be relatively possible to plot several graphs over each other, although this would rapidly clutter. It'd certainly be possible to compare one model with another though to see how things went for someone in the same week...

However, it must be remembered, camscore is a tokens/time. Without more data, such comparisons don't really reveal much information... It will be more interesting to see general trends over time/seasons etc.

First up, great looking site. As a fellow programmer I can appreciate the work that went into making it.

Second, I'm starting to get a bad feeling about all this. What if a model has blocked a given location from viewing her profile? For example, several of the Australian models are not viewable to me because I'm in Australia, but now I've just found out who they are.

Just saying...

Reactions: Zoomer
I have several states in Australia blocked because I have friends/family there but I find that I am CONSTANTLY getting premium members in my chat room from those blocked locations. I believe the block only works for basics/guests because these guys keep finding their way into my chat and then wondering why my profile won't load. So yeah, I don't really know that its too much of an issue.

Zoomer said:
The database will still have her Model ID, but that doesn't help to find the profile url.
What I tried to say before was that there is a way to find out the current model name if you have her model ID. That's why I suggested you to also grab the model ID when crawling profiles.

Zoomer said:
Thing still to do:
1) Proxy for the crawler
Technically speaking, it is a great idea. But in this particular case that MFC doesn't like proxies, it can make your crawler to be blocked.

Judging by their empty robots file, it seems MFC has no problem letting bots/spiders to visit the pages. But with all the JavaScript and frames inside frames, makes me believe they want crawlers away. The best would be to ask them what they think. But it could result in a big NO and an instant block on the crawler.

This is the main reason I didn't include MFC on the list of sites to track - I've been tracking 16 sites for over 1 year (data no public yet). I didn't want to put effort on something that MFC could easily block. And if the data wouldn't be continous, there wouldn't be much use.

Zoomer said:
Since it takes just under 1/3rd of a Gb of bandwidth to update (100kb average per profile, soon to be 3300 profiles) there is a limit to what I'm willing to do - after all, it's just casual interest and entirely free
Oh... If only the non-javascript version of the profile could retrieve the camscore, it could be reduced to 3 or 4kb per profile. Again, if MFC could launch an API... But hey, if they see how useful your site is and that's a good advertising, maybe they give you a better way to access the data. Or at least don't block you.

MCEcher said:
First up, great looking site. As a fellow programmer I can appreciate the work that went into making it.

Second, I'm starting to get a bad feeling about all this. What if a model has blocked a given location from viewing her profile? For example, several of the Australian models are not viewable to me because I'm in Australia, but now I've just found out who they are.

Just saying...

Personally I would say it's a mute point - you see only see cam score, profile pic, model name, last online - nothing more.
However, please do all voice opinion on this - if it's a problem, I'll stop. Simple.

As said, this is not a professional venture, it is simply me being bored and messing about, so it isn't an issue if I stop. Not here to cause trouble. Just thought if it proves a popular or useful idea, then I'll make it public.

As for the IP block - only MFC blocks the ip. You can use Google search to find models, or a proxy. So the IP block is essentially to stop people coming into your room - it won't work for profiles beyond maybe limiting the ability to find the models in the first instance (Google will reveal hundreds, giving a form of "information overload") whereas the site gives a more concise list. Those recently camming.

For Google - just refine your search parameters. Below it is to search only profiles, looking for models with Australia as their country
site:profiles.myfreecams.com + "australia" + "country:" + "model"

When you get the results, any that you can't view due to being blocked - hit "view cache". The cache is generally from when the site is last crawled, and pages changed.

So ladychii is blocked for me (she's czech republic, but she must have blocked UK IP's? :D).
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/LadyChii

Code:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rN5CzIyURA8J:profiles.myfreecams.com/LadyChii+site:profiles.myfreecams.com+%2B+%22country:%22+%2B+%22model%22+%2B+ladychii&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk
Entire profile, images, comments etc (cache of 10th April).
Again, I show model name, camscore (+ history), profile picture and last login...

MyCamGirl said:
What I tried to say before was that there is a way to find out the current model name if you have her model ID. That's why I suggested you to also grab the model ID when crawling profiles.

Well, feel free to let me know about how/where to find the model name via ID - because I have not seen this yet ;)

I have tried crawling whilst identifying myself as Googlebot, but the pages are the same.
If they had an API, then everything would be a heck of a lot easier. I guess it is something they don't think about - why provide a way for people to increase load on your servers without necessarily adding value to your site?

As this is a site meant to serve models as well as pervs, I recommend removing the location functionality. Not doing so could result in well-founded complaints to MFC from models and a subsequent block for your crawler.

Yes, there is always a way to find models, but that is only by doing an end run around some models' legitimate concerns and expressed wishes. Not every model is sophisticated in the ways of the internet and online privacy, but that does not make her less wonderful. It gives models something else to worry about for the sake of adding a bell or a whistle to a website.

Sevrin said:
As this is a site meant to serve models as well as pervs, I recommend removing the location functionality. Not doing so could result in well-founded complaints to MFC from models and a subsequent block for your crawler.

Yes, there is always a way to find models, but that is only by doing an end run around some models' legitimate concerns and expressed wishes. Not every model is sophisticated in the ways of the internet and online privacy, but that does not make her less wonderful. It gives models something else to worry about for the sake of adding a bell or a whistle to a website.
I love being able to pull up a list of just the US to see where my camscore falls in the list of girls in my region. I'm glad that is available.

Zoomer said:
I got bored, I like to program, and I often like thinking "it would be cool too..." - sometimes I act upon it.

At MFC there is no access to a history (timeline) of Cam scores (as far as I could see?). On Saturday I was bored and wondered how Cam score varies, and why I couldn't see a way of visualising it. After thinking about how easy it would be to construct one through what is publicly viewable, I set to work - simply because it was a problem I could solve easily, and it was interesting :D I'd never programmed a "web-crawler" before. As I finished it, I realised something else too...

There is another way to get the data.
tcpdump an MFC session, and you see a packet stream on port 8100 - or sometimes on another port, which I don't understand.
Anyway - this is a really simple packet format. (this is from memory, my spec is offline)
It consists of simple packets consisting of a type value, and a 2 byte length value.
There are several packet types - amongst those I recall - ping, 'login OK', 'friend info' (sent after login), model info, chat.

Code:
19:51:02.267972 IP chat18.myfreecams.com.8100 > 10.0.0.258.58832: Flags [P.], ack 27, win 46, options [nop,nop,TS val 1035985631 ecr 846486353], length 833
	0x0000:  4540 0375 ddf6 4000 3006 4386 cfe5 4bda  E@.u..@.0.C...K.
	0x0010:  0a00 0007 1fa4 e5d0 a312 5713 a1c4 f493  ..........W.....
	0x0020:  8018 002e 45e0 0000 0101 080a 3dbf e2df  ....E.......=...
	0x0030:  3274 5b51 033f 3230 2037 3836 3237 3334  2t[Q.?20.7862734
	0x0040:  3520 3738 3336 3132 3134 2030 2034 3839  5.78361214.0.489
	0x0050:  3134 3533 207b 2532 326c 7625 3232 3a34  1453.{%22lv%22:4
	0x0060:  2c25 3232 6e6d 2532 323a 2532 3242 7573  ,%22nm%22:%22Bus
	0x0070:  7479 5f48 6f6c 6c79 2532 322c 2532 3273  ty_Holly%22,%22s
	0x0080:  6964 2532 323a 3738 3632 3733 3435 2c25  id%22:78627345,%
	0x0090:  3232 7569 6425 3232 3a34 3839 3134 3533  22uid%22:4891453
	0x00a0:  2c25 3232 7673 2532 323a 302c 2532 3275  ,%22vs%22:0,%22u
	0x00b0:  2532 323a 7b25 3232 6167 6525 3232 3a32  %22:{%22age%22:2
	0x00c0:  342c 2532 3261 7661 7461 7225 3232 3a33  4,%22avatar%22:3
	0x00d0:  2c25 3232 626c 7572 6225 3232 3a25 3232  ,%22blurb%22:%22
	0x00e0:  446f 6e25 3237 7420 776f 7272 7920 6265  Don%27t.worry.be
	0x00f0:  2068 6170 7079 2e2e 2e25 3232 2c25 3232  .happy...%22,%22
	0x0100:  6361 6d73 6572 7625 3232 3a33 342c 2532  camserv%22:34,%2
	0x0110:  3263 6861 745f 6267 2532 323a 3533 2c25  2chat_bg%22:53,%
	0x0120:  3232 6368 6174 5f63 6f6c 6f72 2532 323a  22chat_color%22:
	0x0130:  2532 3246 4630 3046 4625 3232 2c25 3232  %22FF00FF%22,%22
	0x0140:  6368 6174 5f66 6f6e 7425 3232 3a32 2c25  chat_font%22:2,%

For example - 033F (831 decimal) is the length of the packet (see near the beginning),
this is a model info packet (the type is shown a couple of bytes later as "20" in text),
then there is urlencoded info about the model that feeds the flash blob in your client
that talks to local javascript that implements the page.
This includes the model number, her chat colour and font, her first login time,
camscore, ...

There are also similar packets for model has turned video on/off.
There is nothing 'hacky' I found while reverse engineering this - the models home
addresses are not posted, nor is member login/out. Just the info the client needs
to generate the dynamic MFC content.
Most of it can be seen in some way or another.

FifthElephant said:
I might be wrong, but this approach only work with "humans". I don't think a crawler would be able to establish this kind of connection and dump the packets.

But I don't know... as Zoomer is using Java, he might be able to mimic a real browser (establish connection, accept cookies, support javascript, create sessions...) and them get the packets. But even so, he has no way to request info on a specific model. These packets seem to be sent by MFC whenever the system considers important or if the user interacts with the site. That's why I said it is for humans only ;)

Cheers :)

I'll keep a note of that info, but at present the method is simple and gathers a large amount of data. That requires the models to be online at the time (from what you are saying?).

MyCamgirl said:
FifthElephant said:
I might be wrong, but this approach only work with "humans". I don't think a crawler would be able to establish this kind of connection and dump the packets.

But I don't know... as Zoomer is using Java, he might be able to mimic a real browser (establish connection, accept cookies, support javascript, create sessions...) and them get the packets. But even so, he has no way to request info on a specific model. These packets seem to be sent by MFC whenever the system considers important or if the user interacts with the site. That's why I said it is for humans only ;)

It's trivial.
A) Open browser, and tcpdump (I found the tool tcpick ideal for this, it captures streams.
B) Fake being the client. It simply needs to send one packet, and then just recieve, it's nothing clever, I did it in about 5 lines of script. It does not need to deal with javascript, or flash. There seems to be a constant stream of packets - it's needed to populate either the frontpage that you see, or the list of models when in a room.

FifthElephant said:
MyCamgirl said:
FifthElephant said:

It's trivial.
A) Open browser, and tcpdump (I found the tool tcpick ideal for this, it captures streams.
B) Fake being the client. It simply needs to send one packet, and then just recieve, it's nothing clever, I did it in about 5 lines of script. It does not need to deal with javascript, or flash. There seems to be a constant stream of packets - it's needed to populate either the frontpage that you see, or the list of models when in a room.

It'll be how it updates the users view of who's online, in grp, in prv, etc - hence only online models.
It will be a tiny amount of bandwidth compared to the present, but only online models. However, it could be a great way to reduce the volume of profiles visited, but may require many visits per day to capture a meaningful amount as out of 600 presently online, only 30-40 are in the DB. Whilst I could add and track more models, with the present infrastructure there is definitely a limit to how much I want to be putting in the DB :D

But I will definitely consider it more, it's very useful to know and not something I had thought about (just immediately thinking currently online misses a lot of info out - such as currently a model jumped 600 camscore without having logged in, so we may be able to realise offline tips :D ).

2 things to note today.

1. Yay, someone finally passed SunnyLeone for top camscore. Not surprised who it is. :)

2. This girl's camscore has gotta be the most consistent BS score I've seen. Super boring, doesn't talk, I never see tips, so how the hell did hers go UP so much today and how does she stay in the 20k range? Meanwhile I hustle my ass off but can't get back above 11k for the life of me. luxuryangel
Yeah, whatever, I'm bitter. :D

blackxrose said:
awesome site! now to go add myself to this list :)

:thumbleft:

Glad to see quite a number adding themselves today (8).
Also to note, if anyone is hoping to keep track of other models who are "competition" but aren't added, then add them too :D
(by competition I simply mean similar camscore, like to know how those around your camscore or usual online time / region fair too).

Would love to hear more feedback about the location filter. I was going to remove it until Amber posted, but no-one seems to have commented since and am unsure...

My personal opinion is that it doesn't reveal any actual information about a model at all.
The downside is that it obviously shows images (where applicable) of a model who hoped those in her region cannot see them - giving a starting point to dig further.

It isn't much of an issue at present (hardly any traffic, all there is comes exclusively from here), but is definitely something that if I eventually decide to put this site on a proper URL and "live" so to speak, that I'd like to have considered things before asking MFC about it.

I really just love the fact that I can see that overall, I'm currently ranked 42 in highest camscores, but if I only compare myself to other US models, I'm 25th. Maybe I'm the only one who likes to see where I fit in with other girls in my region. If I'm the only one who feels this way, then obviously don't worry about it and just remove it if you think it really makes that much of a difference in visibility for girls who hide their location.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/AaronCam added themselves... ooo err :D

I did think of a potential solution for the future. The simplest thing would be an option... add something like [nocountry] to any part of the page (that the model controls, not the comments section) and this would prevent updating country information. This would mean models could opt out. Obviously it could be opt in BUT just mentioning this potential solution without getting too far ahead of myself. I have to approach MFC about this whole site idea if I intend to push it "out there" so to speak, and seeing as the above profile has been added, the time has probably come to start making enquiries...

Just want it to look good/useful before hand, so they don't instantly say "no" to the whole idea...

AmberCutie said:
2 things to note today.

1. Yay, someone finally passed SunnyLeone for top camscore. Not surprised who it is. :)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Now if pro's and camscore for models who are artificially inflated by studios were discounted...you'd miss this info ;)

Awesome! Last I looked she still had 29k... now? 9k. Amazing! I really wonder WTF happened.

I love the regional thing. I don't see why it's an issue at all. Like Amber I always look to see how I compare world wide and US wide.

If any model ever wants to bitch about the local block, she shouldn't be a camwhore. Hell, she's the one who put the location on her profile to begin with, and she's the one who's stripping on cam on line. If people find out, it's completely her issue. She should have handled it and not blamed you.

Mikeythegeek said:
AmberCutie said:
Awesome! Last I looked she still had 29k... now? 9k. Amazing! I really wonder WTF happened.
Must have had an epic night on cam drop off from the score. Still, that's just... wow. :shock:
I'm thinking it's more like some sort of business deal/contract ended between the porn star and MFC/Leo.

AmberCutie said:
Mikeythegeek said:
AmberCutie said:
Must have had an epic night on cam drop off from the score. Still, that's just... wow. :shock:
I'm thinking it's more like some sort of business deal/contract ended between the porn star and MFC/Leo.
Could be, but we'll probably never know for certain.

Oh, and Zoomer. Put your BAF in the link to MFC. Geez. I don't think a couple of hundred tk here and there are out of line considering the effort you have put in.

AmberCutie said:
Looks cool! Also, SunnyLeone has actually been on very frequently lately. Her camscore is obviously still a hoax, but she has actually been around.
I'm quite sure Sunny gets paid on the back end to appear on MFC and that her inflated camscore is for egotistical/business reasons. I mean, she is who she is and does what she does. I know I wouldnt be on MFC for free if I was a well known porn star. For what! Not only that, Sunny runs her own cam studio through the Streamate platform, so she doesn't really ''need'' MFC for anything other than cash, not just tokens. Shes also pretty active when it comes to representing MFC at the conventions as a host or at least she has in the past. I love me some Sunny! Shes so hot and her eyes put me in a trance.

Mikeythegeek said:
Sevrin said:
Oh, and Zoomer. Put your BAF in the link to MFC. Geez. I don't think a couple of hundred tk here and there are out of line considering the effort you have put in.
THIS. You've done good. Get rewarded for it. :clap:

Okay, I have done - cheers :) I'm sceptical as to whether it'll do anything, but it can't harm to see :thumbleft:

Zoomer said:
Mikeythegeek said:
Sevrin said:
THIS. You've done good. Get rewarded for it. :clap:

Okay, I have done - cheers :) I'm sceptical as to whether it'll do anything, but it can't harm to see :thumbleft:
I was about to recommend you do the same. Good job. :)

Countessa said:
I have several states in Australia blocked because I have friends/family there but I find that I am CONSTANTLY getting premium members in my chat room from those blocked locations. I believe the block only works for basics/guests because these guys keep finding their way into my chat and then wondering why my profile won't load. So yeah, I don't really know that its too much of an issue.

That's odd...every now and then I'll run across a name in lounge I can't click, or a cam that won't load, and I usually check the profile and it comes up with the location block thing. So it works at keeping me out anyway. Maybe they're actively finding some way around the block?

Status
Not open for further replies.