AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Virgin?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayboyMegan

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 15, 2011
If a woman has never had sex with a man, but receives and gives oral sex/finger-banging to a woman, and she considers herself a lesbian, is she, in YOUR opinion, a virgin? Why/why not?
(That was a long ass sentence)

depends totaly if the defenition is religion based or not... IMHsimplifiedO, a virgin means you haven't had sex with penetration from/with a person.... yes, female fingers count... [ toy use gets a pass here since its .. "self inflicted" ] :mrgreen:
Now, are we going to twist all sideways and talk about anal and oral cherries as well? :lol:

Mmm it's a hard one really, because if you say you stop being a virgin when you first have sex, then no, she is not a virgin. If you class being a virgin as when a woman gets her hymen broken/first gets penetrated by a man, then yeah, but then technically boys are either always virgins or never virgins. I mean if a gay man had sex with another man you wouldn't class him as a virgin.

I'd bet that the kind of people who say pay to take women's virginities/find there's a lot of sexual appeal would still class that woman as a virgin as no man had touched her, which to a lot of men is what it's all about.

I fooled around with a girl from school before having sex, I do not class it in any way losing my virginity. After losing my virginity I slept with a girl, which I do consider sex although there was no penetration. I'm not sure how I'd feel if it were my first time though...
I know that a lot of guys do not really count lesbian interactions as "real sex", and more in a world of their own, somehow something outside rules where anything goes. Maybe just because they find it hot, so for them it's not serious as it's entertainment. Maybe because men finding it hot means there are a lot of women who will kiss/do stuff to other girls for mens sexual gratification, meaning many can't help but see it as that.

I think if I were a lesbian and had no intention of ever sleeping with a man, then yes, I would class it as sex, and yes, I would count it as not being a virgin. I would also class a girl who has anal sex before losing her "virginity" as no longer a virgin. To me sex is sex, foreplay is foreplay, but when you're in the moment, you know the difference.

When I was fingered by a man before having sexual intercourse, I still considered myself a virgin, and I believe even by dictionary standards, I was. So I think, even if it's G/G she would still technically be a virgin, and also IMO a virgin.
But then, do you consider anal sex losing your virginity? If not, what about male on male sex? It gets complicated, for sure.

For a man: virginity is until he's stuck it in someone else.

For a woman: virginity is until someone else has stuck something in her pussy in a sexual context (taking care of the whole doctor's visits thing).

So yes, I think that counts as her not being a virgin anymore.

Reactions: Red7227 and SoTxBob
yeah, some kind of actual penetration has to occur for sure, be it manual or oral. though the standard for a purely heterosexual person is different from an exclusively homosexual imo. most of the gay guys i know have a different classification for virginity depending on if they have given or received anal, so why shouldnt our lesbian friends do the same?

myself i agree with luna's definition the best

Reactions: LadyLuna
LadyLuna said:
For a man: virginity is until he's stuck it in someone else.

For a woman: virginity is until someone else has stuck something in her pussy in a sexual context (taking care of the whole doctor's visits thing).

So yes, I think that counts as her not being a virgin anymore.
That's funny though, if two virgins, male and female, were to have an encounter where the male breaks the girl's hymen with something (a toy?) , i'd bet she would still consider herself a virgin if she didn't cum, but she wouldn't if she did.....technically she wouldn't be a virgin anymore? or would she ......
In any case, the boy would still be a virgin.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
If the boy fingers her, she's no longer a virgin.

If she sucks the boy, he's no longer a virgin.

I'm still not sure if another person gives the guy a handjob, if that would count. I think if someone else gets you off through physical actions, then you're not a virgin anymore. But, as it's perfectly possible for a girl to have sex and get pregnant without ever having an orgasm, orgasm isn't necessary for loss of virginity.

So, either someone else gives the person an orgasm, or the person's penis penetrates someone else (either anally, orally, or vaginally), or the person's vulva is penetrated by someone else (either fingers, tongue, dick, or toy held by someone else).

I'd just like to say that I don't believe in the whole "virginity" thing.
"Losing my virginity"
"She lost her virginity"
Why is it always lost? Losing?
When I'm having sex I'm having a hell of a good time, I'm not losing a god damn thing.
Why make it sound like something was taken away when in reality something was shared?

mmm I'm oldfashioned with boys and girls having sex. If you have sex (dick in pussy), that makes you lose your virginity. Nothing else. No blowjob, no orgasm, no fingering etc changes it. For me the same goes for gay sex (or straight sex) that if someone fucks someone else's arse or receives, you also are no longer a virgin.

Lesbians on the other hand, I think it's more of an emotional thing. It's just completely different rules. I don't believe someone has to be penetrating the other for it to be sex, that's how it works with female/male sex, not female/female sex. I think it's mutually doing stuff to each other/kissing/being naked with each other for a period of time and feeling like you had sex. Seeing as it's girls, I don't think there has to be any penetration with fingers etc for it to be sex.

Isabella_deL said:
feeling like you had sex

That's my definition for anyone really. It's all so personal. I say your virginity is gone when you feel like it is. If that means all the way to dick in pussy for it to count for you fine, if you feel like all it takes is a little finger action that's good too.

I've always taken standard sex to be the signifier of the end of one's viriginity.

Standard sex between a man and a woman = penis in vagina
Standard sex between a man and a man = penis in the ass
Standard sex between a woman and a woman = tongue and fingers in vagina? scissoring? to my eternal shame, I'm not entirely sure what "standard sex" between two women entails.

But my point is, if you've experienced whatever the "standard" sexual practice is for your particular sexual persuasion, you're no longer a virgin. If you haven't, you are.

:twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
Standard sex between a woman and a woman = tongue and fingers in vagina? scissoring? to my eternal shame, I'm not entirely sure what "standard sex" between two women entails.

i've always wondered if women actually do 'scissoring'?
i know when i was younger... and i mean way younger, i would rub against my fluffy animals or my pillow, but doesn't that shit get boring?
everytime i see women do that... i feel a slight ouch, carpet burns from another womans carpet :lol:

on the topic: i feel the same way as many, if you feel that you lost your virginity, you did...
i don't wanna generalize every lesbian woman, but every lesbian woman i know has had sex with a man atleast once..
that would make the topic even more complicated... knowing after that first time, do you think women would consider that their 'first time' or the time they found out that they like girls, and had their first time with the girl?
hmmm ok i'm getting a little carried away... i dunno

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Korreline said:
I'd just like to say that I don't believe in the whole "virginity" thing.
"Losing my virginity"
"She lost her virginity"
Why is it always lost? Losing?
When I'm having sex I'm having a hell of a good time, I'm not losing a god damn thing.
Why make it sound like something was taken away when in reality something was shared?

This is perfect!

Reactions: LindseyDoll
Isabella_deL said:
mmm I'm oldfashioned with boys and girls having sex. If you have sex (dick in pussy), that makes you lose your virginity. Nothing else.

couldn't have said it better myself

PlayboyMegan said:
If a woman has never had sex with a man, but receives and gives oral sex/finger-banging to a woman, and she considers herself a lesbian, is she, in YOUR opinion, a virgin? Why/why not?
(That was a long ass sentence)
I would say she's not a virgin because she considers herself lesbian, and to say only dick counts when it comes to sex is to say that female homosexuality is somehow not 'real'.

After reading all the different opinions, I decided to google "define: virgin" to see what it said.

Code:
vir·gin
/ˈvərjən/

Noun
A person, typically a woman, who has never had sexual intercourse.

Adjective
Being, relating to, or appropriate for a virgin: "his virgin bride".

Synonyms
noun.  	maiden - maid
adjective.  	virginal - maiden - chaste - pure - intact

I then determined that how one defines sexual intercourse has a large bearing on things so I went back and googled "define: sexual intercourse"

Code:
sex·u·al in·ter·course 

Noun
Sexual contact between individuals involving penetration, esp. the insertion of a man's erect penis into a woman's vagina.

Synonyms
coitus - intercourse - coition

Ignoring the "typically a woman" and the esp. parts of the two definitions, I guess "A person who has never had sexual contact between individuals involving penetration" is a decent definition so I'll go with that for myself... though honestly how it's defined doesn't matter much to me.

Honestly?

Since it's not MY vagina....I could care less about what makes it a virgin or not.

I say it's up the girl. She wants to be called a virign, ill call her a virgin. She doesn't, then I wont.

Mirra said:
After reading all the different opinions, I decided to google "define: virgin" to see what it said.

Code:
vir·gin
/ˈvərjən/

Noun
A person, typically a woman, who has never had sexual intercourse.

Adjective
Being, relating to, or appropriate for a virgin: "his virgin bride".

Synonyms
noun.  	maiden - maid
adjective.  	virginal - maiden - chaste - pure - intact

I then determined that how one defines sexual intercourse has a large bearing on things so I went back and googled "define: sexual intercourse"

Code:
sex·u·al in·ter·course 

Noun
Sexual contact between individuals involving penetration, esp. the insertion of a man's erect penis into a woman's vagina.

Synonyms
coitus - intercourse - coition

Ignoring the "typically a woman" and the esp. parts of the two definitions, I guess "A person who has never had sexual contact between individuals involving penetration" is a decent definition so I'll go with that for myself... though honestly how it's defined doesn't matter much to me.
What about olive oil? Virgin olive oil has no previous oil experience, but regular non-virgin olive oil has probably never had 'intercourse' either. Another example is the term 'virgin territory' meaning land that has been unclaimed or unsettled, wilderness. Another whole gender-political minefield in that term: claimed, conquered, used. It would be silly to think these aren't statements uttered by a patriarchal society, but it would be even sillier to keep repeating them.

I think the term is broader in its roots, and broader in its current use, than a purely heterosexual narrow definition.

Take another word with a similar meaning for example - maiden. Maiden technically means a young woman who hasn't had sex, and later (or perhaps all along) was therefore extrapolated to all young women who were presumed to have not had sex. I've also read in a number of sources that in the hebrew version of the bible Mary is not actually referred to as a virgin but as a young woman - which is the same word as virgin - but by context alone (ie giving birth) one would infer that in her case it clearly just means young woman rather than virgin.

I think the best question we could ask out of all this, is why is it important to create some invisible arbitrary line where on one side stand those who haven't had sex. and on the other everyone else.

Jupiter551 said:
What about olive oil? Virgin olive oil has no previous oil experience, but regular non-virgin olive oil has probably never had 'intercourse' either. Another example is the term 'virgin territory' meaning land that has been unclaimed or unsettled, wilderness. Another whole gender-political minefield in that term: claimed, conquered, used. It would be silly to think these aren't statements uttered by a patriarchal society, but it would be even sillier to keep repeating them.

I think the term is broader in its roots, and broader in its current use, than a purely heterosexual narrow definition.

Take another word with a similar meaning for example - maiden. Maiden technically means a young woman who hasn't had sex, and later (or perhaps all along) was therefore extrapolated to all young women who were presumed to have not had sex. I've also read in a number of sources that in the hebrew version of the bible Mary is not actually referred to as a virgin but as a young woman - which is the same word as virgin - but by context alone (ie giving birth) one would infer that in her case it clearly just means young woman rather than virgin.

I think the best question we could ask out of all this, is why is it important to create some invisible arbitrary line where on one side stand those who haven't had sex. and on the other everyone else.
Yes... I understand the broader definitions of virgin... but that didn't seem to be the direction this thread was focused on... so I ignored all of that, and, as I said, "how it's defined doesn't matter much to me." So with that, I'm pretty much done with this reply... because it honestly feels like you trying to start an argument where there wasn't really any need for one. I am perfectly content with everyone defining it however the fuck they want.

Mirra said:
Yes... I understand the broader definitions of virgin... but that didn't seem to be the direction this thread was focused on... so I ignored all of that, and, as I said, "how it's defined doesn't matter much to me." So with that, I'll be done replying... because this reply feels like you trying to start an argument where there wasn't really any need for one. I am perfectly content with everyone defining it however the fuck they want to.
I'm not trying to start an argument I was simply commenting with what I thought

curvyredhead said:
Honestly?

Since it's not MY vagina....I could care less about what makes it a virgin or not.

I say it's up the girl. She wants to be called a virign, ill call her a virgin. She doesn't, then I wont.
While I do love your point, I may want to be called a "tree," fact is, I'm human. I'm not a tree at all. So some girl can fuck 12 guys and want to be called a virgin, but fact is, she's not.

PlayboyMegan said:
curvyredhead said:
Honestly?

While I do love your point, I may want to be called a "tree," fact is, I'm human. I'm not a tree at all. So some girl can fuck 12 guys and want to be called a virgin, but fact is, she's not.

But, at the same time---if she has fucked 4billion guys and wants to be called a virgin....I'll refer to her as one if she wants...
It really does not effect me.
HOWEVER!!!--Where my logic fails me is when someone I care about is one those 4billion guys, and although it might not have ment much to her--it clearly ment something to him (or a girl for that matter).

Although I have not run into this type of thing before--does not mean it can not happen.

Megan---I'd love to put my branch in your tree hole
hubba hubba

mynameisbob84 said:
I'm reminded of this scene in Chasing Amy.

yeah so was I, but Alyssa's voice just pisses me the fuck off these days for some reason lol

I always thought it was pretty interesting how people seem to have really concrete ideas about virginity and stuff.

I consider loss of virginity to be engaging in sex. I don't think penetration has much to do with it. Some ladies have a condition wherein penetration is very uncomfortable or even painful, so if a woman has a satisfying sex life, but is never penetrated, would you consider her to be a virgin?

My thoughts are that the virgin state is one where the person has not entered the physical sexual world, so to speak. Once a person starts willfully engaging in sex, regardless of whether or not the sex involves penetration, then I wouldn't consider them to be a virgin. In my own case, I identified myself as an adult sex person (ie, not a virgin) weeks before I started having penetrative sex. Because I was intimately involved with my boyfriend's penis, I would have felt silly calling myself a virgin based on a couple inches of displacement.

I know that traditionally penetration has been integral to arguments of virginity, but considering all possible sex acts, saying that a person could engage in copious amounts of sex but is still a virgin until they find a man to put a penis in them doesn't make much sense to me.

:shhh: tell teenage boys that they can 'decide' not to consider themselves virgins and an entire genre of high-school comedy films revolving around desperate attempts to lose virginity will become extinct, along with dozens of jobs for 30 year old actors just breaking into the business who play the high school students.

Status
Not open for further replies.