AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Models Disappearing

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2024
I have noticed that several new models I have followed are disappearing at rapid rate. They broadcast for 2-3 weeks, then are just gone without a word - a couple have been replaced with new girls. And gone from their other platforms. Does any one know if there are any issues with one or more studios? It's very strange.

Majority of new cammodels quit within the first month.

One scenario I see play out over and over is model starts, model seemingly doesn’t make enough money to pay bills, model quits. There have been a couple I really liked and tipped well, but not many others did so it makes sense they couldn’t keep that up

Reactions: Lover31660
One scenario I see play out over and over is model starts, model seemingly doesn’t make enough money to pay bills, model quits. There have been a couple I really liked and tipped well, but not many others did so it makes sense they couldn’t keep that up
It takes time and patience to build a following. It’s not a get rich quick scheme, for the majority of models. Looks have less to do with it, than most people project. New models would be wise to research and keep 2nd jobs, until they have built what they need to be full time.

It’s also an extremely hard job psychologically, so you have to develop all sorts of coping strategies for that, over time, or it’s a quick crash and burn.

Unless you are already famous, and bringing your own huge following , don’t expect to get rich quick camming.

It takes time and patience to build a following. It’s not a get rich quick scheme, for the majority of models. Looks have less to do with it, than most people project. New models would be wise to research and keep 2nd jobs, until they have built what they need to be full time.

It’s also an extremely hard job psychologically, so you have to develop all sorts of coping strategies for that, over time, or it’s a quick crash and burn.

Unless you are already famous, and bringing your own huge following , don’t expect to get rich quick camming.
Yeah that makes total sense. I think a lot of new models underestimate how professionally they need to approach the work. At least that’s my sense. And the psychological piece is probably hard to understand until you experience it

So true. Every so often you'll see a new cambbs make bank right out the gate and quit a few months in because of the stress this job brings. If someone is having a hard time coping, money doesn't always help. The attention this job brings can be overwhelming.

So true. Every so often you'll see a new cambbs make bank right out the gate and quit a few months in because of the stress this job brings. If someone is having a hard time coping, money doesn't always help. The attention this job brings can be overwhelming.
Once in a while I've also read about models doing great out the gate, abnormally well, then completely losing momentum and following within a few months, or a year.
Honestly, I don't know how common that scenario is though.
Does anyone else know how common that might be?

What I've read about more often, is the opposite, it just taking a bit of time to gain and build traction.
But a lot of different things can happen.

The job brings a lot of stress. Can't be highlighted enough!

Once in a while I've also read about models doing great out the gate, abnormally well, then completely losing momentum and following within a few months, or a year.
Honestly, I don't know how common that scenario is though.
Does anyone else know how common that might be?

What I've read about more often, is the opposite, it just taking a bit of time to gain and build traction.
But a lot of different things can happen.

The job brings a lot of stress. Can't be highlighted enough!
Seen plenty of new girls make the front page while they're "new" but as soon as they lose the tag they get dropped in the back pages.
Tbh I've gotten the impression for most girls the first week is the week they make the most income. Ofc some girls, the ones that get a large fan base and seem a natural to camming can remain there and have better money later down the line, but tbh I haven't seen many girls grow from back pages to front page, don't know about tips.
This is from a viewer side of things. Think it helps having a free social media, not to chat just put up a pic saying they're online, definitely helpful if u have to start a new account or quit a studio.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Seen plenty of new girls make the front page while they're "new" but as soon as they lose the tag they get dropped in the back pages.
Tbh I've gotten the impression for most girls the first week is the week they make the most income. Ofc some girls, the ones that get a large fan base and seem a natural to camming can remain there and have better money later down the line, but tbh I haven't seen many girls grow from back pages to front page, don't know about tips.
This is from a viewer side of things. Think it helps having a free social media, not to chat just put up a pic saying they're online, definitely helpful if u have to start a new account or quit a studio.
Are you talking specifically about CB can we clarify this please?

Because this is in the general section. Definitely useful and helpful info for models (what you shared), specifically interested in CB.

But I was talking about in general, across all sites. Including clips and fan sites.
I went from back pages of SM to front page within a year... so.
(That's me sharing that info to demonstrate how what you said is helpful, but should be labelled as specific to the site you are talking of. For the sake of new and potential models reading this thread.
The only reason I know you are probably specifically referring to CB, is that I already know you from this forum context (2024). 3 years from now, models who find this thread won't necessarily have that context.)

Status
Not open for further replies.