AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

BRB images on Chaturbate?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
So yeah from being a viewer I have seen and know lots of girls who have used BRB gifs when they go for a pee/something to eat get some air etc etc. It's definitely not just the girls that make bank that get away with this. I am aware that it's technically not allowed as I did read the rules on it before.
I THINK it's something that the site doesn't really care about it. It's just the rule is there to convince people not to upload vids as fake broadcasts.

Come to think of it, I have also seen girls leave a pic at the end of their broadcast with a link to their onlyfans/fansly accounts as well.

So yeah from being a viewer I have seen and know lots of girls who have used BRB gifs when they go for a pee/something to eat get some air etc etc. It's definitely not just the girls that make bank that get away with this. I am aware that it's technically not allowed as I did read the rules on it before.
I THINK it's something that the site doesn't really care about it. It's just the rule is there to convince people not to upload vids as fake broadcasts.

Come to think of it, I have also seen girls leave a pic at the end of their broadcast with a link to their onlyfans/fansly accounts as well.
It's a picture, not a video. The video part is what is not allowed.

Reactions: KingMarti

I think it’s always best to err on the side of caution with stuff like this. Even if some, or even most, models gets away with breaking a certain rule, doesn’t mean everyone will.

All it takes is a disgruntled member, a troll or even a jealous model to report you and the right (or I guess wrong?) support person to see it and then you’re hit with a warning or ban.

I had something somewhat similar happen to me years ago on C4S. There’s a rule on all sites that state you’re not allowed to display any weapons. I make penectomy content, which can involve using weapons. Someone reported my content and I had it removed and was told I was at risk of having my studio deactivated over it. I actually ended up having a huge discussion with C4S support about this and ended up talking to the head of the support team, who clarified that weapons can, in fact, be used only in the penectomy category as long as it was a solo/pov video and that he’d make sure everyone in the support team know about it.

Yes, a lot of us who are more serious long term cam models err on the side of caution with this stuff. It's our responsibility to know the rules of each different site, which for many of us may be as many as 10-15. Cam sites and clip sites.

I love the way Audri always puts it; we can't use the "lemming defense".

Basically, just because you saw someone else do it, or multiple others do it, doesn't mean you're going to get away with it. The more popular and higher you rank on these sites, the more people are watching you, and they aren't always friends/ fans. Sadly. Some models seem to get away with breaking rules, that others don't. No one likes it, but it is what it is.

I make penectomy content,
I love that this site and you lovely folks still can make me realise how naive or vanilla or mundane I am. :giggle: I was not sure of that term, right-clicked to Google it and as I did so my fuzzy Saturday morning brain made the linguistic connection, and then Google confirmed it. I closed the page and crossed my legs :rofl: :)

Yes, a lot of us who are more serious long term cam models err on the side of caution with this stuff. It's our responsibility to know the rules of each different site, which for many of us may be as many as 10-15. Cam sites and clip sites.
It never ceases to amaze me (although it should not) just how many grown adults seem to subscribe to the defense of "Well everyone else does it" in SO many areas of life!! :facepalm:

And as you and so many others say, when it comes to your livelihood...geez! read the rules and follow them, or if you do not follow them, don't whine when it bites you on the arse.

I love that this site and you lovely folks still can make me realise how naive or vanilla or mundane I am. :giggle: I was not sure of that term, right-clicked to Google it and as I did so my fuzzy Saturday morning brain made the linguistic connection, and then Google confirmed it. I closed the page and crossed my legs :rofl: :)

Hahaha! I love how every time I’ve told someone in my personal life that I make adult content they just assume it’s vanilla, masturbation type stuff and then when I’ve explained some of the fetishes I do they’re like “…..wat”.

Not that there’s anything wrong with vanilla content! But, you might be surprised if you watch some penectomy videos! I actually had a very lovely member I met on this forum purchase some of my videos and out of curiosity he got a penectomy video and he was like “That was way more erotic and sexy than I thought it would be”. Still totally get how a lot of men don’t want to even think about that, though, haha.

But, penectomy and vore are always the most shocking fetishes to people I’ve explained it to irl!

Reactions: Ozzie_
OK *that* one I really had no idea of the meaning, I truly needed google. Not an entirely foreign concept to me although the terminology was new. For some reason it does not evoke the same visceral reaction in me as penectomy does. (Or maybe I am still in shock from penectomy :rofl: )

But, you might be surprised if you watch some penectomy videos! I actually had a very lovely member I met on this forum purchase some of my videos and out of curiosity he got a penectomy video and he was like “That was way more erotic and sexy than I thought it would be”.
I can actually begin to entertain the thought of the possibility of it being able to be done with eroticism and sexiness. ;)

Reactions: Marceline
Using an API to receive information is not scraping, as APIs are designed to provide structured access to data. Scraping generally involves extracting data from web pages by parsing the HTML, which can be against the terms of service of a website.
Either way your scraping data my boy. The person making that comment was a non-technical person. Spare me the tech lesson. Get back to your raking.

• Funny!
Reactions: cbhours
I was always told by CB Support that it has to be 15 - 20 minutes when using a BRB image, that's what I personally was told when I asked. But that was a year or 2 ago, and CB are always very uncertain themselves when you ask. Different people who seem to respond give different answers about many things, it's confusing.

BRB Screens are extremely common on Chaturbate, I have no idea why support replied that it wasn't allowed but that's quite a common theme to be honest.

Chaturbate is a minefield for rules that aren't properly enforced though so i'm going to send them a message asking exactly what the rules are.

I've attached some examples: https://images.imgbash.com/7883/2024/20/84241.png

1. Live streaming or broadcasting recorded content (or any other type of non-interactive content) is not permitted. You may only share recorded video through your bio/profile page. Independent Broadcasters may, upon concept review by our support team, utilize cartoons, avatars, and other interactive digitally created images provided that such cartoons, avatars, or images comply with this Code of Conduct as well as the Terms.

If you want to play it safe you can use a still image instead or overlay "Be Right Back" text over your live broadcast when taking a break.

There is no minimum duration of acceptable time away from Camera either from what I know. Technically a support rep can ask within 5 minutes to verify your identity so really the maximum time away from camera should be about 5 minutes or less or you should keep checking in frequently

Last edited:
This is the information about the 5 minute verification time by the way if anyone is curious. I got the same response about no recorded videos but this doesn't seem to actually be enforced for BRB screens at the moment, unless they suddenly started enforcing it which can happen.

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 15.43.15.png

doesn't seem to actually be enforced for BRB screens at the moment, unless they suddenly started enforcing it which can happen.
Just because they don't enforce it on rooms where you see it being used doesn't mean it isn't being enforced. There are many rules that are not enforced equally throughout the site.

Just because they don't enforce it on rooms where you see it being used doesn't mean it isn't being enforced. There are many rules that are not enforced equally throughout the site.

Tangentially related, I've read about people getting into trouble for showing what they're drinking on cam even though I have an email explicitly saying that it's fine to show whatever beer, wine, or whisky that I'm drinking. I've also seen big streamers have their crypto wallets in their wish list, but I got into trouble for doing the same. I know of a very big streamer who actually does have full recorded shows going on in a separate password protected room. Even though this isn't technically allowed, she must've gotten permission from support to do this.

If there's ever any question about anything you do in your room, get clarification from support so that you have documented proof that whatever it is you're doing is okay for you to do. CB looks at things on a case by case basis, which isn't always great, but sometimes it's nice because it gives room for nuance.

big streamers have their crypto wallets in their wish list, but I got into trouble for doing the same
IMO this should never be allowed its no different than having paypal in the bio. But then I have also seen models that have banners for buying things like panties and tip menu's where if you click it it takes you to paypal. I get the feeling cb is slipping when it comes to rule enforcement on higher earning models, there was always a some things apply, but things like offline payments wa always a big no no

IMO this should never be allowed its no different than having paypal in the bio. But then I have also seen models that have banners for buying things like panties and tip menu's where if you click it it takes you to paypal. I get the feeling cb is slipping when it comes to rule enforcement on higher earning models, there was always a some things apply, but things like offline payments wa always a big no no

Yeah, I thought it was super weird because of the offline payment thing, so I had something written like "gift me crypto!" to make sure it was clear that it was a gift and not payment for anything. Still, understandably, not okay for me, but those other models still had their links up. Bothered me for awhile, but then I just mostly stopped watching streams altogether. I just stay in my own lane, do my own thing, and I've been happier ever since. Thinking about what other people are doing and why it's not okay for me to do is a waste of time and energy. Something something "comparison is the thief of joy"

Yeah, I thought it was super weird because of the offline payment thing, so I had something written like "gift me crypto!" to make sure it was clear that it was a gift and not payment for anything. Still, understandably, not okay for me, but those other models still had their links up. Bothered me for awhile, but then I just mostly stopped watching streams altogether. I just stay in my own lane, do my own thing, and I've been happier ever since. Thinking about what other people are doing and why it's not okay for me to do is a waste of time and energy. Something something "comparison is the thief of joy"
That's basically why if I have an idea about something, regardless of if I have seen other people do it or not I tend to email support, at least that way if someone say's it's ok and I get banned getting unbanned should be quicker because I can just attach the email where they approved it.

ETA:

I get why most people dont see the issue of taking customers off site, there's a lack of big picture understanding or just not thinking about it in general. Thing is sites are like little eco systems, the site provides the platform, the affiliates provide the majority of the traffic and the models provide the service that the members pay for, if anyone gets cut out its taking money out of someones pocket which reduces the value of the platform to that part until it's no longer worth it to continue working there.

Last edited:

I know it's not properly enforced. I said this.

The whole concept of not displaying "Recorded Video" kind of breaks down when you actually think about it. Chaturbate does allow images to be displayed as stated in their terms and conditions.

Independent Broadcasters may, upon concept review by our support team, utilize cartoons, avatars, and other interactive digitally created images provided that such cartoons, avatars, or images

Since they don't get specific about it this could also be a GIF. There is no way to tell if a visual provided is a GIF or a recorded video with no sound.
The safest approach as stated in the T&Cs is to ask if certain images or GIFs are allowed and this is stated as a requirement in the T&Cs.

This is why i'm confused by the rule. Because they do allow image overlays, this is obvious but there is no possible way they can tell if a moving image is a gif or a video.

If you where asking a question specifically about BRB screens and not just about video overlays in general I would expect additional clarification on this. This is why i'm asking personally because I don't think the response you provided gives an actual clear insight into what is / isn't allowed from the perspective of the Model. If GIFS are allowed then yes looping recorded video will also be allowed because there is no conceivable way Chaturbate can tell the difference between the 2 unless you kept sound on.

Last edited:
Since they don't get specific about it this could also be a GIF. There is no way to tell if a visual provided is a GIF or a recorded video with no sound.
Just because a video is in a .gif dosnt mean it is no longer a video... A video is a sequence of images so any animated image or moving image would be a video.

Independent Broadcasters may, upon concept review by our support team, utilize cartoons, avatars, and other interactive digitally created images provided that such cartoons, avatars, or images
The key word there is interactive.

I should note reading the Terms and Conditions or Model Agreement and acknowledging these terms is always the best approach but i've documented over 20 sites now and there is always a weird double-speak between what is mentioned and what is used for Modals for certain rules.

These rules generally fall under stuff that is allowed but only under certain conditions and isn't stated in the rules specifically. This is why asking support reps and looking for additional sources of information is sometimes useful.

It's also why if someone ever says "Just read the rules" and you'll understand everything is a complete load of nonsense.

Reactions: Brit and KingMarti
Just because a video is in a .gif dosnt mean it is no longer a video... A video is a sequence of images so any animated image or moving image would be a video.

By all standards an animated GIF is not a Video, it is an animated image. If Chaturbate are concerned about not displaying recorded "Video" specifically they are likely more worried about the format than the content. Either way it's better just to ask Chaturbate about this specific issue instead of making assumptions.

This includes myself btw as well @KingMarti. I feel i've made some assumptions about recorded video with sound being allowed but now I think about it i've never seen a recorded video with sound being used in a BRB screen or end screen. Similarly they always loop.

Last edited:

The key word there is interactive.

Apologies I didn't crop the full thing haha. This is for the recorded video statement though and not for the images / GIFs. It's confusing when you read for the first time because they basically say "This isn't allowed". Except actually these specific things are lol

By all *my* standards an animated GIF is not a Video, it is an animated image. If Chaturbate are concerned about not displaying recorded "Video" specifically they are likely more worried about the format than the content. Either way it's better just to ask Chaturbate about this specific issue instead of making assumptions.
Video is a generic term used for moving images...so if an image is animated its a video regardless of the file format it is in.

Video is a generic term used for moving images...so if an image is animated its a video regardless of the file format it is in.

It's not. Look up the proper definitions of a video vs an animated gif.

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 13.23.01.png
(https://explain.ninja/blog/whats-the-difference-between-a-gif-and-a-video/)

A GIF is defined by what it lacks. Namely any possibility to add an audio component, a limited colour palette, the inability to be recorded directly from a video camera or phone and the framerate which is capped.

Normally this wouldn't make a huge difference because I think informally i'd say a GIF is just a video in the same way you have. These are the terms and conditions though so they will be written in legalese. This makes the distinction more important.

Last edited:
It's not. Look up the proper definitions of a video vs an animated gif.

View attachment 100965
(https://explain.ninja/blog/whats-the-difference-between-a-gif-and-a-video/)

A GIF is defined by what it lacks. Namely any possibility to add an audio component, a limited colour palette, the inability to be recorded directly from a video camera or phone and the framerate which is capped.

Normally this wouldn't make a huge difference because I think informally i'd say a GIF is just a video in the same way you have. These are the terms and conditions though so they will be written in legalese. This makes the distinction more important.
So a silent movie is not a video? If I record a video with no sound that is also not a video?

also gifs do not have to have a limited color palette, you can encode HDR video into a gif at full 10bit depth, the file size is ungodly large but you can do it. And there is no cap on a gifs frame rate, you can also record video directly to gif, so the random site you pulled that definition from is wrong on the capability of gif.

pulling a definition from a random site is all well and good, you'll find a site supporting anything you want, finding a credible source for that information is a lot harder though. Here is the actual definition as defined in the dictionary:

a recording of moving visual images made digitally or on videotape.

Telling people they can use an animated gif on a brb screen when support have explicitly said that no pre recorded / non interactive content can be used can lead to someone having issues with warnings and bans. You are right that people should confirm for themselves with support but the side of caution is not to use an animated gif (how would cb know that your animated gif is a gif and not an .MP4?).

Take apart an animated gif and an MP4, image wise they are the same, they have the same properties, and since you can have videos without sound the inclusion of sound can't be what defines a video.

Reactions: Brit and Vixxen81
I mean is an animated image really the hill you want your cam career to die on? Just don't do it. Jeez.

Reactions: Rytar and KingMarti
I mean is an animated image really the hill you want your cam career to die on? Just don't do it. Jeez.

No haha. I'm well aware this is a gray area but saying a GIF is a video is a legal gray area as well. By exact definitions an animated GIF isn't a video but none of that matters if Chaturbate says it doesn't lol

I've sent them an email and received the first response so i'll keep badgering them.

So a silent movie is not a video? If I record a video with no sound that is also not a video?
A Silent Movie is a Movie or a Film not a Video lol. It doesn't have synchronised audio so it can't be a video. I'm not sure why you keep dying on this hill.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_film#:~:text=A silent film is a,use of inter-title cards.)

Telling people they can use an animated gif on a brb screen when support have explicitly said that no pre recorded / non interactive content can be used can lead to someone having issues with warnings and bans
I'm not telling people to do this at all please don't put words into my mouth. I'm saying it happens and to be safe using an image is a better idea for the moment until I can get some clarification on what is allowed. This is an age old question with the site that hasn't ever really been answered properly to my own knowledge and giving the response that no form of looping or animated image is allowed is also disingenuous.

you can encode HDR video into a gif at full 10bit depth
No you can't. The .gif format is a fixed and rather outdated format. If you mean some other variation of a GIF then maybe but it's like the difference between JSON and JSON5 one allows comments, the other doesn't. They are not the same format.

Last edited:
No haha. I'm well aware this is a gray area but saying a GIF is a video is a legal gray area as well.
it's actually not grey at all, you can check the definition of video in black's law dictionary and it would cover an animated gif.

VIDEO

Source of visual multimedia with moving pictures
source:https://thelawdictionary.org/?s=video
I've sent them an email and received the first response so i'll keep badgering them.
you'll get the best responses if you ask one question per ticket. super inconvenient and a pain in the ass but I find if you ask multiple questions they pick one to answer.
A Silent Movie is a Movie or a Film not a Video lol. It doesn't have synchronised audio so it can't be a video. I'm not sure why you keep dying on this hill.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_film#:~:text=A silent film is a,use of inter-title cards.)
a movie would be a video because the definition of video is moving pictures
I'm not telling people to do this at all please don't put words into my mouth. I'm saying it happens and to be safe using an image is a better idea for the moment until I can get some clarification on what is allowed. This is an age old question with the site that hasn't ever really been answered properly to my own knowledge and giving the response that nothing is allowed or looping GIFs aren't is disingenuous.
yes an image...as in something that does not move since that would be a video. if you have a gif on a brb screen and not an MP4 how would a site know the difference as the data is the same when it hits their servers.

Anyway, I'm done, you have the dictionary and legal definition, video is a series of moving pictures.

Reactions: Brit
you'll get the best responses if you ask one question per ticket. super inconvenient and a pain in the ass but I find if you ask multiple questions they pick one to answer.
Nope. It's much better to ask multiple questions in a single query because there is always a delay between the responses. It does depend on the site but Chaturbate do a good job in answering all the questions in a relatively timely manner usually. I've sent over 20 emails in the space of less than 6 months. I've done over 200 for various different Cam Sites.

Only 2 sites struggled to answer all the questions I posed in an email: CamSoda & Amateur.tv. Which are both likely due to a language barrier. Especially Amateur.tv which is primarily Spanish speaking

Whichever definition Chaturbate has chosen to use will be apparent once I get a response. If they say a GIF is a video then that's fine and i'll post the response here.