AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Cam Site soon to launch

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a bunch who smell bullshit and unprofessionalism a mile away. And it's called on pretty quick. Pull a 'Bonga' here and the mocking just becomes a fun pastime for one and all.

View attachment 57470

The rating system has caused quite a bit of confusion (and annoyance) on mfc since it only rates what someone thinks of a models profile and has no bearing on anything else in life. Yet many mistakenly think it does more like rank them higher on the homepage or give them more money somehow. On your site is the rating set up to actually do anything? Will it just be a marker of the aesthetics of the overall look, or is there some other reason for even including it at all?

And the profile being part of the main look and layout of the live stream as well brings up one other question. Do you give the models the ability to modify that page in any way through html and css coding? Currently that is a possibility for profiles on some other sites.

The rating system on this site really only has one purpose and it sorts models on the "top rated" tab on the homepage. The customization question has been raised before and at this time there is no way for models to customize their page outside of the images, videos, and "spoil me" sections. We will be looking to add customization in the future, but first we want a few other features to catch on.

We made the profile and webcam one page so there is no popup to view the profile. The goal was for an attractive and clean layout with larger webcam window.

I'm not really a fan of this. What happens if I want to look at a model's profile while watching her cam? I'd have to open a second window anyways, and then her cam would be open twice. This would also be a problem if I wanted to look a model's profile while watching another model, since it would also bring up her cam as well. Also, would I show up as being in the room in this situation? If so it could be a problem if I just wanted to look at her profile and not actually participate in the room. I assume you borrowed this idea from Streamate, but they don't sell videos/pic sets/etc. on their profiles so people don't spend much time looking at them, and they also don't show which members are in the room.

The rating system on this site really only has one purpose and it sorts models on the "top rated" tab on the homepage. The customization question has been raised before and at this time there is no way for models to customize their page outside of the images, videos, and "spoil me" sections. We will be looking to add customization in the future, but first we want a few other features to catch on.
If you're gonna have your ratings actually mean something at least make it so only people who have tipped can do so. Otherwise you get people just hating on girls cause they are in "competition" with their favorite, or try to threaten girls to give them free stuff or they'll rate them bad and so on. Randoms should not be able to effect that rating at all.

Yeah I've never been a fan of the profile on camfeed page thing. I look at a lot of profiles when I am either on my model account and don't want to accidentally disturb a room or just when I don't feel like entering one for whatever reason. I tend to use them to scope out a girl from either ACF or Twitter. If I was always thrust into their room when I did so I'd be pretty much permanently signed out of my account and I'd be much less likely to view profiles in general, which would mean checking out less girls.

I'm not really a fan of this. What happens if I want to look at a model's profile while watching her cam? I'd have to open a second window anyways, and then her cam would be open twice. This would also be a problem if I wanted to look a model's profile while watching another model, since it would also bring up her cam as well. Also, would I show up as being in the room in this situation? If so it could be a problem if I just wanted to look at her profile and not actually participate in the room. I assume you borrowed this idea from Streamate, but they don't sell videos/pic sets/etc. on their profiles so people don't spend much time looking at them, and they also don't show which members are in the room.

The idea was never borrowed. It is the design concept I wanted for the website. Unfortunately, to watch the cam model and view the profile would be an issue if that is your style. The broadcasts have a mute button so if you did pull up another model you could mute and not have interfering sounds. But ultimately, it's these desires that will be the pros and cons of the website. Where as a company we lose models and members and at the end of the day I must keep the ship pointing in the direction I have envisioned. I apologize if our layout does not suit your experience and I hope you will still tryout the website.

Thank you for your post!

Yeah I've never been a fan of the profile on camfeed page thing. I look at a lot of profiles when I am either on my model account and don't want to accidentally disturb a room or just when I don't feel like entering one for whatever reason. I tend to use them to scope out a girl from either ACF or Twitter. If I was always thrust into their room when I did so I'd be pretty much permanently signed out of my account and I'd be much less likely to view profiles in general, which would mean checking out less girls.

I was never under the impression that viewing on this site would sign a model out of her account. Something I will look into.

If you're gonna have your ratings actually mean something at least make it so only people who have tipped can do so. Otherwise you get people just hating on girls cause they are in "competition" with their favorite, or try to threaten girls to give them free stuff or they'll rate them bad and so on. Randoms should not be able to effect that rating at all.

What I can do is set the ability to rate at a higher level. It would make the tab insignificant at the launch but once members are established could be useful.

What I can do is set the ability to rate at a higher level. It would make the tab insignificant at the launch but once members are established could be useful.
That really doesn't stop some guys from being jerks to other models or threatening for content or shows. Just cause they have money to spend doesn't mean they don't do stuff like that cause they do on SM and MFC already. It means nothing on MFC but they try it all the time. And on sm girls have to contact support to get ratings removed constantly from guys being jerks. Happens everyday.

That really doesn't stop some guys from being jerks to other models or threatening for content or shows. Just cause they have money to spend doesn't mean they don't do stuff like that cause they do on SM and MFC already. It means nothing on MFC but they try it all the time. And on sm girls have to contact support to get ratings removed constantly from guys being jerks. Happens everyday.

If this is a major concern, then what I can do is just remove the rating system entirely. One less tab on the homepage. That seems reasonable and I'm sure would only take my developer a moment to remove.

You only have one chance to make a first impression. So while financially I am sure you want it sooner, its better to wait within reason. The hard and fast rule of software development is you can have a software project: right, on time, or on budget. Pick one, two if you are really good.

You only have one chance to make a first impression. So while financially I am sure you want it sooner, its better to wait within reason. The hard and fast rule of software development is you can have a software project: right, on time, or on budget. Pick one, two if you are really good.

I very much like this comment. Well, as you know it is no longer on time! As for budget, I entered the project with the philosophy of whatever it takes. So I will choose one: right! Haha great post, thank you.

I think removing the rating feature is a good idea...the site will be none the worse for it.

Apologies is this has been covered already, but I hope there will be a Friend List. a private message system and an internal mail system. I see a "leave a message" link so I'm assuming there is. Also, stats, notes etc are great for us t have.

But please don't let us dictate and distract.

I like the sample page. It's similar to MFC but then it's bound to be as that's a layout which is proven to work. Actually, I love the page. I like the room list showing (on some sites this has to opened at the expense of the chat window). I'm looking forward to seeing the page from the model's side.

We are a bunch who smell bullshit and unprofessionalism a mile away. And it's called on pretty quick. Pull a 'Bonga' here and the mocking just becomes a fun pastime for one and all.

And that BongaCamDude? The site is doing pretty well...who would have guessed? Nealry all the traffic is from Russia so I guess he found his niche market.

Reactions: SoTxBob and Gen
I forgot mention this! I know a lot of models don't do this but I love watch members' cams while I'm in free chat (not in a saucy way...they have to tip for that) but just to see a new hat or what they've made for lunch. The best site for this is MFC as the member cam opens in a small pop up and I can open several at a time without blocking my view. On all other sites it opens as a full page and even if moved to a separate monitor it fills the screen.

I assume cam to cam is possible in private, too.

Man, I need to read through this whole thread again...so many questions about traffic, time zones (I'm in the UK), payment methods etc. I know I saw it all there somewhere. I'll make coffee...

Most people on Streammate don't even bother to read profiles, even when the model's topic directs them to. There's an incessant stream of "what u do in pvt bb", when simply scrolling would tell them.

Reactions: RebeccaT
Sorry, it's me again. I should have put all these small posts into one large one.

In our application we ask for your Twitter account and Instagram account. We want to see that a model has a following.

And if a model doesn't have a large Twitter following?

People give stupid, mean, vindictive, asshole ratings/reviews on Amazon, Angie's List, Yelp, Metacritic, ratemyprofessor.com etc and hey even ACF. However, my experience is that generally there is wisdom in the crowds and crowd source ratings are more accurate than not. Pretty much everybody involved in providing products or services gets rated on the internet, I don't know why camgirls should be treated differently. Not every model on SM is really 5 stars although you'd hardly know that looking at the front page

Before giving a model money for something I'd like to have some idea of what other members experience has been. I think restricting to members of a certain level makes a lot of sense, if I guy hasn't spent money he can't give me useful feedback.. My only request is that you make it clear that ratings are not on hotness. I've got eyes I don't need info on that. We do need information on is are her videos good, are her private shows sexy or does she spend 5 minutes looking for a sex toy, does she really do what she says in Gold shows etc. For a new website I don't think you need anything fancy but a 1-5 star or 1-10 rating would be helpful.

There's noooo way people wouldn't rate on hotness and "did she immediately hammer herself with a 12" dildo when I tipped 25 tokens", imo. They had ratings on MyGirlFund and it was essentially useless because, again, you either rate five stars and say something nice or get into a fight with the model and get banned. ExtraLunchMoney has reviews for each transaction where they can say "Gen makes the best videos, great quality, delivered promptly" (lol) but that's so much more direct than "rate this camgirl". Even on Streamate it's meant to be rated per show, and we still have to contact support to get unfair reviews removed because they give us one star for refusing to break site rules. How would ratings affect models who only do public shows?

Imo the ratings would be moot because everyone will use different criteria for whether a model is 4 or 5 stars and it likely won't tell you much anyways.

But that's just my thoughts :D

I think removing the rating feature is a good idea...the site will be none the worse for it.

Apologies is this has been covered already, but I hope there will be a Friend List. a private message system and an internal mail system. I see a "leave a message" link so I'm assuming there is. Also, stats, notes etc are great for us t have.

But please don't let us dictate and distract.

I like the sample page. It's similar to MFC but then it's bound to be as that's a layout which is proven to work. Actually, I love the page. I like the room list showing (on some sites this has to opened at the expense of the chat window). I'm looking forward to seeing the page from the model's side.

And that BongaCamDude? The site is doing pretty well...who would have guessed? Nealry all the traffic is from Russia so I guess he found his niche market.

There is an internal mail system, friends list and private message system. Stats exist for tokens, as well.

Reactions: Teagan and RebeccaT
There's noooo way people wouldn't rate on hotness and "did she immediately hammer herself with a 12" dildo when I tipped 25 tokens", imo. They had ratings on MyGirlFund and it was essentially useless because, again, you either rate five stars and say something nice or get into a fight with the model and get banned. ExtraLunchMoney has reviews for each transaction where they can say "Gen makes the best videos, great quality, delivered promptly" (lol) but that's so much more direct than "rate this camgirl". Even on Streamate it's meant to be rated per show, and we still have to contact support to get unfair reviews removed because they give us one star for refusing to break site rules. How would ratings affect models who only do public shows?

Imo the ratings would be moot because everyone will use different criteria for whether a model is 4 or 5 stars and it likely won't tell you much anyways.

But that's just my thoughts :D

We will be removing the rating system and seeing how that works. I do not see many issues arising with the removal.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen and RebeccaT
People give stupid, mean, vindictive, asshole ratings/reviews on Amazon, Angie's List, Yelp, Metacritic, ratemyprofessor.com etc and hey even ACF. However, my experience is that generally there is wisdom in the crowds and crowd source ratings are more accurate than not. Pretty much everybody involved in providing products or services gets rated on the internet, I don't know why camgirls should be treated differently. Not every model on SM is really 5 stars although you'd hardly know that looking at the front page

Before giving a model money for something I'd like to have some idea of what other members experience has been. I think restricting to members of a certain level makes a lot of sense, if I guy hasn't spent money he can't give me useful feedback.. My only request is that you make it clear that ratings are not on hotness. I've got eyes I don't need info on that. We do need information on is are her videos good, are her private shows sexy or does she spend 5 minutes looking for a sex toy, does she really do what she says in Gold shows etc. For a new website I don't think you need anything fancy but a 1-5 star or 1-10 rating would be helpful.

I believe the best course for now it to remove the current rating system and see how this works as a trial. Obviously it favors the models, but I will look into the topic much more and see if incorporating a system for higher level members works best. I think it will and can be a useful feature in the near future. Again, this is where leveling provides some structure for the website. Giving these responsibilities to higher members should result in a reliable system.

Sorry, it's me again. I should have put all these small posts into one large one.

And if a model doesn't have a large Twitter following?

We want to see that a model is promoting. The size of an account is not the focus. Does the model have a following, a personal website, etc.? There is no punishment for not having them, just a gauge on a models experience.

Looking at your sample page...camscore? Really?

That does not exist. It shows on the sample page and is one of the reasons I stated 90% of existing. What you see on this sample does not mean it currently exists. We are removing the only rating system we have and will be looking to incorporate a high level member system in the future.

I forgot mention this! I know a lot of models don't do this but I love watch members' cams while I'm in free chat (not in a saucy way...they have to tip for that) but just to see a new hat or what they've made for lunch. The best site for this is MFC as the member cam opens in a small pop up and I can open several at a time without blocking my view. On all other sites it opens as a full page and even if moved to a separate monitor it fills the screen.

I assume cam to cam is possible in private, too.

Man, I need to read through this whole thread again...so many questions about traffic, time zones (I'm in the UK), payment methods etc. I know I saw it all there somewhere. I'll make coffee...

Cam to cam is incorporated. For payment, since you are international you would have the option to use Payoneer. If you would like a mailed check, that is possible too, but would obviously take longer and the currency would be in $US.

Reactions: Gen and RebeccaT

I completely understand where you're coming from with this. As a member before you spend tokens on things you do want to know if the "product" is good and worth it. I for sure look at reviews on Amazon before buying and those ranks matter to me. All 1 star? I'm not going anywhere near it. Giant cat tree with very few bad ratings but mostly 5 stars? It's mine. So on a cam site I could see how you would want one too. Even some semblance of one. And asking her room if a vid is worth it doesnt help much. Of course her fans will say it's great. It's why I suggested making it only be possible to rate if people spent money on the girl herself. It solves that mostly.

On a lot of sites you can get ratings removed if they are obviously just mean and vindictive or out of place. Even on SM. Since this site is not offering that then there should be a way to limit it so assholes just arent abusing the system. Scenario: Take MFC top 20 for instance. The fans are rabid at times trying to get their girl higher and higher in ranks. They do a lot of things trying to mess with her "competition." If they knew they could all just go rank her badly to mess up her placement and help their fav girl out you know dang well they would in droves and try to get others to the site to do the same. Scenario 2: A girl pops on her first night and is met with the trove of guys who seek out new girls. Each one of them knows the system and demands free content, flashes, etc or they will down rate her and destroy her possibilities on the site before she's even had one night on the site.

I think we can all agree neither of these are really fair for the models in any way. The only way to even halfway prevent it is to make it so only tippers to her can rate her at all. It cuts off a lot of abuse in the system from douches. Rating her bad just for not being a blonde which he prefers would even happen. Now of course tippers are not saints or above abusing the system as well so making it so they have to tip her to rate her helps as well. Abusers with money are even less likely to tip just to rate bad. However there will still be some who do. In that instance the girls seeing who rated them what would come in to play and her being able to report a guy for rating her badly without reason would happen. And yes a lot of guys take models private on SM and demand things she told them NO to and will leave a bad rating for it. It's messed up so again girls can get those removed. Pretty easy then.

I do think there should be some system in place for members to be able to tell in some way if the model is a good one or not as we all know some girls are scammers as well. Having tippers only helps the girl in many ways and gives members a general idea that she comes through on her promises while keeping away from the bad eggs in the bunch. Members deserve protection too. So maybe there is a meet in the middle compromise to protect members and models and having it be tippers only is it or does anyone else have another suggestion that's better? I'm by no means saying my idea is the only idea or good one. :)

Maybe another idea is having ratings on her content at least You buy one of her vids and you get to rate or comment on it for instance. This would be a really cool feature to have. Off the top of my head no cam site does this. Might be a good idea though? Again only tippers could rate or comment but it would at the least tell members if content is worth buying and give them a taste of the model as well. If she describes as 10 minutes of all dildo play and it turns out to be just that he can give her a 5 star and comment how it's as described or hot or whatever. Helps the model sell more and gives other members an idea if they wanna buy it. If it turns out to be 8 minutes of talking and 2 minutes of play he can give a 1 star and comment how it's not what she said it was at all. This helps other members as a heads up to stay away from that vid and hurts the model from selling more vids with false advertising, as it should be. Also if model fails to ever give a password to member (scammy scammer style) a member could rate and comment as well again helping others on the site. Just an idea though and something that could be kept in mind for launch or to be implemented later on if people like it.

I completely understand where you're coming from with this. As a member before you spend tokens on things you do want to know if the "product" is good and worth it. I for sure look at reviews on Amazon before buying and those ranks matter to me. All 1 star? I'm not going anywhere near it. Giant cat tree with very few bad ratings but mostly 5 stars? It's mine. So on a cam site I could see how you would want one too. Even some semblance of one. And asking her room if a vid is worth it doesnt help much. Of course her fans will say it's great. It's why I suggested making it only be possible to rate if people spent money on the girl herself. It solves that mostly.

On a lot of sites you can get ratings removed if they are obviously just mean and vindictive or out of place. Even on SM. Since this site is not offering that then there should be a way to limit it so assholes just arent abusing the system. Scenario: Take MFC top 20 for instance. The fans are rabid at times trying to get their girl higher and higher in ranks. They do a lot of things trying to mess with her "competition." If they knew they could all just go rank her badly to mess up her placement and help their fav girl out you know dang well they would in droves and try to get others to the site to do the same. Scenario 2: A girl pops on her first night and is met with the trove of guys who seek out new girls. Each one of them knows the system and demands free content, flashes, etc or they will down rate her and destroy her possibilities on the site before she's even had one night on the site.

I think we can all agree neither of these are really fair for the models in any way. The only way to even halfway prevent it is to make it so only tippers to her can rate her at all. It cuts off a lot of abuse in the system from douches. Rating her bad just for not being a blonde which he prefers would even happen. Now of course tippers are not saints or above abusing the system as well so making it so they have to tip her to rate her helps as well. Abusers with money are even less likely to tip just to rate bad. However there will still be some who do. In that instance the girls seeing who rated them what would come in to play and her being able to report a guy for rating her badly without reason would happen. And yes a lot of guys take models private on SM and demand things she told them NO to and will leave a bad rating for it. It's messed up so again girls can get those removed. Pretty easy then.

I do think there should be some system in place for members to be able to tell in some way if the model is a good one or not as we all know some girls are scammers as well. Having tippers only helps the girl in many ways and gives members a general idea that she comes through on her promises while keeping away from the bad eggs in the bunch. Members deserve protection too. So maybe there is a meet in the middle compromise to protect members and models and having it be tippers only is it or does anyone else have another suggestion that's better? I'm by no means saying my idea is the only idea or good one. :)

Maybe another idea is having ratings on her content at least You buy one of her vids and you get to rate or comment on it for instance. This would be a really cool feature to have. Off the top of my head no cam site does this. Might be a good idea though? Again only tippers could rate or comment but it would at the least tell members if content is worth buying and give them a taste of the model as well. If she describes as 10 minutes of all dildo play and it turns out to be just that he can give her a 5 star and comment how it's as described or hot or whatever. Helps the model sell more and gives other members an idea if they wanna buy it. If it turns out to be 8 minutes of talking and 2 minutes of play he can give a 1 star and comment how it's not what she said it was at all. This helps other members as a heads up to stay away from that vid and hurts the model from selling more vids with false advertising, as it should be. Also if model fails to ever give a password to member (scammy scammer style) a member could rate and comment as well again helping others on the site. Just an idea though and something that could be kept in mind for launch or to be implemented later on if people like it.

Thank you for your valued post! This is a topic that will get careful consideration.

Reactions: QUINCY_UK
Thank you for your valued post! This is a topic that will get careful consideration.
Thanks. Above all else we all know this is your business and it will run how you wish it to. We know you cant make everyone happy. We can only give you some insight into the inside and how we would do things and such. We have often talked to other website developers and as mentioned your professionalism is much appreciated and respected.

This is well said and also a concern I have. Typical viewing from the guys I know is exactly this way. They have the pop-out of the cam feed/chat of " #1" and go wandering thru the feeds looking at other profiles to find others. Camfeed and chat without the rest is a very clean way to do it. If you have a several monitor setup, blipping in n out of huge pages isn't that much of an inconvenience, but for book or laptop users its a pain. Also as to the profile read without actually entering and disturbing the room, most definitely. This is especially evident @ CB as the one page with all on it is how they do it. When im curious about some gal that's got close to an empty room, I'd hate to get her hopes up for something if I just want to read her profile and maybe fav/follow her for a later visit..
Also, if there will be a room count for 'people watching' or in room, perhaps split it into guests and members. when you see rooms with a 759 room count and come to find its only composed of 35 members that can actually tip, its quite misleading. Many girls look at the large # and say 'I've got xxx and only you 5 tipping' when actually her # of members tipping ratio is quite good.

Maybe you could have an option to hide the cam feed so that people can look at a profile without it showing, and without them showing up in the room. And if you open a model's page while another feed is open it will default to being hidden.

We want to see that a model is promoting. The size of an account is not the focus. Does the model have a following, a personal website, etc.? There is no punishment for not having them, just a gauge on a models experience.
I just want to point out that the number of followers on social media does not equate to a models professionalism or experience level.

Status
Not open for further replies.