AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music on a Profile

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keltaric said:
AmberCutie said:
I hate having any sort of music auto-play on a profile. I used to hate that about Myspace, and I hate it even more with MFC profiles.

I honestly believe that this feature is probably in the top 10 reasons MySpace got so quickly and thoroughly trounced by Facebook. The auto-play music was absolutely brutal.

After I hit a few profiles with autoplaying music, I thought I was back in the early/mid 90s where people would embed midi files in their web pages. Ugh.

It is to the point now where if I hit a profile that has autoplay music, I not only shut down the profile, but I immediately hide/block the model. I just don't want to risk encountering it again.
But now you know it's not her fault sometimes, as Szia pointed out that he posts them in comments as an autoplay. Sucks that the model gets the short end of the stick without even knowing it sometimes. I check my comments every other day to make sure ridiculous comments/videos get deleted before they annoy anyone. Not all girls do the same, or even know how to delete comments.

AmberCutie said:
But now you know it's not her fault sometimes, as Szia pointed out that he posts them in comments as an autoplay. Sucks that the model gets the short end of the stick without even knowing it sometimes. I check my comments every other day to make sure ridiculous comments/videos get deleted before they annoy anyone. Not all girls do the same, or even know how to delete comments.

True. That is a good point and I'm glad to know that now.

Resurrected to post the most annoying music-auto-play profile I've come across.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/DelicateKiss

Make sure your speakers are up nice and loud like mine were when I went to check out her pics! ;)

1. Auto-play of music on profiles is fail. Most agree.
2. Only models should be able to put music/video on their own profiles at all. When you get a bunch of people posting numerous videos on a models page you get the "myspace effect" , so much stuff going on on your browser that it crashes.
3. I wish there was a way to disable the auto-playing of music by default, but it is probably difficult for MFC to do.

AmberCutie said:

Make sure your speakers are up nice and loud like mine were when I went to check out her pics! ;)

Didn't even realize they made bollywood techno. Also that page needs more glittery shit.

Btw about old posts...I used to argue with Szia alll the time on mfc about that autoplay commenting fuckwittery he's guilty of, and he'd basically call me a phillistine and swear on the bible that every model fucking loved it

AmberCutie said:

EAR POISON!!!!!!! *hides trembling in corner*

You can make it so people can't post images or youtube videos by logging into profiles.myfreecams.com, going to the Profile Settings tab, and adding these to the word filter: img iframe

Tada, no more auto play :D

But you can do movies only with iframe, heh, I just like to encourage people to keep my profile text-only. You can still see what they tried to post if you go in to the delete post page.

SZIA said:
:oops: Amber's Forum and everyone's posts are a force for good and have helped me see the light and the error of my ways. Many here have posted their reasons for objecting to auto-play of music on model profiles. Their well-written reasons have finally convinced me not to post any more auto-play music on other's profiles. Amber's forum is a much better place to offer opinions and resolve differences than the hateful exchanges that we see in the Member-Lounge.

Most models seem to like what I have posted but it does not help them succeed at MFC if it bugs the members who visit their profiles. I will keep posting the music that I think most models will enjoy, but I will not code it to auto-play. ;)

The tard is at it again! What a turn off it is to hear his auto-play shit on a model's profile AGAIN!

Attachments

• SZIA retard.jpg
    SZIA retard.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 306
Bocefish said:
SZIA said:
:oops: Amber's Forum and everyone's posts are a force for good and have helped me see the light and the error of my ways. Many here have posted their reasons for objecting to auto-play of music on model profiles. Their well-written reasons have finally convinced me not to post any more auto-play music on other's profiles. Amber's forum is a much better place to offer opinions and resolve differences than the hateful exchanges that we see in the Member-Lounge.

Most models seem to like what I have posted but it does not help them succeed at MFC if it bugs the members who visit their profiles. I will keep posting the music that I think most models will enjoy, but I will not code it to auto-play. ;)

The tard is at it again! What a turn off it is to hear his auto-play shit on a model's profile AGAIN!
Long time lurker 1st time poster, but I cant stand this anymore, Szia if you read this know that I just left a models page and didn't buy her pic set because I cant stand that horrendous song you force feed on us. If you really value the 1400 models you have listed as favorites then stop, you're not doing them any favors.

I also stopped visiting a number of models profiles and no longer felt like watching the models thanks to szia.

I for one post videos on my profile, but none are set on auto play. I think that if a member or model wishes to listen to any of the songs that it should be a choice and not a requirement. It is irritating to have your speakers up and all of a sudden have your ears hurt. Unless of course it is a decent song.
So I understand where you guys are coming from.
My videos consist of AC/DC, Electrik Red, Kanye west, Queen, Gym Class Heroes, Auburn, Billy Joel, and Kerli. None of my vids play automatically.
But I do agree auto play sucks major assballz.

Attachments

• profilescreen.jpg
    profilescreen.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 256
I had a little spat with mister MurrayLDN over an autoplay video of him singing. He posted it on every single models profile he could, then admitted to me in pm he did it to get hits on his video. I laid into him pretty good about disrupting peoples workplace. We did not get along for a long time after that. Most models likely don't want to hurt the members feelings by telling them they hate it. I don't know if hearing it from a model did any good, but I hope it did.

BTW months back I reported Szia to EMI records hoping they'd force youtube to remove his gayass 'music and pictures' video...but no dice :(

I just told SZIA (In the lounge) to stop loading his auto-play crap on model's profiles. He asked me why and I said you know why from what you learned in Amber's forum...

SZIA: If someone's autoplay music turns you against a model, you would probably find many other things that annoy you also..... so good-riddance to psychotic visitors

The attention whoring moron doesn't care if it hurts the models apparently.

I tried to autoplay rickroll his profile today but only friends can post apparently - which kind of explains his claim that every model who posts on his page says they love the music! I guess he moderates the naysayers lol.

Ok, I'm holding my hands up on this one too :naughty: as I have had a few tracks listed on my own profile page (oops!) autoplaying over the last couple months. In my defense I tended to choose a decent track, make sure the volume was set down and so far all I got was positive responses from those that heard it. However I can see the point made here and have now banished autoplay.

In fairness, when I have posted a Yuotube link on anyone's wall in the past I have NEVER set it to autoplay, allowing visitors and owner of the page to view as they wish as I understand that when a wall has several autoplay vids running it screws with bandwidth as well as being irritating to visitors. Cheers.

AmberCutie said:
SZIA said:

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

======================================================================
I recently changed my mind about posting autoplay music on model profiles. I keep getting thankyou's from models and have decided that, if a few members are so vindictive towards a model because of the music in her profile, she is probably much better-off not having to deal with a person who is so vindictive that he is willing to boycott her or threaten her into removing some song that he does not like . What is his reaction to autoplay music that the model decides to post? .... Good riddance to that type of disturbed member who can easily turn down his audio-volume when he looks at a profile containing music that does not meet his standards. We all have to constantly adjust our listening volume every time we enter different model-rooms, so why is it so disturbing to
do it when we open a model profile? If no one posted autoplay music on profiles and every room had a perfect audio-level, what else would anger this type of person? A few of these guys have told me that they are campaigning to boycott models who do not remove this music. Well, go ahead with your grand little boycott plan. These models will be better-off not having to deal with you.

WickedTouch said:
Ok, I'm holding my hands up on this one too :naughty: as I have had a few tracks listed on my own profile page (oops!) autoplaying over the last couple months. In my defense I tended to choose a decent track, make sure the volume was set down and so far all I got was positive responses from those that heard it. However I can see the point made here and have now banished autoplay.

In fairness, when I have posted a Yuotube link on anyone's wall in the past I have NEVER set it to autoplay, allowing visitors and owner of the page to view as they wish as I understand that when a wall has several autoplay vids running it screws with bandwidth as well as being irritating to visitors. Cheers.

=====================================================================
I get mostly thankyous also, and one reason for that is that I never post an autoplay on a profile that already has autoplay on their page. Another thing to consider is that any autoplay music that irritates someone will ultimately disappear as additional posts are made which ultimately pushes the autoplay music off of page-1 onto page-2 ........ and so on.

SZIA said:
AmberCutie said:
SZIA said:

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

======================================================================
I recently changed my mind about posting autoplay music on model profiles. I keep getting thankyou's from models and have decided that, if a few members are so vindictive towards a model because of the music in her profile, she is probably much better-off not having to deal with a person who is so vindictive that he is willing to boycott her or threaten her into removing some song that he does not like . What is his reaction to autoplay music that the model decides to post? .... Good riddance to that type of disturbed member who can easily turn down his audio-volume when he looks at a profile containing music that does not meet his standards. We all have to constantly adjust our listening volume every time we enter different model-rooms, so why is it so disturbing to
do it when we open a model profile? If no one posted autoplay music on profiles and every room had a perfect audio-level, what else would anger this type of person? A few of these guys have told me that they are campaigning to boycott models who do not remove this music. Well, go ahead with your grand little boycott plan. These models will be better-off not having to deal with you.

Also consider this:
I get mostly thankyous, and one reason for that is I never post an autoplay song on a profile that already has autoplay music on their page. Another thing to consider is that any autoplay music that irritates someone will ultimately disappear as additional posts are made which will push the autoplay music off of page-1 onto page-2 ........ and so on, down the line. I wonder if those who threaten and boycott these models have thought about posting some nice, creative stuff of their own on these pages until my post disappears onto page-2 . It seems to me that this would be a much nicer and easier way to deal with something that angers them so much.

SZIA said:
I get mostly thankyous, and one reason for that is I never post an autoplay song on a profile that already has autoplay music on their page.

You get thankyous because you moderate your comments, and only allow 'friends' to post. If a model wanted to listen to your shitty music she could hit play herself, you're just an attention whore who prefers to force things on people rather than let them decide for themselves.

@SZIA
The reason you get mostly thankyous is because some models are scared to hurt their regulars feelings. Consider our side of the deal having to tell someone that you didn't like the gift they made you. Even if it is a selfish gift.
You ARE losing your favorite models money! This is their job and you are disrupting their workplace!
I often will browse profiles from me prem account while my house is all quiet and my roommate is asleep. I am a pretty big tipper too so yes my opinion on this counts.
Let me set the mood...

It's just past midnight and a calm quiet settles down in coolsville. Jolene slips into some jammies and settles in for a bit of the ol' pervin. It is late so she decides to scope out some new girls to give her money too. Her roommate settled in bed 15 minutes ago and is already peacefully dreaming.
Jolene spies something right away! Who is this romanian she-devil? Jolene must no more! She must read all the info on her profile.
She has left her volume up as to hear the quiet blip of her yahoo messenger.
Quickly she clicks on the profile link, excited to meet her new girl when BLAM-O her quiet house is filled with some dance beat noise pollution!
Her heart jumps out of her chest out of pure startle! Her roommate is running through the halls confused as to why the house is exploding around her! Quickly Jolene closes the profile out of fear, never to return again. Sadly this was a sweet girl that Jolene would have really liked but her heart is still beating like a lab rat from the raping of her ears.
But it's ok SZIA. She's better off without me, right?

JJ I love the sense of drama in the narrative, I felt like I WAS in coolsville, heart beating like a lab-rat!

Reactions: JoleneBrody
JoleneJolene said:
@SZIA
The reason you get mostly thankyous is because some models are scared to hurt their regulars feelings. Consider our side of the deal having to tell someone that you didn't like the gift they made you. Even if it is a selfish gift.
You ARE losing your favorite models money! This is their job and you are disrupting their workplace!

Thank you soooo much JoJo :h:

For somebody that considers himself intelligent, szia is an idiot. He just wants more hits on youtube. If it truly was for the models, he wouldn't force feed it on them. He preys on new models because he knows they don't want to lose a possible tipper and tell him to fuck off, as JJ so eloquently stated above.

I counted 2, or maybe even 3 models that have thanked him on his poorly rated rated profile. That's a seriously shitty percentage of positive feedback compared to the mass spamming he does. Anyone with functioning brain cells would get the hint, unless it was for purely selfish reasons. It's obvious he doesn't care that it adversely affects models by losing them money and future fans.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Bocefish said:
For somebody that considers himself intelligent, szia is an idiot. He just wants more hits on youtube. If it truly was for the models, he wouldn't force feed it on them. He preys on new models because he knows they don't want to lose a possible tipper and tell him to fuck off, as JJ so eloquently stated above.

I counted 2, or maybe even 3 models that have thanked him on his poorly rated rated profile. That's a seriously shitty percentage of positive feedback compared to the mass spamming he does. Anyone with functioning brain cells would get the hint, unless it was for purely selfish reasons. It's obvious he doesn't care that it adversely affects models by losing them money and future fans.
Yeah, and I highly doubt he ever visits 90% of those models. The only place I ever see him online is in the Lounge so if those new models think he's going to become a tipper for them, they are sadly mistaken.

To any potential models reading this- if you get his video on your profile, delete the comment right away. You'll be better off for it in the long run. Better to annoy one potential customer than annoy 10 or 20 or more.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Mikeythegeek said:
Bocefish said:

Yeah, and I highly doubt he ever visits 90% of those models. The only place I ever see him online is in the Lounge so if those new models think he's going to become a tipper for them, they are sadly mistaken.

To any potential models reading this- if you get his video on your profile, delete the comment right away. You'll be better off for it in the long run. Better to annoy one potential customer than annoy 10 or 20 or more.

Bocefish , that is good advice. No model needs to take the trouble to tell me to Fuck-Off, she can merely delete my post if she does not like it........ no drama and no hurt-feelings. We all know that most models are too busy to rate profiles or send thankyous to those who spend very little money on private shows. LOL- I bet my low profile ratings are from those members who hate that song and have been rude to me in the Lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.