AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC crashes again

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this thread back from the dying for the following...

After yesterday's massive fail, I decided to write to MFC to ask them basically 'WTF is going on?" After discussing things with a couple of other members regarding what they had heard from reliable sources about the causes of the crashes (basically, confirming things I had guessed in a post earlier in this thread), I sent them the following message.

To whom it may concern...

As a customer to MFC, I have been quite unhappy with the recent run of crashes and other interruptions to the site over the last few weeks. I know that I am not alone in my lack of satisfaction with these recent events. I know that some models have taken to using other cam sites to do their work because of the issues here. I know that some members have discussed not buying tokens in the future due to these issues. And I'm sure that it has been hard on you as well.

I do not wish to ask for any special favors from MFC because of the instability. All I would like to ask for is just an explanation to everyone in the MFC community as to why these crashes continue to happen. I know that quite a few of those who have been unhappy with the site in recent weeks have been more displeased at the lack of communication as to what is going on. If everyone sees some message explaining why MFC is having these issues, it will definitely make everyone calm down and probably reduce the number of people considering leaving MFC.

This is a good site and it's one that I visit regularly. I don't want to see all the work that's been put in to make MFC what it is go to waste. Regardless of what the issues are, good luck in getting them solved.

I have received a reply, and it says the following...

Sorry for the inconvenience. It is impossible for us to answer all of
the emails from every member that writes when there is a site error.

We've been doing some maintenance to help improve overall site
stability, and we hope to have things operating smoothly soon.

Katie
http://www.MyFreeCams.com

Not as much as I was hoping, but it still backs up a little bit of what I'm hearing. So let's just calm down and have some patience.

Shame they can't just have a set day when they put it down and get everything sorted that day, instead of going down on people for a few hours every few days or so.

Maybe they crash so often to let the MFC addicts do other things like housework and stuff that they didn't get to do before, coz of their addiction haha.

That's the same "Katie go to" email I got last year, 3 months ago and last week....not any new info there...just a copy pate kinda thing. :(

AngelicTease said:
Shame they can't just have a set day when they put it down and get everything sorted that day, instead of going down on people for a few hours every few days or so.

Are you kidding?

If they took MFC down for a whole day, the GDP of Romania would crash.

:p

If they're going to be doing maintenance they should at least give us a heads up like a day before hand and tell us how long they're going to be. I REALLY hate the lack of communication that they provide. It's ridiculous.

Teagz said:
If they're going to be doing maintenance they should at least give us a heads up like a day before hand and tell us how long they're going to be. I REALLY hate the lack of communication that they provide. It's ridiculous.

Exactly! We all understand sometimes it's not possible to give a lengthy advanced warning, but any warning is better than none. Of course, that would imply that MFC actually gave a shit.

why not allocate an hour or 90 minutes during a quiet time every week and take the site offline to do maintenance and updates. a lot like ebay used to do

One of the only cams that will still load, and such a cute but sad image.

Attachments

• zoeymfcfail.jpg
    zoeymfcfail.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 611
I crashed during a group show and had no idea the site had crashed. The UI was perfectly intact, there were people in group, the token counter froze and I just kept banging myself, by myself, in my room. For no reason.
That makes me feel not-so-sexy, it makes me feel a bit exploited.

LovelyLemon said:
I crashed during a group show and had no idea the site had crashed. The UI was perfectly intact, there were people in group, the token counter froze and I just kept banging myself, by myself, in my room. For no reason.
That makes me feel not-so-sexy, it makes me feel a bit exploited.
That's what happened yesterday before the BIG crash, I was just about to end group and noticed the token count stopped, and no one was saying anything in the group chat. I wonder if this is another big one.

Alex20mfl said:
Man! Zoey was about to do a cumshow too!

Wait a minute!?!?! GoddessZoey? I didn't the get the memo about MFC cams working in a reverse alphabetical order!?!?!?
:) poor zoey!!!

AngelicTease said:

Maybe they crash so often to let the MFC addicts do other things like housework and stuff that they didn't get to do before, coz of their addiction haha.
Yes i need MFC Rehab with Dr. Drew for about a month! MFC could quite possibly be the downfall of me :?

Mikeythegeek said:
Eva_ChangeN said:
That's the same "Katie go to" email I got last year, 3 months ago and last week....not any new info there...just a copy pate kinda thing. :(

Well, it's more than I've ever heard from them. Thanks for being a killjoy. :p

No Problem...its what I'm good at...and if your good at something you should stick with it :cool: lol

Mikeythegeek said:
BUMP!

For another large crash.
No doubt. Friday night... End of month... I'm sure the MFC admin's know how much revenue they (and the models) are losing, but... yeah, still sucks!

On a bright note, this is my first #MFCFAIL. I feel like I should celebrate :eek:ccasion-cake: but I'm a little :angry4:

It's both the end of the week AND the end of the payperiod... plus the second payperiod... so every model no matter what sort of goal system they use is going crazy trying to meet it tonight...

My goal isn't site specific, so I can log on Streamate tomorrow morning to get the last $10 for this week. :p

Mikeythegeek said:
This is pretty long compared to normal crashes. Almost 35 minutes now.
No doubt. I thought maybe there would be a notice on the MFC twitter feed, but no dice. Only one tweet - from Dec '09. And nothing recent that I could find on the MFC wiki page. Do they have some type of notification policy or site other than those about uptime issues?

I'm sitting naked on my floor in usual MFC position chatting with Bawksy and Mikey on gchat and Tweeting. Lulz, I guess this is as good as it gets tonight.

AmberCutie said:
I'm sitting naked on my floor in usual MFC position chatting with Bawksy and Mikey on gchat and Tweeting. Lulz, I guess this is as good as it gets tonight.
NVM Mikey bailed on me LOL. :lol:

I'm still in my tub! hahaha. I thought about getting out, but it's so damn warm and relaxing... still mad at MFC though!! GRRRR!

Status
Not open for further replies.