AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC crashes again

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they'd give the models some type of update telling us if they are trying to fix it. GRRRR!!

admitting there is a problem is admitting there is responsibility for it.

please Leo, prove me wrong...

I'm with Fenix on this, Leo hasn't even acknowledged there's an issue either in the lounge or on the models admin page. :woops:

Not a crash issue, but SMS notifications haven't worked for me since the early afternoon of Jan 13th. I know they're non-functional for the US, but does anyone else in Canada use them?

I was kinda hoping they might mention it when they sent us models the "money sent" notification....

in a perfect world, we'd get a message saying they were upgrading on "such and such date" and due to all the money us models have lost, we'd get $0.07 per token this pay period....Actually dreamed that happened last night x.x

I said this is a tweet Friday night

MFC should either give models a little extra this month for all the crashes or give premiums 50 free tokens for the inconvenience.

I mean... one crash is excusable. Even 2 over the course of a week wouldn't be worth flipping out over.

But correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that MFC has crashed close to 10 times since the start of the year. And it sounds like it crashed twice on Saturday within an hour of so (I wouldn't know for sure- I was at work). That's ridiculous.

But, I'd have to believe that the one who should the most furious about this is Leo. Think about it- last weekend, MFC had an exhibit at the AVN convention to bring in more customers. And when those customers came to check out the site when they came home, it was site crash after site crash. All that work and all that money spent to buy space at the convention (which I'm betting wasn't cheap)... blown because of shitty servers.

Leo owes it to the models to have MFC running smoothly with minimal interruption. So far, in 2011; he's failing that big time.

Sevrin said:
Not a crash issue, but SMS notifications haven't worked for me since the early afternoon of Jan 13th. I know they're non-functional for the US, but does anyone else in Canada use them?
I don't know about the SMS function, but the email notification hasn't been working for me lately.

Someone write a well worded letter of complaint and post it here.
Then we all hit the admins with it. Nothing will be done if there isn't a decent proportion of people actually complaining to the admins about it.

I've seen several models seeking other sites to work on because of this shit. They all want to take their members with them though :)

MFC better get its shit together soon, people are starting to leave them.

Is there a cam whore union? Maybe if all the top 50 earners threaten to jump ship there might be a change. Barring that, I seriously doubt Leo gives a shit, similar to the way he does with all the constant rule breaking.

I think some people over characterize Leo in their own minds. If your metal image of Leo contains elements such as a feathery pimp hat, gold chains, and floor length crushed velvet robe, flanked on both arms by blond bombshells, cruelly laughing while toasting his entourage with a jewel encrusted chalice filled with your tears, you might be thinking a bit too much about Leo.

Site crashes suck. No need to break out the farm implements and torches :) deep breaths

LovelyLemon said:
I think some people over characterize Leo in their own minds. If your metal image of Leo contains elements such as a feathery pimp hat, gold chains, and floor length crushed velvet robe, flanked on both arms by blond bombshells, cruelly laughing while toasting his entourage with a jewel encrusted chalice filled with your tears, you might be thinking a bit too much about Leo.

Site crashes suck. No need to break out the farm implements and torches :) deep breaths

Imagines LL saying that in her room with a sly smile and in that velvety voice of hers... :drool:

Sevrin said:
LovelyLemon said:

Imagines LL saying that in her room with a sly smile and in that velvety voice of hers... :drool:

mental image i have right now is pimpLeo ala frankiechemical

morment said:
Sevrin said:
I don't know about the SMS function, but the email notification hasn't been working for me lately.
SMS notifications are working again.

LovelyLemon said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the crashes have been easing up a bit. Only crashed twice today during the 4 hours I was on. :whistle: I do wonder why a site of this magnitude wouldn't have better servers though. A single girl in the top can justify the purchase 1 or 2 with what she makes during her set methinks...

LuxDahl said:
LovelyLemon said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the crashes have been easing up a bit. Only crashed twice today during the 4 hours I was on. :whistle: I do wonder why a site of this magnitude wouldn't have better servers though. A single girl in the top can justify the purchase 1 or 2 with what she makes during her set methinks...

And someone to maintain it. I'm a software programmer but working for a small company I maintain our web servers as well. I earn less in a year than Aspenrae/Candycane etc earn in a Month.

Bocefish said:
5 crashes in the last 40 minutes...going for a new record.
Thank goodness I didn't get on earlier. I *almost* did. But all this would have discouraged me to work today, and I really really need to. I'm scared about later though.

Just_mark__ said:
Someone write a well worded letter of complaint and post it here.
Then we all hit the admins with it. Nothing will be done if there isn't a decent proportion of people actually complaining to the admins about it.

I agree in principle, hence my post above. :)

Although, shooting from the hip might carry more weight than a single copy/paste form letter. Recipients of form letter writing campaigns quickly become desensitized and unresponsive. Having to read a few heartfelt words generally has more impact.

Then again, a picture is worth a thousand words. Having the majority of the models adopt the same "Most Frequent Crashes" avatar would make for an interesting front page splash. :D

Surely there are some talented graphic designers amongst us. Yes? :)

I know; I am fantasizing.

This is my final crash rant; I promise.

Grrr I was trying to cam 24 hours straight and MFC has broken my attempt now, hmph.

MFCFan said:
Nothing will be done if there isn't a decent proportion of people actually complaining to the admins about it.
Although, shooting from the hip might carry more weight than a single copy/paste form letter. Recipients of form letter writing campaigns quickly become desensitized and unresponsive. Having to read a few heartfelt words generally has more impact..[/quote]

Agreed with MFCFan, petitions/comment cards work when they're coherent and positive. As much as I want to spam my model-admin buddies with "YOU DOOODES SUCK MY LADY BALLS", I know it would have little effect. By the same token (no pun intended) my calm, articulate and incredibly elegantly worded memos to admin go equally as unnoticed.

MFC Crashes are unique because I'm not sure what a positive petition/group email would even say. Otherwise I'd volunteer to write it...."We all have discussed and come to a unanimous agreement that the site should be fixed and not crash every four hours, warm regards, the horny angry legion." Well, duh, I have to assume they're already working on that.

I think it would be MARVELOUS if they put out a simple press release. Something along the lines of, "Exciting news! January 2011! We're working on site upgrades to improve our services, please bare with us, apologies for any inconvenience." Does it answer any questions? no. Does it give an ETA on upgrade completions? no. Does it acknowledge that something is not quite right and they're actively working to resolve it? yes. That's all the horny legion needs. Pretend you're a real business, and treat us like real customers/contractors. A little professionalism goes a looooooong way in the cyber slut biz lol.

I think that is the biggest problem we all have with this. The silence from the admins is deafening. It says to me...

1- They just don't give a shit. Which would be stupid. After trying to promote the site so much; to just say "fuck it" would be completely asinine.

2- They're having bigger issues than they've had before. Maybe someone's trying to hack the servers. Maybe they're having servers just falling apart.

3 (and I've seen something to make me think this is very possible)- There's some sort of major update to MFC coming and they're trying to put it on the servers, but there's some issue with the installation.

Obviously, they need to tell us something. Just a mere recognition that there are issues that they are working on would be enough for most, I think. But the current situation isn't good and they're going to lose business and money for it. At the end of the day, any cam site owes it to their members and their models to provide a stable working environment so that the models can do their job and the members can be entertained. MFC is failing that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.