AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

manycam lite?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome_Alexa

Cam Model
Jun 8, 2022
MFC Username
AwesomeAlexa
Chaturbate Username
_Awesome_Alexa
so.... i use manycam for some of my photo edits i also have manycam lite but manycam lite wont start up i try to uninstall and reinstall but it didn't do anything. anyone know how to fix manycam lite i sent a message to manycam support but no reply yet, gosh i hate waiting....

(I'm a computer tech)
It's possible you downloaded a corrupted installer, or one that has corrupted files in it. Try completely uninstalling it and deleting the file you downloaded, and download it again and reinstall. If that doesn't work, my next best guess without looking into the problem myself would be that another program is interfering with it, which would most likely be an anti-virus program. So, at that point, close all programs and temporarily disable any anti-virus software you have and try it again(clean install from a newly downloaded installer).

Alright. I'm home and apparently will be for a couple days at least because of drama. Let me see what I can do. I'm gunna look into it from this end and see if I can come up with any solutions without looking at your computer myself.

laptop with Logitech C930e Webcam
Alright. I'm gunna take a guess here: Laptops generally have built in cameras. Manycam, like other camera applications, use default devices denoted by the operating system. The operating system, by default, disables the built in camera when an external one is installed. The problem may be that that didn't happen, and manycam is being faced with two webcams, which is causing a malfunction. To verify whether this is the case, right click on your start menu button(windows 10), and click device manager. Find the Cameras tab in the list, and in that list, find your integrated camera. Right click it, and click disable. If it's already disabled, then this isn't the issue.

It's possible it is listed as the actual camera name. Show me a screenshot of the list and I'll let you know which one. Or you can just find the one that doesn't say "Logitech C930e" and disable it.

Logitech Capture? i didn't think you actually needed that. i downloaded the software and it said it was installed already what the heck? im so confused.
Then open it and attempt to get the camera to load within the software. Your device manager isn't listing any installed cameras. That means 1 of 2 things: Either Windows didn't install the generic driver for it, or Windows isn't recognizing the camera when you plug it in.

okay im in Logitech capture and i dont see how to change the source it just says Logitech webcam how do i change it too manycam or maycam lite. it wont let me. :( dang this is annoying

okay im in Logitech capture and i dont see how to change the source it just says Logitech webcam how do i change it too manycam or maycam lite. it wont let me. :( dang this is annoying
Is your webcam capturing video? That's what I'm trying to find out. It appears that your webcam isn't even installed, which would explain why manycam isn't working. I need you to test the webcam to see if it captures video. You should be able to use that software for that.

yeah its capturing video in Logitech capture but i cant change the source. also it runs fine in manycam alone but in manycam lite it will start up for a moment then crash. sooo annoying

Alright. Well, that is incredibly strange, because according to Windows, there is no camera installed. I'm going to have to dig deeper.

Alright. Well, that is incredibly strange, because according to Windows, there is no camera installed. I'm going to have to dig deeper.
For me my c920 is listed under IMAGINE DEVICE, my other 2 cameras are listed under CAMERAS. So chances are the camera IS installed, hence the also getting an image when using that capture app.
Also believe logitechs apps wont let you choose other sources, only there camera's. Why most use OBS, manycam, snapcam etc

Reactions: Kultivater
For me my c920 is listed under IMAGINE DEVICE, my other 2 cameras are listed under CAMERAS. So chances are the camera IS installed, hence the also getting an image when using that capture app.
Also believe logitechs apps wont let you choose other sources, only there camera's. Why most use OBS, manycam, snapcam etc
Perhaps you're right. However, imaging devices consist of scanners and the like, which means it would be very incorrect for Windows to list a camera under this category. But, if that's what happened, then it is what it is. Either way, it doesn't change anything at all, since that simply tells us what we already know: The camera is installed and working.

guys its working fine now i reset my whole PC and it works fine now. also, i am using a different anti virus i wonder if that was why it wasn't working right. what do you guys think the problems was? i mean i impulsively reset everything i mean most of my files was on a backup hard-drive so its all good lol however the rest took forever!!! i mean the only problem i have with manycam lite is it sometimes crashes when using the virtual background. however other then that its fine... im just happy its working mostly fine now. :)

guys its working fine now i reset my whole PC and it works fine now. also, i am using a different anti virus i wonder if that was why it wasn't working right. what do you guys think the problems was? i mean i impulsively reset everything i mean most of my files was on a backup hard-drive so its all good lol however the rest took forever!!! i mean the only problem i have with manycam lite is it sometimes crashes when using the virtual background. however other then that its fine... im just happy its working mostly fine now. :)
If by reset you mean reinstalled Windows, that means it was indeed a software issue, as I suspected. Since logitech's software was picking up the camera before, that means it had nothing to do with your camera. I can't tell you for sure what it was since I'm now unable to look further into it, but my best guess is that windows had some corrupted files which was preventing manycam from either properly installing, or properly registering a camera. Probably the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.