AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

List of Android phones which work with MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2010
I am a windows mobile user since years. I was considering my next phone to be an iphone, but as Flash is not supported on the iphone and i feel iphones are a bit to expensive, i want my next one to be an Android. On windows mobile there is Flash support, but only partly...some flash (Videos) will work, some not (Videochat), if you use the right browser.

It would be nice to compile a list of android phones known to support MFC fully (logged in as a member and which Android version).

Your help is appreciated.

jhough said his Nexus One supports MFC nicely.

mica2022 said:
FifthElephant said:
This is not an android phone.

The nokia N900 works with MFC OK.

Bookmarking http://www.myfreecams/#arandommodel/ and just sticking that on the desktop makes it nearly instant to access.

Loading the page takes some time - but it takes a while on the desktop too.

Nokia 900 is Maemo OS? Heard that the Maemo browser is awesome...

Yes, maemo - which is basically linux.
More like a 'desktop' distribution than android or iphone, trhough both are based on linux.

mica2022 said:
FifthElephant said:
This is not an android phone.

The nokia N900 works with MFC OK.

Bookmarking http://www.myfreecams/#arandommodel/ and just sticking that on the desktop makes it nearly instant to access.

Loading the page takes some time - but it takes a while on the desktop too.

Nokia 900 is Maemo OS? Heard that the Maemo browser is awesome...

i think you are familiar with phone updating
I was using nokia e72 in uk last month i want to unlock my phone , i found the site http://www.mobile-unlocker.com/ which provides unlock codes can i install any software in my mobile after unlocking . guide me

I hope they release the upgrade to 2.2 for mah Acer soon. Until then I'll have no access to Flash. All I can use now is the Ajax version of MFC, and that's just fail.

I sent an email to MFC to find out what kind of support they provide for Androids, and have received no reply.

yeah I use the HTC Evo to log in mfc sometimes...its hit and miss...takes minutes to load...but once youre in a models room and it has loaded...its ok...

I have the HTC Aria. Nooo clue how to work MFC with it besides loading profiles. :oops:

An update. Since the release of Froyo for my Acer Liquid E isn't imminent, I tried another tack.

I've installed TightVNC on my home computer and, as long as my ISP doesn't change my IP on me, I can use the Android VNC viewer to control my desktop and access MFC that way. I use 64bpp colour, so it looks pretty awful, but I can do pretty much anything through my phone that I can while at home on my desktop. Mouse controls take some getting used to, but it's nothing that you can't adjust to. The only problem I had was messing up my port forwarding, but once I fixed that, it worked great. :dance: You can do a lot more than run MFC using this method, but, let's face it, not a whole lot else is worth using a computer for, now is there? :p

I have a Moto Cliq with droid system on it, I can log in and see the frames, but not cams...figure my lazy ass could upload an update to fix that, but I'm usually on the lappy anyways LOL

Figured I'd post this in the old Android thread.

There's an app that lets pervs check whether our favourite models are online. Works pretty well, comes with a widget. You can obviously use the SMS or email notifications, but this is a neat alternative, and you can use it whenever.

Life is weird :D

After making the same function for my site in mid June, I thought at the time about making a phone App but concluded it was pointless as you get sms and email notifications anyway :D

That App proves I was wrong with my assumption, people would have used it (as they do use that!) :shock: Oh well :-D

Works fine on my HTC Evo , even in 3g, except the pms are broken sometimes on the default internet browser...

I found 2 combinations which fully work with mfc, including login and pm, tipping. I did not test pvt, grp nor member webcam. For a good experience umts/hsdpa is needed. on a 3G or EDGE connection mfc will be dead slow or even timeouts occur.

And the winners are:

Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread and the free Ninesky Browser.

Acer Iconia Tab A100 with Android 3.2 Honeycomb and Dolphin Browser.

I also tested Opera Mobile, Google Stock Browser, Miren Browser, Maxthon Browser, Firefox etc. but all of them had various problems with mfc.

So finally we can enjoy MFC on the go ....

I also have an Evo. It works most of the time - the biggest issue being adequate bandwidth.

The other big issue is that it's hard to get both video and chat on the screen at the same time. I usually have to scroll far down to see the video screen and only see a tiny portion of the chat screen. Imagine something like a monitor strapped to the left side of the middle of a ladder and that's what the screen setup is like.

mica2022 said:
I found 2 combinations which fully work with mfc, including login and pm, tipping. I did not test pvt, grp nor member webcam. For a good experience umts/hsdpa is needed. on a 3G or EDGE connection mfc will be dead slow or even timeouts occur.

And the winners are:

Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread and the free Ninesky Browser.

Acer Iconia Tab A100 with Android 3.2 Honeycomb and Dolphin Browser.

I also tested Opera Mobile, Google Stock Browser, Miren Browser, Maxthon Browser, Firefox etc. but all of them had various problems with mfc.

So finally we can enjoy MFC on the go ....

I should add that in both cases I switched the user agent setting from "android" to "desktop" and the display mode to "desktop". This ensures mfc thinks you are connecting with a desktop browser and advices the browser to layout mfc same like a desktop browser.
In effect mfc looks pretty much like you expect it to look. Only differences is that you cant resize the windows (on mobile devices all windows fill the screen) nor can you resize the video area and chat area by dragging.

Status
Not open for further replies.